Options

Pearl Jam to Perform at Midtown Music 2012

Comments

• Options
    Roll Tide PJRoll Tide PJ Columbus, OH Posts: 27
    Gang, I moved out of the South and regrettablely can not attend this festival now. I have two weekend passes I would like to help someone with. $175 for both which is below face and excludes all those TM fees (weekend GA passes). Please let me know if you need tix. Thanks.
    1998- Birmingham, AL 2011- East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20) 2013- Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field) 2014- Cincinnati, OH
  • Options
    Gang, I moved out of the South and regrettablely can not attend this festival now. I have two weekend passes I would like to help someone with. $175 for both which is below face and excludes all those TM fees (weekend GA passes). Please let me know if you need tix. Thanks.

I wish I saw this yesterday. I just bought two for Sat night only for $140. I have some friends that might be interested, though. I'll pass on the info.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    DURP wrote:
    Getting closer :D

:thumbup:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Anyone else staying at the Melia Atlanta? I'm making the trip from Charleston, SC on my own, so I'd love to meet some other fans while I'm there.
    -Elizabeth
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Anyone else staying at the Melia Atlanta? I'm making the trip from Charleston, SC on my own, so I'd love to meet some other fans while I'm there.
    I'll be staying there :wave: I'll be getting in on Thursday afternoon sometime
  • Options

I won't get there until Saturday. I'm planning to walk to and from the park, which is not the greatest idea in downtown Atlanta, but it would be awesome to have a walking buddy (or two or three or four...).
    -Elizabeth
  • Options

I won't get there until Saturday. I'm planning to walk to and from the park, which is not the greatest idea in downtown Atlanta, but it would be awesome to have a walking buddy (or two or three or four...).

Probably not the smartest idea but it's a fabulous one. And I'm sure there will be others doing the same exact thing
  • Options
    Really thinking for do the long trip to ATL from Lima, Peru.

Foo & PJ plus Garbage, Joan Jett and Adam Ant (dont think dont smoke....hehehehhe) good line up for me.

Some question for the locals: theres an airport metro station to downtown??? safe return home AM time and only cab to go backdowntown?
    txs for your advice
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    GTHobbesGTHobbes Posts: 128
    Really thinking for do the long trip to ATL from Lima, Peru.

Foo & PJ plus Garbage, Joan Jett and Adam Ant (dont think dont smoke....hehehehhe) good line up for me.

Some question for the locals: theres an airport metro station to downtown??? safe return home AM time and only cab to go backdowntown?
    txs for your advice

Pretty cool that you're thinking of making the trip here from Peru. Not sure I understand your question, but yes, MARTA is the subway-type transportation that runs from the airport through downtown. Here's their website, and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

http://www.itsmarta.com/
  • Options
    JoshoeuhJoshoeuh Posts: 167
    The MARTA is completely foreign to me. I've been trying to find information on my travel options from hotel to concert and back, but I must not be as smart as I thought I was because I'm still as confused as I was before starting.

I am staying at a Residence Inn at 1365 Peachtree Street. Someone with some knowledge, what is my safest/most convenient travel option? If it's the MARTA, where should I look to get on and off? That map confuses the hell out of me to look at.
    Columbus 2010 - Atlanta 2012 - Charlotte 2013
  • Options
    GTHobbesGTHobbes Posts: 128
    Joshoeuh wrote:
    The MARTA is completely foreign to me. I've been trying to find information on my travel options from hotel to concert and back, but I must not be as smart as I thought I was because I'm still as confused as I was before starting.

I am staying at a Residence Inn at 1365 Peachtree Street. Someone with some knowledge, what is my safest/most convenient travel option? If it's the MARTA, where should I look to get on and off? That map confuses the hell out of me to look at.

A cab's going to be your best bet, with where you're staying.
  • Options
    Official Countdown! :mrgreen:

31dbbb_starburst_300px.jpg
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Joshoeuh wrote:

Marta is not an option for you. It runs west of where you're staying. Piedmont Park is a couple of blocks east of you. I suggest you walk, 10 -15 minutes at most. Just go south down Peachtree then turn left onto 14th Street straight into the Park. The streets are well lit and will have lots of people going to/from the festival. I will be parking/walking not far from there.

Doug
    Decatur, Georgia
  • Options
    vc23vc23 Posts: 28
    Me and three friends are also staying at the Melia. We plan on walking to the venue both Friday and Saturday. You are more than welcome to join us.
  • Options
    vc23 wrote:
    Me and three friends are also staying at the Melia. We plan on walking to the venue both Friday and Saturday. You are more than welcome to join us.
    :wave: Fabulous! More walking partners :D

When are you arriving to Atlanta?
  • Options
    Who all is going to the Foos on Friday night?
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Me! :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    JoshoeuhJoshoeuh Posts: 167
    napsmears wrote:
    Joshoeuh wrote:

Marta is not an option for you. It runs west of where you're staying. Piedmont Park is a couple of blocks east of you. I suggest you walk, 10 -15 minutes at most. Just go south down Peachtree then turn left onto 14th Street straight into the Park. The streets are well lit and will have lots of people going to/from the festival. I will be parking/walking not far from there.

Doug
    Decatur, Georgia

Sounds good. Thanks for the help.
    Columbus 2010 - Atlanta 2012 - Charlotte 2013
  • Options
    I'll stay at the Best Western Plus at the Peachtrees, would be nice to hang around with some of you.
    I'm arriving on friday morning and bought only saturday tickets, so I'll be plenty of time for some sightseeing,wouldn't mind some company :)
    (oh my, the looong awaited date is getting closer, yay!)
  • Options

Definitely me! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    FrankieG wrote:

hell yeah - and the Avett Brothers! - and I think Joan Jett is playing Friday, as well.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

hell yeah - and the Avett Brothers! - and I think Joan Jett is playing Friday, as well.

Fabulous! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I found it. Flip Flops on Crescent Ave. is where my boys and I will be hanging for the after-show parties. Looks like a pretty sweet hangout (check it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flip-Flop ... 2413222539), and open until 2:30AM both Friday and Saturday nights.

In another one of my posts, Crescent Ave. in general was suggested as a hot spot (and very close to the festival as well), so that will probably be where everyone flocks to.

Don't go to Flip Flops. It's owned by that dude, Ace, who was on MTV Real World several years ago. It's a bunch of drunk fratties and underage girls who can barely stand. Unless that's your cup of tea...

All the other ATLiens have mentioned the good places. Midtown and VA Highlands are the two entertainment districst that are close to Piedmont Park. They basically book-end the park on the east and west sides. Where to go (most have been mentioned, so I'm just reinforcing):

Midtown:

1. Vortex - best burgers in the world (one of the few restaurants in existence that still allow smoking inside--you've been warned), and huge beer selection
    2. Cypress Street Pint & Plate
    3. Engine No. 9 - in an old firehouse
    4. Publik House - next to the Fox Theatre...you've all heard of that place
    5. Proof & Provision - kind of a speak-easy
    6. The Nook - right next to Piedmont Park, so probably won't even be accessible or will be slammed
    7. Front Page News - cajun food, tons of beers...It's on Crescent Avenue, unfortunately, which is the "club" district of Midtown
    8. Tin Lizzy's Cantina - also on Crescent, but have a million different tacos and good drinks

VA Highlands:

1. Highland Tap - good basement dive bar...smokey but good food
    2. Dark Horse/10 High - the latter is in the basement and has live bands, and Friday nights they have metalsome karaoke....sing karaoke on stage with a live rock band
    3. There's really 8-10 bars in this area all next to each other
    4. Clermont Lounge - in the basement of the foreclosed Clermont Lodge on Ponce...yes, it's a strip club, but the women are all about 60 years old and fat...only canned beers--no drafts or bottles...it's totally shitty, and the dacers are absolutely disgusting, which is why it's fun...it's a novelty, but fun
    5. The Local

This is only my first or second post ever on here, for some reason. But at least I feel like I can offer something on an ATL thread. As far as a place for a pre-party, it depends on how many people would go. You'll want to be away from the park on Friday, since the Foo Fighters will be there and it will be crowded. Marlows Tavern is pretty big and could squeeze in quite a few people...
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    Anyone else staying at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis?

For the locals, what would be the best way to get to the show? Taxi?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Anyone else staying at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis?

For the locals, what would be the best way to get to the show? Taxi?

I was told that taking the Marta would be the best bet as far as price wise and there's a station about a block or so away from the park.
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180

Me
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:

Me

where are you staying?
  • Options
    DURP wrote:

Me

where are you staying?

A friend rented a house across from piedmont. I was going to stay at the W midtown but now my cousin is taking that room off my hands. If you want to meet up for Foo's i can PM you my cell number and you can get ahold of me. My brother is coming he is super excited.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Under a month :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Is the Star Community Bar still a cool place?

I went to ATL in 1998 to see PJ, and I saw an amazing band called "Truckadelic" at the Star Bar.