R.I.P Petey 5/26/09 - 9/24/12

1235»

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    im so sorry..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I am very sorry to hear about Petey. We are going through something similar as one of our girls, Sugar, began having seizures 5 days ago, and she has spiraled rapidly downhill. Just this morning we made the decision to put her to sleep. I share your grief and loss, and I second your suggestion...

Please play SAD in Missoula.

BS :(
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • :(

So sorry for you and your family on the loss of Petey.

Wish dogs would live as long as humans.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Sorry to hear about your loss. As the son of a veterinarian, we've had pets as long as I can remember, both growing up and now in my adult family. Our dog of 11 years died unexpectedly a couple of years ago and it tore me up. I hope y'all are on the mend and that you're home might at the right time be open again to receiving a new pooch.
  • hensodhensod Posts: 192
    So sad :(
    ISO, vinyl: Avocado, Binural, Riot Act, Lost Dogs, Benny
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Oh, no! No, no, no, no, no!! Really, really sad to hear this. Don, the messages you've written here about Petey, I'm quite certain he knew you did everything in the world you possibly could've done for him. Hearts and thoughts go out to you and your family.

To our good friend Petey... Godspeed, little buddy.
  • I'm so sorry Don. My heart aches for you guys. You did all you could & Petey could'nt have asked for more.
    What a great life you & your family gave him, how loved he was.
    Hope to meet you one day too. Many thoughts...
    Kelly
  • GB45499GB45499 Posts: 232
    I'm soooo sorry for your loss!! :cry: The loss of a pet is just as upsetting as any other loss...if not more. We spend more time with them then close friends/family. I'm always devastated when this time comes...and since my daughter loves animals we have 1 puppy, 2 cats, 2 fish and 2 guinea pigs. I never thought I would be sad when one of her fish died, but I was. I'm not a emotional guy, but even that day I was.

R.I.P. Petey!
  • So sorry for your loss. Good karma and big hugs from Argentina!
  • Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Wow Don. I don't know what to say brother...Petey looked like a great dog. I can't imagine losing one of my dogs let alone at such a young age. I was actually reading you're posts to my girl and I had a really hard time getting through them. It is obvious how much he meant to your family. Dogs are very special companions and it really is like losing part of the immediate family. I really hope the boys play Sad for Petey tonight. It would be a great tribute. Petey had a great family. Wishing you guys all the best.
    MLMF Det
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Petey is just beautiful! I'm sorry for your loss.

We too lost 2 dogs before age 5, our's congenital illnesses.
    It was fast and we were very unprepared.

Our Maggie Mae and Scout live on in love, we laugh, we cherish memories,
    we were blessed to have had them as our own,

as you are.
  • So, so sorry Don, I just found out.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • dadesdades Posts: 321
    So sorry for your loss.
    Glasgow Cathouse 1992
    Glasgow S.E.C.C. 2000
    Shepherds Bush 2009 - M.E.N 2009 - London O2 2009
    Boston 2010 - Newark 2010 - MSG1+2 2010 - Dublin 2010 - Belfast 2010
    London 2010
    Manchester 1+2 2012 EV Manchester 2012 EV London 31/7/2012
    Philly 1+2 2013 - Hartford 2013
    Berlin 2014 Leeds 2014
    Fenway 2 2016
    EV London 1+2 2017
    London 1+2 - Berlin 2018
  • So sorry to hear about your loss dwhite76. Ben Hur Lampman (US newspaper editor, essayist, short story writer, and poet) wrote, "The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of its master". I know putting down Petey wasn't easy (years ago I had to put down my dog Gideon who was suffering from cancer-- I still get choked up from time to time), but know he's not suffering anymore. I hope you will (in time of course) find some comfort. Sending you much love, peace, and thoughts to you from NYC.....

(***HUG***)
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011