Options

Worst ticket experience ever?

8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
edited February 2013 in The Porch
i've been to quite a few concerts/sporting events over the years and can not think of worse experience. from the 10c lotto to the tickets.com golden wrapper extravaganza, this was by far the worst ever.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Apparently you didn't try for PJ20?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

scored 10c tix to that.....that was was pretty rough, but you still had some control. this was the blind leading the blind.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    81 wrote:
    i've been to quite a few concerts/sporting events over the years and can not think of worse experience. from the 10c lotto to the tickets.com golden wrapper extravaganza, this was by far the worst ever.

Same. This is actually the first time I tried for tickets to any event and didn't get them. :(

I know Ticketmaster sucks and whatever, but I've never gotten shut out before. As long as you make sure you're on the site at 10am, your chances at getting tickets are really good. Tickets.com is a joke.
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Canada 11
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    81 wrote:

scored 10c tix to that.....that was was pretty rough, but you still had some control. this was the blind leading the blind.

I felt helpless for days trying to PJ20 tickets.
    F5
    F5
    F5
    F5
    F5
    F5
  • Options
    Yeah, this was brutal. Oh well, plenty of time to get tickets. People will change their minds as the date gets closer. There are so many tickets on the scalper sites. Hopefully some members will be helpful to those of us who got shut out
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
  • Options
    Agg wrote:
    81 wrote:

Same. This is actually the first time I tried for tickets to any event and didn't get them. :(

I know Ticketmaster sucks and whatever, but I've never gotten shut out before. As long as you make sure you're on the site at 10am, your chances at getting tickets are really good. Tickets.com is a joke.

i don't think ticketmaster is that bad. at least you know it's sold out in 5 minutes and not an hour. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, this was brutal. Oh well, plenty of time to get tickets. People will change their minds as the date gets closer. There are so many tickets on the scalper sites. Hopefully some members will be helpful to those of us who got shut out

i agree for the most part. this one worries me a bit more tho. wrigley attracts alot of people that just want to be there. it's different than say the united center.

we'll see.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Canada 11

Fuck no. Canada in 2011 was a pain but nowhere near as bad an experience as this whole process. Canada 2011 the fan had control, until the crash but then had control again.

At what point in his process did you feel you had control?? Seriously
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    PJ20 was way worse.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i don't think ticketmaster is that bad. at least you know it's sold out in 5 minutes and not an hour. :fp:

Exactly. This show sold out in record time, yet I was still on the site 2 hours later trying to get tickets. Ridiculous.
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    PJ 20 was 7 hours of stupidity and stress. No thanks to ever doing that again even if today did suck as well
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Yep. Never had a problem with ticketmaster.... tickets are there or they aren't. Boom boom.
  • Options
    Absolutely a waste of time. Have not seen Pearl Jam live for almost 5 years. Lottery turned up empty handed. Then this tickets.com -- Nice to know that others are scalping or putting tickets up already on various sites for 3 to 4 times the face price when real fans are shut out again. I will not be going through this crap again.
  • Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    all of the useless threads that are started just because one person didn't score tickets. such a waste of space :fp:
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,075
    I personally think the MSG ticketing buying experience is way worse. Of course I got the tickets for this show for the price I wanted.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    PJ 20 was 7 hours of stupidity and stress. No thanks to ever doing that again...
  • Options
    Biggest problem? Prices too low. I didn't want them, but the price of these tickets were basically begging scalpers to gobble up even more than usual. Even if the sell for a c note, they are going to make a killing.

I know it sounds weird but raising ticket prices would actually slow this. It does 2 things:

1) leaves less profit potential for scalpers
    2) stops the casual buyer or at least makes them think.

When you sell something out that fast, you've WAY under priced your market. This is why I find the they hate their fans thread it's about the money hilarious.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Biggest problem? Prices too low. I didn't want them, but the price of these tickets were basically begging scalpers to gobble up even more than usual. Even if the sell for a c note, they are going to make a killing.

I know it sounds weird but raising ticket prices would actually slow this. It does 2 things:

When you sell something out that fast, you've WAY under priced your market. This is why I find the they hate their fans thread it's about the money hilarious.

Lots of goods point here.

When supply is as low as it was for the Wrigley show, prices need to go up or scalpers/brokers will make them go up in the secondary market.
  • Options
    I wholeheartedly agree

a tremendous shit-show
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    That's actually a good point.
    I would pay $125 per ticket - still way better that scalpers prices.
    Everyone jumps on Neil Young for selling tickets at such a high prices but I think he is just diverting money away from scalpers and real fans actually buy the tickets.
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

Lots of goods point here.

When supply is as low as it was for the Wrigley show, prices need to go up or scalpers/brokers will make them go up in the secondary market.
    yep..seems that way..very intresting post Edson
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ20 was a catastrophe. This was smooth by comparison.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    McNairn wrote:
    That's actually a good point.
    I would pay $125 per ticket - still way better that scalpers prices.
    Everyone jumps on Neil Young for selling tickets at such a high prices but I think he is just diverting money away from scalpers and real fans actually buy the tickets.

It would also stop folks from going to 15 shows and preventing others from getting tickets.

PJ may want to take a simple Econ 101 class to learn that raising prices is the best way to control what they've been trying to control via artificial lotteries, seniority and other stupid shit.

It's ok if folks only see 2 shows on a tour. It's also ok if folks pay extra for front row seats, so they can LOWER prices even further in the rest of the arena. Though I guess if you're going to make scalpers...errrr..i mean fans pay only $50 as the cost of entry (into the business), it doesn't really matter. :lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options

I agree. I was shocked at how low prices were. I would have easily paid $150 face value.

Pisses me off that I got shut out, while people who are just going because it's summer in Wrigley got the tickets they wanted. Raising the prices would have made people think twice about buying tickets.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    It was totally fine for me. I don't have tix, but only because I declined all the tickets I got on tickets.com. I could have bought 10 crappy tix if I'd wanted to though. With a smartphone. It was totally smooth for me, aside from the fact that I'm being picky. I really don't understand why soany others seemed to have so much trouble. Something strange about that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Canada 11

i had no problem at all getting tix for hamilton.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Red Sox fans are accustomed to the dreaded virtual waiting room, usually spending a whole Saturday in December in that thing trying to score Sox Pax.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    DocChicago wrote:
    PJ20 was a catastrophe. This was smooth by comparison.

Yep. And I scored tix for PJ20 and struck out for Wrigley. Tickets.com is obviously a piece of shit website, but still not as bad as the PJ20 debacle.
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    Canada 11

i had no problem at all getting tix for hamilton.
    which day?