2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    I wish NFL fans would stfu. At least they have a game to watch. :(
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    norm wrote:
    bettman is still numero uno on the worst commissioners list but goodell just moved to a solid 2! :lol:

:lol::lol: ... this is one of those lists that has a worst but no best list ... haha ...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Red Wings' Danny Cleary: NHL lockout could last a year or more

http://www.freep.com/article/20120924/S ... t|Sports|p
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • I went to the pub last night, and you know what was missing? Pre-season hockey. It's a noticeable absence.
    I went to the pub last night, and you know what was missing? Pre-season hockey. It's a noticeable absence.

A few weeks ago on the news they interviewed a pub owner in Montreal and his business was down like 40% in the last lockout.

As long as there playing by the playoffs is all that matters to me...I hardly watch regular season hockey and being in southern ontario the shitty team from Toronto is forced on is most Saturday nights...when the Wings are on I usually catch that...but for the most part I just watch playoff hockey.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    This has got to be a joke, right?
    http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/ ... ethru.html

Edmonton can't lose their hockey club...
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,119
    PJFAN13 wrote:

First we take Gretzky, now we take the team. :twisted:

I would like to think this is just a negotiating technique. I'd imagine they will also be paying a visit to Kansas City as well.
    NHL cancels entire pre-season; talks to run over weekend

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/hoc ... z27hagfAw4

• HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    Arrrggghh! This sucks so bad. Let's get this shit moving and start the season. More talks - get to the table :arrow:
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    The Winter Classic is now i n jeopardy,
    this fucking sucks.

Theres nothing like the coolest game on earth,..
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    The National Hockey League announced today the cancellation of the 2012-13 regular-season schedule through October 24. A total of 82 regular-season games were scheduled for Oct. 11 through Oct. 24.

assholes
    blame the tea party ... :)
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    The Winter Classic is now i n jeopardy,
    this fucking sucks.

Theres nothing like the coolest game on earth,..
    I'm glad I didn't plan on a Detroit trip for New Years. I'd be shitting my pants if I had a hotel booked and there was no hockey.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    norm wrote:
    The National Hockey League announced today the cancellation of the 2012-13 regular-season schedule through October 24. A total of 82 regular-season games were scheduled for Oct. 11 through Oct. 24.

assholes

What a whole bunch of assholes. Why they aren't locked in a room 24/7 to figure this out is a fucking mystery to me.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    the only upside to the lockout.......we don't have to hear the rangers fan blabbing :P :wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    81 wrote:
    the only upside to the lockout.......we don't have to hear the rangers fan blabbing :P :wave:[/quote
    :wave: :wave: :wave:
    8-)
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Jason P wrote:
    PJFAN13 wrote:

First we take Gretzky, now we take the team. :twisted:

I would like to think this is just a negotiating technique. I'd imagine they will also be paying a visit to Kansas City as well.
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/sto ... arena.html

Katz apologized for meeting with officials in Seattle last week in full-page ads in Edmonton-area newspapers that ran Saturday and then gave a radio interview on Monday where he explained that he reacted emotionally to the frustrated negotiations with the City of Edmonton.

The Oilers owner added that "there was probably a little too much [bare-knuckled Mark] Messier and not enough [graceful Wayne] Gretzky in the way that we conveyed things."

I think Katz realized he'd be run out of his hometown if he kept this up. Besides, Bettman said he wouldn't let him move the team. Not even the Count is dumb enough to let a team move from a hockey-mad city with a legendary legacy....With dollar parity, the Oil are as viable as most teams....valued in the middle of the pack. Would be a huge mistake.
    Plus, the Seattle arena group is focused almost solely on an NBA franchise.....But it would be cool to see them get a team, anyway. Give 'em the Panthers.

They better get this shit sorted before winter hibernation starts up here (mid-dec).....watching hockey every other night is the only thing that keeps us (semi) sane up here.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,119
    Besides, Bettman said he wouldn't let him move the team. Not even the Count is dumb enough to let a team move from a hockey-mad city with a legendary legacy.
    :lol: ... :think: ... :-| .... :fp:

Are we talking about Gary or some other Bettman?
    Kills me knowing our first game was meant to be this Saturday. :(
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    Our office is having a door decorating contest for Halloween. Prize is $50.00.

I win.

http://twitpic.com/b2mlgn/full

Next!"
    :x :x :x
    platessmall.jpg
    i don't see a resolution unless some owners break rank ...
  • kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    :fp:
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    total :fp: Looked at my Google calendar the other day and the Bruins regular season games are starting to show up this week - making me very sad.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
    :idea:
    for anyone interested,
    The KHL is on ESPN 2 tonight @ 8pm
    Lev VS Dynamo.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
    platessmall.jpg
    Hartydog wrote:
    total :fp: Looked at my Google calendar the other day and the Bruins regular season games are starting to show up this week - making me very sad.

Yup, I've removed it from my list of calendars as of this morning. Can't even handle it.

Next!"
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    TSN is sadly lacking for programming right now... I mean replaying old World Juniors games? Come on.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    TSN is sadly lacking for programming right now... I mean replaying old World Juniors games? Come on.

content is everything now ... consider there is TSN, TSN2, Sportsnet, SNET1 ... and that doesn't factor in the specialty channels like Golf ... they are all lacking content ...
  • kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    polaris_x wrote:

content is everything now ... consider there is TSN, TSN2, Sportsnet, SNET1 ... and that doesn't factor in the specialty channels like Golf ... they are all lacking content ...

sportsnet seems to have all the baseball playoff games, but tsn has nothing basically, they put all their money in the nhl it seems
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    With baseball playoffs/NFL going on and the OHL playing just down the street, the NHL can take their time coming back.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V