Options

Talked to a buddy who works at ALPINE now.....

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    I'd go back to Alpine if that was the only U.S. date. It was fun last year.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    EmBleve wrote:
    The rumor mill on this is making me crazy. I would rather see them do some shows in places they haven't been for awhile (like southern US :shock: ) than do the same thing as last year. Spread the love. :? :mrgreen:

I couldn't agree more. That's why I find 3 years (let alone 2) at the same venue a complete bore. Like you said, spread the love!
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    Just wondering... is there some code of conduct here? Like if I was career forum troll and kept BS'ing other fans about future shows because I thought it was funny... would I get banned?
  • Options
    RE4790 wrote:
    Just wondering... is there some code of conduct here? Like if I was career forum troll and kept BS'ing other fans about future shows because I thought it was funny... would I get banned?

Normally I would agree with you here, I really don't like Sawyer... but facts are facts. He posted that PJ20 was a go last year before it was announced, right around this time. He clearly knows someone who works there, so in this situation I think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he is posting that it is a go this year, he probably did have the same person tell him and he truly believes it. So yeah, take that for what its worth.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    If they're going to do something like this again, why not do the Gorge this year?

Wisconsin was awkward but people thought it was just that one time so they went. Now, it's just an impractical location without a special occasion. :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Made of StarsMade of Stars Milwaukee, WI Posts: 185
    Just curious about the awkward statement. Having never been to the Gorge, is it any easier to get there for people flying in for the show than Alpine is? I would definitely like to experience a show at the Gorge but it seems from looking at maps that it is quite a drive from either Seattle or Spokane.

justam wrote:
    If they're going to do something like this again, why not do the Gorge this year?

Wisconsin was awkward but people thought it was just that one time so they went. Now, it's just an impractical location without a special occasion. :?
    Be kind whenever possible.
    It is always possible.
  • Options
    Just play Red Rocks please
    6/16/2008 Columbia, SC, 10/30/09-10/31/09 Philly, EV Solo 6/26/11 Detroit, 9/3/11-9/4/11 Alpine Valley, 9/30/2012 Missoula,MT 7/16/13 London, ON *****FIRST ROW****, 7/19/13 Chicago, IL, 10/30/13 Charlotte, NC. 4/21/2008 Columbia, SC, 5/2/2016 MSG2
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    RE4790 wrote:

take a look at my track record boss......the search function is your friend
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    RE4790 wrote:

Normally I would agree with you here, I really don't like Sawyer... but facts are facts. He posted that PJ20 was a go last year before it was announced, right around this time. He clearly knows someone who works there, so in this situation I think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he is posting that it is a go this year, he probably did have the same person tell him and he truly believes it. So yeah, take that for what its worth.

you don't like me :cry:
  • Options
    krobbinzkrobbinz Posts: 187
    Is it really going to be called PJ21? Pleaseeee no! :). Irregardless, I'm in if it's true!! :)
    East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
    Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
  • Options
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if this kicked off USA Southern Trek Tour. This kicked off the Canadian tour last year, which was then followed by South America, so I think the Southern US is finally going to get its due.

Maybe part of Ed's South tour is scouting PJ venues. ;)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    RE4790 wrote:

dude, I wouldn't take it to heart. it's the internet, not high school. :D
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    I won't claim to be an expert on PJ tours but it seems most likely to me that Ed is doing solo southern US and PJ Europe followed by Ed Europe. Top it off with AV to end the year then go back into the studio to finish the new album which will be released next spring THEN kick off a full US tour. Seems most logical to me since I think Ed's voice will be slightly worse for wear by the time August rolls around and this schedule should hold everyone over until they can do a full tour behind a new album.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    Just curious about the awkward statement. Having never been to the Gorge, is it any easier to get there for people flying in for the show than Alpine is? I would definitely like to experience a show at the Gorge but it seems from looking at maps that it is quite a drive from either Seattle or Spokane.

justam wrote:

I think the Gorge is better for all the west coast people and if the East Coast people have to fly to Wisconsin anyway, why not fly to the Gorge?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    justam wrote:

justam wrote:

I think the Gorge is better for all the west coast people and if the East Coast people have to fly to Wisconsin anyway, why not fly to the Gorge?

Why was it awkward? Its not like the Gorge is in the middle of a highly populated area. Over 2 hours from Seattle. So I should just fly the extra 3 hours there? That makes no sense.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    No problem. Do what you want.

I just felt that Wisconsin is more remote. If it doesn't seem so to you, that's fine.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    RE4790 wrote:

Not as a poster on this board, no. I am sure its just your internet persona though. If we ever met, at a show or something, you might be a real swell guy, and we might get along, who knows? Judging someone in real life based on how they act on the internet is never fair.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,621
    While I think that Wisconsin is not the most interesting locations to hold an anual event, it was an easy trip from almost anywhere, and for the few days we were all there, it served well.

I had a great time in Lake Geneva and at the shows so it didn't really matter what state I was in as long as it was a state of love and trust with my friends.
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    Sawyer wrote:
    RE4790 wrote:

take a look at my track record boss......the search function is your friend

I am familiar with your style here, especially during the Kelly Curtis session. But for the record, I hope you are correct about this, otherwise you are causing a lot of desperate fans to stress over nothing and hurting businesses that depend on AV for existence by causing overzealous PJ fans to reserve accommodations they will just have to cancel later.
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,327
    justam wrote:

justam wrote:

LaGuardia to o'hare is 244.00. LaGuardia to Milwaukee is 318.00 LaGuardia to spokane is 488.00.

On expedia right now, it's cheaper to fly from LA to chicago than LA to spokane, WA. That's surprising!
    Miami and dallas are at least 200.00 cheaper as well.
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    Won't be possible for me to do it again.

Glad to say I did it once, though.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Also, it's tough to believe the biggest goof on the board!

I will never get the bitching. My favorite band decides to do another "festival"-type weekend or an annual show Labor Day weekend at a venue. I think it's pretty damn sweet. Sure, it's not convenient for EVERYONE but they can't be everywhere all the time. Esp. if they're not doing 50 show tours (which I don't blame them- it has to be fucking brutal esp. with young families) and doing short legs then I see an annual thing like this as extremely positive. Regardless of where it is. If they move it- great, if not- great.

(hopefully) Looking forward to Labor Day weekend!

Yeah.It is hilarious people complaining about a show!
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    You know, it's entirely possible that the date at Alpine could be part of a larger USA fall tour. Just a thought.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    it will be different this year with the "lottery to buy presale link" eh?

not 9 hours of trying to get presale thru the ten club.

since the most recent shows have been for the UK & EV tours using the "lottery link to buy presale", I haven't see much feedback as to how many 10clubbers are getting the link, and maybe not to the show they wanted but to a different show they can still make, and what kind of seats they scored.

comments?

love, peace, play...

amy
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    20205525.jpg

Are you guys saying this is what we have to look forward to from now on?

As long as we get the Gorge I dont give a F!
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,123
    If true,

Doesn't this kill any possible Lolla stop?? Being that they would be restricted from playing around Chicago for 90 days or so
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    amethgr8 wrote:
    it will be different this year with the "lottery to buy presale link" eh?

not 9 hours of trying to get presale thru the ten club.

since the most recent shows have been for the UK & EV tours using the "lottery link to buy presale", I haven't see much feedback as to how many 10clubbers are getting the link, and maybe not to the show they wanted but to a different show they can still make, and what kind of seats they scored.

comments?

love, peace, play...

amy

The new system is Fare and works great.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,425
    Why are people debating every facet of a show that doesn't really exist at the moment?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Why are people debating every facet of a show that doesn't really exist at the moment?
    cos bitching is a piece of art..everyone want his own painting..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    cos bitching is a piece of art..everyone want his own painting..
    Absolutely thee best quote, EVA!!! :clap::clap::lol::lol: