2013 Miami Marlins

davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
anyone else becoming a fan like me? im def. seeing them for the 3 games at wrigley
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    No, but I found an old Marlins road jersey in a park when I was in Florida earlier this month. It's now hanging in my closet along with a bunch of other stuff I may never wear.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,502
    81 wrote:

i wonder if we can get these threads merged?
    www.myspace.com
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Only three more years, Cub's fans ... of course this also means either the Cubs or Marlins will need to switch leagues ... :ugeek:

14-things-from-back-to-the-future-ii-that-actually-came-true-and-5-that-haven-t-yet_5.jpg
    "let's go heat" chants already

:lol:

looking forward to when this new place is 80% empty like the last place
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

Kyle Lohse is nasty...

:P
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    When the Marlins and Rockies came into the league, that was the first pro-sports expansion that happened in my lifetime. And even then, when I was like 9 years old, I said "Shouldn't they be called the Miami Marlins?"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    anyone else think the new stadium was unimpressive?

and what the hell was that thing in center field?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    davidtrios wrote:
    anyone else becoming a fan like me? im def. seeing them for the 3 games at wrigley

If Buehrle is pitching one of the games at Wrigley, I will be there for sure.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181

I have to say they did one thing correct at the very least and that was they built this place for 37k fans. So it won't look that empty when the heat of the summer comes or it the MM's play like crap. Most will just go just to sit in AIRCONDITIONING...that's how peeps role in South Florida.

Did you know the MM's are the 7th most spending team on salary in MLB.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:

I have to say they did one thing correct at the very least and that was they built this place for 37k fans. So it won't look that empty when the heat of the summer comes or it the MM's play like crap. Most will just go just to sit in AIRCONDITIONING...that's how peeps role in South Florida.

Peace

Once the thrill of the new stadium wears off, it will be back to the status quo for the Marlins. Especially if they aren't playing well and competing for the division. Worst sports city in the country....it's not even close.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Moving to Miami...

The only games I will go to is when they play my Mets.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Once the thrill of the new stadium wears off, it will be back to the status quo for the Marlins. Especially if they aren't playing well and competing for the division. Worst sports city in the country....it's not even close.

the city of atlanta disagrees with you.
    www.myspace.com
    Thumbs down on the stadium design. Did they smoke a huge blunt in the design stage?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I don't get all the hate on the new stadium. The home run thing is weird but the rest of the stadium looks like it fits well in South Florida.

Yeah, it's a real battle between Atlanta and Miami, but I have to go with Miami. They don't even sell out Dolphins games....so many empty seats at all their games last year.
    g under p wrote:

Peace

YES not the greatest sports city in America due to the many snowbirds that come to S Florida and the northners who move here. Like with all new stadiums the newness will wear off but it won't be as bad as (not even close) playing in that dreadful place where the Dolphins play. It had to be one of the worst places in the history of baseball to watch a game. Hard to believe that THIS franchise has won TWO World Series playing that hole from hell.

The Red Sox could come to play at I think its called Sun Life Stadium and i wouldn't go now the new place for sure.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't get all the hate on the new stadium. The home run thing is weird but the rest of the stadium looks like it fits well in South Florida.
    The play-by-play last night described it best ... a cruise ship and a space ship gave birth and the stadium was the result. :mrgreen:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Jason P wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The play-by-play last night described it best ... a cruise ship and a space ship gave birth and the stadium was the result. :mrgreen:

Hahah, yeah, but that's Miami right? Modern and on the beach.
    g under p wrote:
    YES not the greatest sports city in America due to the many snowbirds that come to S Florida and the northners who move here. Like with all new stadiums the newness will wear off but it won't be as bad as (not even close) playing in that dreadful place where the Dolphins play. It had to be one of the worst places in the history of baseball to watch a game. Hard to believe that THIS franchise has won TWO World Series playing that hole from hell.

The Red Sox could come to play at I think its called Sun Life Stadium and i wouldn't go now the new place for sure.

Peace

Why is it hard to believe that the Marlins have won 2 world series in that stadium? They are a very well-run organization. Yes, that Dolphins stadium was a dump that was terrible for baseball. But it obviously didn't hinder the Marlins from winning.

Yeah, it's a real battle between Atlanta and Miami, but I have to go with Miami. They don't even sell out Dolphins games....so many empty seats at all their games last year.

Well at least Miami has won a couple Super Bowls one with THE only undefeated team. One in Basketball and two in Baseball with the Marlins. Atlanta as far as i know NOTHING. I don't blame the Dolphin fans for NOT coming out the management has put on the field an inferior product...besides it gives me a chance to see the Patriots and any other team I want in very good seats.

Peace

Peace

g under p wrote:

Peace

Why is it hard to believe that the Marlins have won 2 world series in that stadium? They are a very well-run organization. Yes, that Dolphins stadium was a dump that was terrible for baseball. But it obviously didn't hinder the Marlins from winning.

They made the best of their oppertunities and won bravo to them and the Fins on the other hand.....forget it.

peace

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    davidtrios wrote:

If Buehrle is pitching one of the games at Wrigley, I will be there for sure.

+1 for sure.
    g under p wrote:
    Well at least Miami has won a couple Super Bowls one with THE only undefeated team. One in Basketball and two in Baseball with the Marlins. Atlanta as far as i know NOTHING. I don't blame the Dolphin fans for NOT coming out the management has put on the field an inferior product...besides it gives me a chance to see the Patriots and any other team I want in very good seats.

Peace

Peace

That's what makes it even worse for Miami! It's not like they have a history of losing and the fans are tortured. The Heat won in 06. Marlins have won twice in the past 15 years. Dolphins have had a lot of success in the past.

Braves won the world series in 95 I think it was.
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Peace

That's what makes it even worse for Miami! It's not like they have a history of losing and the fans are tortured. The Heat won in 06. Marlins have won twice in the past 15 years. Dolphins have had a lot of success in the past.

Braves won the world series in 95 I think it was.

Opps I knew there was atleast one team that had some success from Atlanta. If i was a Fins fan I wouldn't go to the games either with $20-40 parking alone, no way. I'd boycott till they put forth a better product on the field. Now with a lousy owner like Stephen Ross who wants to have his imput I don't see much improvement anytime soon. He meddles way too much and has no clue what he's doing..so i don't blame the fans one bit for NOT coming to the stadium. Many many loyal fans are turning in their longtime season tickets just make a point to make the team better to halfway complete with the Jets, Patriots and now Buffalo.

Peace

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

I'm looking forward to when Reyes goes on the DL his usually 3 times a season and all these Reyes nut hugger met fans finally realize he's overrated and a selfless diva bitch
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

g under p wrote:
    Opps I knew there was atleast one team that had some success from Atlanta. If i was a Fins fan I wouldn't go to the games either with $20-40 parking alone, no way. I'd boycott till they put forth a better product on the field. Now with a lousy owner like Stephen Ross who wants to have his imput I don't see much improvement anytime soon. He meddles way too much and has no clue what he's doing..so i don't blame the fans one bit for NOT coming to the stadium. Many many loyal fans are turning in their longtime season tickets just make a point to make the team better to halfway complete with the Jets, Patriots and now Buffalo.

Peace

I get that the Dolphins are a mess right now. It's just frustrating when you see a city that has success with their teams and they still dont get the fan support.

but when the falcons are bad, they don't come close to selling out either. atlanta can't even sell out playoff baseball games.

2 awful sports towns...i think miami has more frauds who come out of the woodworks though (heat "fans" in particular)
    www.myspace.com
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I get that the Dolphins are a mess right now. It's just frustrating when you see a city that has success with their teams and they still dont get the fan support.

That's the case with most pro teams even though the Dolphins success came in the 70's and in the Marino years. That's some time ago and if your team is unsuccessful on the field year after fans will find something else to do especially in a city like Miami. I'd go to beach and watch the ladies go by than burn in the sun as the Fins put me to sleep.

Peace