amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,934
    Some snaps from an unforgettable evening.

pearljammanch2jefflook.jpg

jeffwave.jpg

pearljammanch2bw.jpg

pearljammanch2mikebw.jpg

pearljammanch2ed.jpg

pearljammanchnight2.jpg

Larger size pics here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/spagmaster ... otostream/
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    Fabricio wrote:
    I'll tell you this: Present Tense was unforgettable.

Very true. Is the fan who got Mike's shirt at the end here?

Oh yes I'm here!!! :)
    What a show! Great energy in the first row. Right in front of Mike, with a constant contact, a few emotional songs for me, perfect setlist, a couple of picks, Ed's wine and then Mike gets down off the stage onto a little platform, gives a girl next to me the setlist and then takes his T-shirt off, rolls it so that nobody snatches it and places it into my hands!!! Total shock! :)
    I've never thought any show would top Marseiile for me. Well, I was wrong!
    The T-shirt is going to get framed and put up on a wall in my house!!!
    Now packed again and ready for an early morning flight... See you in Amsterdam!!! :)
  • Options
    GilbertoGilberto Posts: 30
    Been trying to leave a message on here since Thursday but had trouble posting for some reason :x - all seems sorted now thankfully :) .

I thought the first night had been a great gig, and outdid the '09 show by some way but Thursday's was absolutely incredible!!! Couldn't believe they played 48 different tunes over the two nights, I was only expecting maybe 40. The band seemed on fire and so tight for the first 2 nights of the tour, just wish I was following them for the rest of Europe now - isn't that always the way after a show tho ;) !

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as myself, my bro and a mate - particularly the Italian guy we met in the Moon under the Water who had been waiting 18 years to finally catch them, not a bad first gig eh?!

Even managed to find a couple of bars playing PJ after the show, Norwegian Blue was awesome with some serious crowd interaction with PJ blasting - good work to everyone who found their way in there!!!
  • Options
    sfearllsfearll Posts: 16
    great show, like seeing them in a really large club. good energy all around, and they played most of my favorite songs! it was my husband's 50th birthday, and we had our 10-yr-old god-daughter with us, her first rock & roll show. one of the top 2 or 3 PJ shows we've seen!
    10/28/2000 San Bernardino (11th row, thanx TenClub!)
    6/2/2003 Irvine
    11/7/2006 Sydney
    7/2008 VH1 Honors
    9/30/2009 Los Angeles
    10/7/2009 Los Angeles
    9/25/2011 Vancouver
    6/21/2012 Manchester
    7/19/2013 Wrigley Field
    11/23/2013 Los Angeles
    10/25/2014 Bridge School Benefit
    4/16/2016 Greenville SC
    4/18/2016 Hampton VA
    4/20/2016 Raleigh
    4/21/2016 Columbia SC
    5/5/2016 Quebec City
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Not a 'review' just my enlongated thoughts and musings.
    There are three parts covering Manchester -
    http://abreathandascream.blogspot.co.uk/
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 364
    dottles wrote:

Great read, thanks - I'm totally up for a 10c gig at Eden, been wishing for that one for some time!
    I remember Ed mentioning 'Pete from Cornwall' at Wembley '07, glad to see he's still with them and he always gets a cheer from our small group that are in attendance :)
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    dottles wrote:

Nice read Leanne, hope you're feeling much better now and enjoy the rest of your tour... :D

Oh and the Eden Project looks amazing, it's an odd looking venue butI think PJ would love it there. Campaign for next year I think!! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    BerasapjBerasapj Posts: 292
    After spending some days remenbering and internalizing what happened and what I've seem, I've got to say that it was better than what I expected. I was expecting of finding some nice fans and having a great concert but I found some incredibly nice people and a super awesome concerts. Both nights are memorable, listening to release live for the first time gave me the hugest goosebump I've never had and what happened after release was awesome a greatest hits setlist, is the best way to have your first concert. And the second night was even more awesome, I was in the second row thanks to a very nice PJ fan (Well first night I got better tickets for FREE thans to another PJ fan) I was just in front of Mike ( He even saluted me and I salute him back, that made me remind of Dimitri, which is weird cause I don't even know him :lol: ) the set list of this second show was awesome too and being part of the night were a song debuted live for the first time is more than what I expected.

Waiting for the next tour in europe so I can see PJ and the Jammily again

Thanks to the band and the people I've met for those amazing days

Cheers!
    Manchester 1&2 2012

Waiting for the next PJ euro Tour

Hoping not to get drown in the wave of life
  • Options
    Johnny AggroJohnny Aggro Posts: 543
    Have to agree with Veddertown re Even Flow. Mike just was on fire. I was up front jsut to his left and he is totally into it!

Can't wait for tomorrow night!

PS: Boooo to Sky Arts for A, showing only three songs and B, calling Yellow Ledbetter little Wing. (this was either an idiot or someone being a bit of a Jeremy Hunt!)
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    Only my third show but I got 15 new songs, unreal!

Absolutely loved this show, so glad to hear everyone else enjoyed it just as much. :D
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Great read thanks for sharing. I visted the Imperial War Museum too on the Tursday morning and found it really interesting. I would recommend it to anyone when they are next visitng Mancs.

Get Well soon!
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    tidus10xtidus10x UK Posts: 119
    We enjoyed both nights for different reasons :

Night1 : Fantastic seats (Thanks Ten Club!), Eddie's amazing vocal on opener Release, the fantastically angry 1/2 Full and the party feel for Rockin' In the Free World.
    Night2 : The setlist was off the chart, The high energy opening 3 tracks, Go, Animal, and Hail Hail. The gems, Off he goes, Daughter/WMA,Deep, Present Tense, Sonic Reducer and the oh my god, really, track, Hitchhiker.

Just to top it all off on the Thursday afternoon before night 2 I MET MIKE MCCREADY in Vinyl Exchange in Manachester. I shook his hand and we had a chat about his prowess on night 1 at throwing picks far out in the crowd. He was such a nice guy.
  • Options
    Johnny AggroJohnny Aggro Posts: 543
    tidus10x wrote:

Night1 : Fantastic seats (Thanks Ten Club!), Eddie's amazing vocal on opener Release, the fantastically angry 1/2 Full and the party feel for Rockin' In the Free World.
    Night2 : The setlist was off the chart, The high energy opening 3 tracks, Go, Animal, and Hail Hail. The gems, Off he goes, Daughter/WMA,Deep, Present Tense, Sonic Reducer and the oh my god, really, track, Hitchhiker.

Just to top it all off on the Thursday afternoon before night 2 I MET MIKE MCCREADY in Vinyl Exchange in Manachester. I shook his hand and we had a chat about his prowess on night 1 at throwing picks far out in the crowd. He was such a nice guy.

+1

Met him in 2010 and just really chilled out. Chatting for ages. Really nice fella!
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 438
    alexross42 wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Great read, thanks - I'm totally up for a 10c gig at Eden, been wishing for that one for some time!
    I remember Ed mentioning 'Pete from Cornwall' at Wembley '07, glad to see he's still with them and he always gets a cheer from our small group that are in attendance :)

Yeah it's cool, that PJ still has that small link with Cornwall... And we certainly gave him another shout out! Was great to spend some time with you over the 2 days bud!
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,389
    Despite Eddie screwing up the words, this version of Rearviewmirror absolutely blew the roof off the place. Never heard anything like it; the crowd erupted for the first notes, and then exploded after the jam when it kicked back in. I got major goosbumps!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    CornishMan wrote:
    alexross42 wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Yeah it's cool, that PJ still has that small link with Cornwall... And we certainly gave him another shout out! Was great to spend some time with you over the 2 days bud!

hurrah for a Cornish collective :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words on my blogs, very much appreciated :oops: - mwah!
  • Options
    GilbertoGilberto Posts: 30
    tidus10x wrote:

Just to top it all off on th Thurn before night 2 I MET MIKE MCCREADY in Viny in Manachester. I shook his hand and we had a chat about his prowess on night 1 at throwing picks far out in the crowd. He was such a nice guy.

Aaaarrrgggghhhhh - dammit. Spent an hour in there Thursday, that's bad timing cos it would've been incredible to meet him in person. Would've been worried about shaking his hand tho and wrecking those fingers mind you!!! :lol:
  • Options
    motorcademotorcade Posts: 108
    dottles wrote:
    CornishMan wrote:
    alexross42 wrote:
    dottles wrote:

hurrah for a Cornish collective :D

Yay for us! Block 115 had a little piece of Cornwall in it too :D

Would love to see a PJ/EV show at Eden. Going there on Sunday to see Frank Turner/Bellowhead, great venue, hope the rain keeps off.

Sorry that we didn't get to meet Leanne...my fault entirely...made it to the Old Wellington on Thursday evening, but place was packed, making it difficult to locate anyone. Hope you're feeling better now?
    I changed by not changing at all, small town predicts my fate...

Dublin, 23-08-06; London, 18-06-07; London, 18-08-09; London, 25-06-10; Manchester, 20-06-12; Manchester, 21-06-12; EV London, 30-07-12; EV London, 31-07-12
  • Options
    CrookedTomCrookedTom Posts: 252
    Great concert yet again by the boys.

It wasn't all perfect though for me. Was in the seats, block 114 lower tier, decent seats. Thought the sound/mix was horrible. Couldn't hear the drums, it was all a wash of noise for me. I just concentrated on going along with the atmosphere.

Setlist wise, pretty sweet. Could of done without Save You Life Wasted & Inside Job (none of those do anything for me)

Great versions of Off He Goes, Present Tense and Hail Hail though.
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,389
    CrookedTom wrote:
    Great concert yet again by the boys.

It wasn't all perfect though for me. Was in the seats, block 114 lower tier, decent seats. Thought the sound/mix was horrible. Couldn't hear the drums, it was all a wash of noise for me. I just concentrated on going along with the atmosphere.

Setlist wise, pretty sweet. Could of done without Save You Life Wasted & Inside Job (none of those do anything for me)

Great versions of Off He Goes, Present Tense and Hail Hail though.

That's odd you say that because my girlfriend and I were in block 114 too, Row M seats 4 and 5. We thought the sound was fantastic; we could hear Ed's vocals nice and clear and all the other instruments seemed fine.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    Ed complained about the sound there in 2009, the night after at the o2.

I have seen PJ at the MCR Arena three times now and it has been excellent on each occasion.

Same goes for the crowd, so I wasn't sure why Ed was so anti the first night's crowd on the second. Perhaps it was a case of a more subtle 'You're the best crowd ever!' cliche that so many singers reel out to get the crowd going.
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 438
    motorcade wrote:

Would love to see a PJ/EV show at Eden. Going there on Sunday to see Frank Turner/Bellowhead, great venue, hope the rain keeps off.

Great that there was a Cornish contingent! :D Can only dream about a show at the Eden Project... that would be something else!

Would be a nightmare to get tickets for though... especially with the new 10C ticket lottery and such a small venue. Everyone would want to go because of the uniqueness of the venue, and the Cornish people would probably end up shut out!
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    CornishMan wrote:
    motorcade wrote:

Great that there was a Cornish contingent! :D Can only dream about a show at the Eden Project... that would be something else!

Would be a nightmare to get tickets for though... especially with the new 10C ticket lottery and such a small venue. Everyone would want to go because of the uniqueness of the venue, and the Cornish people would probably end up shut out!

So what if the Cornish people didn't get tickets?

We're all 10C members and have the same entitlement regardless of locality - that's the point of being a member, isn't it?!
  • Options
    pearlaaapearlaaa Posts: 39
    Unforgettable gig!!! what a band<3
    Manchester II 2012
    Manchester I 2012
    London Hyde Park 2010
    Belfast 2010
    London O2 2009
    Chorzow 2007
  • Options
    Both nights were awesome. Two fantastic setlists and great variety.

Just wish they played Breath! :shock:
  • Options
    Olivavu wrote:
    CornishMan wrote:
    motorcade wrote:

So what if the Cornish people didn't get tickets?

We're all 10C members and have the same entitlement regardless of locality - that's the point of being a member, isn't it?!

It think it was meant in the spirit that bands don't often play this part of the country and travelling to other parts of the country is long, expensive and labourious, as it is for people who live in Scotland etc. (My Manchester trip took 9 hours each way and cost £160)

To be honest, I very much doubt that any Cornish based fans would miss out, other 10C members would have spares and would be open to plight of local fans...plus we can bribe people with pasties, cream teas and cider...or just use local connections to get in the door ;)
  • Options
    I'm just going to say Manchester night 2 was the greatest concert of my entire life.
  • Options
    pacpac Posts: 85
    edited June 2012
    After that first day, i was expecting a completely different setlist... and completely different it was! got standing tickets thanks to a fellow 10 clubber Fabricio and got in the arena right after the early entry 10clubbers, so i got a good spot, about 5mtrs from the stage, which was awesome.

There were some dickheads in the audience that were hurting people around me that just wanted to enjoy the concert, but oh well, if only the security would care :roll:

Loved Deep (so intense), Not for you, inside job was great and i went crazy with Sonic reducer... got some pretty good pics as well of all the band lined up singing at the same time... it was great.

After two AWESOME and UNFORGETTABLE days in Manchester, just felt a little bad for not being able to see Smile, Footsteps, Sad, Breath, Red Mosquito, In my tree, In hiding, and a few more... but they can't play them all, right? Only if there had been a third concert haha

Didn't get to wave my portuguese flag, but there were two girls with a portugal scarf, so it's ok, the band knows that the portuguese jammers were there! :mrgreen:

14b76s.jpg

Next -> Eddie Vedder 30 & 31 of July in London. yeaaaaaaaaahhhhh
    Post edited by pac on