Options

**Halifax Fanviews Here**

Comments

• Options
    well said lanners. after the show for a minute i said to myself i wish i'd heard "black" or "indifference"...then i had to slap myself.
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Only way to rectify not seeing Black is going to see more shows ;-)

I've been lucky enough to have seen it live 2 times...amazing..still waiting for Indifference and Release though..so I guess I have to plan a trip for next year (unless they make it back here)
  • Options
    warehousewarehouse Posts: 124
    Personally I don't care that much about Black, I mean we got to see Breath for Christsakes!!!! That's gotta be my alltime fav and it was the only time it, along with Bushleager, Fortunate Son and possibly one more were played in Canada on this tour. How awesome is that
    Lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers he decides to dream. Dream up a new self. For himself.

Montreal 2000
    Toronto 2003
    Montreal 2003
    Halifax 2005
    Hartford 2006
  • Options
    andydick8andydick8 Posts: 205
    sward wrote:
    Only way to rectify not seeing Black is going to see more shows ;-)

I've been lucky enough to have seen it live 2 times...amazing..still waiting for Indifference and Release though..so I guess I have to plan a trip for next year (unless they make it back here)

I saw it live twice too! After looking at your signature, I saw the same shows that you did, and saw Release in Boston :p I bet you were close to going too, weren't you? Maybe we'll catch Indiference at the next Montreal show...
    Add your benaroya vinyl # to the list!!!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=104018
  • Options
    andydick8andydick8 Posts: 205
    warehouse wrote:
    Personally I don't care that much about Black, I mean we got to see Breath for Christsakes!!!! That's gotta be my alltime fav and it was the only time it, along with Bushleager, Fortunate Son and possibly one more were played in Canada on this tour. How awesome is that

Agreed, Breath was fucking sweet! I brought an inflatable beachball that was over 3 feet in diametre with the word "Breath" writte all over it. It took me about 30 minutes to blow it up During the Sleater Kinney set (I almost passed out a few times because I had a little buzz on), then when I was finally done, I went to take a leak. When I got back, the guy behind me told me that Pearl Jam's security guard took it!. I think, and always will think that he told them about it backstage before they came on.

*pats himself on back*
    Add your benaroya vinyl # to the list!!!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=104018
  • Options
    warehousewarehouse Posts: 124
    sweet, good job!
    Lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers he decides to dream. Dream up a new self. For himself.

Montreal 2000
    Toronto 2003
    Montreal 2003
    Halifax 2005
    Hartford 2006
  • Options
    whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
    this show was pretty sweet... most likely the best show i have seen outta PJ and i was at the 2003 boston shows... just a small request for anyone who might be able to help... does anyone have the audio for Driftin? i really need to get that song, it made my nite hearing it and it was the first song... made sleater kinney worth sitting through - thanx if ya can help
    oh yea and any video would be amazing as well
    peace
  • Options
    lannerslanners Posts: 458
    i was really happy they played Breath too, and that made up for no Black. my brother and i were talking about what songs we wanted to hear and number one on his list was Breath but he added that they hadn't played it live in ages so he wasn't going to hold his breath (oh god...i made a pun :( ). when Eddie started talking about it, i thought my bro might go through the roof!

why they chose halifax to play it there i don't know, but i am grateful they did!
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    andydick8 wrote:
    I saw it live twice too! After looking at your signature, I saw the same shows that you did, and saw Release in Boston :p I bet you were close to going too, weren't you? Maybe we'll catch Indiference at the next Montreal show...

Yes..I really wanted to go to Boston as well..hehe

You know we are pretty lucky because I think we have seen some of PJ's really good shows. It's always an amazing crowd in Montreal..and the Halifax setlist has been one of the best thus far. So..I won't complain..but yah....Indifference in Montreal!! I can dig it.
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    well since the fanviews are still all the buzz from this great nite

I gotta say, some pretty good singing at the end of even flow
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    gray_8gray_8 Posts: 6
    Sorry if this has been said, but PJ on the Hill? Summer 06...Anyone think this would be plausible? I really think that we may see another show and maybe a NB show as well. I also think that a return to Maine would be pretty cool. Actually, it would be interesting to see the 06 tour hit a lot of places that they have missed in the past. New Hampshire, Vermont, etc....
  • Options
    i was just thinking about PJ on the hill yesterday...that would be awesome! i could spend a few hours sitting up on the hill and taking in an open air PJ show...
  • Options
    Let me know.
  • Options
    caper70 wrote:
    Let me know.

http://pearljam.com/

click the link near the bottom for official bootlegs, you'll have to download the java program and need a credit card to order

• Options
    Lost_Clay wrote:
    http://pearljam.com/

click the link near the bottom for official bootlegs, you'll have to download the java program and need a credit card to order

It's the best damn money I've ever spent on a bootleg.
  • Options
    It's the best damn money I've ever spent on a bootleg.

I'd agree, except mine was a gift...I think I've just about worn out Disc 2!
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • Options
    how about the crowd singing on "better man"...pretty schweeeet...
  • Options
    how about the crowd singing on "better man"...pretty schweeeet...

"that was pretty good, now everybody''

amazing how loud it get's after he says that!

• Options
    that was truly a goosebump inspiring moment.

i think the guy standing beside me was getting annoyed with how loud i was singing. i was surprised i had any voice left after the show.
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    yep, there were a few tunes where he let the audience take over...daughter, betterman, alive, jeremy...sing along with PJ...friggin' awesome!

does anyone have a pic of the poster from this show? my buddy and i were in a rush to get in and didn't think to stop at the merch table. same thing on the way out...we were just stunned by what we'd just seen. i'd be interested in checking it out if anyone has a pic...

better yet, does anyone know where one might be able to purchase a halifax poster? just curious...i'm sure they're hard to come by. it would be "hard to imagine" that there are any that anyone would be willing to part with...
  • Options
    does anyone have a pic of the poster from this show? my buddy and i were in a rush to get in and didn't think to stop at the merch table. same thing on the way out...we were just stunned by what we'd just seen. i'd be interested in checking it out if anyone has a pic...

better yet, does anyone know where one might be able to purchase a halifax poster? just curious...i'm sure they're hard to come by. it would be "hard to imagine" that there are any that anyone would be willing to part with...

we bypassed the first merch table on the way in because there were just too many people there and i figured there wouldn't be any posters left. I went to buy some water just as the first encore was about to start and bought some stickers at a merch table but didn't see any posters. i went by the poster table and didn't see any of the "limited edition" ones and figured they were all gone. come to hear later on that there were some posters leftover at the end of the show! grr.
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    Lost_Clay wrote:
    "that was pretty good, now everybody''

amazing how loud it get's after he says that!

And what about being told that it was an honor that we knew the words! What a class act.
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    i'll say it again. this was my favorite show of the 5 i attended. of course, it helped that i was able to sit in the front row, right in front of mr ament.

how you doin' clayton?
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    lanners wrote:
    we bypassed the first merch table on the way in because there were just too many people there and i figured there wouldn't be any posters left. I went to buy some water just as the first encore was about to start and bought some stickers at a merch table but didn't see any posters. i went by the poster table and didn't see any of the "limited edition" ones and figured they were all gone. come to hear later on that there were some posters leftover at the end of the show! grr.

exactly...grrr!!!
  • Options
    anyone in the halifax area notice how little "the coast" had to say about this show...a blurb in the corner of a page that was a full page article about "the trews"?!?! WTF?!?!? the review was positive, but definitely far too short...
    there was also mention in a prior issue about PJ being "desperate" enough to come to halifax...what the hell is that all about? we are so far out of the way...they always complain that no one big comes here...and when one of the best bands in the world decides to pay us a visit, there is barely mention of it. boo and hiss to "the coast". get your collective heads, pens and pencils, and word processors out of your collective arses...this was the best concert to hit halifax since neil young played in 1996...and it's relegated to a blurb in the corner of a page?!
  • Options
    andydick8 wrote:
    Agreed, Breath was fucking sweet! I brought an inflatable beachball that was over 3 feet in diametre with the word "Breath" writte all over it. It took me about 30 minutes to blow it up During the Sleater Kinney set (I almost passed out a few times because I had a little buzz on), then when I was finally done, I went to take a leak. When I got back, the guy behind me told me that Pearl Jam's security guard took it!. I think, and always will think that he told them about it backstage before they came on.

*pats himself on back*

Sorry buddy. They were soundchecking Breathe when I picked up my tickets. as well as alone which unfortunately didnt get played.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • Options
    alone would have been nice to hear...
  • Options
    olderman wrote:
    i'll say it again. this was my favorite show of the 5 i attended. of course, it helped that i was able to sit in the front row, right in front of mr ament.

how you doin' clayton?

hey man! doin great, well not great but can't complain

wow i didnt know you were right in front of jeff, so was I (but in row 9 on the aisle) twas a great show I remember you speaking highly of it in newfoundland, halifax was also where i met sophie & sam outside the building for the soundcheck, probably saw you out there too teflonsteve (me that day = sunglasses/grey 'are you experienced' t-shirt)

hope you enjoyed the (short) world series & jethro tull Jess

take it easy & take care

• Options
    anyone in the halifax area notice how little "the coast" had to say about this show...a blurb in the corner of a page that was a full page article about "the trews"?!?! WTF?!?!? the review was positive, but definitely far too short...
    there was also mention in a prior issue about PJ being "desperate" enough to come to halifax...what the hell is that all about? we are so far out of the way...they always complain that no one big comes here...and when one of the best bands in the world decides to pay us a visit, there is barely mention of it. boo and hiss to "the coast". get your collective heads, pens and pencils, and word processors out of your collective arses...this was the best concert to hit halifax since neil young played in 1996...and it's relegated to a blurb in the corner of a page?!

I was a little taken aback by all the focus on Sleater-Kinney in the Coast and the lack of coverage for Pearl Jam (with the exception of the insult to PJ), but then I remembered that the Coast is more of a S-K paper than a PJ paper (if you get what i'm trying to say...brain not working well-finding it hard to make my point), or at least it used to be.
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    lanners wrote:
    I was a little taken aback by all the focus on Sleater-Kinney in the Coast and the lack of coverage for Pearl Jam (with the exception of the insult to PJ), but then I remembered that the Coast is more of a S-K paper than a PJ paper (if you get what i'm trying to say...brain not working well-finding it hard to make my point), or at least it used to be.

i see what you mean lanners. it's just that i guess i remember the coast being the "alternative" paper when it first came out. to me bands like PJ epitomize the ducking of trends and focussing on the music, their art, and their fans. it was just surprising to me that they didn't do a story on PJ as well. i wasn't surprised at the SK story at all, just the lack of coverage for PJ.