Options

***GOOD VIBES GIVEAWAY - free stuff***

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,131
    Mine was just today. My daughter yelling down the hall of her pre-school, "I love you Daddy!" after I dropped her off. Can't beat that.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Mookie1Mookie1 Posts: 223
    Finally scored my Holy Grail back in December - St. Louis 1998 poster. My first show. Look at it every day.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Meeting so many friends at PJ20 is something that I will never forget! Thanks for the chance!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Been a hectic year. Got a puppy, still going strong with my girlfriend, finishing up this deployment and now on the way home. Dont include me as I just got an awesome gift from the fine folks here but awesome giveaway! :D
    "I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as Josh Homme"
  • Options
    movaughnmovaughn Posts: 1,293
    This past year I made trades to complete my Christmas single set but I made one trade for both Lost Dogs and RVM on vinyl. That was the best trade I've made.
    Alpine Valley - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley - Oct 08, 2000, Alpine Valley - Jun 21, 2003
    United Center - May 16, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
    Alpine Valley - Sep 03, 2011, Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Wrigley Field - August 20, 2016, Wrigley Field - August 22, 2016
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,078
    Meeting Mike McCready at PJ20! He just walked by while I was in line for the museum. Got a chance to say hi and thank him for all the years of music. He was very gracious. Also got to meet Star Anna and Liam Finn. Great fucking weekend!!!!!!! Thanks for the chance!
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    edited March 2012
    I have many....first Pj20 at alpine Was the best weekend I mabye ever had!!!!!!!! Also, all the gracious.people who lurk on this message board.....I've been a member for.a.few months and ive.met sum really great people!!!! And.then there's my vinyl collection....every time I've.gotten something in the.mail its almost better than Xmas!!!!! I've gotten sum awesome deals from great members on these boards!!!! Thanks to all who I've gotten to know....I look foward to catching a show with the ten club!!!!!! After I seen how happy it makes.people for these giveaways and grails....I think I'm gonna do my first giveaway coming soon!!! Thanks for the chance!!!!
    Post edited by juddboz80 on
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    When Eddie announced the two Ft. Lauderale shows. I did a few fists pumps on that one!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Dirty Frank ZDirty Frank Z Posts: 2,850
    Dusick....this better not be a classic Let Down, Pump Up.
    6-16-03 St Paul
    6-26-06 St Paul
    6-27-06 St Paul
    7-2-011 EV MPLS
    9-3-011 Alpine
    9-4-011 Alpine
    9-22-012 Atlanta
    7-19-013 Wrigley
    10-9-014 Lincoln
    10-14-014 Memphis
    10-17-014 Moline
    10-19-014 St Paul
    10-22-014 Denver
    9-26-015 New York City
    8-20-016 Wrigley
    8-22-016 Wrigley
    8-13-018 Missoula
    8-18-018 Wrigley
    8-20-018 Wrigley 
    9-18-022 St. Louis
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,371
    Dusick....this better not be a classic Let Down, Pump Up.

Haha I assure you D, my patented "LDPU" will not be used here, only positive PUMPINESS!! So many great posts from all of you! :D
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    I was able to get 7th row seats to Eddie's show in Tulsa on April 20th, which happens to be my 25th birthday! I have a feeling it will be the best birthday present I have ever bought myself! :D
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    Getting to co-host three Pearl Jam related parties in one year (Texas Tailgate at PJ20 and two EV Austin Wishlist Fundraisers)

Pumped because two of these three have not happened yet!
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Many... seeing PJ twice last September, Having the parents at the house for a month, getting my record play to spin PJ vinyl, and completing my poster collection for shows i have been too (Thanks to two members on this board- DW & C1 :D ). Plus getting to listen to EV live because of Jeremy!

lot of cool cats on here. keep the good vibes going!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    It would have to be getting my hands on Let Me Sleep (SCORE)!!!!!! :D

Thanks for the chance!
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011
  • Options
    MattCam420MattCam420 Posts: 183
    Getting the Tom Petty Anthology vinyl today was a good vibe for me! I'm a big Petty fan and have been wanting this one for a long time but the price is pretty high. When a nice poster here put the Best Buy liquidation thread up, I was able to get it for half price!! Great community we have here. :D
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    Just slightly over a year ago our son was born. Words cannot convey how happy he makes me and how much better life is with him in ours.

And hearing about the Afghan Whigs reuniting to headline a festival in Jersey this September...yup. Tremendous.
  • Options
    BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    When i scored an original 1995 Manila encores setlist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made my day!!!!! thanks for the chance too! :D
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    i gotta say it isnt a poster or a show or anything pj related. but the best news ive gotten is the call saying that after her yearly testing, my mother is another year cancer free.!!!!
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 947
    Meeting up with two old friends at AV and partying all weekend. Best weekend ever
  • Options
    perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,970
    Finally getting to see Radiohead for the first time, in a couple weeks!!!
    Thanks for the chance!!!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    Got to see Eddie play the Beacon with my girlfriend, and 1 month later, she became my fiancé when I proposed to her when we took all our parents to the Paul McCartney concert at Yankee Stadium. Next weekend we're going on vacation to Florida, and the following weekend we're going to Cleveland for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony, next January we're getting married and at some point during the reception, "January Wedding" by the Avett Brothers will definitely be played (along with some PJ and EV) :lol: so it's been a good past 12 months :D

Thanks for the chance, felt good to think back on all of that again either way :D
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    The pumpiest thing that happened to me as far as Pearl Jam goes was a fellow 10C member, Brad gave me a copy of the PJ20 Deluxe blu-ray, in which I gave to my brother-in-law and sister. They had suffered the loss of a child and my brother-in-law really, really wanted this movie, but was obviously worried about more important things when this movie first went up for sale and subsequently sold out. So when Brad reached out and offered up the blu-ray for them, it almost brought me to tears. Just a class act. It sure pumped my brother-in-law, sister and myself up as we were all excited to sit down together and watch this incredible blu-ray. I just wish it had been under different circumstances, but it brought some joy to us during an incredibly tough time.
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Pearl Jam-related pumpiest?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PJ20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was pretty excited about it in the theater Sept. 20, having just been at Alpine Valley (which was an awesome experience, too). But something about the movie just clicked for me, right at the end with Alive playing and just ... WOW. Even though I had literally just seen the band live only weeks previously, and had just heard that song live, the edits in the movie with the footage and music and cuts .... sent chills down my spine! I left the theater wishing i could go straight to another PJ show right then and there!!

Non-PJ? Probably the last swim meet of the season. I'm an assistant coach on a youth team, and we sent four kids to Districts and they all did a really great job. So proud of 'em, and happy to see their hard work all season long paid off!! Can't wait for next season!!!! (which is only in about five months -- sweet!!!)

:D
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    Picking up my fan club tix for the Eddie Vedder Boston solo show!!!!
    Finding out they are balcony seats?
    Getting back into the ticket line and inquiring about a single seat closer to the stage. Why yes, there is a single ticket in the first row- I will be taking that, please & thank you very much!!!!!
    Giving the extra fan club ticket to my best friend’s 16 year old daughter, Jessica, she is a musician and it is her first concert- Eddie Vedder and Glen Hansardis are her first concert experience!!!!
    Enjoying a few hours of pure bliss from the front row!!!!!!
    While waiting for Eddie outside the venue, Glen Hansardis pulls up in a car. Nobody seems to notice but us, Jessica approaches the car and tells Glen how much she loved the show, Mr. Hansardis, the Oscar winner, signs her playbill, and as he hands it back to her, holds her hand, looks directly into her eyes, and said in a very low voice “Jessica, it is the other exit,” she said back to him, in a very serious voice, “ok, glen-I got it.”
    Good looking out for the kid, Glen!!!!!! Every time I see Jessica she is wearing her concert t-shirt from that night!!!! Eddie, Glen, and the PJ boys are her music gods!!!! There is Nothing that PUMPs me like recruiting another fan, especially a young one!!!!! It is like new addition to our big PJ family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,371
    Reading all these awesome posts definitely gives me some good vibes goin into the weekend! You all are incredible, keep the PUMP UP goin thru the weekend and Monday we'll give some stuff away!
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,855
    PJ-related: PJ20 weekend. The more space that grows between that weekend and the present, the more the pre-party and getting to meet so many fellow fans becomes the highlight of the entire weekend. It's bigger than just the music.

Non PJ-related: Last spring. Assistant coaching my then 7YO's baseball team. We're in the single-elimination playoffs. The team goes on a winning streak and makes it to the finals as the dark horse against the boastful and dominant Phillies. The kids buckled up and put a schellacking (sp?) on them to win the championship. The game was close until what turned out to be the pivotal moment of the game when my son made a part spectacular/part lucky catch to end a rally. The team and crowd went bananas. He was so excited he cried tears of joy. To see him that happy and to have things go his way at that young and impressionable age, and to know it was an indelible memory that we'll always share together was a pumpiest moment for me.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    jjflash wrote:
    PJ-related: PJ20 weekend. The more space that grows between that weekend and the present, the more the pre-party and getting to meet so many fellow fans becomes the highlight of the entire weekend. It's bigger than just the music.

Non PJ-related: Last spring. Assistant coaching my then 7YO's baseball team. We're in the single-elimination playoffs. The team goes on a winning streak and makes it to the finals as the dark horse against the boastful and dominant Phillies. The kids buckled up and put a schellacking (sp?) on them to win the championship. The game was close until what turned out to be the pivotal moment of the game when my son made a part spectacular/part lucky catch to end a rally. The team and crowd went bananas. He was so excited he cried tears of joy. To see him that happy and to have things go his way at that young and impressionable age, and to know it was an indelible memory that we'll always share together was a pumpiest moment for me.

awesome post!!

i agree...the people are what PJ20 so special. looking forward to seeing you again in Austin, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    I proposed to my gf over the holidays last year! That's the big exciting news in my world. Now we're onto the stressful hellish process of trying to plan a wedding...
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    Went to a friends house and compared our PJ collections.
    Found out we've been collecting the same stuff for years.
    Watched PJ20 while drinking some faithful ale.
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    PJ20 has to be it. The Alpine vibe still runs through me. Thanks to all who were there in ultimate fandom along side of me.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16