Options

Board Noob intro

no codeno code Posts: 109
edited March 2012 in The Porch
Hello,

Before I start posting all kinds, I just wanted to introduce myself as a new board member.

My name is Boy and I'm from The Netherlands. I've been a loyal fan since the start (got the Temple of the Dog album soon as it came out, and followed everything PJ since), but somehow never took the opportunity to become a fanclub member. Now that has changed. It's an honor to be part of the greatest music fanclub in the world.

I've been following everything related to the fanclub from the start, and I own quite a few of the holiday singles, but I had to obtain them via the bay or recordfairs. No more I tell you :D

My interests lie in music and sports mostly. I play the guitar and drums, and been in bands my whole life. I think Reach Down was one of the first songs I could play properly (Not the solo unfortunately, that came a bit later. Although I could never play it like Mike does)

My first PJ show was Arnhem in '06. That's extremely late, considering I'm a follower since the beginning, but the reason is a simple one. No Money at the time. The time I was making my first money, it was when they played the RAI in Amsterdam, but I did not get tickets, because it sold out so fast. Then I had to wait till 2000. I went to the Werchter festival that year (did not go to Pinkpop. Don't like the festival). But then tragedy struck at Roskilde, and they were planned to play Werchter the next day. So that didn't happen either. Then a whole lot of waiting was going on, untill..... Arnhem 2006. Since then I try to go to as many shows as I can. This year we are in for a treat. Werchter, Ziggo Dome, and Ed solo in the Carre theatre in Amsterdam (that's one for the old bucket list)

As for collecting, I own quite a bit. I collect a lot of music, but mainly PJ and Foo Fighters/ Dave Grohl stuff. I'm a big Foo Fighters fan also. Other favorite bands include: Editors, Elbow, Tool, Placebo, Mastodon, Starsailor, Amos Lee, Triggerfinger etc, etc, etc...

Well, that's me in a nutshell. Hope to get to know you guys a bit, and share cool things together.

Cheers,

Boy
No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Welcome! :thumbup:
  • Options
    Thanks!

I have a first question. You are supposed to get a free bootleg download code. But I did not get one. In my confirmation e-mail it states I get a free download coupon code "as listed above". But there is no code at all in my e-mail.

Will it be in my Processed Order e-mail?

Can Anyone shed some light on this? I already e-mailed the Ten Club, but I figured I tried it here also. Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Welcome! :wave:

PJ and Ed in one summer? That's fantastic. Enjoy! :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    no code wrote:
    Thanks!

I have a first question. You are supposed to get a free bootleg download code. But I did not get one. In my confirmation e-mail it states I get a free download coupon code "as listed above". But there is no code at all in my e-mail.

Can Anyone shed some light on this? I already e-mailed the Ten Club, but I figured I tried it here also. Thanks in advance!

I would email or call the Ten CLub if you don't see seomething within the next few days. I would say by Monday if you haven't received it email them. They are always good at getting back to members and helping out.
  • Options
    Welcome Boy
    You are my long lost son. I miss swinging on the vines with you.
    Your mom Jane is worried about you. Have you seen Cheetah ?
    Tarzan
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Welcome Boy
    You are my long lost son. I miss swinging on the vines with you.
    Your mom Jane is worried about you. Have you seen Cheetah ?
    Tarzan
    :lol::lol:
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    Dutch people are so cool...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    I can't believe the name "no code" wasn't taken already...
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    edited March 2012
    no code wrote:
    Thanks!

FIRST....Welcome No Code!!!

That happened to me too when i recently re-upped. I just forwarded the email I received with a little note telling them that the Boot Code was missing. They got right back to me :) You can't reply to the email they sent you so just forward it to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> and the good folks here will take care of you :)

Hope you enjoy all the shows coming your way. I already know you will!

And now a question of my own.....how in the world was the user name No Code available???? Maybe everyone thought nah there's no way that one isn't used, so i just won't try. Good on you for trying and succeeding ;)

Peace,
    jo
    Post edited by StillHere on
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Dutch people are so cool...

Welcome!!! :wave:
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Welcome
  • Options
    HeavyHands wrote:
    I can't believe the name "no code" wasn't taken already...

He joined the board in 2005. Might have been available back then.
  • Options
    betterday52betterday52 Posts: 204
    welcome holland!
    i have many cool friends in your country :-)
    You will have fun here.
    Just disguard the bitchin hahaha

Peace
    Shannon
    our future is paved with better days

EV Austin Nov 9 &11 2012
    EPIC Wrigley 7/19/2013 who could ever forget that date :-) my first PJ
    Dallas 11/15/2013
    OKC 11/16/2013
    Seattle 2 hopefully?!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Welcome to the board!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    my dyslexia makes me read the thread title as "boob intro"...imagine my disappointment upon entering thread :(

welcome boy! :wave:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    my dyslexia makes me read the thread title as "boob intro"...imagine my disappointment upon entering thread :(

we have the same problem...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    norm wrote:

yep...we both have boobs on our minds :thumbup: :lol:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

yep...we both have boobs on our minds :thumbup: :lol:
    yep...cos there are "cute" ;)
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Hi Boy, welcome to the jamily. I've been a 10C member from 1998 to 2001, back in 2006 and still here, hope until the day I die... I am PJ fan and collector as well, as much as an INXS and Placebo fan and collector... I like the Foos a lot, but not that much, I have few vinyls, no CDs, and that's fine by me... they play in my country in 2 weeks time and I haven't got the tickets yet, my not going to the show is quite likely... but I've been all to PJ and Placebo's shows in Argentina, 3 each... I like Mastodon, my cousin is a fan, and his constantly talking and posting about them, so I gave them a go, I like them, but they are not in my boat... I like Tool and A perfect circle, but not a fan, the others I don't like or don't even know them...

Since you are a member now, you can go to the goods section and see what xmas singles you can get from there, 2004, 2008 and 2009 are available for purchasing, in fact, you will have to pay for the shipping fees, the records are for free. You can get Longing to belong b/w Can't keep 7" from Eddie's goods, there are a lots of posters available from the 2011 eleven tour, and lots of new tees.

I hope you have a real good time, make a lot of friends, and gather yourselves together for the forthcoming EV and PJ shows around Europe, all the best, javis
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Hello and welcome, Boy! :wave:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    Welcome to the boards! :wave:
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    You're my boy, boy!
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    edited March 2012
    Welcome

I was hoping this was a Nordic Boob Intro thread!

(sorry, Norm...didn't see that you already mentioned it!)

Hello!
    Post edited by JOEJOEJOE on
  • Options
    teskeinc wrote:
    You're my boy, boy!

Thanks Blue :lol: I love that quote (big Will Ferrel fan)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Diggin' the whole Tarzan thing by the way. I actually haven't heard that one in a long time. My name is food for fun for all you English/ American out there. But hey, I don't mind. Beats making you guys cry right :D

Indeed, I took the No Code name back in 2005 or something like that. I used it when I first signed up to buy stuff from the store. Still loving the hell out of that album. One of the best for me. I actually wore out my first vinyl copy, and had to buy another one (back when they were cheap) to replace it. What is up with the vinyl prices by the way. Glad I got my copies when they came out. Bt hey, that's a whole other discussion.

Again, thanks everyone! Talk to you later.
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Welcome to the board, Boy. I think you'll find this board pretty friendly, though there are as with any board, disagreements between members from time to time (normal). It's better than other boards I've tried to get on where they dont bother to welcome you. Good luck with seeing the band live, I've seen them 10 times now (not enough) and counting. ;)
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Welcome to the boards, I hope you like it here and stay awhile to get to know us.
    We're not a bad bunch :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    Hello!
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    norm wrote:

Well, I have boobs & they're always just hanging around lookin for hand-outs, slackers!!
    Welcome no code Board Noob :wave:
  • Options
    stickman81stickman81 Posts: 437
    ummm...i like boobs :oops: :shock: