2013 Miami Marlins

Comments

• JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't get all the hate on the new stadium. The home run thing is weird but the rest of the stadium looks like it fits well in South Florida.
    The play-by-play last night described it best ... a cruise ship and a space ship gave birth and the stadium was the result. :mrgreen:

Hahah, yeah, but that's Miami right? Modern and on the beach.
    Exactly. I'm tired of every team trying to out-retro everybody else. It's about time someone stepped away from the "unique just like everyone else" mindset.

Now if the team would just ditch the black as their primary color and embrace the orange, they'll really be on to something.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Miami Marlins Construction Crew Completely Unaware They've Been Building Baseball Stadium
    APRIL 2, 2012 | ISSUE 48•14

MIAMI—Speaking with reporters while putting the finishing touches on Miami's new stadium Saturday, construction workers at Marlins Park admitted they had no idea what the structure would be used for, despite having built baseball stadiums in the past. "We installed a big pool back there, so maybe all the seats are for people waiting in line to swim?" said foreman Frank Davies, sealing one of the large, inexplicable dual aquarium tanks behind home plate. "But there's that giant rainbow thing with the pink flamingos we built at the edge of the grass that sometimes lights up and moves like a windmill, so I'd say my best guess is this is a really big miniature golf hole or a theme park for disabled children." Major League Baseball has yet to rule the field fit for play, as the stadium has no traditional dugouts, Marlins management having opting instead for two giant sets of wax lips.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/miami-marlins-construction-crew-completely-unaware,27800/
    :mrgreen:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Jason P wrote:
    Miami Marlins Construction Crew Completely Unaware They've Been Building Baseball Stadium
    APRIL 2, 2012 | ISSUE 48•14

MIAMI—Speaking with reporters while putting the finishing touches on Miami's new stadium Saturday, construction workers at Marlins Park admitted they had no idea what the structure would be used for, despite having built baseball stadiums in the past. "We installed a big pool back there, so maybe all the seats are for people waiting in line to swim?" said foreman Frank Davies, sealing one of the large, inexplicable dual aquarium tanks behind home plate. "But there's that giant rainbow thing with the pink flamingos we built at the edge of the grass that sometimes lights up and moves like a windmill, so I'd say my best guess is this is a really big miniature golf hole or a theme park for disabled children." Major League Baseball has yet to rule the field fit for play, as the stadium has no traditional dugouts, Marlins management having opting instead for two giant sets of wax lips.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/miami-marlins-construction-crew-completely-unaware,27800/
    :mrgreen:

:lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,776
    So the play last night in Miami against St. Louis and now they are playing now IN Cincy :?: Who do they play tomorrow? Arizona in Arizona :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    So the play last night in Miami against St. Louis and now they are playing now IN Cincy :?: Who do they play tomorrow? Arizona in Arizona :?

Yeah, what the hell is that? 2 game series are bad enough....now they have 1 game series???
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    The marlins are having major trouble scoring runs. Being shutout today,

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

The marlins are having major trouble scoring runs. Being shutout today,

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    PHILADELPHIA -- Miami Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen said prior to Monday’s game against the Phillies that he would travel back to Miami after the game and hold a press conference Tuesday to address comments in a recent Time magazine article concerning Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.

Guillen was quoted as saying he respected Castro for having been able to remain in power in Cuba as long as he has.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/09/2 ... rylink=cpy

simpsons-villagers-pitchfork-torches.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    ozzie will be fired for this. dan lebatard (1st gen cuban american) said that castro is cuba's version of hitler.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    edited April 2012
    you really think they are going to fire him less than a week in?

and would you compare castro to hitler?
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    you really think they are going to fire him less than a week in?

loria fired girardi for a lot less
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    The resident over reactor on the board chimes in. Yeah, he's not going anywhere.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The resident over reactor on the board chimes in. Yeah, he's not going anywhere.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    the Marlins suspend Ozzie for 5 games.
    i'm shocked, shocked, that they didn't can him. :? :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    you, me and speedy are shocked! ;):lol:
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
    He will be fired by the end of the week......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

No he won't but he should get suspended not that it will do much good. it does however make the team management look like they're doing something. i don't think what he said is worthy of being fired even in this Hispanic dominated environment of Miami.

Peace

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I don't think he will be fired over this but I do think he is now the the world's shortest leash. I think if he gets a parking ticket now they'll can his ass. :lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Maybe Ozzie got confused, actually thought the team was based out of Cuba, and was just kissing ass ....
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    What a shocker...Ozzie starts running his mouth and gets himself in trouble. The Marlins knew what they were getting with this nutjob.
    Jason P wrote:
    Maybe Ozzie got confused, actually thought the team was based out of Cuba, and was just kissing ass ....

now that ozzie is no longer the manager of my favorite baseball team i think it's safe to admit that he is an idiot.
    ...are on fire playing against the Cubs.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    ...are on fire playing against the Cubs.

Peace

you can say that about any cubs' opponent this year. #charlottebobcatsofmlb

is it the end of the week yet?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,145
    81 wrote:

There was no way Miami would get rid of their coach that quickly (for that comment).They knew controversy would come when they hired him, and they need big personalties liek him to re-build their fanbase.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    Controversy is welcomed and more accepted in international sports. Soccer still does not have goal line technology and a match this past weekend in the semifinal of the biggest professional cup in Britain had a goal wrongly allowed because of this. He is going nowhere people, they hired him because he acts like this. The Marlins have far more pressing worries, like the fact that they are in the same division as the 2 best pitching staffs in baseball. He had to be reprimanded and was. You will never get everyone to agree on the severity of the crime and appropriate punishment.
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    81 wrote:

There was no way Miami would get rid of their coach that quickly (for that comment).They knew controversy would come when they hired him, and they need big personalties liek him to re-build their fanbase.

Even in that smallish stadium of 37,000 that place loooked kind of empty last night and the team is playing rather well. What happened to Ozzie will galvanize the team and the community IF IF the team continues to compete well against the better teams.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    Even in that smallish stadium of 37,000 that place loooked kind of empty last night and the team is playing rather well. What happened to Ozzie will galvanize the team and the community IF IF the team continues to compete well against the better teams.

Peace

it wasn't ozzie that was supppose to fill it....the thought was, the stadium would fill itself, and provide the funds to spend on the likes of the SS, Mark, and other players. doesn't look like that plan is happening

War
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    In case anyone hasn't seen this abomination in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esWB4wUo ... ata_player