R.I.P Petey 5/26/09 - 9/24/12

Comments

• dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Petey is a beautiful pup Don... But I really like the fact that YOU are kept within the cage and HE gets the big room with sliding glass doors to the patio :lol::lol:

:lol:

He is the best. He has one brown ear and one white :D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
    I would like to thank everyone for the heart felt wishes and the love and support you guys been giving. It realy is a feeling like no other.

There realy is no way to describe how this fan club surpasses all others in the love for the band,the 10club and each other. Of course we have our quarrels. Every family does. Its what we do when we have a tough time and this community is tops above all others.

Each and every one of you have a special spot in our hearts. Thank you. :D
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    adorable! hope things are looking up all around :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Gorgeous pic Don. Yay!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Bump for dogs! I'll throw in some items too for the cause... if anyone wants them, PM me first and if I still have it then PM Don - send the money to him, send me your info and I'll ship the stuff out. I've never met him, but hearing how much he's going through for his dog means he's a good guy...

(im on the trader list so you dont have to worry about me short changing it. will take a few days to ship out as I have family in town, but i promise I'm good for it!)
    Amongst the Waves green 7" sealed - $35 shipped in US, extra overseas
    Better Days #d 7" $15 shipped in US, extra overseas
    PJ bouncy ball $15 shipped US, a few extra overseas
    Got Some/Just Breathe #d 7" - $40 shipped in US, extra overseas

I know these aren't the cheapest prices ever, but they're about going rate and its for PETEY!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Good luck petey!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • So happy for Petey!!!! Don from one dog lover to another stay strong man!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • “Happiness is a warm puppy.”
    ― Charles M. Schulz

You can do it Petey!!
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
    drsluggo wrote:
    Bump for dogs! I'll throw in some items too for the cause... if anyone wants them, PM me first and if I still have it then PM Don - send the money to him, send me your info and I'll ship the stuff out. I've never met him, but hearing how much he's going through for his dog means he's a good guy...

(im on the trader list so you dont have to worry about me short changing it. will take a few days to ship out as I have family in town, but i promise I'm good for it!)
    Amongst the Waves green 7" sealed - $35 shipped in US, extra overseas
    Better Days #d 7" $15 shipped in US, extra overseas
    PJ bouncy ball $15 shipped US, a few extra overseas
    Got Some/Just Breathe #d 7" - $40 shipped in US, extra overseas

I know these aren't the cheapest prices ever, but they're about going rate and its for PETEY!

Wow. Thank you. Your to kind. With the 24 hr care right now the bills are racking up. Thanks so much. You guys are top notch in my book.

Thank you again for everyones support.
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Sorry to hear about the doggie.

Someone at least needs to buy that Toronto '06 poster and the Oakland EV poster... I have both of those already and they are fucking AWESOME prints in person! Toronto is one of the best PJ posters of all time if you ask me... can't go wrong for that price! Good luck Don!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • And here's Petey!!! Keep him in your thoughts & prayers!!

2498919590040909838S500x500Q85.jpg

Poor little pooch I hope he starts doing better. I have baby gates in our kitchen holding our 2 lab pups in!1 They're a terror when the get out!!
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.
  • How's Petey doing today? and hows the family holding up?
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
    :(
    How's Petey doing today? and hows the family holding up?

Petey has been in the Hospital the past few days since Friday early morning.

We have been at the vet checking on him every few hours when he starts to come out of his sedation. Seems when the meds wear off he begins to convulse/seize. Some worse than others. Some times its just the 1 and other times he comes out of it and stumbles around just to start seizing again.

He seemed to have a positive reaction to the medicine at first and now it seems they have to keep him highly medicated so he dont go through it any more.

We still have yet to see if his brain was damaged by the fever or the seizures. The test they ran for brain bleeding came back negative. So thats a step in the right direction.

Please keep Petey in your thoughts. Thank you to all who have been in contact and those who havent but have been hoping for the best. It helps a lot know you all are here for us.

Thanks so much. try and post a better update when I am less emotional. Its hard to post about my buddy when he is in a bad spot. :(
    Love to Petey & you & fam Don. I hope good things happen soon.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    bump for Petey, good luck puppy!
    I win.
  • slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 682
    I also have a dog that has seizures, I feel for you :cry:
    I can donate the Christmas single that just came in the mail this week, I haven't had a record player since I was a kid so this wasn't ever going to get played, also I can throw in the Philly Mia liberty bell sticker. Not sure how much these are worth to anyone but they can send the money to you and ill ship it out.
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    A white staffy munched our soccer ball in the park yesterday - thought of Petey and family. Hope 'Peto' is well on the mend. Continued best wishes to you all.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Bump

Sending best Petey Wishes!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I keep looking at this picture. What a sweet looking little guy. Hope you are on the rebound Petey!
    And here's Petey!!! Keep him in your thoughts & prayers!!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    Awesome little Guy. Love the ears, hope he's doing better.
  • JimmyV wrote:
    I keep looking at this picture. What a sweet looking little guy. Hope you are on the rebound Petey!
    And here's Petey!!! Keep him in your thoughts & prayers!!

that is one good looking dog!!!! :D
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Hey Don. I'm thrilled for you that your awesome dog Petey seems to be on his road to recovery. That is great news. We have an epileptic dog and she has been seizure free for many years thanks to her daily medicine. I hope you can have the same results with Petey. I also sent you a PM.

Best of luck and Cheers!
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    Me too!!! :D There is a ton of positive energy and prayers being sent to Don/family & Petey!!! It is working, so we can not let up. What ever each of you/us are doing please keep doing it in your own way. I want the best for Petey, and I do not want any more pain for Don/wife, and their little boy.

Please folks do not stop the positive stuff we are all doing in our own way.

Best to all,
    densan
    :)
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
    I posted the update on page 1 im sorry to have to give this news. :cry:
    Thank you to every one that has helped my family with what was a horrible week for us. We tried to do all that we could but to no avail we lost the good fight.

Sadly we had to put Petey to sleep yesterday. I wanted to let you all know sooner but I was just to heartbroken to reply the news.

Petey ended up having Valley Fever. This is a mold spore found in desert areas that effect humans and animals. Some people get pneumonia like symptoms. Others can just get the neurological part of the virus.

Petey didnt show any signs of being sick. He sneezed a lot but we were told it allergies. The Valley Fever is what caused the seizures. It was contracted a minimal of a year ago the Vet says and because he was so young and healthy he just didnt show any signs until it was to late. The disease spread into his nervous system and the size of the seizures and the frequency caused just to much brain damage it was in his best interest to let him go.

As you can tell we are all saddened. But it was very uplifting for us and especially my young one to read all your positive wishes and heart felt prayers.

I couldnt stand the fact of some one taking my dog so I took him out to his favorite walk along the mountains and laid him to rest there so he can watch the sun set. We will think of him at every sun set now. There will be not be another goofy dog quiet like Petey. He will be loved and always missed.

Maybe PJ can play Sad from Lost Dogs on Sunday in memory of Petey.

Thank you.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Oh my god I am so sorry. When we did not hear any news I worried there had been a turn for the worse. Will continue to keep you all in my thoughts.

RIP Petey. I never met you but I feel like I knew you.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    So sorry for you and your family, Don. RIP Petey :cry:
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
    OMG Don. I'm so sorry for you, your fam & for poor Petey. Jeepers. What sad news to read. I'm so sorry. strength & hugs to you all for long distance!! May Petey be at peace in his place in the sky.
    <hr>
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    oh Don, I am so sorry to hear this. My heart just sunk to my feet seeing this news. Was hoping he would hang in there. Dogs are absolutely the greatest gift from life. I just wish we never had to give them back as we just borrow them.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    :( Sorry to hear that Don.