2013 Miami Marlins

Comments

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    81 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Even in that smallish stadium of 37,000 that place loooked kind of empty last night and the team is playing rather well. What happened to Ozzie will galvanize the team and the community IF IF the team continues to compete well against the better teams.

Peace

it wasn't ozzie that was supppose to fill it....the thought was, the stadium would fill itself, and provide the funds to spend on the likes of the SS, Mark, and other players. doesn't look like that plan is happening

War

I think the problem down here is the fanbase is way too fancy and glamorous for baseball. They don't like for their hair to be messed up with the summer humidity therefore the airconditioning. :mrgreen: Even with a large Hispanic group in S Florida I surprised that Marlins Park isn't filled.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    they don't like any sports in south florida...

just look at the heat....one of the best teams in the league, and there are always empty seats
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    In case anyone hasn't seen this abomination in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esWB4wUo ... ata_player

Cmon man cut them slack they have saltwater fish tanks off to the sides behind home plate. I'll have to make a visit to the park for sure ANYTHING is better than that awful place they used to play..what is it now Pro Player where the Fins try to play football.

Had to be the worst place to play baseball in baseball history.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

81 wrote:
    they don't like any sports in south florida...

just look at the heat....one of the best teams in the league, and there are always empty seats

Yes on camera they appears to be empty seats but what happens is peeps like to hang out at the concourse yacking or just don't show up same with the hockey team. However the Heat games are officially soldout. They do show up for the hockey playoffs though, there's no messing around for that mainly due to the fact it doesn't happen too often for the Panthers.

Peace

• So just want to pass kudos along to fellow Marlins fans from a still mourning White Sox fan on Mark Buerhle's win. He's still one of my favorite athletes and I miss him dearly. II'm glad he had a great game against the team I loathe most in baseball. ;)
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids, MI
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
    09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI
    09/04/11 Alpine Valley, WI
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    So just want to pass kudos along to fellow Marlins fans from a still mourning White Sox fan on Mark Buerhle's win. He's still one of my favorite athletes and I miss him dearly. II'm glad he had a great game against the team I loathe most in baseball. ;)

If the Cubs are the team you loathe most in baseball, then please don't consider yourself a White Sox fan.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    So just want to pass kudos along to fellow Marlins fans from a still mourning White Sox fan on Mark Buerhle's win. He's still one of my favorite athletes and I miss him dearly. II'm glad he had a great game against the team I loathe most in baseball. ;)

If the Cubs are the team you loathe most in baseball, then please don't consider yourself a White Sox fan.
    :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

:?:

They play in a different division and league....they have very little impact on the success of the White Sox. Twins, Tigers, Indians....these are the teams a White Sox fan should loathe.
    yes that all makes sense........
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    yes that all makes sense........

I just hate that meatball fan mentality....so-called Sox fans that are more concerned with the Cubs losing than a division rival. Some Cubs fans are like that too...so dumb.
    Marlins, fan at odds over first home run ball

Are Marlins doing the right thing.....the fan only wants season tickets in a future year so that he can take his child to be?

Peace

g under p wrote:

Are Marlins doing the right thing.....the fan only wants season tickets in a future year so that he can take his child to be?

Peace

Season tickets for a kid named after a company (Easton), i say no. :lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

Looks like something from Circus Circus in Vegas. :lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121

thumbnail.aspx?q=4740592155688982&id=aa3b594a135da56cbf2e8e0f28d5708f
    81 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Season tickets for a kid named after a company (Easton), i say no. :lol::lol:

The guy who has the ball said on sports radio today that he'll also name give him the middle name of Louiville but he was just kidding.

Peace

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    What the hell was I thinking commenting in this thread? And it was a totally meaningless comment. Now for the rest of my Tenclub days I have to see a Miami Marlins thread in the "View my posts" list
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    DS1119 wrote:

ozzie got off easy at the time, but no one will care when they make the postseason
    davidtrios wrote:
    no one will care when they make the postseason

:corn:

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    For the moment above 500.

Peace

As soon as Gaby Sanchez heard they aquired El cabio from the 'Stros, he hits a game tieing homerun in the 9th off of Axford (one of the closers on my fantasy team) :evil:
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Dear Miami ownership,

Thanks for taking Carlos Lee off our hands.

Sincerely,
    Astros fans
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Dear Miami ownership,

Thanks for taking Carlos Lee off our hands.

Sincerely,
    Astros fans

:lol:
    same ole marlins trading their talent away. world series in 2017?
    Mark Buehrle has 23 walks in 130 innings this year. so steady and good. still miss him on the southside.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/652 ... Wh.WqFCLcF
    davidtrios wrote:
    anyone else becoming a fan like me? im def. seeing them for the 3 games at wrigley

Still a fan? :corn:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    DS1119 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:
    anyone else becoming a fan like me? im def. seeing them for the 3 games at wrigley

Still a fan? :corn:

:fp: :lol:

Marlins...I dont even know what to think about this "team."
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    different stadium, uni's and name. same results :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    I wonder what their bottom line for the season looks like. I'm sure they still made a shit ton of money.
    81 wrote:
    He will be fired by the end of the week......

is it the end of the week yet?

it appears tuesday is the new end of week day.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg