Options

Creationists Plan Another Museum

ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
edited August 2012 in A Moving Train
And this is the Worlds Superpower.

You are right to be worried.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-news ... n-kentucky

Creationists plan yet another museum for northern Kentucky

Creation Science Hall of Fame plans to honor scientists who further the idea that God created the world 6,000 years ago

Amanda Holpuch
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 28 August 20

A stretch of interstate in northern Kentucky may soon be the official capital for creationism fans across the globe.

Online-only institution the Creation Science Hall of Fame hopes to establish a real-life creationism center located between the Creation Museum and planned creationism theme park Ark Encounter.

The hall of fame website was launched in February and honors "those who honored God's word as literally written in Genesis." Any scientist who the institution believes furthers the scientifically inaccurate idea that God created the world 6,000 years ago can be included.

"We honor these people, not because we believe everything they say, but because they made critical contributions to creation science and to the explanation of the Genesis story," secretary/treasurer of the hall of fame Terry Hurlbut told the Cincinnati Enquirer.

There are several creationism institutions in the US, including another creation museum in Texas and a mobile museum that takes fossil exhibits to churches and schools. The hall of fame would solidify northern Kentucky as the center for creation-tourism.

The Creation Museum opened in May 2007 and was built by Answers in Genesis, the Australian ministry that is also behind Ark Encounter.

Ark Encounter – which would feature a life-size replica of Noah's Ark – was supposed to break ground in Kentucky in 2011, but has been unable to reach its $24.5m fundraising goal.

Creation Science Hall of Fame organizers are asking for between $2m and $3m and would feature biographies, pictures, and artifacts of inductees.

Their website honors 104 deceased male scientists including Leonardo Da Vinci, Michael Faraday and Guglielmo Marconi. To explain why these individuals are included, the site excerpts biography information from the book 'Men of Science, Men of God', written by a man widely recognized as the father of creationism, Henry Morris.

Honorees also include 12 prominent living figures in the creation science field – again all male. The real-life hall of fame would also include artifacts from people listed on the site's honorable mention list, which features 58 male recommendations from website readers and the hall of fame committee.

In a May 2012 Gallup poll 46% of Americans said they believe God created humans in the present form.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    'a mobile museum that takes fossil exhibits to churches and schools'

What do they do? Hold up the bones and say, 'Look just how clever God is? He created these in order to test our faith in him'. (If he's so clever, then why didn't he create I-phones 6000 years ago and leave them lying around in the desert?)

I wonder how they explain the Grand Canyon? Is that just another trick 'God' played on us in order to test our faith?
  • Options
    MotoDCMotoDC Posts: 947
    I know right? I hate people that think other stuff, too.

Were public funds used to build this museum? No? So mostly you're just trolling for yuks from other non-Christians. Imagine if...certain other folks on this board...posted a list of strange facts about Islam and then mocked them. You'd be the first person there posting about bias and islamophobia.

You know how DS feels about hypocrites ( :twisted: ).

That last part was in jest. Oh, I guess so was the very first part.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    MotoDC wrote:

Were public funds used to build this museum? No? So mostly you're just trolling for yuks from other non-Christians. Imagine if...certain other folks on this board...posted a list of strange facts about Islam and then mocked them. You'd be the first person there posting about bias and islamophobia.

Who said anything about hate? I don't hate these people, I just find them to be ridiculous.

And not all Christians are fundamentalists who believe in wacky fantasies regarding the Earths creation.

Whoops! I hope that didn't 'offend' you? :roll:
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
  • Options
    Hitler and the Nazis also had some pretty wacky notions about the World too. Look what happened when people began taking them seriously.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I have no problem with this.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Tell me when lord tell me when? :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Maybe in the future people will look back at this type of thing and regard it as a testament to human stupidity.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Maybe in the future people will look back at this type of thing and regard it as a testament to human stupidity.

8-)
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Byrnzie wrote:
    And this is the Worlds Superpower.

You are right to be worried.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-news ... n-kentucky

Creationists plan yet another museum for northern Kentucky

Creation Science Hall of Fame plans to honor scientists who further the idea that God created the world 6,000 years ago

Amanda Holpuch
    guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 28 August 20

A stretch of interstate in northern Kentucky may soon be the official capital for creationism fans across the globe.

Online-only institution the Creation Science Hall of Fame hopes to establish a real-life creationism center located between the Creation Museum and planned creationism theme park Ark Encounter.

The hall of fame website was launched in February and honors "those who honored God's word as literally written in Genesis." Any scientist who the institution believes furthers the scientifically inaccurate idea that God created the world 6,000 years ago can be included.

"We honor these people, not because we believe everything they say, but because they made critical contributions to creation science and to the explanation of the Genesis story," secretary/treasurer of the hall of fame Terry Hurlbut told the Cincinnati Enquirer.

There are several creationism institutions in the US, including another creation museum in Texas and a mobile museum that takes fossil exhibits to churches and schools. The hall of fame would solidify northern Kentucky as the center for creation-tourism.

The Creation Museum opened in May 2007 and was built by Answers in Genesis, the Australian ministry that is also behind Ark Encounter.

Ark Encounter – which would feature a life-size replica of Noah's Ark – was supposed to break ground in Kentucky in 2011, but has been unable to reach its $24.5m fundraising goal.

Creation Science Hall of Fame organizers are asking for between $2m and $3m and would feature biographies, pictures, and artifacts of inductees.

Their website honors 104 deceased male scientists including Leonardo Da Vinci, Michael Faraday and Guglielmo Marconi. To explain why these individuals are included, the site excerpts biography information from the book 'Men of Science, Men of God', written by a man widely recognized as the father of creationism, Henry Morris.

Honorees also include 12 prominent living figures in the creation science field – again all male. The real-life hall of fame would also include artifacts from people listed on the site's honorable mention list, which features 58 male recommendations from website readers and the hall of fame committee.

In a May 2012 Gallup poll 46% of Americans said they believe God created humans in the present form.

:lol::lol::lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    hostishostis Posts: 441
    so what? surely if someone wants to fund a museum for whatever reason they wish they can do this? just because you disagree, doesn't mean it's wrong. and if you don't agree, just don't visit it.

For the record, I don't believe in creationism but everyone is entitled to their own beliefs...
  • Options
    hostis wrote:
    so what? surely if someone wants to fund a museum for whatever reason they wish they can do this? just because you disagree, doesn't mean it's wrong. and if you don't agree, just don't visit it.

For the record, I don't believe in creationism but everyone is entitled to their own beliefs...

So what? Religious fundamentalists are dangerous, that's what. Americans love to rant and rave about Islamic fundamentalists trying to take over their country, but you get defensive when it comes to Christian fundamentalists who are actually trying to take over your country - http://www.democracynow.org/2007/2/19/c ... scists_the

Only in America is stupidity respected and defended.
    Maybe explains why you elected Reagan and George W. Bush as Presidents.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    hostis wrote:
    so what?

http://www.democracynow.org/2007/2/19/c ... scists_the

AMY GOODMAN: Who are "these people"?

CHRIS HEDGES: These are — you know, they’re not — we use terms like "evangelical" and "fundamentalist" to describe them, and I think that those are incorrect terms. Traditional fundamentalists always called on believers to remove themselves from the contaminants of secular society, shun involvement in politics. Evangelical leaders like Billy Graham’s always warned followers to keep their distance from political power. He, of course, was burned by Richard Nixon, came to Nixon’s defense and then when it publicly came out that Nixon lied, it taught a lesson to Graham.

This is a new movement, as embodied by people like James Dobson or Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell, who call for the creation of a Christian state, who talk about attaining secular power. And they are more properly called dominionists or Christian reconstructionists, although it’s not a widespread term, but they’re certainly not traditional fundamentalists and not traditional evangelicals. They fused the language and iconography of the Christian religion with the worst forms of American nationalism and then created this sort of radical mutation, which has built alliances with powerful rightwing interests, including corporate interests, and made tremendous inroads over the last two decades into the corridors of power.

AMY GOODMAN: On the back of your book, Chris, is a quote from your professor at Harvard, Dr. James Luther Adams, who said that in a few decades we would all be fighting "Christian fascists." Who was he, and why did he think this?

CHRIS HEDGES: James Luther Adams was my ethics professor at Harvard Divinity School. He had spent the years 1935 and 1936 in Germany working with Dietrich Bonhoeffer in the Confessing Church or anti-Nazi church and eventually was picked up by the Gestapo and told to leave the country...And he understood, in a visceral way, how when countries fall into despair — of course, this began — it was the time that began the assault on the American working class, which has been accelerated and essentially left tens of millions of people within our own country dispossessed — he understood how demagogues use that despair. And I think we can say there, in many ways, has been a kind of Weimarization of the American working class. And he saw what we were doing through globalization, what we were doing to our working class and our middle class, coupled with the rise of these so-called Christian demagogues, as a frightening and toxic combination, which, if left unchecked, would destroy our democracy...

AMY GOODMAN: We’re talking to Chris Hedges. His latest book called American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War on America. We were just talking about Pat Robertson. I wanted to go back to that famous quote of his. This had to do with foreign policy and the Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.

PAT ROBERTSON: "You know, I don’t know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we’re trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It’s a whole lot cheaper than starting a war. And I don’t think any oil shipments will stop, but this man is a terrific danger. This is in our sphere of influence, so we can’t let this happen. We have the Monroe Doctrine. We have other doctrines that we have announced. And without question, this is a dangerous enemy to our south, controlling a huge pool of oil that could hurt us very badly. We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability. We don’t need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator. It’s a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."

AMY GOODMAN: Pat Robertson. Your response, Chris Hedges?

CHRIS HEDGES: That’s a deeply Christian message, calling for assassination. You know, I covered the war in Central America, and Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell came down to support the murderous rampages of Rios Montt in Guatemala, the military dictatorship that were running death squads that were killing 800 to 1,000 people a month in El Salvador, and, of course, the Contras, whose main contribution in Nicaragua was walking into towns drunk out of their mind, raping the women and killing the men and burning the villages. And they describe these battles as essentially a war against Satan, against Satanic forces, godless communism that had to be defeated. There are no international boundaries in Satan’s kingdom, if you look at it from their ideology. I think that the kinds of the wholehearted support for genocidal killers in Central America, which Pat Robertson was one of the stalwarts, is a tip-off as to, you know, without legal restraints, what they would like to do within our own borders.

And I think that the quote or the clip that you just played is a perfect illustration of how dark the intentions of this movement is and how, if we don’t begin to stand up and fight back, if we believe that these people can be domesticated and brought into the political arena where they will act responsibly, we’re very, very naive. And we should all sit down, and as unpalatable as it is, and listen to Christian — so-called Christian radio and television to see the kinds of messages of hate and exclusion that they are spewing out over the airwaves.

AMY GOODMAN: The quote of Jerry Falwell right after September 11th that became quite famous: "I really believe that the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America, I point the finger in their face and say, 'You helped this happen.'" He was speaking on September 13, 2001, on Pat Robertson’s 700 Club program.

CHRIS HEDGES: That’s right. And, you know, this is — I mean, essentially, when you follow the logical conclusion of the ideology they preach, there really are only two options for people who do not submit to their authority. And it’s about submission, because these people claim to speak for God and not only understand the will of God, but be able to carry it out. Either you convert, or you’re exterminated. That’s what the obsession with the End Times with the Rapture, which, by the way, is not in the Bible, is about. It is about instilling — it’s, of course, a fear-based movement, and it’s about saying, ultimately, if you do not give up control to us, you will be physically eradicated by a vengeful God. And that lust for violence, I think that sort of — you know, the notion, that final aesthetic being violence is very common to totalitarian movements, the belief that massive catastrophic violence can be used as a cleansing agent to purge the world. And that’s, you know, something that this movement bears in common with other despotic and frightening radical movements that we’ve seen over the past — throughout the past century.

AMY GOODMAN: And what are the corporations that are part of this?

CHRIS HEDGES: Well, DeVos, a guy who founded Amway; Target; Sam’s Club. You know, they bring in — a lot of these corporations like Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club and others bring in these sort of dominionist or evangelical ministers into the plants as a way to mollify workers. Subscribing to this belief system is essentially about disempowerment.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    hostis wrote:

So what? Religious fundamentalists are dangerous, that's what. Americans love to rant and rave about Islamic fundamentalists trying to take over their country, but you get defensive when it comes to Christian fundamentalists who are actually trying to take over your country - http://www.democracynow.org/2007/2/19/c ... scists_the

Only in America is stupidity respected and defended.
    Maybe explains why you elected Reagan and George W. Bush as Presidents.

so all creationsists are fundamentalists? that's a big step. Are you also going to say that all muslims are members of the taliban? Just because someone believes that the world is 6000 years old doesn't meant they will kill you if you disagree.

oh and btw, its not my country. I don't live there, so "I" didn't elect anyone and "I" am not getting defensive, I am just saying they have as much right to express their beliefs as you do...
  • Options
    hostis wrote:
    so all creationsists are fundamentalists?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamenta ... ted_States
    Christian fundamentalism, also known as Fundamentalist Christianity, or Fundamentalism,[1] refers to a movement within Christianity upholding a literal reading of the Bible or official teachings of the Church.

Fundamentalism had multiple roots in British and American theology of the 19th century [and] stressed several core beliefs, including:

The inerrancy of the Bible
    The literal nature of the Biblical accounts, especially regarding Christ's miracles and the Creation account in Genesis.
    The Virgin Birth of Christ
    The bodily resurrection and physical return of Christ
    The substitutionary atonement of Christ on the cross

By the late 1920s the first two points had become central to Fundamentalism.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    AMY GOODMAN: And what are the corporations that are part of this?

CHRIS HEDGES: Well, DeVos, a guy who founded Amway; Target; Sam’s Club. You know, they bring in — a lot of these corporations like Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club and others bring in these sort of dominionist or evangelical ministers into the plants as a way to mollify workers. Subscribing to this belief system is essentially about disempowerment.

That's right, he said 'Target'. Maybe Ed Vedd needs to reconsider who he hob-knobs with.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    hostis wrote:

Christian fundamentalism, also known as Fundamentalist Christianity, or Fundamentalism,[1] refers to a movement within Christianity upholding a literal reading of the Bible or official teachings of the Church.

Fundamentalism had multiple roots in British and American theology of the 19th century [and] stressed several core beliefs, including:

The literal nature of the Biblical accounts, especially regarding Christ's miracles and the Creation account in Genesis.

I stand corrected on my personal interpretation of fundamentalism.

Still, they have a museum dedicated to whatever they wish and preach how they wish. Its their choice, their life and no one has a right to tell someone what they can and cannot do.

why do you believe that they shouldn't be allowed create this museum?
  • Options
    hostis wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    hostis wrote:

I stand corrected on my personal interpretation of fundamentalism.

Still, they have a museum dedicated to whatever they wish and preach how they wish. Its their choice, their life and no one has a right to tell someone what they can and cannot do.

why do you believe that they shouldn't be allowed create this museum?

I didn't say they shouldn't be allowed to create this museum.
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    MotoDC wrote:

Actually, tax "incentives" are being used to fund this project.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/31/opinion/31tue4.html?_r=2&src=rechp

Unfortunately, there was only a minor uproar about it when that was announced last year. Seems like most Kentuckians support this musuem and the soon to be built theme park. My real problem (in addition to using public money to fund this) is that the science is wrong and quite a few notable scientific groups have spoken out about the fallacies of the information presented at their museum.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I don't really have a problem with these people deciding to create their museum, much like I wouldn't really have a problem with the Flat Earth Society creating a museum.

Though this shit gets dangerous when too many people start taking it seriously. And the fact that they're seeking to take over America and it's education system means that all Americans should be concerned about them. Instead you pretend that the Muslims are trying to take over your country, when they aren't.

So, I'll keep laughing at them, and I won't worry about it offending anyone.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:

it's all good then. they can build this museum, you don't need to visit and the world continues to tumble...
  • Options
    hostis wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

it's all good then. they can build this museum, you don't need to visit and the world continues to tumble...

And if and when their power and influence spreads across all of America and they arrive at a point where they start to dictate policy issues, and the entire U.S education system is revamped to their liking, we can all scratch our heads and wonder when it all went wrong.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    hostis wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

And if and when their power and influence spreads across all of America and they arrive at a point where they start to dictate policy issues, and the entire U.S education system is revamped to their liking, we can all scratch our heads and wonder when it all went wrong.

but how would it affect you if that happened anyway?
  • Options
    hostis wrote:
    but how would it affect you if that happened anyway?

How did Nazism effect anybody outside of Germany? Dangerous ideas have dangerous consequences. And If we feel can't ridicule them for fear of causing offence, then we're in big trouble. The separation of Church and state in the U.S is being slowly eroded. And wacky notions about the World are becoming a standard feature of many school curriculum's. What happens if these people manage to get into a position where they control the show? Will we just have to accept it when they decide that the End of Days is upon us and that the World needs to be destroyed?

This thread is drawing attention to the fact that Creationism and fundamentalism are creeping into the U.S education system and beginning to gain footholds in American society. It has nothing to do with denigrating Christians as a whole. Not all Christians are fundamentalists who believe the World was created 6000 years ago.

The difference between this thread and Aerial's thread that was locked the other day is that her thread was just an attack on Muslims in general, and on Obama in particular. It was an attempt to paint Obama as a lover of Muslims and someone who rejects Christianity - simply because some Muslims would be present at the DNC and a particular Catholic cleric wouldn't be. She then tried to pretend that this was proof that Muslim extremists were trying to take over America, without providing any evidence at all.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    why does this worrie you Byrnzie ? you and a few others have made it clear you don't believe in God and yet from time to time you post a story trying to dismiss God,if anybody is living in fear it's you man,why do you attack things you don't believe ? there must be some doubt in your statements or yourself...if you don't believe in God or creation why don't you just move on and stop aiming your attacks at believers ?
    NOBODY is trying to change your mind you are free to believe as you wish, you seem to be fine and dandy with removing cross's from public/government owned land,you seem to have no problem with the muslim temples being built but soon as someone wants to build a creation museum you lay on the floor and kick and scream...make up your mind man, do you or don't you believe and if not move on and stop looking for the fear sandwhich to try and feed everybody else.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    why does this worrie you Byrnzie ? you and a few others have made it clear you don't believe in God and yet from time to time you post a story trying to dismiss God,if anybody is living in fear it's you man,why do you attack things you don't believe ? there must be some doubt in your statements or yourself...if you don't believe in God or creation why don't you just move on and stop aiming your attacks at believers ?
    NOBODY is trying to change your mind you are free to believe as you wish, you seem to be fine and dandy with removing cross's from public/government owned land,you seem to have no problem with the muslim temples being built but soon as someone wants to build a creation museum you lay on the floor and kick and scream...make up your mind man, do you or don't you believe and if not move on and stop looking for the fear sandwhich to try and feed everybody else.

Godfather.

So defensive.

If a creationism museum was built in the U.K, or any other country I can think of, it would be treated with the ridicule it deserves. Yet in America you get all defensive about it.

And there's no comparison with Muslims building temples. This thread is discussing religious extremism.

People can build their fucking churches, Mosques, Synagogues, or temples, wherever they like. But when they start corrupting the education system, I have a problem with it. And so should you. Religious extremism is a dangerous thing, in case you don't know.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

So defensive.

If a creationism museum was built in the U.K, or any other country I can think of, it would be treated with the ridicule it deserves. Yet in America you get all defensive about it.

And there's no comparison with Muslims building temples. This thread is discussing religious extremism.

People can build their fucking churches, Mosques, Synagogues, or temples, wherever they like. But when they start corrupting the education system, I have a problem with it. And so should you. Religious extremism is a dangerous thing, in case you don't know.

here ya go man, this is just some interesting reading and I'm sure you will do everything you can to dismiss it in some way or another...that's your nature but have fun anyway. ;)

Godfather.

The following are 8 really good reasons why Christianity is true.....

#1) The world around us reveals that God DOES exist. The following short videos were produced by an ex-atheist and ex-evolutionist who is a graduate of Yale Law School. These videos drive atheists and skeptics crazy, but for a more complete treatment of this topic, please read Strobel's excellent book entitled "The Case For A Creator":

http://www.leestrobel.com/Creator.htm

#2) The historical evidence reveals that Jesus Christ really did come to this earth:

http://www.grantjeffrey.com/article/historicalev.htm

#3) There is overwhelming evidence that Jesus Christ really did physically rise from the dead:

http://shatteredparadigm.blogspot.com/2 ... -real.html

#4) All of these things about Jesus were prophetically foretold by God in the Bible with specificity:

http://www.xenos.org/teachings/topical/ ... aniel9.htm
    (Click "Watch" to view the presentation)

and

http://shatteredparadigm.blogspot.com/2 ... ianic.html

#5) There is massive evidence that Jesus is doing miracles in our day:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... dead&hl=en

#6) There are thousands of stories of Jesus appearing to people all over the globe:

http://prorege-forum.com/messages/407.html

and

http://www.amightywind.com/fastfood/dre ... dreams.htm

#7) Jesus is coming again and the signs of the end times that were foretold in the Bible are coming to pass right in front of our eyes:

http://shatteredparadigm.blogspot.com/2 ... cient.html

#8) Credible witnesses have seen the afterlife and have come back and reported to us that it is precisely as the Bible describes:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... hell&hl=en

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ElnQUVkWsQ

The truth is that the afterlife is very real, so make the right choice and give your life to Jesus Christ today:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... Back&hl=en

If you have been persuaded by the evidence and you are interested in becoming a Christian, the following link is a place where you can learn more:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1049/1049_01.asp
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    . Religious extremism is a dangerous thing, in case you don't know.

so is intolerance...
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    here ya go man, this is just some interesting reading and I'm sure you will do everything you can to dismiss it in some way or another...that's your nature but have fun anyway. ;)

Godfather.

#1) The world around us reveals that God DOES exist. The following short videos were produced by an ex-atheist and ex-evolutionist who is a graduate of Yale Law School. These videos drive atheists and skeptics crazy, but for a more complete treatment of this topic, please read Strobel's excellent book entitled "The Case For A Creator":

#2) The historical evidence reveals that Jesus Christ really did come to this earth:

#3) There is overwhelming evidence that Jesus Christ really did physically rise from the dead:

#4) All of these things about Jesus were prophetically foretold by God in the Bible with specificity:

and

#6) There are thousands of stories of Jesus appearing to people all over the globe:

and

#7) Jesus is coming again and the signs of the end times that were foretold in the Bible are coming to pass right in front of our eyes:

#8) Credible witnesses have seen the afterlife and have come back and reported to us that it is precisely as the Bible describes:

and

The truth is that the afterlife is very real, so make the right choice and give your life to Jesus Christ today:

If you have been persuaded by the evidence and you are interested in becoming a Christian, the following link is a place where you can learn more:

Why do I feel like I've just entered the Twilight Zone? :wtf:
  • Options
    hostis wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    . Religious extremism is a dangerous thing, in case you don't know.

so is intolerance...

Who's intolerant? I said I'm not opposed to these people building their museum.
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

and

and

and

Where did you get all those wacky links from Godfather? Have you been saving them up for a special occasion?
This discussion has been closed.