Please Pearl Jam, consider a VINYL Benaroya Hall re-issue!

Comments

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Just throwing it out there... what if they added Benaroya to the box set re-issuses program? It would make sense as it's seen by many as just as important a release as some of the studio albums. I know I'm not the only one that already has a Benny vinyl and would still by the re-issue as well (just... can't... resist!!) plus they always re-issue the vinyls on their own at the same time as the box sets.

It would also make sense chronologically as there's a gap between Riot Act and Pearl Jam that needs to be filled. They can always couple it with the full Easy Street set to keep with the 2 albums per box option (I was going to suggest coupling it The Gorge on vinyl but now I'm just getting carried away!)

No Code / Yield 1996-1998
    Binaural / Riot Act 2000-2002
    Benaroya / Live At Easy Street 2004-2006
    Pearl Jam / Backspacer 2006-2009

Oh well, we can all dream can't we?...

Personally, I'd love to see an expanded Lost Dogs box set in there as well but I know I'm just being greedy :D
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    I support album re-issues, but not this.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    My feeling is...If you get it while its on Sale here, GREAT!...If you don't, sorry. (and I paid mucho bucks for my Benny BTW) I like the fact that there are rare items, it gives me something to strive to get. & thats half the fun of being a fan. I went to my 1st PJ show & had the opportunity to get the poster & didn't...I kick myself everyday for that...now its my grail...I search all the time for it & enjoy the hunt! One day I WILL get it and it will be that much more appreciated. If everything was available to everyone at all times, what kind of fun would that be?
    "Lets have a limited sale on XYZ"

"Cool, I'll buy that! It would be awesome to have that limited item!"

(***5 yrs later***)

"HEY NOW!!!!! We're gonna put that limited item up for sale again!...PS: Sorry to those other ppl that bought it earlier, who thought it was limited....but, it is what it is"

"damn..."

my 2cents
    aqo2t.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    pjradio wrote:
    My feeling is...If you get it while its on Sale here, GREAT!...If you don't, sorry. (and I paid mucho bucks for my Benny BTW) I like the fact that there are rare items, it gives me something to strive to get. & thats half the fun of being a fan. I went to my 1st PJ show & had the opportunity to get the poster & didn't...I kick myself everyday for that...now its my grail...I search all the time for it & enjoy the hunt! One day I WILL get it and it will be that much more appreciated. If everything was available to everyone at all times, what kind of fun would that be?
    "Lets have a limited sale on XYZ"

"Cool, I'll buy that! It would be awesome to have that limited item!"

(***5 yrs later***)

"HEY NOW!!!!! We're gonna put that limited item up for sale again!...PS: Sorry to those other ppl that bought it earlier, who thought it was limited....but, it is what it is"

"damn..."

my 2cents
    Yeah, it's great to have a much desired and very limited album... if you have the album. Sucks for the thousands and thousands who don't have it and will never have it. It's really the two thousand (or is it three thousand) people vs many more than that who don't. Obviously no one who has the album wants it reissued. I don't have it though, and I really want it! :)
    Of course, a reissue would be just that. The original numbered album would still be a limited edition collectors item.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Of course, a reissue would be just that. The original numbered album would still be a limited edition collectors item.

just curious...do you own any "Limited" items?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    goldrush wrote:
    Just throwing it out there... what if they added Benaroya to the box set re-issuses program? It would make sense as it's seen by many as just as important a release as some of the studio albums. I know I'm not the only one that already has a Benny vinyl and would still by the re-issue as well (just... can't... resist!!) plus they always re-issue the vinyls on their own at the same time as the box sets.

It would also make sense chronologically as there's a gap between Riot Act and Pearl Jam that needs to be filled. They can always couple it with the full Easy Street set to keep with the 2 albums per box option (I was going to suggest coupling it The Gorge on vinyl but now I'm just getting carried away!)

Personally, I'd love to see an expanded Lost Dogs box set in there as well but I know I'm just being greedy :D
    They said their not doing a PJ/Backspacer reissue.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    goldrush wrote:

Love where your head is at......and what's wrong with being a little greedy? I would LOVE to see a Benaroya/Gorge re-issue together in one package....shortly after they release the Alpine set. :D
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Newch91 wrote:
    goldrush wrote:

They said their not doing a PJ/Backspacer reissue.
    Well that's even more reason for the Benaroya Box Set to be the grand finale of the box set releases then! :D
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    I don't care if they put it in a special box or not, I just want to listen to this baby on vinyl. Of course some people will be pissed, but this is like an every day event amongst PJ fans :P You can't please everyone! I totally get the collector's point of view, but this would be different, theirs would still be highly sought after and special. I don't know, I just think this album is tooooooo good to be only available to 2000 people (yes, I know that there is a CD available to everyone and I also have it). And it isn't even that! To think that there are people who even own more than one, keeping one copy sealed and having an opened one that they are playing ... :roll:

I haven't been a fan club member when this album was released, so I didn't have a chance to get it back then, does that make me a lesser fan or constitutes that I don't deserve to listen to it on vinyl as well?
    goldrush wrote:

:thumbup: :D
  • Co-sign!
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,811
    Please..... :D8-)
  • themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    I don't care if they put it in a special box or not, I just want to listen to this baby on vinyl. Of course some people will be pissed, but this is like an every day event amongst PJ fans :P You can't please everyone! I totally get the collector's point of view, but this would be different, theirs would still be highly sought after and special. I don't know, I just think this album is tooooooo good to be only available to 2000 people (yes, I know that there is a CD available to everyone and I also have it). And it isn't even that! To think that there are people who even own more than one, keeping one copy sealed and having an opened one that they are playing ... :roll:

I haven't been a fan club member when this album was released, so I didn't have a chance to get it back then, does that make me a lesser fan or constitutes that I don't deserve to listen to it on vinyl as well?

I agree with this!

They could place it on plain black viny with plain cardboard sleeves because all that matters to me is hearing it in all it's glory on vinyl. I don't need any special numbering or packaging to make it more special. They could send it to me with no plastic wrap on it either and I'd be ok with it b/c it will just be ripped off and spun immediately anyway.

I think there's enough of a population here that cares about Limited Editions, colored wax, and numbered vinyls, and a group that doesn't and just cares to listen to music on vinyl. I think this would satisfy both groups by differentiating the two versions distinctly enough to where both get their perceived value out of owning it.
    I don't need any special numbering or packaging to make it more special.

Thats exactly how I bought mine :D (It WAS shrink wrapped though)
    aqo2t.jpg
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Would love to get my grubby hands on this bad boy and spin it til it drives me crazy.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    please? :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    lets make this one grow, we can do it ;);)
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Yeah, this!
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    edited September 2012
    If they do re-issue this, press this on marble blue please!!
  • 99 problems but a benny aint one!!!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    It's funny. Those Euro bootleggers that have been releasing to the market place all those colored Into The Wild, Temple Of The Dog, and many various Pearl Jam releases haven't attempted to release this Benny Hall Box Set. They would of many a lot of mula if they did.
  • I'll take two please(for when I wear the first one out)
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    If PJ20 deluxe DVD can be released again, surely Benny Hall can.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Do it! I want to spin this!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
    Morning :wave: and bump :D
  • wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    i would love for this to happen.........
    ajb
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    This would be the jewel in the crown of my record collection. Sign me up, let's see where this one goes :corn:
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    Count me in. :D
    Nature drunk and High
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    lets make this one grow, we can do it ;);)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”