Options

Pearl Jam dreams

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    wishlisa76 wrote:
    I dreamt about Pearl Jam again! In my dream, they were about to play a show on my local pizzeria. :o:lol:

I came in there, and on the small stage was Eddie and Boom, sitting on chairs and Eddie had an acoustic guitar. I looked at Boom and he looked at me and smiled, then I turned my gaze at Eddie and he looked at me and smiled and I smiled back at them and I was so very happy. People didn´t know that PJ was on the restaurant to play, so it wasn´t too many people there and I had a wonderful opportunity .... to enjoy a private PJ concert first row, right in front of Eddie, while having pizza. :shock: :shock:

:lol:

I woke up happy.

:lol::lol::lol::D

:D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Recently, I dreamed I was at an Ed solo concert, seated pretty close to the front of the venue. It was a very small room, that almost looked like a classroom. After a few songs, I got up to use the rest room. When I returned, my husband informed me that I had missed my favorite song, "Thumbing My Way"!! :shock: In the dream, I was kind of upset, but just figured I would sit down and enjoy the rest of the concert, and decided that I would love anything else Ed decided to play. :D

Note: I have had several PJ/EV dreams and in every single one, I am at either a PJ or Ed solo concert. I have never dreamed of PJ or EV outside of a concert setting, which I find interesting.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    MiiikeMiiike Posts: 436
    Recently, I dreamed I was at an Ed solo concert, seated pretty close to the front of the venue. It was a very small room, that almost looked like a classroom. After a few songs, I got up to use the rest room. When I returned, my husband informed me that I had missed my favorite song, "Thumbing My Way"!! :shock: In the dream, I was kind of upset, but just figured I would sit down and enjoy the rest of the concert, and decided that I would love anything else Ed decided to play. :D

Note: I have had several PJ/EV dreams and in every single one, I am at either a PJ or Ed solo concert. I have never dreamed of PJ or EV outside of a concert setting, which I find interesting.

That's a lovely simple PJ dream! And yes I think it's VERY interesting you only dream about them in a concert setting . . . maybe deep down, you engage with them purely through the music, as performers, and you don't actually impregnate them with all of your own fears and desires? Like lots of us do ;) Which is very cool, very pure.

Yah I'm well aware that I attach meaning to PJ that isn't necessarily there, i.e. I use PJ as a substitute for positive male role models, and as a vehicle for infatuation, but at the moment that's kinda working for me, so I think I'll stick with it!

Given I posted on this thread just before bed, I thought I would have a lovely sex dream last night, or a nice one where I'm at a small concert, or one I've had where I keep bumping into Mike and taking his hand and asking him 'do you know how much I love you?' and he says 'yes I think so' and smiles (I loved that dream!) but NO, last night I dreamt that the band broke up! And I was like 'But, but, but, what about what Eddie said at PJ20? About turning the record over?' Waaaaaaaaa! But you know what? I don't think I even properly believed it in the dream. There is not a single per cent of me that thinks PJ would break up. Of all my fears related to PJ (i.e. something bad happening to one of them, or EV turning out to be a David Duchovny-esque sex addict) the band breaking up just isn't one of them. God my dreams are such rubbish most of the time. Just my brain working through garbage!

Next time I want Wishlisa's make-out dream! ;)

Although, when you have PJ 'nightmares', it's always so nice waking up and realising that it was just a dream, and that they're still your heroes, and they're still together. And you have absolutely nothing to worry about :D
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    I never got the make out stuff, But I did dream that I was given the opportunity to sing with Ed at the Bridge.And it was like seeing it all from their point of view. I walked onto the stage and was absolutely taken back by volume of people that filled Shoreline.It was unbelievable.I literally had butterflies in my stomach. All I could say was,"You've got to be kidding me" "This is fucking Awesome!" " All these people!" "AAAwesome". And then I woke up before I even knew what song we were gonna sing together. Never got the chance, But I felt it. Butterflies and all. 8-)
  • Options
    wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    donnaruhl wrote:
    I never got the make out stuff, But I did dream that I was given the opportunity to sing with Ed at the Bridge.And it was like seeing it all from their point of view. I walked onto the stage and was absolutely taken back by volume of people that filled Shoreline.It was unbelievable.I literally had butterflies in my stomach. All I could say was,"You've got to be kidding me" "This is fucking Awesome!" " All these people!" "AAAwesome". And then I woke up before I even knew what song we were gonna sing together. Never got the chance, But I felt it. Butterflies and all. 8-)

:D Nice!!

A while ago, I had a romantic dream about Stone! :shock: And the whole next day, I was like, "Oh Stone, oh ..... sweet Stone" :lol::lol::lol:8-)
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • Options
    donnaruhl wrote:

8-)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    wishlisa76 wrote:
    donnaruhl wrote:

:D Nice!!

A while ago, I had a romantic dream about Stone! :shock: And the whole next day, I was like, "Oh Stone, oh ..... sweet Stone" :lol::lol::lol:8-)

Lovely dream Donnaruhl!

And Wishlisa you're too fucking funny :lol::lol::lol: I love it when that happens!
  • Options
    I "saw" them last night playing in a small basketball court. I was sitting at the side of the stage. I remember I had a big smile on my face the entire time. :D Somehow, I was able to take pictures of the whole band (sometimes only Matt and his BS era drumkit :think: ) from the top. Then the arena started to empty and a 1995 Ed (green trousers) came before our side and let us take a few pictures of him smiling and standing proud (like an emperor's statue). I remember they played one song called "Something" (maybe a new song? :o:lol: ) but it might be the renowned "Sometimes". However, I'm very certain that the rhythm was different than "Sometimes". It reminded me more of "Thunderclap/Foldback/Harmony". Anyway, I do remember they played "Do The Evolution". At some point, I climbed down from my seat and landed next to Jeff. I asked him if I could take a picture with him and he said "yes". He smiled to me and told me to meet him backstage. Stone was standing behind him, but when I approached him it turned out he was an ugly middle-aged lady. :shock: :lol::lol:
  • Options
    I remember before SVT came out i had this dream a couple months prior that i was in the practice rooms with them pretty surreal but i thought wooo im sat watching these guys go about their sessions was only a short dream but it stuck right in there and low and behold SVT is announced sometime later and when i watched it it all seemed abit too familiar. Seriously blow me away when i saw SVT tho.
    If i was ever the problem, i'd certainly never admit it...
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,834
    Had a dream earlier this week that I was listening for the first time to the new, unreleased album. There were lyrics and fully fleshed out songs over the course of several 10-15 second sound bites. They were all there in my dream and then gone when I tried to recall them the next morning :fp:
  • Options
    I don't know if I've ever had a Pearl Jam related dream until last night. I was having a family reunion at my house, but there was something wrong with the house, and the electrician that showed up was Mike McCready. He told me he just does this on the side for fun. We talked some, and eventually decided to jam sometime (I play bass in real life).

weird.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    How odd is it that MondAy night I dreamt my family
    was on this bad ass vacation, and they were supposed
    to drop me off at a PJ show while we were in some
    town. I never knew where we were in the dream, just
    that we were on vacation. So we get to this show, and
    for some reason, in this part of the dream I'm drunk as
    hell! They let me out, tell me have fun, and drive away.
    I am frantically hunting for my ticket in this massive bag,
    Staring longingly at the 10c line; knowing I should be in it!
    But I can't find my ticket!! Then suddenly I remember, I
    never bought one! I woke up to the Wrigley announcement
    And jumped straight into the lottery bucket! THAT
    Dream will NOT be coming true... But how freaky was the
    Timing eh????
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    I don't know if I've ever had a Pearl Jam related dream until last night. I was having a family reunion at my house, but there was something wrong with the house, and the electrician that showed up was Mike McCready. He told me he just does this on the side for fun. We talked some, and eventually decided to jam sometime (I play bass in real life).

weird.

:lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    How odd is it that MondAy night I dreamt my family
    was on this bad ass vacation, and they were supposed
    to drop me off at a PJ show while we were in some
    town. I never knew where we were in the dream, just
    that we were on vacation. So we get to this show, and
    for some reason, in this part of the dream I'm drunk as
    hell! They let me out, tell me have fun, and drive away.
    I am frantically hunting for my ticket in this massive bag,
    Staring longingly at the 10c line; knowing I should be in it!
    But I can't find my ticket!! Then suddenly I remember, I
    never bought one! I woke up to the Wrigley announcement
    And jumped straight into the lottery bucket! THAT
    Dream will NOT be coming true... But how freaky was the
    Timing eh????

WH you make me laugh! I love the 'bad ass' vacation, and the fact that you were totally drunk in a dream!
    And is it freaky timing? Or just a PJ fanatic's intuition?

I had a PJ dream the other night that totally rocked my shit. I was hanging with Mike and Eddie for a WHOLE DAY. And it was as if Pearl Jam was a brand new band, and I was their first ever fan, they were so interested in my fandom! Like they were willing to listen to me gasbag on about how incredible Pearl Jam is and how it's so amazing to be in love with their band etc etc etc.

Just repeating was I was saying in the dream is boring me as I type this . . . but they seemed into it for some reason!

And although there was no insanely hot threesome with my two heroes (eeek, that's too much awesomeness for me to even comprehend), I did get to sit next to Eddie on the couch which was pretty hot! ;) And beautiful Mikey gave me LOTS and lots of hugs which were SO NICE and made me purr like a cat!

Which made me realise, if I ever meet Mike (again, I did once a long time ago), I'm SO going to be one of those people that asks for a photo! It's not really my style, and I have no need or desire for a photo of Mike and me, but the excuse to touch him would be just too good!!! I might even get an arm around him! ARRGH! YUM! I wonder how he'd feel about two arms, and a kiss on the cheek? YES. YES. THAT IS TOTALLY APPROPRIATE AND IS HAPPENING TO ME ONE DAY! I can already feel it! :D:D:D
  • Options
    this has got to be one of the most enjoyable threads to read! makes me feel I'm not the only one psycho here. People see dreams or nightmares about Pearl Jam regardless sex, age and status (married-single...) etc...At first I thought it would be just women seeing the band members in intimate scenes but these are like ordinary snapshots of a typical pj concert...
    And the weird thing is that every once in a while that I visit it, I end up seeing alike dreams. Makes this 6-8 h. sleep session the best part of the day...
    The other day I saw Stone. I was in a room with many people, Stone among them but I only knew 1 or 2 and of course Stone but he didn't know me, just my friend. I was waiting for someone who would come but it was too late to wait and I wanted to rest my head a bit. I actually remember that even in my dream I had to take the courage first and ask Stone if I could sit next to him. He replied "yes, you may" and smiled. I woke up and talked to myself, like beforehand mentioned, too, "oh stone..."
    (#psycho maybe, yes!)
  • Options
    With all this talk about the big announcement today, i just had a dream about PJ. I was watching the Simpsons on tv early in the morning and during one of the commercials they said they would play a new Pearl Jam song after the show. So i waited of course. Then they said the name and showed it on tv. The name of the song was "Voltage Venom". I thought ok, pretty cool title. Unfortunately the song I thought was very bad. Sounded like "Gremmie Out Of Control" but way way worse. :lol: I said wow this is real bad, then i had to get ready for school or something.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    With all this talk about the big announcement today, i just had a dream about PJ. I was watching the Simpsons on tv early in the morning and during one of the commercials they said they would play a new Pearl Jam song after the show. So i waited of course. Then they said the name and showed it on tv. The name of the song was "Voltage Venom". I thought ok, pretty cool title. Unfortunately the song I thought was very bad. Sounded like "Gremmie Out Of Control" but way way worse. :lol: I said wow this is real bad, then i had to get ready for school or something.

at least it wasn't OLE! :roll:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    8bitj8bitj Posts: 98
    weird that this thread is here now. i seldom remember my dreams, but last night i had a dream that my brother got 3rd row tickets to the london, ontario show. we were in section 3, row c, seats 1 and 2, so right in front of stone. i was freaking the fuck out :D
  • Options
    I was in school in music class. I wasn't really paying attention to the teacher or anyhting and there were other PJ fans in the classroom. The teacher asked me a question or something like who sang this, then he started singing a Pearl Jam song. I was pretty stunned I recognized the song but couldn't remember what the name was :oops: Then i said it was the song before Release on the Ten album and said either Garden or Porch. The other kids in the class said and you call yourself a Pearl Jam fan :oops: :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Saw them tonight! :D They were playing a crowded open-air arena (like Chile :) ) and I was standing in the middle of the first 10 rows on my brother's shoulders (must have been around 10), watching them playing In My tree. Funny thing is that while Ed, Stone and Jeff looked as they are today (in their '50s), Matt was looked as he used to back in 2000 (also sitting on the drums that he sat in 2000). Now strange thing is that, Mike (a 1995 Mike with black Converse shoes and ripped jeans) was sitting on a thing which resembled a drum kit with tribal cymbals playing along Matt. The drum kit was located inside a cubicle at the usual Mike's spot on stage. Then, my eyes fixed back on Matt and I saw basket balls bouncing up and down on the skins of his drums. Apparently someone (Ed or his drum technician) was throwing them behind his back during the song. The rhythm of the bouncing balls seemed to fit with the intro of In My Tree. :mrgreen: Suddenly, the alarm clock rang... :)
  • Options
    Tonight, I dreamt that Pearl Jam had released in their shop Playmobile like figurines of themselves. :P Now, how cool would that have been?...
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    My hubby had a PJ dream last night! :shock: We were at a PJ concert, and it hadn't yet started. Hubby went up to the balcony to check out our seats, leaving me downstairs to check out the merch. ;) (typical!) When he got up to the seats, he saw Eddie sitting there! :shock: He went over, shook his hand, and told him that his wife is a big fan of PJ's music. He then told him that he wasn't! He said that Eddie looked disappointed, and then hubby told him he does like EV's acoustic music. He said Ed didn't respond at all to that. Then hubby went back downstairs and told me what happened. He said I was quite upset, at having missed it all. (understandably!) Then we went back up to the seats, but by then, Ed was gone. :(

As far as I know, hubby has never had a PJ dream before. Maybe in his next dream, I'll get a chance to meet Eddie! ;)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Last night, I dreamt of being in a university amphitheater but instead of attending a lecture I was attending a Pearl Jam concert. In front of me there was a laptop and besides I was really close to the "stage", I could focus on each member independently. I remember I was watching Jeff full screen doing his thing. At some point, Eddie came at the side of the "stage" and asked me to give him what I was holding in my arms (a yellow Ten Club envelope with bubbles inside :o ). I stretched my right hand and gave it to him. He signed it. Something along the lines of "All the best" or "Best wishes" and underneath it his full name (Eddie Vedder). He handed it back to me, but he kept my pen (a cheap BIC medium :) ). When he returned at the center of the "stage" (his usual spot), he threw it back to me in a way resembles that of a bride throwing away a bouquet of flowers (you know, without looking, her back turned to the crowd and the bouquet really high before landed in some girl's arms). As you expect, the pen landed directly to my arms. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    I always have really bizarre dreams and I dreamt about Eddie last night.

I dreamt that it was late at night and when I was getting out of my car in the pitch black I could see Eddie standing by the street in front of my house. Because it was so dark, I caught glimpses of Eddie's profile and he kept on running his hands through his hair, so I was certain it was him. I was thinking that it would be great to go and meet him, but I didn't want to bother him so I tried to catch glimpses of him instead as I walked to my door. But when I was trying to look at Eddie, I noticed that there was a tall and creepy looking guy wearing sunglasses, who was standing in the bushes and watching me and he was holding a boom mic out to record what I was saying. My creepy "stalker" had made an appearance in one of my dreams a few weeks ago.

I haven't even listened to Lukin for a while, I swear! :lol:
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    -Emma- wrote:

I dreamt that it was late at night and when I was getting out of my car in the pitch black I could see Eddie standing by the street in front of my house. Because it was so dark, I caught glimpses of Eddie's profile and he kept on running his hands through his hair, so I was certain it was him. I was thinking that it would be great to go and meet him, but I didn't want to bother him so I tried to catch glimpses of him instead as I walked to my door. But when I was trying to look at Eddie, I noticed that there was a tall and creepy looking guy wearing sunglasses, who was standing in the bushes and watching me and he was holding a boom mic out to record what I was saying. My creepy "stalker" had made an appearance in one of my dreams a few weeks ago.

Emma!!!! I wonder what the f***k that means. WEIRD. Maybe you're concerned about being watched, overheard, or someone invading your privacy?? Is there anyone at work that gets all in your business when they shouldn't? Or a fella that fancies you in a sleazoid way? We want creepy stalker gone!!! So your Eddie dreams can end in hours of making-out. ;)

I've had bugger-all PJ dreams recently, which kinda sucks. Although, I was worrying about something the other day, and as I was falling off to sleep I heard a faraway voice saying 'I need to talk to Eddie about this', which I thought was funny. Even my subconscious is dependent on the idea of him, so much so that it talks to him in my dreams. Totally tragic of course, but kinda sweet! It's like I HONESTLY believe he can solve all my problems. Aaaah, the delusions of a fan. So silly! Yet so comforting. :)
  • Options
    Elmo wrote:
    -Emma- wrote:

Emma!!!! I wonder what the f***k that means. WEIRD. Maybe you're concerned about being watched, overheard, or someone invading your privacy?? Is there anyone at work that gets all in your business when they shouldn't? Or a fella that fancies you in a sleazoid way? We want creepy stalker gone!!! So your Eddie dreams can end in hours of making-out. ;)

I've had bugger-all PJ dreams recently, which kinda sucks. Although, I was worrying about something the other day, and as I was falling off to sleep I heard a faraway voice saying 'I need to talk to Eddie about this', which I thought was funny. Even my subconscious is dependent on the idea of him, so much so that it talks to him in my dreams. Totally tragic of course, but kinda sweet! It's like I HONESTLY believe he can solve all my problems. Aaaah, the delusions of a fan. So silly! Yet so comforting. :)

Thanks Elmo, my dreams are always wacky :lol: . I love that you heard a faraway voice about needing to talk to Eddie, that is funny and sweet :) .

When I recently dreamt about the stalker character, he was standing in my front yard and kept on turning up, and every time he did I opened the door and swore like crazy at him, telling him to f**k off. I'm not a swearer, but I was in my dream :lol: .

I actually did run into a person who I absolutely despise and have zero trust in, just a few days ago after not having seen them for a long while. Maybe that is one reason why I had such a weird dream, plus I probably spend too much time watching true crime shows on tv!
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

• Options
    Heard the new song. Beginning pretty much sounded just like it did in the video clip for the tour. Then it started sounding exactly like NIN's "Closer" :? Also I remember Mike was playing a kazoo in it and Ed was playing the uke :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Last night i had a dream where i was with WMMR and they were gonna interview the band and I actually got to ask a question for them. I asked them who was gonna open up for them on tour. They started talking, don't remember exactly what about, but were kinda avoiding the question. Afterwards i played back the interview and during it you could hear some music being palyed. I figured this must be who is opening up for them. Unfortunately I didn't recognize the music, so I did some research and found out who it was. It was Puscifer :o:lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Ed made an brief appearance in my dream last night. I was waiting with other PJ fans in the hope of meeting Ed, and I saw a fan waving their ukulele at Eddie, wanting an autograph, so I think Ed autographed their ukulele.

I would actually love to get an autograph on my little electric uke...

• Options
    Last night I dreamed that I was at a venue in Edinburgh, Scotland, waiting to see PJ. As I was waiting, I told my husband that our seats were better than I thought they would be, and we definitely could see the stage very well. Before all the guys came out on stage, EV came out alone, and I noticed there was a swing hanging from the ceiling. I saw him helping a little boy to come down from an upper part of the stage, and then EV began pushing the child on the swing! I'm not sure what this all meant, but I'm glad they were playing in Scotland! :lol:
    "A beacon on dry land"