Options

Board Noob intro

2»

Comments

• Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Boobs are wonderful!!

Is Boy short for something? or is it just Boy?

welcome!! the more the merrier!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    is this the same no code as the fooboard one? ;)
    in any case, welcome, and see you at the amsterdam PJ/EV gigs in summer :)
  • Options
    Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    no code wrote:
    Hello,

Before I start posting all kinds, I just wanted to introduce myself as a new board member.

My name is Boy and I'm from The Netherlands. I've been a loyal fan since the start (got the Temple of the Dog album soon as it came out, and followed everything PJ since), but somehow never took the opportunity to become a fanclub member. Now that has changed. It's an honor to be part of the greatest music fanclub in the world.

I've been following everything related to the fanclub from the start, and I own quite a few of the holiday singles, but I had to obtain them via the bay or recordfairs. No more I tell you :D

My interests lie in music and sports mostly. I play the guitar and drums, and been in bands my whole life. I think Reach Down was one of the first songs I could play properly (Not the solo unfortunately, that came a bit later. Although I could never play it like Mike does)

My first PJ show was Arnhem in '06. That's extremely late, considering I'm a follower since the beginning, but the reason is a simple one. No Money at the time. The time I was making my first money, it was when they played the RAI in Amsterdam, but I did not get tickets, because it sold out so fast. Then I had to wait till 2000. I went to the Werchter festival that year (did not go to Pinkpop. Don't like the festival). But then tragedy struck at Roskilde, and they were planned to play Werchter the next day. So that didn't happen either. Then a whole lot of waiting was going on, untill..... Arnhem 2006. Since then I try to go to as many shows as I can. This year we are in for a treat. Werchter, Ziggo Dome, and Ed solo in the Carre theatre in Amsterdam (that's one for the old bucket list)

As for collecting, I own quite a bit. I collect a lot of music, but mainly PJ and Foo Fighters/ Dave Grohl stuff. I'm a big Foo Fighters fan also. Other favorite bands include: Editors, Elbow, Tool, Placebo, Mastodon, Starsailor, Amos Lee, Triggerfinger etc, etc, etc...

Well, that's me in a nutshell. Hope to get to know you guys a bit, and share cool things together.

Cheers,

Boy

HI!!

Jij bent heel welkom!

:D
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • Options
    Welcome mate , from down under ! :D
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Welcome mate, it took me a while to get on the board as well even though I too loved them from the beginning. Cool board name too..I am amazed it wasn't taken too, didn't even try it when I chose mine.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    Just wanted to say "Hi"! :)
  • Options
    JR2323JR2323 Posts: 82
    Hello and welcome --- Boy!
    10/8/00. 6/15/03. 9/17/11

JR
  • Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    Welcome from one noob to another,like you I also just joined for the first time after following for 20 year What the hell was I thinking?? But here I am now and that's all that matters.Glad to see a fellow noob in the group! :D
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Welcome to the madness.

Sign all Huey Lewis petitions.

DS1119 will try to sell you a elevator pass for 25$. He is crooked, I sell them for 20$.

:crazy:
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    welcome to the board! :wave:

see you in Amsterdam in june 8-)
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    Greetings! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,977
    Welcome to the board!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'