Stock Market

Comments

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    bless victoria and her secrets.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I should have sold ING when it was in the low forties. It has been hovering around 8 to 9 for a couple years now :cry:
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I should have sold ING when it was in the low forties. It has been hovering around 8 to 9 for a couple years now :cry:

:x

i remember when they were the cool place to keep your money. 5% intreset...i had a few bucks in there...pulled it all out years ago when they took the intrest rate down.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Question for the board: Sell-off coming in Q2? Your opinion?
    I say yes and I just put my money where my mouth is today on it.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Question for the board: Sell-off coming in Q2? Your opinion?
    Keep your money invested. I am thinking of selling off soon. If I do the market will surely skyrocket.
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    AT&T has said that its rollout of the Nokia Lumia 900 will surpass even its release of the iPhone, with an aggressive marketing campaign and giant signs and posters inside AT&T stores to promote it. Sarah Rotman Epps, an analyst for Forrester, says this device puts Nokia and Microsoft in a position to be serious contenders in the smartphone market because of the Lumia 900’s $99 price tag and high-quality hardware.

“The smartphone market is ripe for disruption — Palm is dead, Symbian is sunsetting, RIM is faltering, and every player in the ecosystem (other than Google and Apple) wants a third player to wedge between Google and Apple,” Ms. Rotman Epps wrote in a blog post. “Windows Phone, led by Nokia, can — and should — be the market disruptor.”

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/nokia-lumia-900-easter/

Whatever happens with Nokia, I still think they made a mistake by going with windows. Meego on the N9 is a gem. If I could, I'd buy a bunch and give them to people I know.
    Question for the board: Sell-off coming in Q2? Your opinion?

i'm still in...and even added over the last couple of weeks. i got suckered into BAC at 9 and a 1/2 of course tuesday and wed happened :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Idris wrote:
    AT&T has said that its rollout of the Nokia Lumia 900 will surpass even its release of the iPhone, with an aggressive marketing campaign and giant signs and posters inside AT&T stores to promote it. Sarah Rotman Epps, an analyst for Forrester, says this device puts Nokia and Microsoft in a position to be serious contenders in the smartphone market because of the Lumia 900’s $99 price tag and high-quality hardware.

“The smartphone market is ripe for disruption — Palm is dead, Symbian is sunsetting, RIM is faltering, and every player in the ecosystem (other than Google and Apple) wants a third player to wedge between Google and Apple,” Ms. Rotman Epps wrote in a blog post. “Windows Phone, led by Nokia, can — and should — be the market disruptor.”

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/nokia-lumia-900-easter/

Whatever happens with Nokia, I still think they made a mistake by going with windows. Meego on the N9 is a gem. If I could, I'd buy a bunch and give them to people I know.

i don't care what software nokia phones run, just as long as they sell a shit ton of them :lol:
    lumina 900 goes on sale sunday (who picks easter sunday?) all the reviews of the hardware and software that i've seen have been solid. hopefully sales go well this week. gonna be an excellent week for the stock, or a shit week if sales aren't there.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Yea Easter sunday? Launch the phone when most stores are closed, :D weird. Nevertheless I'm really interested to see how the stocks move. I think it may take a full year until Nokia stocks find some solid ground.

Also Nokia has a new camera sensor called 'pure view', once that gets into windows phone. I think it will sell even better than these Lumia devices will. Can Nokia stocks grow like Apple stocks do?

I sorta feel that Nokia Stock is a long term stock and if they market themselves well enough and put out new technology quickly enough, they should be alright.

I'm sorta playing the market for a friend of mine, he has Nokia stocks and whatever else.
    Idris wrote:
    . Can Nokia stocks grow like Apple stocks do?

i got my fingers crossed for that to happen :lol: hell, i'd be happy with 10, but would love love love to see something like 20 or 30, but like you said, it's not going to happen over night. it's defiantly a long term play.

if it ever got to 600 a share....i'd be throwing a party and buying a zl1 vette
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Nokia shares tumble after loss forecast

Nokia shares fell as low as 3.10 euros, their lowest level since 1997. The stock had already crashed more than 50 percent since Nokia announced in February 2011 it was dropping its own Symbian operating software and switching to the largely untried Windows Phone system developed by Microsoft. [/quote]

Earlier on Wednesday, the struggling firm said it had found a software bug in the new Lumia 900 smartphone, its big hope to take on Apple's iPhone, and was effectively giving the model away until it is fixed

It is offering anyone who has bought a Lumia 900, or who buys one by April 21, a $100 credit on their AT&T bill. The operator sells the phone for $99.99 with a two-year contract. The Lumia 900 is currently only available in the United States and Canada, where it was launched on April 8, and is key to Nokia's comeback there.

"It's like they stalled their engine when everybody is looking at them at the start of their race," said Gartner analyst Carolina Milanesi.
    -

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/nokia-warns-h1-phone-business-loss-125536424.html

:fp:
    my butthole hurts :fp: :lol:

i'm still holding.... :crazy:

but it wasn't soo much the bug that killed the stock, it was the profit warning they issued as well. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    nice littel bounce back day....although the s&p 500 did pass me this week. went from beating it by 3.5 points to lagging by 1.3 points

S&P is up 10.4% YTD, and i'm sitting at 9.1%...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    nice littel bounce back day....although the s&p 500 did pass me this week. went from beating it by 3.5 points to lagging by 1.3 points

Get your shit together 81. Haha

I made some nice coin shorting the S&P the past week, closing my position Wed afternoon. I've been dominating the S&P the past 2 months.

81, gimme a stock tip. I want something mid-cap, decent div yield with a beta of <1.5 with a 1yr horizon. Anything come to mind?

edit: my buddy's been pushing me on LQDT, but nows certainly not the entry point for it
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Also, thoughts on the VIX pushing above its 50 day MA this week? Does this mean more headaches to come?
    81 wrote:

Get your shit together 81. Haha

I made some nice coin shorting the S&P the past week, closing my position Wed afternoon. I've been dominating the S&P the past 2 months.

81, gimme a stock tip. I want something mid-cap, decent div yield with a beta of <1.5 with a 1yr horizon. Anything come to mind?

edit: my buddy's been pushing me on LQDT, but nows certainly not the entry point for it

how about some DPM. :lol:

for the record, i am not recommending them, nor do i know anything about them....it just came up in my screener and met the criteria.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Yeah, I'm staying away from Natty Gas til Q3-Q4 I think. Its now on my radar tho.
    hey hey...moving in the right direction again.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    Whatever Beeks says to buy.....I'm buying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRi0FT8uYMY
    just can't seem to fire on all cyclanders...

one gets hot, one gets cold. :fp:

back to within a point of the SP500
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    sell in May and go away?
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    sell in May and go away?

no :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Facebook to IPO at a price range of 28-35/share. Staying away?
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408

My brokerage doesn't allow flipping of IPO shares, so I'd be nervous to have to wait 30 days to sell in case it tanks!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

My brokerage doesn't allow flipping of IPO shares, so I'd be nervous to have to wait 30 days to sell in case it tanks!
    Really?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

My buddy and I at work were talking about that

Im interested
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    This sucks
    This sucks

fuckin debt laden bullshit
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • :( :( :( :cry::cry::cry:
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    My friend is the new CIO at JP Morgan :lol: :fp:
    GoiMTvP.gif