Options

Pearl Jam to Perform at Midtown Music 2012

Comments

• Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    I am looking for someone to meet up with at this show. A friend of mine from here in Alaska was gonna go with me...but she has backed out, and I really don't want to go by myself.

If any sort of groups are meeting up, please let me know...I have a ticket for the whole weekend cus I like the Foos too....but it would be such a drag to do these shows alone. I used to live in ATL so know my way around very well - that's not a problem.

Been having a lot of trouble logging on to this board since the site upgrade (this is the first time I've been able to log in in over a month), so please forgive if anyone responds and I don't respond back right away. I will do so as soon as the site allows me to log back in.

You can meet up with me. I'll be there from Thursday to Sunday and have tickets to both nights. You're more than welcome to come along. Where will you be staying?
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    45 Days till I land
    46 Days till Foos play
    47 Days till PJ plays

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    Hello guys! Thanks for the invites! I really appreciate it. It would be such a drag to go to this by myself.

I actually used to live in Atlanta...so will be staying with my sister in the South Sandy Springs/North Buckhead area (she is not a PJ fan...or even much of a music fan at all, unfortunately). I'll probably have a rental car since I moved my vehicle up here to Anchorage and it won't be exactly 'convenient' to Atlanta....and after the weekend I'll be staying on in ATL to deal with issues related to my house, visit with some friends (also not PJ fans), etc.

I have tickets to both days.

Needless to say, I know my way around Atlanta very well...and can meet people wherever. Also, I can provide ideas for places to eat, drink, and meet up if people desire to do that, etc.

By the way, not sure if people saw it, but they announced some additional bands - I'm mainly interested in PJ and the Foos...but I also like Florence & the Machine, Garbage, Joan Jett and Neon Trees. I'll sit through anything though - I'm easy. Especially if it will help us get a better spot for PJ. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    Tickets for sale for anyone interested:

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/tix/3178878681.html
  • Options
    rememberlaughterrememberlaughter Cedar Falls, Iowa Posts: 65
    Is there going to be any type of pre-party for this festival?

There needs to be. I don't know the area at all, but the Google says there are a lot of bars nearby in Midtown, maybe someone knows of one cool enough that we can pick to be the 10C "official" hangout spot for the weekend pre and post shows...our PJ shirts will be a dead giveaway... :D
    @Fist2TheJaw on Twitter https://twitter.com/fist2thejaw
    "Does anybody remember laughter?" - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"(Live '77)
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    lets go September! Get here faster!
    Hotel is walking distance from the festival :D
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374

There needs to be. I don't know the area at all, but the Google says there are a lot of bars nearby in Midtown, maybe someone knows of one cool enough that we can pick to be the 10C "official" hangout spot for the weekend pre and post shows...our PJ shirts will be a dead giveaway... :D

A few years ago, my fiance and i went to the Hard Rock Cafe before the U2/Muse show. it was full of people going to the show. our plan was to head down on friday and try and grab some lunch there, then drinks. as for Saturday, going to the Olympic Park, and seeing if we can find a place that way to grad some preshow beverages.
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    Is anyone going on Friday?

We are gonna fly-in that day, but just get to the venue in time for the Foos, and maybe the Avett Brothers....gonna need a nap beforehand after we land!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

We are gonna fly-in that day, but just get to the venue in time for the Foos, and maybe the Avett Brothers....gonna need a nap beforehand after we land!
    Friday's going to be a fun day. Foos, Avett Bros, and Joan Jett - can't wait!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

My flight is landing around 1ish, so plenty of time to drop everything off at the hotel and get into the festival to see Avetts and Foos. We are going because these 3 are the 3 we really want to see, so I'm praying our flight is not delayed, etc. I hate flying in on the same day... i always get nervous i might meet the festival..
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    LukinFan wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Joan Jett will be fun to see.

For us, Saturday is the real lure...PJ, Garbage, Adam Ant, Ludacris (if you haven't seen a live hiphop show, it is worth checking out!)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Joan Jett will be fun to see.

For us, Saturday is the real lure...PJ, Garbage, Adam Ant, Ludacris (if you haven't seen a live hiphop show, it is worth checking out!)
    Yeah, I plan on checking out as many bands as I can. I'll probably see Ludacris and TI
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892

There definitely needs to be a meet up! I don't know the area either but if somebody knows a place - I'm in!
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    Just listened to Lost Dogs and was thinking how cool it would be to get a performance of Gremmie Out Of Control with Brendan O'Brien. Here's to hoping.
  • Options
    Just listened to Lost Dogs and was thinking how cool it would be to get a performance of Gremmie Out Of Control with Brendan O'Brien. Here's to hoping.
    Does Brendan still have a studio there?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I'm going both nights. I'm flying in on Friday. My plane lands at 12:30 p.m. Plenty of time to check into the hotel and head to the festival.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    LukinFan wrote:

Don't think so, Southern Tracks closed.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

Don't think so, Southern Tracks closed.
    That's what I was thinking. I could be completely wrong, but I thought I read some where that his new studio is in LA
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:

Yeah Southern Tracks did shut its doors. But, he was around here for so long, here's to hoping he's in town come September.
  • Options
    Is there anything cool and big enough/nearby, say within close walking distance for those of us who may be slightly inebriated? Let's just dub THAT the pre-show hangout spot...
    riotgrl wrote:

There definitely needs to be a meet up! I don't know the area either but if somebody knows a place - I'm in!
    "Does anybody remember laughter?" - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"(Live '77)
  • Options
    I found it. Flip Flops on Crescent Ave. is where my boys and I will be hanging for the after-show parties. Looks like a pretty sweet hangout (check it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flip-Flop ... 2413222539), and open until 2:30AM both Friday and Saturday nights.

In another one of my posts, Crescent Ave. in general was suggested as a hot spot (and very close to the festival as well), so that will probably be where everyone flocks to.
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    LukinFan wrote:

He's still around.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    I found it. Flip Flops on Crescent Ave. is where my boys and I will be hanging for the after-show parties. Looks like a pretty sweet hangout (check it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flip-Flop ... 2413222539), and open until 2:30AM both Friday and Saturday nights.

In another one of my posts, Crescent Ave. in general was suggested as a hot spot (and very close to the festival as well), so that will probably be where everyone flocks to.

Count me in - I'll be there pre-show as well, if anyone else is interested.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    riotgrl wrote:

Count me in - I'll be there pre-show as well, if anyone else is interested.

I'll be travelling to Atlanta from Miami for this show. I can't believe it's been four years since I last saw PJ in concert and now I get a chance to relish in their goodness! Not too familiar with the Atlanta area, so I'm doing some homework now, but would mostly appreciate any tips/suggestions for laidback stuff in the area (I'll be staying in Virginia Highlands). I'm looking for info on dive bars, local music, local brews, trees, etc... Many thanks for any and all recommendations! (Feel free to send me a private message with any info.)

- L.
  • Options
    glbglb Posts: 356
    edited August 2012

I would not recommend Flip Flops personally. I guess it's fun for some people, obviously. Too many people trying to be too cool for me. Crescent Ave has several bars on them. Not an area I normally go hang out at, as I'm not really in the "Party Bar" scene. I prefer to sit and drink good beers. :lol: So my knowledge of this area is limited. Front Page News has a nice patio and Ri Ra is a big Irish Bar.

If you want a good beer, Cypress Street Pint and Plate isn't too far away. Vortex and Taco Mac are a bit closer though.
    Post edited by glb on
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • Options
    glbglb Posts: 356
    Not too familiar with the Atlanta area, so I'm doing some homework now, but would mostly appreciate any tips/suggestions for laidback stuff in the area (I'll be staying in Virginia Highlands). I'm looking for info on dive bars, local music, local brews, trees, etc... Many thanks for any and all recommendations! (Feel free to send me a private message with any info.)

The Family Dog has a good beer selection. It's at the far North end of the Highlands. If you like Karaoke, hit up the 10 spot. Smith's Old Bar has music going on about every night. The Porter Beer Bar in Little Five has a great beer selection. The Book House Pub on Ponce is pretty good too.
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • Options
    Sounds like we may have to venture around Crescent Ave a little bit! Thanks to all for the good info...will be looking for other Jammers to share pitchers and shots with! :D :twisted: :crazy: :lol:
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    glb wrote:

If you want a good beer, Cypress Street Pint and Plate isn't too far away. Vortex and Taco Mac are a bit closer though.
    I love Cypress St. They have geat beer and really good people work there. When i've had food it has been good too.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    FroDawgFroDawg Posts: 11
    glb wrote:
    Not too familiar with the Atlanta area, so I'm doing some homework now, but would mostly appreciate any tips/suggestions for laidback stuff in the area (I'll be staying in Virginia Highlands). I'm looking for info on dive bars, local music, local brews, trees, etc... Many thanks for any and all recommendations! (Feel free to send me a private message with any info.)

The Family Dog has a good beer selection. It's at the far North end of the Highlands. If you like Karaoke, hit up the 10 spot. Smith's Old Bar has music going on about every night. The Porter Beer Bar in Little Five has a great beer selection. The Book House Pub on Ponce is pretty good too.

These are all great recs. the chef/owner of the Family Dog also has a great restaurant across the street called Rosebud (yes, named for Jerry's guitar). Also The Brick Store in Decatur, right next to Eddie's Attic, has an awesome beer selection. Mary Mac's Cafe serves original Southern style cookin and is great for lunch (inexpensive). Finally, if it hasn't been mentioned, The Varsity is an ATL institution but be ready to order when it's your turn. (I rec a cheese steak (actually its a hamburger) with pimento cheese, a couple of chili dawgs in the garden (hot dogs, chili, covered in slaw), an FO (frosted orange, kind of like a slushy), fries, onion rings and a fried peach pie (which is for one). Have Tums, Rolaids and an acid reducer for desert and you'll be good to go for MM! Fun fact: The Greasy V serves more Coca Cola than any other single location restaurant in the world on a daily basis. One other: The Vortex. Original dive in ATL, best hamburger for as long as awards have been given.
    Fro
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Getting closer :D
    My butt itches!