*** Copenhagen Fanviews Here 7/10/12 ***

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Spags wrote:
    :):D

Loved Baba both times, but Copenhagen was best.
    i like the Dam 2 one.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Spags wrote:
    :):D

Loved Baba both times, but Copenhagen was best.
    i like the Dam 2 one.. :D
    Nope, Berlin 2 was the best. And you know why? Because I was there! 8-):lol:
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • WhaleyWhaley Netherlands Posts: 24
    Thanks aennil, dimitris and wolf!

I was a bit concerned about the floor being quite slippery but it was all great for me.. queue around the corner (almost up to "The Munchies") didn't bother me at all. We all got in before the people without wristbands so having 10C tickets was still a big plus.
    Whaley wrote:
    Thanks aennil, dimitris and wolf!

I was a bit concerned about the floor being quite slippery but it was all great for me.. queue around the corner (almost up to "The Munchies") didn't bother me at all. We all got in before the people without wristbands so having 10C tickets was still a big plus.
    i was in the end of 10c line..went in,see the merch table...and even after that,i was at the barrier..all cool.. 8-)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    CharlieP wrote:
    I feel like I should give everybody from foreign countries, who attended the show in Copenhagen, a sincere apology on behalf of Denmark.

I´m not an expert in logistics or in charge of how to run a venue and handle this many people, but it was embarrasing to find soda/beer prices sky high when you had to wait in line for almost an hour to get anything. Also it was impossible to go to the bathroom. I saw a foreign girl who had simply pissed her pants because she couldn´t get out in time. I remember the look on her face.

Also the waiting line outside berfore the show was like 3000 meters long and once you got inside, the heat was unberable and one was in constant lack of fresh air.
    Add to this that if you wanted to go outside for a few minutes to cool off you couldn´t access the building again with your ticket!

I find it embarrasing that Denmark can´t handle this stuff and I think it´s a shame that foreigners visit our country and have these experiences :fp:
    u dont have to say that...dont apologize cos of how was some things at a venue..
    we had a great time at your country..lovely country with lovely people..
    no complains at all..sure the venue was like we was at a sauna...lol.and big lines too.but nothing to do with the lovely country u are from..i love it!!!im sure most of the fans,if not all from foreign countries.

Glad to hear you still had a great time Dimi!

I just really want visitors to feel welcome in our country and it seems like you had a great time after all so all cool :)

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

And the greatest part of the evening was meeting our one and only...Mr Eddie Vedder!

What a great guy :o :shock: :shock:

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    actually, there were some sort of fans during the concert...I know I felt some air coming in.

The venue was hot and sweaty as hell, but I don't really mind, it's what a rock show should be like to me. Also, I really liked the fact that there were no seats as such, and that the place was pretty small. Security was a bit slow in giving out water, but they were nice and friendly and reliable, which is more important (looking at you, grumpy bastards in Berlin that took ages to see someone had to be taken out).

This one's definitely up there with Amsterdam2 and Berlin2 for my tour top three. What a way to end it all...would've loved to meet Eddie as well, but we were just too wet and cold and there were too many people we needed to see again and say goodbye...maybe next time. But I got my sign on stage, so I could express my gratitude via that. :) Very glad everyone's been having these awesome encounters with band members, and that they've all proved to be such nice people.
    CharlieP wrote:
    CharlieP wrote:
    I feel like I should give everybody from foreign countries, who attended the show in Copenhagen, a sincere apology on behalf of Denmark.

I´m not an expert in logistics or in charge of how to run a venue and handle this many people, but it was embarrasing to find soda/beer prices sky high when you had to wait in line for almost an hour to get anything. Also it was impossible to go to the bathroom. I saw a foreign girl who had simply pissed her pants because she couldn´t get out in time. I remember the look on her face.

Also the waiting line outside berfore the show was like 3000 meters long and once you got inside, the heat was unberable and one was in constant lack of fresh air.
    Add to this that if you wanted to go outside for a few minutes to cool off you couldn´t access the building again with your ticket!

I find it embarrasing that Denmark can´t handle this stuff and I think it´s a shame that foreigners visit our country and have these experiences :fp:
    u dont have to say that...dont apologize cos of how was some things at a venue..
    we had a great time at your country..lovely country with lovely people..
    no complains at all..sure the venue was like we was at a sauna...lol.and big lines too.but nothing to do with the lovely country u are from..i love it!!!im sure most of the fans,if not all from foreign countries.

Glad to hear you still had a great time Dimi!

I just really want visitors to feel welcome in our country and it seems like you had a great time after all so all cool :)
    the best part was the boat tour :mrgreen:
    Nice! Copenhagen boat tours rock! :mrgreen:

• Just posted Yellow Ledbetter from Copenhagen on YouTube.

Lights were on for the last couple of songs which gives a wrong impression of the show but is good for the video quality...

http://youtu.be/jTUSZaD22jc

Enjoy
    Copenhagen 2007 / Copenhagen 2012 / Amsterdam 1 2014.
  • bertolabertola Sardinia Island , Italy Posts: 41
    you know guys what is their greatness ; not the hot shows , nor the amazing set lists , nor the sweat , nor the the great audiences......we all know all these things . But , by my personal side , the greatest was to meet Mike; Jeff and Stone buying a juice , a snack , at the Copenhagen Airport .....as normal passengers , as normal persons that you meet every day in every city airport ; no body guards , no big stars movings , no studiedposes , but always ready to sign an autograph or say hello and smile to evry fan they met . These guys counted 15.000 people at every show , and if they have been using bigger arenas , maybe more people could attend to the shows . Maybe they are not great rock stars ( but they are !!!!!!!) but they are great great great persons .
    This impressed me more than anything .
    This gave me a great emotion.
    This made me feel pride to be a part of their huge family of fans .
    Hope to see you soon , very soon.
    Thanks for all.
    Thanks.
    Andrea
    bertola wrote:
    you know guys what is their greatness ; not the hot shows , nor the amazing set lists , nor the sweat , nor the the great audiences......we all know all these things . But , by my personal side , the greatest was to meet Mike; Jeff and Stone buying a juice , a snack , at the Copenhagen Airport .....as normal passengers , as normal persons that you meet every day in every city airport ; no body guards , no big stars movings , no studiedposes , but always ready to sign an autograph or say hello and smile to evry fan they met . These guys counted 15.000 people at every show , and if they have been using bigger arenas , maybe more people could attend to the shows . Maybe they are not great rock stars ( but they are !!!!!!!) but they are great great great persons .
    Thanks for all.
    Thanks.
    Andrea

That is so awesome!! I need to meet the rest of the band too :shock:

• KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    bertola wrote:
    Thanks for all.
    Thanks.
    Andrea

wholeheartedly agree. they seem genuinely interested in the people they meet. mike took a train from prague to berlin, who else does that?! :D
    btw,why was like sauna at the venue???good i was at the rail and the security gave us alot of water..
  • Don't know why it's always so hot. In 2007 it was significantly worse. I was a few meters from the rail (where the video is shot from) and no water reached us. They sold no water after the concert, McD at the railway station was sold out of water, 7 Eleven was closed(!) and there were no sales on the train. Had a drink when I got home at 4.45. Nice.
    Don't know why it's always so hot. In 2007 it was significantly worse. I was a few meters from the rail (where the video is shot from) and no water reached us. They sold no water after the concert, McD at the railway station was sold out of water, 7 Eleven was closed(!) and there were no sales on the train. Had a drink when I got home at 4.45. Nice.
    oh boy....
    really i was at the rail,and pass water all the time on my back..but i was at the mike side at the end..
    atleast u get safe with no problems..
  • It was all worth it :-)
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    We ended up heading into a sports bar for water and a beer...just as some locals were staggering out. They kept asking my wife if she was OK, since she was talking to a sweat monster rock fan...I was praying there would be no fighting as I had no energy left :lol:

All was fine since the people in Copenhagen were very nice indeed :D
    Nature drunk and High
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    CharlieP wrote:

Nothing of the kind.

I liked Copenhagen best out of the 3 Scandinavian stops. We'd just come over from Oslo and Copenhagen is most definitely cheaper. It didn't take that long, really. People mention the long line... well, I had a great time drinking my way from the front to the back, lots of peeps saying hi. I can't even remember where my first beer came from, just people getting ready to go in and knowing they can't take the cans inside, so handing them to me. I love yas all.

I remembered the heat from 07. Braced meself for it. Time came when I felt, eh fuck it, I'm feeling it's the usual Alive/YL final punch, grabbed my great friend Dave, hey Dave, lets fuck off to the back and have beers. Didn't even have to say it out loud, looked each other in the eye and off we went.

For future reference, guys, I generally hang Mike side of the sound desk after the show, or on the middle of the floor. Need post-gig drinks? I ALWAYS know where to go :)
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • aennilaennil Posts: 415
    Hinn wrote:
    For future reference, guys, I generally hang Mike side of the sound desk after the show, or on the middle of the floor. Need post-gig drinks? I ALWAYS know where to go :)

i'll bear that in mind 'till next time :D
  • bertolabertola Sardinia Island , Italy Posts: 41
    Big Ups to the Copenhagen Security ...for the water ,
    Huge Ups to Eddie ......for the glass of wine !!!!!!!!!!!
    water is to the flowers , wine is to the humans !!!!!!!
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Great show to end the tour - the heat was unbearable. I kept thinking at various points during the gig "I don't think I've got anything left to give", then something would happen and I'd be jumping up and down again. Was thoroughly exhausted by the end of the night - wish I'd hung around to meet Eddie, but at the same time the most uncomfortable bed in the world was calling me! :lol:

Spent another couple of days in Copenhagen afterwards and it's a beautiful place, felt really at home there! Would love to spend a decent amount of time there in the future.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
    strummers wrote:
    Great show to end the tour - the heat was unbearable. I kept thinking at various points during the gig "I don't think I've got anything left to give", then something would happen and I'd be jumping up and down again. Was thoroughly exhausted by the end of the night - wish I'd hung around to meet Eddie, but at the same time the most uncomfortable bed in the world was calling me! :lol:

Spent another couple of days in Copenhagen afterwards and it's a beautiful place, felt really at home there! Would love to spend a decent amount of time there in the future.
    u went boat tour? :D
    strummers wrote:

We did - the day after the gig! :D

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
    strummers wrote:
    strummers wrote:

We did - the day after the gig! :D
    same here..to bad we didnt meet
    same here..to bad we didnt meet

Next time.... :D

• aennilaennil Posts: 415
    it is wrong to want to buy both the cd and the digital version of this concert?
    -i really can't wait until i receive the cd to hear it!
  • aennil wrote:
    it is wrong to want to buy both the cd and the digital version of this concert?
    -i really can't wait until i receive the cd to hear it!

Considering the price I think that makes a lot of sense. I always double purchase when new albums are out...
  • RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    strummers wrote:

Great to hear you had a great time i Copenhagen. And I know that most of my fellow Copenhagen'ers do What we Can to make everybody feel home here!
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.