Options

**Halifax Fanviews Here**

Comments

• Options
    lannerslanners Posts: 458
    i think there are many factors lanners. the setlist, our loyalty, PJ loyalty to long time fans, and as you mentioned the lack of major events 'round these parts. for me it just keeps coming back to listening to "ten" in high school, and never imagining that i would see this band live, let alone in my hometown! i have been to a lot of shows, and i've seen a ton of bands, but there aren't very many that compared to this show for me. the tunes, the crowd, the band interaction with the crowd...just an unexplainable feeling and experience. i hope we are all able to get together and do it again!

AMENt!!!

I agree with what you said about the Trews too. I've been chastized for making comments about them because "we should support our maritime talent" but i find that all of their songs sound the same. I caught them at Evolve last year and let me tell you, my friends and i were back at our campsite cheering the second the music stopped. i'm sure the cheering was taken as appreciation, but it wasn't. not at all.

hmm...thinking back to Evolve 2004...i'd love to see Pearl Jam and Spearhead do something together. That would be pretty cool. Michael Franti is incredible.
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    An Argentinian Radio Site!!! amazing!! opening with a lot of PEARL JAM!!!
    I love it! check this out!!! don´t miss it!!!

http://www.fmrockandpop.com
    " ... The waiting drove me mad, you were finally in Argentina and I was a mess ... "
    25/11 - 26/11 - Buenos Aires
    The best and long Black versions never before listening......
  • Options
    wow...this juliodenhambre person gets around! talk about shameless plugging in unrelated threads.

oh well, means we got bumped up again.

woot woot go halifax
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    My friend Steven came with me to this concert. It was the time of our lives. A few days afterward, Steve mentioned to me that his "life was now complete". I never thought he was serious. Steve took his life early last Saturday. He was only 19. He was my best friend - the best I'll ever have - and even though I am completely devasted by his passing, I am so glad he was able to see his favorite band play.

Thank you for playing Low Light, it was his favorite song.
  • Options
    Wow, i'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That's so sad, but at the same time it's good that he was able to see PJ play and that you were able to share in this amazing experience with him.

My thoughts are with you and his family.
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    i am so very sorry for your loss. that is unimaginably sad. my thoughts are with you and his family.
  • Options
    we're losing steam guys. St. John's has pulled ahead!
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    here's a cool pic of eddie from the show...keep in mind that he kept the keith's can on his head for the majority of the tune...

Picture030.jpg
  • Options
    Cool pic. Its hard to imagine(sorry!)he did that because when you listen to the boot you'd never get the impression he was not moving his head or getting into the song very much.
  • Options
    it takes talent to balance a beer can on your head while singing. he was singing Down at this point, wasn't he?

god, i can't get enough of that picture! too funny. i always imagined Ed to be kind of quiet, shy, and, well, not the beer-balancing-on-your-head type of guy.

i was so wrong, and Ed, i bow at your feet in praise of your balancing prowess.
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    I just listened to this boot again today after a lengthy break and WOW it is awesome to relive what was quite possibly the best night of my life. I pray that Pearl Jam will once again grace Halifax with their presence.
    Lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers he decides to dream. Dream up a new self. For himself.

Montreal 2000
    Toronto 2003
    Montreal 2003
    Halifax 2005
    Hartford 2006
  • Options
    I got the video of down, from section 38, you can see ed put the beer on his head but you really tell its a beer. A bit fuzzy.
    Mansfield 07/11/03
    Halifax 09/22/05
    Dude! what period is it? I don't fucking know, get me another beer!
  • Options
    Did anyone notice Ed saying a weird word after "Off He Goes" in the first encore. He was talking about Keith's beer and going to the bootlegger, when he said something like: is there a "ploosum" ??? around here ? I think it refers to a bootlegger, but I'm not sure.
  • Options
    I got the video of down, from section 38, you can see ed put the beer on his head but you really tell its a beer. A bit fuzzy.

I was in the "upper echelons" of section 39 and didn't realize he was balancing anything on his head until i saw photographs. i knew i should have brought binoculars.

As for what he says about the 24 hour something something, i always thought he was referring to a 24-hour booze outlet or something...i thought maybe they had them in the states...but now that you say it Truthmonger, a bootlegger would make more sense.
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    Video Update: Still being "verified". These people sure are slow.
    Add your benaroya vinyl # to the list!!!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=104018
  • Options
    I dont know how to make the video available, people say google video but that seems to be for music videos. If you can tell me a very easy way for everyone to view these videos, let me know, i'm not that great with online stuff.
    Please bear in mind, these video clips were taken with a digital camera, and i could get 3 min. clips and i was in section 38, the picture quality isnt great but the sound is ok for a digital camera.
    i took video clips of def leppard and you can barely make out what song was being sung cause i was too close. I was wayyyyyyyyyyyy too close for UFO, but i can still make out the song .
    Mansfield 07/11/03
    Halifax 09/22/05
  • Options
    so the vancouver poster is up, the calgary poster is up, and the saskatoon poster is up...here's hoping the halifax poster gets put up! i'm keeping my fingers crossed!
  • Options
    I dont know how to make the video available, people say google video but that seems to be for music videos. If you can tell me a very easy way for everyone to view these videos, let me know, i'm not that great with online stuff.
    Please bear in mind, these video clips were taken with a digital camera, and i could get 3 min. clips and i was in section 38, the picture quality isnt great but the sound is ok for a digital camera.
    i took video clips of def leppard and you can barely make out what song was being sung cause i was too close. I was wayyyyyyyyyyyy too close for UFO, but i can still make out the song .

yousendit.com is a popular way for these things to get out.

If you wanna send me the videos I can up them somewhere so everyone can get them.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 644
    so the vancouver poster is up, the calgary poster is up, and the saskatoon poster is up...here's hoping the halifax poster gets put up! i'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm sure it will eventually show up, they were selling them at Philly, so they still had some at the end of the NA tour.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    i'm still kicking myself for not picking one up at the show!
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    Jenfarr wrote:
    I'm sure it will eventually show up, they were selling them at Philly, so they still had some at the end of the NA tour.

good to hear. thanks for the info.
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Did anyone notice Ed saying a weird word after "Off He Goes" in the first encore. He was talking about Keith's beer and going to the bootlegger, when he said something like: is there a "ploosum" ??? around here ? I think it refers to a bootlegger, but I'm not sure.

Hehehhe..back to 'ploosum'...I've been wondering about that myself...I didn't notice it at the concert. At first I thought he was doing a drunken warble..but after that he spoke with ease and no hint of a drunk tongue..haha

Hilarious
  • Options
    the "ploosum" was just a slip-up on the word "place". Maybe drunken, maybe not. I think it was in the line where he was wondering if someone would go to the liquor store to pick him up a 12-pack.

I'm at work and don't have the boot with me, so sorry if this isn't a direct quote, but it's something like this I think.
    "is there a "placeum" (place) around here? a 24 hour spot?"
    "do you have a truck? wanna get us a goddam 6-pack, 12-pack?"
  • Options
    yousendit.com is a popular way for these things to get out.

If you wanna send me the videos I can up them somewhere so everyone can get them.
    I sent you 2 clips, Eddie's toast and Down, hope you got them, let me know.
    Mansfield 07/11/03
    Halifax 09/22/05
  • Options
    but it's better than anything else out there.

Enjoy!
    http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=%22Pearl+Jam+in++Halifax+Fortunate+Son+RITFW%22+playable%3Atrue&pl=1&lv=0

I wish I brought a camera to my 10c seats. Oh well...
  • Options
    Thank you so much, that made my day! Please - anyone - post more!

P.S. Is there any chance you could upload it so we can download and save it?
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    andydick8 wrote:
    but it's better than anything else out there.

Enjoy!
    http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=% ... +Son+RITFW"+playable:true

I wish I brought a camera to my 10c seats. Oh well...

Holy sweet F@#@ you rule!!!! This is awesome..and in my opinion a great angle...got to soak in the crowd a bit!

Thanks.........
  • Options
    I sent you 2 clips, Eddie's toast and Down, hope you got them, let me know.

worked fine thanks!!1

anyone who wants the video can get it here

http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0XRTEIE0I9IX61F1JA9829E4WW
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • Options
    Fuck yeah, these are awesome, any more??
    Lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers he decides to dream. Dream up a new self. For himself.

Montreal 2000
    Toronto 2003
    Montreal 2003
    Halifax 2005
    Hartford 2006
  • Options
    thanks for the link. that was pretty sweet to see again...PJ come back!!!