Options

Talked to a buddy who works at ALPINE now.....

Comments

• Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    If true,

Doesn't this kill any possible Lolla stop?? Being that they would be restricted from playing around Chicago for 90 days or so

it's waaay too soon to have PJ as a headliner again at lolla or bonnaroo, and I think the 90 day thing is an internet fallacy. Plenty of bands play shows in chicago around lolla timel Like, hours after playing at lolla they play post shows at chicago venues.
  • Options
    thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    justam wrote:

justam wrote:
    If they're going to do something like this again, why not do the Gorge this year?

Wisconsin was awkward but people thought it was just that one time so they went. Now, it's just an impractical location without a special occasion. :?

I think the Gorge is better for all the west coast people and if the East Coast people have to fly to Wisconsin anyway, why not fly to the Gorge?

LaGuardia to o'hare is 244.00. LaGuardia to Milwaukee is 318.00 LaGuardia to spokane is 488.00.

On expedia right now, it's cheaper to fly from LA to chicago than LA to spokane, WA. That's surprising!
    Miami and dallas are at least 200.00 cheaper as well.

Why would you fly to Spokane instead of Seattle? The Gorge is more or less the halfway point between the two cities on I-90, and SeaTac Airport is a much bigger airport than Spokane.

I'm happy for the east coasters/midwesterners. I just hope that we get treated to a Gorge show or two this year. I know that shows go on there until early October, so its not inconceivable to see them doing Labor Day weekend at Alpine (since Dave Matthews Band plays at the Gorge on Labor Day Weekend), and then doing a second weekend at the Gorge. Whatever they do, please don't play the Key Arena again. I'd rather drive to Vancouver again then see them play at the Key. The Key Arena sucks, and when Ed whines about Seattle being a shit crowd, a good reason for that is because the Key Arena blows. Did I mention the Key Arena sucks?
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    lax to chicago is 22.00 more than lax to seattle.

chicago is a major hub for all airlines and it's centrally located... cheap and easy for everyone to get to. Hotels are easy to find.

PJ hasn't done a 'normal' tour in many years, I could totally see them playing alpine (as rumored) every year for the next 3 years.
  • Options
    AtPeacewithMyLustAtPeacewithMyLust Louisville,KY to Toronto Posts: 125
    cos bitching is a piece of art..everyone want his own painting..

That is just totally awesome! That made me :lol:

I had a fantastic experience at AV last year, and would be happy to go back, but I would rather make the trip back to the Gorge. I went to the 2 shows in 2006, and it was just absolutely beautiful! I guess we just have to wait and see, and probably book a room.....and soon!
    1st show-1995 Soldier Field
    10th show-2005 Thunder Bay,ON
    40th show-2012 Berlin II
    50th show-2014 Amsterdam II
    57th show-Moline,IL
    58th show-Mexico City
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    And last but not least LOCK this fucking thread also. Enough of this bullshit.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,443
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    If true,

Doesn't this kill any possible Lolla stop?? Being that they would be restricted from playing around Chicago for 90 days or so

it's waaay too soon to have PJ as a headliner again at lolla or bonnaroo, and I think the 90 day thing is an internet fallacy. Plenty of bands play shows in chicago around lolla timel Like, hours after playing at lolla they play post shows at chicago venues.

the 90 day policy doesn't apply to bands as long as the Lolla promoters are the ones doing the shows.
  • Options
    justam wrote:

Wisconsin was awkward but people thought it was just that one time so they went. Now, it's just an impractical location without a special occasion. :?
    [/quote]

I think the Gorge is better for all the west coast people and if the East Coast people have to fly to Wisconsin anyway, why not fly to the Gorge?[/quote]

How was Wisconsin awkward wondering? Was it because everyone was kind and nice and that just freaked you out? lol
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,443
    edited March 2012
    justam wrote:

I think the Gorge is better for all the west coast people and if the East Coast people have to fly to Wisconsin anyway, why not fly to the Gorge?[/quote]

How was Wisconsin awkward wondering? Was it because everyone was kind and nice and that just freaked you out? lol[/quote]

I loved Wisconsin.....had a direct flight to Milwaukee, got a good deal on a great hotel, and easily got to/from AV on the official shuttle bus. Downtown Milwaukee was lovely, and we had a great steak dinner. It was nice to look at the scenery on the way to the venue.
    Post edited by JOEJOEJOE on
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    justam wrote:

I think the Gorge is better for all the west coast people and if the East Coast people have to fly to Wisconsin anyway, why not fly to the Gorge?

How was Wisconsin awkward wondering? Was it because everyone was kind and nice and that just freaked you out? lol[/quote]

I loved Wisconsin.....had a direct flight to Milwaukee, got a good deal on a great hotel, and easily got too/from AV on the official shuttle bus. Downtown Milwaukee was lovely, and we had a great steak dinner. It was nice to look at the scenery on the way to the venue.[/quote]

Great answer and glad you and so many others had a great time. :)
  • Options
    Happy JulioHappy Julio Posts: 161
    Just created a FB group for WI PJ fans!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/192710087507906/
    2006 PJ/Petty Milwaukee Night 1
    2007 Lollapalooza Chicago
    2013 Wrigley Chicago
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    And last but not least LOCK this fucking thread also. Enough of this bullshit.

Search is your friend, boss.

*Not trolling, just tired of how every year around this time we get a dozen or so "Confirmed: Pearl Jam playing ..." because their father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate overheard something. That being said, I do hope this show happens and the band remembers that it has paying fans outside of north-central Europe and that just because a state went red in 2008, doesn't mean you shouldn't play there.
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    Personally, I'm loving all the speculation. Lots of Pearl Jam fans excited about what our favorite group of guys might do. Sure, I'll be disappointed if they don't play any shows here in 2012 but what if they do? AV is closer to me than the Gorge but I can probably afford only 1 trip this year so I'll have to make a choice. Unfortunately, I missed out on PJ20 so I'll be thrilled no matter where they go. But isn't it fun hoping?
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Why are people debating every facet of a show that doesn't really exist at the moment?

:lol::lol: There's bitching, bitching about the bitching, bitching about hypothetical shows, got pretty much all the bases covered here :lol: This kind of reminds me of Forrest Gump "you got your merchandise bitching, tour the south bitching, bitching about bitching, etc..."
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    riotgrl wrote:
    .... but I can probably afford only 1 trip this year so I'll have to make a choice....

Which is why speculation can be dangerous. It would be sad for people to not get to go to a show because they were holding out for an online rumor or to use up their limited dollars on bookings because they got "punk'd" by forum kids. Of course the strategy of not announcing all the shows at once has the same effect.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    slickweed wrote:
    are you fucking kidding me
    wisfuckingconsin
    again?

Pardon me?
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    slickweed wrote:
    wisfuckingconsin
    again?

Pardon me?

oh yeah sure
    eau claire
    :mrgreen:
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    URthekey wrote:
    While I think that Wisconsin is not the most interesting locations to hold an anual event, it was an easy trip from almost anywhere, and for the few days we were all there, it served well.

I had a great time in Lake Geneva and at the shows so it didn't really matter what state I was in as long as it was a state of love and trust with my friends.

Are you serious not so easy for someone who lives on the other side of the world !!!!!
    Sydney Ent Centre: 10/03/1995

All the rusted signs we ignore thoughout our lives
    Choosing the shiny ones instead
  • Options
    phungiphungi Posts: 640

and they are already flipping them on eBay...
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    slickweed wrote:
    slickweed wrote:
    wisfuckingconsin
    again?

Pardon me?

oh yeah sure
    eau claire
    :mrgreen:

Haha just giving you crap. Say what you want about wisconsin. :lol: :thumbup:
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,846
    No matter where they play, people will still bitch.

"What? In my own backyard? But I'll have to climb down that staircase...."
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    okay maybe I'm feeling annoyingly optimistic but let's just be happy when they announce stuff that they are playing, and even if we don't make it for whatever reason there will be a bunch of happy 10-clubbers
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    pumpkinheadpumpkinhead Posts: 570
    Just booked a refundable room at East Troy just in case. :D
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    mca47 wrote:
    If it happens, then I'm there. Just don't see it happening.
    Is it me, or does it kinda take away from the "special-ness" that was PJ20? :?

Funny you mention that....anytime someone expressed disappointment that PJ didnt play the US in 2011, they were beaten over the head that the reason was so that Alpine could stand alone.....the band going back a year later obviously makes that line of reasoning sort of suspect. Anyway, I really hope Alpine doesn't somehow represent the 2012 US tour as well.
  • Options
    I hope this happens, as I wasn't able to make it to Alpine last year!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    As long as Alpine is only part of a larger US tour I am happy.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    It blows my mind to think about recreating last year's PJ20. It was amazing... could it possibly measure up to last labor day? All I know is, I had a blast, and I'd make that roadtrip again in a heartbeat. Met so many great people, made a ton of irreplaceable memories. I'd book the sameeeee campground as last year, McIntyre's. had a great time!!!!! Hope to have the privilege of doing it again, as long as I'm financially stable! :D
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I would do it only if it is the only stop.
  • Options
    PhishNoCPhishNoC Tennessee Posts: 325
    If the multi-year deal at Alpine rumor is true, maybe this is a new version of "The Experiment" where we can get the whole catalog. I can hope.
    Discarding all thought

PJ: 03/25/94, 08/15/00, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 09/22/12, 09/30/12, 07/19/13, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/03/14, 10/08/14, 10/14/14, 10/16/14, 10/17/14, 10/19/14, 10/20/14, 04/16/16, 04/18/16, 04/21/16, 04/26/16, 08/20/16, 08/22/16

EV: 06/20/09, 07/01/11, 11/18/12, 11/19/12, 11/21/12
  • Options
    pj20 was meant to be a one off celebration of 20 year..not an annaul event..it would take some of the gloss of last year for me if this went ahead in the same venue.especially for overseas fans that travelled so far to be at a event .if heald annually would not be as meaningfull.

ok do a big open air show once a year but not at aplin again or at least not so soon after pj20

just my 2cents worth
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,049
    I would go if there's more "appropriate" opening acts than some "random bands" no matter how good they are.

If there is a 2-day event with bands that you could see sort of had a connection to the band (and not being some people EV got to now the last 2-3 years) or have been around through the years I would go.

DAY1
    My Morning Jacket
    Alice In Chains
    Neil Young
    Members from MMJ, AiC and Neil Young playing a few PJ songs as a tribute.
    Pearl Jam

DAY2
    Kings of Leon
    Sonic Youth
    The Who
    Members from KoL, SY and The Who playing a few PJ songs as a tribute.
    Pearl Jam
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"