***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• Well, that was awful. Can't expect the bullpen to shut em down for 4-5 innings every game. I knew that only getting 3 runs in that first inning with the bases loaded and no outs would come back to bite the Sox.

The crowds this week have made me embarrassed to be a Sox fan. No excuse at all. 20K for a game in the last week of the season when you're tied for first place. Fucking awful.

You really can't be that blind as to why people don't go to Sox games. Everything about the park, until you step inside absolutely blows. The neighborhood has ZERO to offer aside from the game. The parking lots are a joke, the Redline is now closed at 35th. People want an experience for their money these days. They should have built this new stadium around Roosevelt/South Loop before it was developed. It would be one of the best places in the US to see a game. Playing with the city behind center field would have been amazing, much cooler than in Pitt, and thats awesome. Why do you think people still go to Wrigley, its a fucking dump, disgusting ball park. But there is a shit ton of stuff to do around the park........

Oh god, here we go with this bullshit. It's a fucking baseball game, not an amusement park. You can tailgate prior to the game. They also have that bacardi @ the park bar/restaurant to stop by before the game. Red line isn't closed yet...I took the el to the game last week. I'm not trying to debate the location of the park. I'm just dissappointed in the fan base as a whole that they can only draw 20K when they are fighting for the division.

It might be bullshit too you, but its 100% true. Most sellouts occur with the 20k hardcore fans and the remaining going to see the other team or to have a night out. No one wants to see the Indians play, and the other side wants a more enjoyable night out than Bacardi at the park....
  • The White Sox are going to Fuck this all up.....
    Geez...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    It might be bullshit too you, but its 100% true. Most sellouts occur with the 20k hardcore fans and the remaining going to see the other team or to have a night out. No one wants to see the Indians play, and the other side wants a more enjoyable night out than Bacardi at the park....

You don't get what I am trying to say. In the past when the white sox have been contending like this, attendance has not been an issue. To draw 20K for a game like last night is terrible. Just curious, are you a Sox or Cubs fan?
  • It might be bullshit too you, but its 100% true. Most sellouts occur with the 20k hardcore fans and the remaining going to see the other team or to have a night out. No one wants to see the Indians play, and the other side wants a more enjoyable night out than Bacardi at the park....

You don't get what I am trying to say. In the past when the white sox have been contending like this, attendance has not been an issue. To draw 20K for a game like last night is terrible. Just curious, are you a Sox or Cubs fan?

Oh I get what your saying.....In 05 when the Sox came out of nowhere and were in contention and won it all the cell was packed. It was new and cool to be a Sox fan. People have grown tired of the surrounding area and you're only going to draw the die hards now when you're playing Cleveland. If the Sox make it into the playoffs you'll see attendance spike. But for now, outside of the die hards, most of Chicago doesn't care yet.

Cubs fan or Sox fan? Neither. I usually hit 5 games or so a year at each park with my kids and wife as a night out. NONE this year at Wrigley. I bought my dad season tix to the Sox once, and it was a waist. I buy a 12 or so game package for the Cubs to give out to clients during the summer. I cheer for both, and boo the shit out of both when they suck. We are friends with one of the Sox players, so we tend to hit more games on the south side when he tosses us some tix. I love sitting at the cell, but the whole area around it just sucks.....

Oh I get what your saying.....In 05 when the Sox came out of nowhere and were in contention and won it all the cell was packed. It was new and cool to be a Sox fan. People have grown tired of the surrounding area and you're only going to draw the die hards now when you're playing Cleveland. If the Sox make it into the playoffs you'll see attendance spike. But for now, outside of the die hards, most of Chicago doesn't care yet.

Cubs fan or Sox fan? Neither. I usually hit 5 games or so a year at each park with my kids and wife as a night out. NONE this year at Wrigley. I bought my dad season tix to the Sox once, and it was a waist. I buy a 12 or so game package for the Cubs to give out to clients during the summer. I cheer for both, and boo the shit out of both when they suck. We are friends with one of the Sox players, so we tend to hit more games on the south side when he tosses us some tix. I love sitting at the cell, but the whole area around it just sucks.....

Oh yeah, the glow from 05 has definitely worn off by now. The thing that is really bothersome to me is that in the past, attendance has not been a huge issue when the team is contending. I know the area isn't the greatest, but it has definitely improved from where it was a few years back. Like I said before, the ability to tailgate and with bacardi @ the park there, you have a couple options for pre-game festivities. Plus, I think it's a great baseball park to see a game with all the improvements they have made over the past 10-12 years.
    Well, that was fun while it lasted. This team really shit right down their leg.
  • 2-8 in their last 10 games...
    Going to lose today....

What a fucking CHOKE Job!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    2-8 in their last 10 games...
    Going to lose today....

:fp: :fp: :fp:

A complete choke job. Fucking terrible. It might be time to change my avatar.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    TIGERS ARE NO BUMS OBVIOUSLY..BUT IM KINDA GLAD U GUYS DUMPED

if the yanks do get in the sox had their number all year

always next year boys ....we might be joining you by friday
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    TIGERS ARE NO BUMS OBVIOUSLY..BUT IM KINDA GLAD U GUYS DUMPED

if the yanks do get in the sox had their number all year

always next year boys ....we might be joining you by friday

The Tigers won the last 2 post season meetings, and looking like the Tigers could wrap division up sooner than later allowing them to set the rotation perfectly, Verlander, Sherzer, Fister to open the series...I like the tigers chances.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    2-8 in their last 10 games...
    Going to lose today....

:fp: :fp: :fp:

It might be time to change my avatar.

You might be stuck with that avatar till next season :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=191240
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    davidtrios wrote:

stub hub day of. why pay retail
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    81 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

stub hub day of. why pay retail

ticket prices went down. sunday vs the angels in the outfield were only 20 bucks.
    sale has been extended- 5 yrs 60 mil
    davidtrios wrote:

It's actually 5 for 32M guaranteed. They have 2 options at the end that could make it 7 years, 60M. Great move by the Sox.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    davidtrios wrote:

It's actually 5 for 32M guaranteed. They have 2 options at the end that could make it 7 years, 60M. Great move by the Sox.

as long as his arm doesn't fall off. dude has some nasty stuff.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Nice start today. Sale looked really good out there.
    sale was a magician yesterday but the lack of run production with runners in scoring postion was disconcerting.
    2-0! Nice start by Peavy. Every run the first 2 games has come by the HR. Can't wait until the weather warms up.
    Gavin Floyd is probably my least favorite White Sox player of all time. The most frustrating pitcher to watch. I still don't get why they picked up a $9.5M option on him and let AJ go. I'd much rather have Pierzynski.
    Gavin Floyd is probably my least favorite White Sox player of all time. The most frustrating pitcher to watch. I still don't get why they picked up a $9.5M option on him and let AJ go. I'd much rather have Pierzynski.

weird watching them without AJ behind the plate.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Sox facing Buehrle tonight in Toronto. Man is this going to be weird.
    bases load no body out in the 9th..down 1 run ...cmon you bums!
    davidtrios wrote:

they only scored 1 ..it fucken :lol: ...they need to dismantle old, slow team !
    davidtrios wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

they only scored 1 ..it fucken :lol: ...they need to dismantle old, slow team !

It's going to be a long year. Hawk is already unlistenable. That whiny old fuck...he makes the games so much worse.

Also....never want to see a guy get hurt, but good riddance to Gavin Floyd. No chance he is back now that he is having major shoulder surgery. Still can't comprehend why they picked up the $9.5M option on him for this season.
    going tonight- suite level seats
    was hoping for sale/bucholtz matchup but chris has an achy arm. oh well
    Just when I thought this team might be ok for awhile and they get back to .500, they go and lose 3 straight to the Cubs. :fp: They were a real clown act in the field and at the plate. And now they go to Oakland and Seattle where they always play like shit.

You look at the current roster and guys in the minors and there isn't much to get excited about. Besides Sale and Reed, who in this organization gets you excited about the future of this team? It is not good. Not good at all.
    Konerko is going to be on PJ radio
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Well I think it's time to start trading everyone. I would trade anyone except Sale and Reed. Time to rebuild this shitty farm system.