Options

Worst ticket experience ever?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Hey at least you have power and didn't shovel over 2 ft of snow today.
    It could be worse.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Yeah, that minute it took you to enter your ticket request must have been brutal. Let's just be thankful that nobody got hurt. :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    Hey at least you have power and didn't shovel over 2 ft of snow today.
    It could be worse.
    :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    This was the worst I've ever experienced. Seen PJ 40 times and never bought from a scalper (ok, I paid $40 to a guy at Made in America to get in cheap). PJ20 was better than this, but I probably feel like that since I got 10C tix to that (although there were also lawns available forever on TM) and got shut out on the lottery and the tickets.com waiting room mess today that produced no tickets.
  • Options
    I have been shut out the past 4 times trying to get tickets PJ 20, Eddie, :x now Wrigley 2 times. The thing that bugs me is some people already had tickets and are trying for more to get better seats. Pretty greedy!!!
  • Options
    Apparently you didn't try for PJ20?

i agree with the original poster...

I think more got locked out for Wrigley because 10c had more tix for Pj20
  • Options
    markinsand wrote:

you telling me that same number of fans try to score for wrigley as for Alpine???
    no....
    the day alpine went for sale,and before 10c stop the sale,3700 weekend packages ,aka 15000 10c tix.if i remember the number was sold...and there was more for when the sale restart..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    markinsandmarkinsand Posts: 184
    edited February 2013
    markinsand wrote:

you telling me that same number of fans try to score for wrigley as for Alpine???
    no....
    the day alpine went for sale,and before 10c stop the sale,3700 weekend packages ,aka 15000 10c tix.if i remember the number was sold...and there was more for when the sale restart..

no less fans tried for wrigley but the ticket per 10c member attempting to get a ticket was a lower % than alpine is what Im saying...

the supply/demand was higher for wrigley...
    Post edited by markinsand on
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Here was PJ20:

F5
    F5
    F5
    (7 hours later)
    Success!

Wrigley:
    Nope.
    Nope.
    Oh, you live in the Chicago area? Nope.

:fp:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    iamica wrote:
    Here was PJ20:

F5
    F5
    F5
    (7 hours later)
    Success!

Wrigley:
    Nope.
    Nope.
    Oh, you live in the Chicago area? Nope.

:fp:

thats how i and at least 5 other 10c members i know feel... of the 6 10c members im close friends with 1 of us scored... that lucky bastard...
  • Options
    I beg to differ were you around in 94 when shows and tickets were announced at odd times of the day during the middle of the week. You have a way better chance now then back then
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,674
    McNairn wrote:
    That's actually a good point.
    I would pay $125 per ticket - still way better that scalpers prices.
    Everyone jumps on Neil Young for selling tickets at such a high prices but I think he is just diverting money away from scalpers and real fans actually buy the tickets.

It would also stop folks from going to 15 shows and preventing others from getting tickets.

PJ may want to take a simple Econ 101 class to learn that raising prices is the best way to control what they've been trying to control via artificial lotteries, seniority and other stupid shit.

It's ok if folks only see 2 shows on a tour. It's also ok if folks pay extra for front row seats, so they can LOWER prices even further in the rest of the arena. Though I guess if you're going to make scalpers...errrr..i mean fans pay only $50 as the cost of entry (into the business), it doesn't really matter. :lol:

My take on it is that the band wants to keep ticket prices lower so they're accessible to people that don't have the cash. This has ALWAYS been a priority to the band. 10c tickets are also a manifestation of this value of accessibility.

I remember trying to get tickets in '94, man was that a pain. The demand was so huge, but people generally accepted the disappointment of not getting tickets because of the demand. Now people are disappointed, yet many of those are entitled at the same time.
  • Options
    markinsand wrote:

no less fans tried for wrigley but the ticket per 10c member attempting to get a ticket was a lower % than alpine is what Im saying...

the supply/demand was higher for wrigley...
    got it,i understand it different...
  • Options
    The Europe Tour was bad too. I tried for hours before the presale crashed. Then had to wait up till 2am to buy it through the Dutch site.

Me and my buddy plan on going to Chicago from Vancouver, and not having tickets as of now has changed nothing. They will release more tickets, just always check back. If not I will buy tickets off the streets.

This is a joke and PJ need to end their beef with Ticketmaster/LiveNation and set it up properly. U2 fans have no problems with Live Nation presales, they get a code and can use it for 6 tickets all tour. It isn't rocket science, Bono needs to sit Ed down.
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:
    McNairn wrote:
    That's actually a good point.
    I would pay $125 per ticket - still way better that scalpers prices.
    Everyone jumps on Neil Young for selling tickets at such a high prices but I think he is just diverting money away from scalpers and real fans actually buy the tickets.

It would also stop folks from going to 15 shows and preventing others from getting tickets.

PJ may want to take a simple Econ 101 class to learn that raising prices is the best way to control what they've been trying to control via artificial lotteries, seniority and other stupid shit.

It's ok if folks only see 2 shows on a tour. It's also ok if folks pay extra for front row seats, so they can LOWER prices even further in the rest of the arena. Though I guess if you're going to make scalpers...errrr..i mean fans pay only $50 as the cost of entry (into the business), it doesn't really matter. :lol:

My take on it is that the band wants to keep ticket prices lower so they're accessible to people that don't have the cash. This has ALWAYS been a priority to the band. 10c tickets are also a manifestation of this value of accessibility.

I remember trying to get tickets in '94, man was that a pain. The demand was so huge, but people generally accepted the disappointment of not getting tickets because of the demand. Now people are disappointed, yet many of those are entitled at the same time.

Yep.

Why do they feel entitled?

Because they've always gotten them in the past for as many shows as they wanted. Prices made thinking unnecessary. Now accessibility to more people is easier and everyone finally realizes what artificially depressed pricing does.

Not saying that's a bad thing. Just, you reap what you sow.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,674
    Go Beavers wrote:

Yep.

Why do they feel entitled?

Because they've always gotten them in the past for as many shows as they wanted. Prices made thinking unnecessary. Now accessibility to more people is easier and everyone finally realizes what artificially depressed pricing does.

Not saying that's a bad thing. Just, you reap what you sow.

It's not just pricing, though. I bet the demand for the Wrigley show was similar to a '94 show. People were assuming that since they're in the 10c, they should get tickets. With a normal, multiple show tour, that demand is spread out, and most everyone in the 10c gets tickets.
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    This was the worst. Lotto was fine for what it was, but the waiting rooms were awful. Nothing but frustration and helplessness.

This pretty much proves that Ticketmaster is the way to go. You know if you got tickets with 5 minutes, simple and fair.
  • Options
    Who actually got to the checkout during the PJ20 shows, entered there credit info, just to still not know whether or not they got tickets? Until you actually got confirmation that took days to receive. At least you knew during the lotto a yes or no on the given day. Again today, it only took an hour (for me) to realize the show was sold out. Give it time, chill out if you don't have a ticket to get in, Darkness comes in waves...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    I actually found the Soundgarden sale to be a much worse experience than this one even though the results were better at the end of the SG sale for me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    81 wrote:
    i've been to quite a few concerts/sporting events over the years and can not think of worse experience. from the 10c lotto to the tickets.com golden wrapper extravaganza, this was by far the worst ever.

Without a doubt! All in the name of "fairness".
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    This was nowhere near the worst ticket experience ever. I got shut out. At least I only spent 3 hours to get shut and didnt have to do shit other then watch the fucking clock tickdown to 0 a few thousand times. :lol:

I'll still see you there though. :twisted:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    Brony wrote:
    all of the useless threads that are started just because one person didn't score tickets. such a waste of space :fp:

This.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    2el75t0.jpg

still another thread on this?
    aqo2t.jpg