Stock Market

Comments

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    dankind wrote:
    My company tried to sell me options on our stock at a huge premium. I think our stock trades at $1.80, and they wanted me to shell out around $3.50 a share for 3,000 shares.

I declined as politely as I could.

It was awkward.

generally, options are granted, and then you choose when to exercise.

i won't details, but i have some options that have a huge spread on teh strike price. it's sort of comical...at this point, they are all underwater, but when my day comes to leave, if they are still under water, i'm going to exercise one share just because. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    1000'S OF SHARES being sold atm

closed @ 7.03

let's see how this opens ...patient neily
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i will never understand how an increase of 8% in same store sales is bad when the company has been around for as longs as i can remember :roll:

oh well...S&P500 needed a chance to catch up a little bit. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    GOTTA SELL..I DON'T TRUST THIS COMPANY
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    +10% today :shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Looks like 13k is the ceiling...for now
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    crap day... :x oh well... march 18th is gonna be the important day.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i sold to early....sucks having no trust in your company :twisted:

it was named on cnbc as a buy now stock so it went sky high...oh well
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    81 wrote:

Sounds fishy...as if they manufactured positive news to combat a price drop from so many people exercising their options!
    sucks that there is so much corruption on wall street. it's like living in bizzaro world.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    81 wrote:

Sounds fishy...as if they manufactured positive news to combat a price drop from so many people exercising their options!

my owner..howard lutnick(probably heard of him...head of cantor ) buys them all right back up

he is a piece of shit..yea he took care of all the families who lost people on 9/11,but he will cut your throat in a heatbeat

thats why we have to sell..we have no faith in him....i could show up for work monday and have no job and no stock...crazy world down here
    looks like we should have all jumped on bank of america up 13% over the last couple of days

oh well

in other exciting news...Nokia said they are working on a tablet, shooting the stock up 6% 8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    81 wrote:
    looks like we should have all jumped on bank of america up 13% over the last couple of days

oh well

in other exciting news...Nokia said they are working on a tablet, shooting the stock up 6% 8-)
    Yes we all should have :shifty:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    81 wrote:

oh well

well done.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

oh well

well done.....
    Sold my Apple stock to do it :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    81 wrote:

well done.....
    no confidence in the ipad3?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:

well done.....
    no confidence in the ipad3?

new ipad :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    new ipad :lol:
    Exactly :lol:

Nah... as a relative percentage... better odds of pickup in financials short term...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    even at 600 (a 50% increase over the last 3 months), you can make a case that apple is under valued with that cash/investments of 100B at the end of the last qtr, and zero long term debt, and a pe of only 16.5
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    even at 600 (a 50% increase over the last 3 months), you can make a case that apple is under valued with that cash/investments of 100B at the end of the last qtr, and zero long term debt, and a pe of only 16.5
    Oh I know it is... but this is relative short term movements... More bang for your buck.
    I think it hits 750 before end of year at this pace...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    81 wrote:
    Oh I know it is... but this is relative short term movements... More bang for your buck.
    I think it hits 750 before end of year at this pace...
    Agreed. And their forecasting of iPad purchases I just read is astounding. In PM class last night we talked about how AAPL will be killing it for at least the next 3 years. They need to screw up twice before their price shows any downturn.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Agreed. And their forecasting of iPad purchases I just read is astounding. In PM class last night we talked about how AAPL will be killing it for at least the next 3 years. They need to screw up twice before their price shows any downturn.

it will be interesting to see how the windows 8 tablet impacts their sales. rumor has it, nokia could have one out in the 4th qtr.

i think apple is set for the short term, but it will be interesting to see what new products they can come up with next
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Right. We studied the decade+ performances of first Compaq (80s), then Dell (90s), now Apple(00s+). In each era, their product was the "cool" buy. They were each run by fantastic management and solid cost structure. The day will come for Apple as you say, and we are in uncharted waters with their stock. Its wayyy too difficult to predict more than 3 years in the future for a company, as you know.

I actually just got back from London on a global seminar. 9 meetings with companies in 5 days. It really is the world's global financial centre. You can wake up to the asian markets, work the euro markets and trade the US market in the evening. These guys make it happen on a whole nother level.
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    81 wrote:

it will be interesting to see how the windows 8 tablet impacts their sales. rumor has it, nokia could have one out in the 4th qtr.

i think apple is set for the short term, but it will be interesting to see what new products they can come up with next

and the Nokia tab should be pretty sweet looking as it's being designed by the same person who inked the N9 and the Lumia which is coming out next month. Nokia and Microsoft are apparently planning a major marketing campaign for the phone.

I think Nokia stocks are going to do quite well long term. I think Windows will break the ecosystem.
    -
    Cool concept phone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP2kgxsFAfE
    Idris wrote:
    81 wrote:

and the Nokia tab should be pretty sweet looking as it's being designed by the same person who inked the N9 and the Lumia which is coming out next month. Nokia and Microsoft are apparently planning a major marketing campaign for the phone.

I think Nokia stocks are going to do quite well long term. I think Windows will break the ecosystem.
    -
    Cool concept phone

i hope so. some fund last week said on cbc they sold off some of their apple holdings to buy nokia and commented they can see it tripeling from it's current level. i hope so. i've already made my wager on it.

everything about the lumina has been positive and windows 8 has been getting reviews on phones.

april 8th is the current scheduled release day. defiantly be alot of marketing behind it....including a john kruck commercial
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Ecclestone Estimates Formula One IPO At US$10B, Hires Goldman Sachs To Investigate

http://ca.autoblog.com/2012/03/21/ecclestone-estimates-formula-one-ipo-at-us-10b-hires-goldman-sa
  • 81 wrote:
    who pulled the rug out from under me.

today = ouch.
    Feeling better now ?
    81 wrote:
    who pulled the rug out from under me.

today = ouch.
    Feeling better now ?

:lol:

keep bouncing around near my personal all time high.

ytd i am up 15%,my bench line is the s&p 500 and it is up 11.5% ytd

can't complain to much...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I just put what I can in my 401k and the leftover in a Roth IRA in mutual funds.

I dont dig trading individual stocks because I dont think I can beat the pros/MFs, and I also hate the tax situation. I did do very well on Fortune, GE, Microsoft and McDonalds. Got rid of all my IS though.