Options

Pearl Jam dreams

Comments

• Options
    DOWNerDOWNer Posts: 60
    I had a dream last night that I came across a copy of Ten on vinyl with the band's autographs on the record and the sleeve. I was pissed because it was marked as $7 and the clerk was charging me $20. Still a heck of a deal!
    <a href="http://www.artsymcgee.com/"&gt;
    artsymcgee.com</a>
  • Options
    I had a dream a couple nights ago that I was at a basketball game and during the break (do they even have a break during basketball games??) Ed was sitting in the stands singing. I couldn't make out what he was singing, but it sounded like a new song. He was using an Iphone to read the lyrics! :lol: He would stop every now and then and tell everyone he couldn't quite read the lyrics. (perhaps needed some reading glasses?) My husband turned to me and said, "He really shouldn't be reading the lyrics from an Iphone"! I actually woke up laughing! :lol:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    He was using an Iphone to read the lyrics!

That part of your dream reminded me of this video: http://deadspin.com/5912116/eddie-vedder-chris-chelios-and-kerry-wood-hung-out-to-sing-karaoke-on-sunday
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    What in the HELL are you people thinking of laying in bed trying to doze off?!

It's called COUNTING SHEEP...ever heard of it?!
  • Options
    Yesterday night, I visited this thread after a long time and I saw a little PJ related dream. :D I vividly remember that somewhere I read an announcement saying: "Beehive festival 2013 in Athens, Greece will be headlined by Pearl Jam". And then I thought: Wow!... Pearl Jam will be in my country next year!... :D I hope my dream comes true.

P.S: There isn't such a festival in Athens or anywhere else in Greece. I don't know if there's a music festival called Beehive in another country, but I believe I came up with a pretty cool name for a festival. Huh?... What do you think? :)

Edit: I just found on Google that there's a Beehive Fireworks Festival in Taiwan. :lol: I swear that I'd never heard of this before.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Long dream last night, but i'll just skip to the Pearl Jam part (the other parts were kinda weird, even for more me :lol: ) Anywho I was in the car with one of my cats. Somehow how the new Pearl Jam album got out and I think i dreamt it (like a dream within a dream thing). I was trying to remember the tracklistings and they were being shown on the window . I was writing them down on my GPS unit which was a pain cuz everytime i wrote them down i would spell it wrong or something. Also my cat was getting on my nerves by coming up to me and rubbing herself on me while i was writing them down before i forgot. Willow, my one cat i kept on pushing her out of the way so i could write down the songs. Also the car was driving by itself :? Evantually i thought "Why don't i just use my phone to write them down. I started to and then i woke up. Weird part I remembered some of the titles, granted they were weird titles though. "Pull, Pull, Push, Hehe","Fixitfurniture" or something along those lines. Also the next single or the album title had "Starting" or "Standing" as the first word. Oh yeah also "Ole" was on there so i new it was real. ;):lol:

LMAO. Have to say "Pull Pull Push" is not so bad a song title. ;)
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    I had a Pearl Jam dream again tonight! :D I was in a dark warehouse and I saw the new PJ t-shirts. Nothing special. I was totally disappointed. Just white t-shirts with grey symbols and black letters on them and black t-shirts with red letters on them. The only thing that I remember is that the shirts read something along the lines of In Hiding & Proud Of It.
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Can't exactly remember how it started but I think PJ were going to play a little gig in a log cabin with some open windows with the ocean as a backdrop. They weren't set up to play yet, I was with a few friends and I grabbed a few sticks of incense from one of them and walked down to the beach. I walked past a car, sat down looking out at the water and noticed Eddie was sitting in it. I turned to him, saw that he lit a cigarette, held up the incense and asked him if he had a light. I walked over to him and he said the shirt I was wearing should be framed. (It was the shirt I was wearing when I met him in 2000). I said to him, "I met the lead singer of this band while wearing this shirt." [I got woken up by something and nothing else happened there] Later on I was walking back to the cabin with a guitar cord, placed it on a chair across from all the couches where the band was sitting tuning up and a few other fans trying to cozy up. My friend was on the end with his guitar, someone sat on his cord and broke it. I went and got my cord and plugged it in for him. The whole time from when I walked into the place until I woke up they were playing Seek and Destroy by Metallica. [Got woken up again]
  • Options
    Tonight I saw Jeff! :D During a concert, he jumped off the stage with a big smile on his face and came directly in front of me (I was at Stone's side) :mrgreen: . Then, he knelt before me having waited for me to bent down and asked me in whispers (still with that big smile on his face): Is everything OK until now? I couldn't be more happy - I remember I was smiling during my sleep - and having looked at him with a big smile on my face too, I replied to him: This is a great concert so far! Thank you very much! He turned around and ran towards the stage still laughing. Afterwards, I woke up...
  • Options
    wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    A couple of months ago I dreamt that Eddie Vedder worked as a part time dentist, as a side job from being a rock star. He was really grumpy in my dream, as it was hard for him keeping up both jobs separately. The next morning he had to get up like six o´clock in order to start his dentist job. He went to sleep on a orange coloured couch and I tried to talk to him and solve this situation. Everything felt so very real, it was one of those dreams that felt like it was really happening. :lol::lol::lol:

Dentist dr Eddie Vedder :lol::lol:

:shock:
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • Options
    wishlisa76 wrote:
    an orange coloured couch

Orange eh? :shock: :lol:http://rndmband.com/
  • Options
    Last night I had a very funny PJ dream. In the dream, I was seeing them in concert, as I always seem to be doing in my dreams. :D The concert opened with Oceans ( probably because when I went to bed I knew they had opened with Oceans at DeLuna). They looked as they look today. Then after about three songs, Ed left the stage, and returned looking as he looked in the early 90's, only he was wearing a red dress and heels!! :shock: :lol: He started singing a song I had never heard, and as he was walking around, he was tripping over the heels. My husband leaned over and said to me, "He's drunk". I said "No, it's just hard for him to get used to the heels"! :lol:

What a crazy dream-don't know where that came from!! :lol:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    U_it'sUUUU_it'sUUU Posts: 75
    edited September 2012
    Now this is weird! I was reading through "The Porch"'s titles to find the relevant one for sth else (if any...) but instead I came across this one, and I laughed my heart out cause today I woke up so happy that I was laughing with myself! As I see now, this has happened to A LOT of people, too! :lol:
    So this is my first PJ dream :lol: I was attending Athens GR 2006 (which in reality I didn't) and I was so pissed off with the arrogant non casual Pearl Jam fans in front who left the stadium after the first encore and the ground was almost empty, but this eventually permitted me to go front scene. Me and my friends were so sad to see such a behaviour and started talking about how rude this was and how they won't come visit this country again. And just after some minutes, the band came back, and they were surprised to see it empty and then started laughing with themselves. Then Stone and Ed were figuring out what to do with the rest of us. So they said, let's play some more for you the faithful ones, and they did an acoustic long hour set. The picture I have of this was this: people fill the first 2-3 rows along the scene and the band playing all the rarities. I was in Mike's side which is also peculiar because in an empty front row place, I would definitely be by Stone's side. Then Ed climbed down the stage to thank us all, and shook hands one by one and when it was my turn he asked my name. I replied and then he said "Nice to meet you. Eddie."
    After this, in my dream, I had the "thought I died and gone to heaven" feeling. So I just...woke up.
    Honestly now...I never thought I could share my pearl jam dream with anyone on this planet! So happy to be able to!
    Post edited by U_it'sUUU on
  • Options
    U_it'sUUU wrote:
    Then Stone and Ed were figuring out what to do with the rest of us. So they said, let's play some more for you the faithful ones, and they did an acoustic long hour set. The picture I have of this was this: people fill the first 2-3 rows along the scene and the band playing all the rarities.

:mrgreen: That's exactly the kind of love Greece deserved and received. Are you from Greece, right?
  • Options
    [/quote]

:mrgreen: That's exactly the kind of love Greece deserved and received. Are you from Greece, right?[/quote]

Yes, and I guess we live close by ;)
  • Options
    Alright i have to share this....Late last year i decided it was best i take a 28 day vacation. So on this vacation you were lucky if you had your own room, i was not lucky and had a roommate.

So one night i start having this dream where i am in this arena and a lot is going on details are foggy but then it happens. Music starts its Philip glasses metamorphosis 2.....holy shit i am at a pearl jam concert!! If you ever felt MSG shake that starts...boy i am stoked then i hear this "Ed.....Eddie....Ed" Oh man its about to start they are calling eddie to the stage. i am so pumped ...i remember thinking its coming though the PA system cool...then i start waking up to realize that someone is in my door trying to wake my roommate up who happened to be named Ed to buy some smokes before his bus ride home.....

Bummer he woke me from a PJ dream but what a trip how it tied right into it.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    i did have a PJ dream last night. I just remembered they were suppose to be playing in a library or something :lol: There were only a handful of people there and we were waiting for them to come and play, didn't happen though
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    U_it'sUUU wrote:
    Yes, and I guess we live close by ;)

Really? :D Where do you live? In Thessaloniki?
  • Options
    I saw THE band again! :D They were playing in a small open-air venue in Italy ( :o not Greece?!). It was pouring with rain all the time. I was front row, between Eddie and Stone. Stone invited me to climb on the stage and I was laughing and taking pictures mainly with Mike and Stone during the song (I don't remember which one... :x ). However, I do remember they played Life Wasted, Why Go and Given To Fly.
  • Options
    I saw all the members of the band, this time sitting on chairs and playing an acoustic show. They were playing in a theater and the floor was wooden (the kind of wood that reminds you of an acoustic guitar). For one moment, I could see Eddie in his usual position (front) singing Skipping and Dancing Barefoot, but most of the time I was seeing Stone as the frontman (even if he wasn't singing). He only sang one song and that was Little One. :D
  • Options
    Pap wrote:
    I saw all the members of the band, this time sitting on chairs and playing an acoustic show. They were playing in a theater and the floor was wooden (the kind of wood that reminds you of an acoustic guitar). For one moment, I could see Eddie in his usual position (front) singing Skipping and Dancing Barefoot, but most of the time I was seeing Stone as the frontman (even if he wasn't singing). He only sang one song and that was Little One. :D
    I think that the longest you listen to bootlegs the furthest you go on dreaming about them. Speaking from my own experience, after listening to recently arrived bootlegs, i saw them in my dream last night too (second time). Ed looking for someone in the crowd who had a song request to dedicate it to him, while at the same time a lot of other activities took place in the venue (outdoors stadium 100m from my house). And I ask: if this is just a dream , why just can't somebody from them 5, dedicate a song to me and search for me? I'm always in front row, in front of Stone-Ed. Thank you!
    (Cheers .Serres Dreamer :wink: )
  • Options
    U_it'sUUU wrote:
    I think that the longest you listen to bootlegs the furthest you go on dreaming about them.

^ This and many other reasons. For instance, lately I'm into the PJ20 book again, all the Jeff Ament's side projects (Three Fish, solo, Tres Mts. and RNDM) and also the Dan Deluca's book The Old Leather Man. So, you can imagine... :) Needless to say that I have been listening to Pearl Jam every single day since 1998. :D Cheers Giota! :wave:
  • Options
    Maybe it's because I get to see Ed tonight in Phoenix but I had a very crazy and vivid PJ dream this morning. I was supposed to fill in for Mike at a club show and spent 90% of the dream struggling to set up my gear. None of the foot pedals fit together and I couldn't find my guitar (I'm a lefty so I couldn't borrow one).

I finally found Ed and asked for help and he was no use at all. He basically told me to figure it out. Man I was stressing. As we were just about to go on my kid started yelling and woke me up.
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    Pap wrote:
    U_it'sUUU wrote:
    I think that the longest you listen to bootlegs the furthest you go on dreaming about them.

^ This and many other reasons. For instance, lately I'm into the PJ20 book again, all the Jeff Ament's side projects (Three Fish, solo, Tres Mts. and RNDM) and also the Dan Deluca's book The Old Leather Man. So, you can imagine... :) Needless to say that I have been listening to Pearl Jam every single day since 1998. :D Cheers Giota! :wave:

Then you currently just dream in... orange! i go to sleep now, good night! :yawn:
  • Options
    As we were just about to go on my kid started yelling and woke me up.

:fp: :lol:

U_it'sUUU wrote:
    Then you currently just dream in... orange!

;) :P
  • Options
    I dreamt about Pearl Jam again! In my dream, they were about to play a show on my local pizzeria. :o:lol:

I came in there, and on the small stage was Eddie and Boom, sitting on chairs and Eddie had an acoustic guitar. I looked at Boom and he looked at me and smiled, then I turned my gaze at Eddie and he looked at me and smiled and I smiled back at them and I was so very happy. People didn´t know that PJ was on the restaurant to play, so it wasn´t too many people there and I had a wonderful opportunity .... to enjoy a private PJ concert first row, right in front of Eddie, while having pizza. :shock: :shock:

:lol:

I woke up happy.

:lol::lol::lol::D

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • Options
    MiiikeMiiike Posts: 436
    wishlisa76 wrote:
    I dreamt about Pearl Jam again! In my dream, they were about to play a show on my local pizzeria. :o:lol:

I came in there, and on the small stage was Eddie and Boom, sitting on chairs and Eddie had an acoustic guitar. I looked at Boom and he looked at me and smiled, then I turned my gaze at Eddie and he looked at me and smiled and I smiled back at them and I was so very happy. People didn´t know that PJ was on the restaurant to play, so it wasn´t too many people there and I had a wonderful opportunity .... to enjoy a private PJ concert first row, right in front of Eddie, while having pizza. :shock: :shock:

I woke up happy.

Wishlisa I have those dreams ALL THE TIME! The small/intimate show where you're right up the front . . . it's obviously one of the most basic desires of a PJ fan, who wouldn't give their right arm for a gig like that? And aren't dreams all about our basic desires and fears? I've had another weird PJ dream a couple of times . . . I meet Eddie and he's a total sleazebag. He feeds me some crap about remembering me from a concert to try and get me into bed, and I just know that he does it to loads of chicks and he's gross. Which just goes to show that I'm fearful EV might not be who I think he is . . . and that his integrity as a man is stupidly important to me! Other than that I just have the odd sex dream if I'm lucky ;)
  • Options
    MsNelly wrote:
    wishlisa76 wrote:

I woke up happy.

Wishlisa I have those dreams ALL THE TIME! The small/intimate show where you're right up the front . . . it's obviously one of the most basic desires of a PJ fan, who wouldn't give their right arm for a gig like that? And aren't dreams all about our basic desires and fears? I've had another weird PJ dream a couple of times . . . I meet Eddie and he's a total sleazebag. He feeds me some crap about remembering me from a concert to try and get me into bed, and I just know that he does it to loads of chicks and he's gross. Which just goes to show that I'm fearful EV might not be who I think he is . . . and that his integrity as a man is stupidly important to me! Other than that I just have the odd sex dream if I'm lucky ;)

:shock: :lol::lol:

Yeah one time I dreamt that I made out with Eddie! And he looked EXACTLY like this in my dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHCVZWTHtRU

I was so angry when I woke up and realized it was a dream. :lol: God, I hope I´ll have a dream like that soon. :fp:

• Options
    LexyLexy Posts: 46
    I had a dream a while ago that, I don't know how we ended up there, but I was walking through this field with my family & Eddie was there too and me & him were walking ahead & talking about stuff. I can't really remember much of what we said but I do remember he kept quoting Pearl Jam lyrics and then we'd both laugh like it was a little private joke or something. When we reached the edge of this field, we came to this little road with a petrol station on the other side and as we stepped out on to the road, he said something along the lines of 'better give your sister a go before she gets too jealous' and then gave me a sort of knowing smile, before turning round and lifting her up on his shoulder and beginning to walk down the road. He told me to walk alongside him as he carried her and began to explain something about
    surfing to me, then he picked me up too and said 'Your sister's the wave... And you're the surf board...' And then he like threw both of us up and caught us again, then began to explain something else surfing-related, but halfway through he stopped and put us down, explaining that his back hurt and he was really sorry. I said it was okay, but he wouldn't stop apologising for a good few minutes until I finally reassured him that it was absolutely fine. He then texted his wife, telling her what surf moves he was gonna teach us when his back felt better (he read out loud what he was putting) and then he asked us to help him get some things out of his car, which was in the petrol station. We all helped out, taking out camping chairs and other odd items and he chatted to us all as we did so & smiled and thanked us all when we'd finished. He was about to say something else when my alarm went off for school (bummer!), so I never did get to learn those other surfing moves, but it was a really nice dream, if a little bizarre, and put me in a good mood all day! :D
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,772
    Lexy wrote:
    I had a dream a while ago that, I don't know how we ended up there, but I was walking through this field with my family & Eddie was there too and me & him were walking ahead & talking about stuff. I can't really remember much of what we said but I do remember he kept quoting Pearl Jam lyrics and then we'd both laugh like it was a little private joke or something. When we reached the edge of this field, we came to this little road with a petrol station on the other side and as we stepped out on to the road, he said something along the lines of 'better give your sister a go before she gets too jealous' and then gave me a sort of knowing smile, before turning round and lifting her up on his shoulder and beginning to walk down the road. He told me to walk alongside him as he carried her and began to explain something about
    surfing to me, then he picked me up too and said 'Your sister's the wave... And you're the surf board...' And then he like threw both of us up and caught us again, then began to explain something else surfing-related, but halfway through he stopped and put us down, explaining that his back hurt and he was really sorry. I said it was okay, but he wouldn't stop apologising for a good few minutes until I finally reassured him that it was absolutely fine. He then texted his wife, telling her what surf moves he was gonna teach us when his back felt better (he read out loud what he was putting) and then he asked us to help him get some things out of his car, which was in the petrol station. We all helped out, taking out camping chairs and other odd items and he chatted to us all as we did so & smiled and thanked us all when we'd finished. He was about to say something else when my alarm went off for school (bummer!), so I never did get to learn those other surfing moves, but it was a really nice dream, if a little bizarre, and put me in a good mood all day! :D

Love this one! :lol:
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden