PRAGUE - tips, hints, beers, meet ups... etc ...

Comments

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    IamTom wrote:
    IamTom wrote:
    Hi All,

Can anyone help me with the rail site? I want to train it onto Berlin and have no idea what I'm doing. Is there a way of getting the site in English?

Thanks,Tom
    http://www.bahn.com/i/view/USA/en/index.shtml
    https://www.cd.cz/eshop/default.aspx

both in english..good luck..anything else you need just ask

I need English. Couldn't find anything but native tongue.

Any help with an English version gratefully accepted.

Tom
    Tom, on the top right of the German one, select the drop down to UK/Ireland. The drop down in question should have a flag, not sure what it's defaulting to for you, for me it's USA.

On the Czech site, click on "en" on the top right. It probably has "cz" highlighted when you open it.

I think the German site only does hard tickets while the Czech site does e-tix
  • alesekalesek Posts: 809
    Suziemay wrote:
    IamTom wrote:
    Hi All,

Can anyone help me with the rail site? I want to train it onto Berlin and have no idea what I'm doing. Is there a way of getting the site in English?

Thanks,Tom

I need English. Couldn't find anything but native tongue.

Any help with an English version gratefully accepted.

Tom
    Tom, on the top right of the German one, select the drop down to UK/Ireland. The drop down in question should have a flag, not sure what it's defaulting to for you, for me it's USA.

On the Czech site, click on "en" on the top right. It probably has "cz" highlighted when you open it.

I think the German site only does hard tickets while the Czech site does e-tix[/quote]

sry, absolutely correct, Sue May - https://www.cd.cz/eshop/ - just click on "en" on top right corner to get English ...
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    Can I just say how excited I am for Prague!?
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
    Yes you can :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm super excited too, starting to plan my non-PJ activities now that I'm pretty much set with logistics. More or less.

So did you decide to do Prague --> Copenhagen?
    Suziemay wrote:
    Yes you can :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm super excited too, starting to plan my non-PJ activities now that I'm pretty much set with logistics. More or less.

So did you decide to do Prague --> Copenhagen?

Just doing Prague, Berlin and Copenhagen (though, still no ticket for that show).
    I'll be in London (for Wimbledon finals) in between.

Remember when this tour was SIX+ months away? So close now!
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
    No way. That's awesome! I love watching tennis, was just screaming at my TV earlier today when it looked like both Federer and Djokovic were at risk of not making it through today's matches. Only been to the US Open so far, but one day I'll find my way to the other majors. :)
    Suziemay wrote:
    No way. That's awesome! I love watching tennis, was just screaming at my TV earlier today when it looked like both Federer and Djokovic were at risk of not making it through today's matches. Only been to the US Open so far, but one day I'll find my way to the other majors. :)

:thumbup: :thumbup:

But both of them out today would have been a nice birthday present for Rafa. ;)
  • finkingfinking Posts: 5
    We use http://www.seat61.com quite frequently for ground transport.

Does anyone have 2 extra seats for Prague? My wife and I are going and missed out on the 10c sale. Scrambling to lock in the show!

Is there a hotel everyone is staying at?

Thank you!
    - Brett & Christie
    finking wrote:
    We use http://www.seat61.com quite frequently for ground transport.

Does anyone have 2 extra seats for Prague? My wife and I are going and missed out on the 10c sale. Scrambling to lock in the show!

Is there a hotel everyone is staying at?

Thank you!
    - Brett & Christie

http://www.aplus-hostel.cz/ is a frequently named hostel among 10c ive noticed .... ;)
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Ales..what time is the final??lol
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Ales..what time is the final??lol

:)

20.45 ... :)
  • WookieeWookiee Posts: 3
    alesek wrote:
    Wookiee wrote:
    Can anyone help a fellow PJ fan from Croatia out? I had to wait for my friends to see if they would be able to go to Prague and now that they know they are, I see that most of the tickets have been sold out. Well, there are still a few seats available on 4th floor but it's just impossible for me to go to any rock concert, especially Pearl Jam, and watch it from up above sitting down in a chair like it's a theater play or something. Does anyone have any idea if there are any floor/standing tickets available to buy, anywhere? I've been able to locate some resellers, but I'm not paying some scalper double or triple the price, it's just not cool.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

well from time to time there are tickets poping out on https://www.facebook.com/groups/spares2012/ and also here http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... &start=480 ...

so keep your eyes open.
    Thank you very much, if something turns up and I end in Prague to watch the show, I will definitely look you up and buy you a couple of beers. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Budapest 11/17/1996, Ljubljana 6/19/2000, Zagreb 9/26/2006
  • coach4tlcoach4tl Posts: 143
    I posted this on the PJ Euro tour 2012 Facebook page but didn't want anyone to miss out if there's interest...

For all you peeps getting into Prague a little early I thought I'd throw together a little walking/beer tour on Saturday the 30th. We'll start at Old Town square where I have reservations for lunch and drinks and work our way up to the castle while stopping to see the sights and have some (more) beers along the way. Plans are to finish up at an old monastery brewery with a great view of the whole city.

I'm thinking we meet up at 1:00 in old town and carry on from there. Let me know who's interested and we'll work out a way to get everyone connected. Prague is a small town and I can try to gather up as many of you as possible...

PM me if you want in
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Getting Closer :mrgreen:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    Getting Closer :mrgreen:
    :D:D:D:D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • WickstaWicksta Posts: 100
    coach4tl wrote:
    I posted this on the PJ Euro tour 2012 Facebook page but didn't want anyone to miss out if there's interest...

For all you peeps getting into Prague a little early I thought I'd throw together a little walking/beer tour on Saturday the 30th. We'll start at Old Town square where I have reservations for lunch and drinks and work our way up to the castle while stopping to see the sights and have some (more) beers along the way. Plans are to finish up at an old monastery brewery with a great view of the whole city.

I'm thinking we meet up at 1:00 in old town and carry on from there. Let me know who's interested and we'll work out a way to get everyone connected. Prague is a small town and I can try to gather up as many of you as possible...

PM me if you want in

I'm not arriving in Prague until the night of the 1st so I can't come to this but I hope you all have a great time and I'm sure I'll see some of you around town on the 2nd :-)
    PJ - Sydney 12 Mar 1998 - Sydney 11 & 14 Feb 2003 - Sydney 8 & 18 Nov 2006 - Sydney 22 Nov 2009 - Prague 2 Jul 2012 - Berlin 4 & 5 Jul 2012 - Stockholm 7 Jul 2012 - Copenhagen 10 Jul 2012 - Wrigley 19 Jul 2013 - Gold Coast 19 Jan 2014 - Melbourne 24 Jan 2014 - Sydney 26 Jan 2014 - Adelaide 31 Jan 2014 - Perth 2 Jan 2014 - Amsterdam 16 & 17 Jun 2014 - Milan 20 Jun 2014 - Trieste 22 Jun 2014 - Vienna 25 Jun 2014 - Berlin 26 Jun 2014 - New York City 1 & 2 May 2016 - Seattle 8 & 10 Aug 2018
    EV - Canberra 15 Mar 2011 - Sydney 18 Mar 2011 - Perth 7 & 8 Feb 2014 - Sydney 11,12 & 13 Feb 2014 - Melbourne 19 Feb 2014 - Brisbane 22, 23 & 25 Feb 2014 - London 6 Jun 2017 - Dublin 9 Jun 2017 
    12 days to go! 12!! Days!!

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    hi i am arriving in prague on the 30th and i was wondering if anyone could put me up on their couch just for that night, i have a hostel for the night of the gig and the next night but the only time i can get from amsterdam to prague means i have to arrive on the 30th and my girlfriend doesn't join me until the next day.

thank you,

P.S. count me in for the beer and walking tour :)
    mood_excited.gif
    satansbed wrote:
    hi i am arriving in prague on the 30th and i was wondering if anyone could put me up on their couch just for that night, i have a hostel for the night of the gig and the next night but the only time i can get from amsterdam to prague means i have to arrive on the 30th and my girlfriend doesn't join me until the next day.

thank you,

Will you be wearing the "face paint" :? .................... :fp: ................. :nono:

I hope not .................. :lol:
    What You Giving

• satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    satansbed wrote:

thank you,

Will you be wearing the "face paint" :? .................... :fp: ................. :nono:

Will you be wearing the hat?

i hope so
  • LR68220LR68220 Posts: 4
    anyone else think the first part of the euro tour is way better than the last? cause prague is a fun city and berlin dont seem overly expensive either, but if you go to stockholm, oslo etc sweden show those places look like they are expensive to travel to, especialy if you from north america since the euro is worth more, prague seems cheap from what i read but that better value for the money and prague is more pretty city than the scandanavian ones from what i saw
    the first part is Manchester-Arras
    the second part is Prague-Copenhagen
    prague is the most cheap of all the towns of the tour,berlin follows..
    Scandinavia is the most expnsive of all,same as uk,cos of pounds than euros.

they should of cancelled sweden, norway, and denmark and played spain portugal italy instead but whatever prague amsterdam berlin is gonna be sick

quoting an old-ass post because i'm a newb and should have been here a long time ago but shout out to this because i'm going to Amsterdam, Prague, and Berlin! coming from Seattle. i have no plans and i leave in two days. i need to get my shit together. it sounds like if i show up i'll be taken care of pretty well. i can't wait!
    LR68220 wrote:

quoting an old-ass post because i'm a newb and should have been here a long time ago but shout out to this because i'm going to Amsterdam, Prague, and Berlin! coming from Seattle. i have no plans and i leave in two days. i need to get my shit together. it sounds like if i show up i'll be taken care of pretty well. i can't wait!
    awesome!!!if you need anything.let me know..u know about the meetings,at Amsterdam, Prague, and Berlin?
  • LR68220LR68220 Posts: 4
    LR68220 wrote:

awesome!!!if you need anything.let me know..u know about the meetings,at Amsterdam, Prague, and Berlin?

i'm totally out of the loop. i'm sure this is old news but if you could post links i would really appreciate it!
    LR68220 wrote:
    LR68220 wrote:

i'm totally out of the loop. i'm sure this is old news but if you could post links i would really appreciate it!

All the Prague info is in this thread (Beer tour on the 30th - pls pm Jeremy aka coach4tl - starts at Staromestske Namesti at 1pm) and then the meet up on Sunday evening...

Amsterdam - Monday 25th June 7pm - The Tara - Lounge Bar Restaurant - Address :Nes 100,Binnenstad .

and Berlin ... meet up on the 3rd - https://www.facebook.com/events/386597528053602/

see ya
  • tontonmatttontonmatt Posts: 29
    edited June 2012
    Hi there! I will arrive on friday evening, so I guess I will join you for the beer tour on saturday and the bar on sunday evening :) And I have an extra TC ticket (my GF finally won't accompagny me), if someone is interested.

Edit : I can't read nor send PM, I get this message when I try to : You are not authorised to read private messages. :(
    Post edited by tontonmatt on
    satansbed wrote:

Will you be wearing the hat?

i hope so
    I always have my Party Hat on :mrgreen:
    I'll have "that hat" on at different times . Very easy to pick out so say hello ;)
    What You Giving

• WickstaWicksta Posts: 100
    What time are those with GA tickets planning to arrive at O2 before the show? I'm trying to work out how much of the day I should spend sightseeing (although I have been to Prague before) and how much I should spend lining up outside the venue...
    PJ - Sydney 12 Mar 1998 - Sydney 11 & 14 Feb 2003 - Sydney 8 & 18 Nov 2006 - Sydney 22 Nov 2009 - Prague 2 Jul 2012 - Berlin 4 & 5 Jul 2012 - Stockholm 7 Jul 2012 - Copenhagen 10 Jul 2012 - Wrigley 19 Jul 2013 - Gold Coast 19 Jan 2014 - Melbourne 24 Jan 2014 - Sydney 26 Jan 2014 - Adelaide 31 Jan 2014 - Perth 2 Jan 2014 - Amsterdam 16 & 17 Jun 2014 - Milan 20 Jun 2014 - Trieste 22 Jun 2014 - Vienna 25 Jun 2014 - Berlin 26 Jun 2014 - New York City 1 & 2 May 2016 - Seattle 8 & 10 Aug 2018
    EV - Canberra 15 Mar 2011 - Sydney 18 Mar 2011 - Perth 7 & 8 Feb 2014 - Sydney 11,12 & 13 Feb 2014 - Melbourne 19 Feb 2014 - Brisbane 22, 23 & 25 Feb 2014 - London 6 Jun 2017 - Dublin 9 Jun 2017 
    Wicksta wrote:
    What time are those with GA tickets planning to arrive at O2 before the show? I'm trying to work out how much of the day I should spend sightseeing (although I have been to Prague before) and how much I should spend lining up outside the venue...
    which "row"u wanna be??
    plus 10c has it own pit at prague o2
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Hi everyone,

coming from Maďarsko by train on the day of the show and goin back right after that

>>> I need to know

what time exactly did the previous Prague shows start and end?

What about the curfew policies of the Sazka/O2 Arena?

What time is the show likely finish?

Could anyone help me with all these answers?
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1