Options

***GOOD VIBES GIVEAWAY - free stuff***

13»

Comments

• Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    4 years since my dwi conviction, I just got my fucking license back and can drive again!! Take my kid to walmart! chuckee cheese!!! nature trails!!! most importantly.... the next pearl jam show!! freedom restored...

"I will feel alive as long as I am free".

That line has played on repeat in my head for 4 fucking years. Amen. Thank you jesus. or whoever. :mrgreen:

This pumped me up for sure.
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    The PUMPIEST thing that has happened to me in the last 2 years is that I finally got a JOB, after 17 months of devastating unemployment. And even better, that this job required me to move back to Anchorage, Alaska (a place I love) from Atlanta, GA, where I had lived for the last several years.

I was laid off by IBM (along with a bazillion other people) in March of 2010. From then until September of 2011, I was unemployed and broke. I hustled like crazy...networked like crazy...but when there are no jobs, none of that does any good. It only wastes gasoline. I was able to pick up a bit of contract work here and there...but I went through nearly all of my savings anyway...and by August of 2011, I knew I had to do something drastic or I would not be able to hold onto my house in Atlanta.

Some of my friends up here in Alaska who had been bugging me for years to come back told me there were plenty of jobs (Alaska's State Motto = "What Recession?") and told me they'd help me out with a place to stay if I got a job and came back.

Within 2 weeks I was on a plane to Anchorage for an interview and within 3 weeks I had a job offer at my current company.

So here I am...time warped back 15 years. And gainfully employed once again. And employed = PUMPY!

NEVER take employment for granted, folks. Unemployment is hell on earth.
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,369
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    The PUMPIEST thing that has happened to me in the last 2 years is that I finally got a JOB, after 17 months of devastating unemployment. And even better, that this job required me to move back to Anchorage, Alaska (a place I love) from Atlanta, GA, where I had lived for the last several years.

I was laid off by IBM (along with a bazillion other people) in March of 2010. From then until September of 2011, I was unemployed and broke. I hustled like crazy...networked like crazy...but when there are no jobs, none of that does any good. It only wastes gasoline. I was able to pick up a bit of contract work here and there...but I went through nearly all of my savings anyway...and by August of 2011, I knew I had to do something drastic or I would not be able to hold onto my house in Atlanta.

Some of my friends up here in Alaska who had been bugging me for years to come back told me there were plenty of jobs (Alaska's State Motto = "What Recession?") and told me they'd help me out with a place to stay if I got a job and came back.

Within 2 weeks I was on a plane to Anchorage for an interview and within 3 weeks I had a job offer at my current company.

So here I am...time warped back 15 years. And gainfully employed once again. And employed = PUMPY!

NEVER take employment for granted, folks. Unemployment is hell on earth.

That IS super PUMPY, I completely agree to never take employment for granted. When I'm down on myself and unhappy at my current job, I just think back to my months of unemployment a few years back and how hard I had to work just to get in the door for interviews. That dreadful feeling of not knowing if you'll have enough $ for this or that, ugh. Everyone I talk to hates something about their job. If you can make an income and be comfortable at the end of the day, it makes you realize there are people out there with FAR worse jobs, and those who don't have a job at all. APPRECIATE-WHAT-YA-GOT-PUMP!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    For the first time in 12 years, I went to see my dad's side of the family for their annual Christmas dinner. It had been so long since I'd seen everyone, a lot of them didn't even recognize me (figure the last time they saw me, I had just turned 22 and I'm now in my mid 30's.) The best part was I got to see my uncle Bill, who was diagnosed with cancer in April. He was so ecstatic that I made the trip & was in really high spirits that weekend.

Unfortunately, 10 days ago, he lost his battle with cancer. To be able to see him one more time, after more than a decade, was definitely a pumped moment!
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    Unfortunately, 10 days ago, he lost his battle with cancer. To be able to see him one more time, after more than a decade, was definitely a pumped moment![/quote]
    sorry for your loss old son .....

ive got an old 1982 bedford camper thats i love .so i was getting her ready for the summer festis and found out that she had a blydenstein head in her [ i have no ideas wot that means except that its a good head ] any ways cos of this every thing that id brought wouldnt fit so it cost me double to get her going BUT shes going and she feels great and im looking forward to next weekend to get out on the road lol

happy saturday one and all :D
  • Options
    My condolences man. That's really cool that you got to spend that time with him.

As far as "pumpy", i'd say this thread made me pretty pumped ~ viewtopic.php?f=4&t=186488

:D
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,838
    I travelled from Ireland to Canada last year for 4 shows of the Canadian Tour. After 3 nights of so/so 10c seats thanks to my crappy membership number we arrive in Hamilton. Go down to pick up the tickets and score first row for the show. I ran all the way back to the hotel holding the tickets inside my pocket. I was pumped to say the least.
  • Options
    It was prettty f'n PUMPY to see Tres Mts in Boston and see Jeff and Mike up close. Jeff seemed to be having a good time and Mike melted faces! Pumpy, indeed!

Thanks for the chance, and double thanks for the positve vibes! :)
    The moon still follows me overhead...
  • Options
    Hey Pumpers, just a final reminder to spread some good vibes and post your pumpy stories here to win some free vinyl and stuff. Drawing tomorrow at 7pm Minnesota Time (central)! :D
  • Options
    djmikeyz28djmikeyz28 Posts: 281
    I had to use a portable air PUMP to blow up the back tire on my crashbox Saturn once a week before I sold it last fall. That was a weekly PUMPfest! :lol::lol::lol:
    Chicago-United Center 6/18/2003
    Chicago-United Center 5/17/2006
    Chicago-United Center 8/24/2009
    Ed Solo Chicago-Chicago Theatre 6/29/2011
    PJ20-Alpine Valley 9/3/2011 + 9/4/2011
    Chicago-Wrigley 7/19/2013
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    A friend hooked me up with a 15th row ticket for Toronto 2 while the ticket I had been holding was nowhere near that good
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    Still time to post your last-minute pumpiness and win stuff! Drawing in about 23 mins... :D

If I can figure out photobucket before 7 I'll give pics, otherwise you'll have to take my word for it, but drawing is ready to go...
  • Options
    Thanks all for entering!! And the random winner is...

cincybearcat

Congrats.

BONUS PUMP!!! Second place prize added, winner: bosshogg18

Congrats to the winners, PMs coming shortly. I'll try to get this stuff out tomorrow.
    THANK YOU ALL FOR SHARING YOUR PUMPY POSTS, AND KEEP SPREADIN' THOSE GOOD VIBES!
  • Options
    adusick wrote:
    Thanks all for entering!! And the random winner is...

cincybearcat

Congrats.

BONUS PUMP!!! Second place prize added, winner: bosshogg18

Congrats to the winners, PMs coming shortly. I'll try to get this stuff out tomorrow.
    THANK YOU ALL FOR SHARING YOUR PUMPY POSTS, AND KEEP SPREADIN' THOSE GOOD VIBES!

Congrats to the winners! Great job, adusick!
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Congrats to the winners! As always, thanks for the opportunity! :thumbup: