What is WITH guys having their hand in their pants????

2»

Comments

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    when I met an actor from the Wire on hbo on a train coming from NYC, he did that, but i don't think he was holding his package (I read through this thread and noticed you said not just sticking their hand in a little)
    i did not notice until i looked thru my pics of him years later.

i worked with a very nasty man who did that years ago. otherwise, i don't see it much.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    senrock, i guess you'll have to go to a shrink and ask them why men constantly grope their genitals around you b/c I can't find it completely addressed in any body language articles online :)

it's sort of discussed here (aggressive)
    http://www.newthinktank.com/2010/06/arm ... -language/

and here, "Hands Hidden from Sight: This is a sly and secretive gesture. The person is saying, "I don't want to communicate with you." This is especially true for hands that are thrust deep into pockets where there can be no touching, hand-holding or any kind of intimacy."
    "Hands in Pockets: Other indications of the hands giving the liar away are playing with one's neckline, shoving a hand into a jacket, shirt or blouse, or deep into trouser pockets."
    http://www.bemyastrologer.com/body_language_plus.html
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Honestly...Its simply a phenomenon that us males do it. And its not just men, Went up stairs to
    check on the kids before bed..where was my sons hand sleeping..YUP! you guessed it...he's 12... :shock:

its an odd thing I admit..but we do it and that's that....maybe its the same reason women go to the bathroom
    together...security maybe?
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    I know, next time you see it, approach one saying you are conducting research and ask them?

Then report your findings to us.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    ....maybe its the same reason women go to the bathroom
    together...security maybe?

I can go to the bathroom by myself thankyouverymuch.

I HATE when girls go to the bathroom together and all walk in as a big pack blocking everything...laughing, screaming, cackling...hogging the mirror/sink to slap on more spackle on their face and get annoyed because you are using the bathroom for real purposes and need to wash your hands. :x :roll:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:

I HATE when girls go to the bathroom together and all walk in as a big pack blocking everything...laughing, screaming, cackling...hogging the mirror/sink to slap on more spackle on their face and get annoyed because you are using the bathroom for real purposes and need to wash your hands. :x :roll:
    Me too ... The flock always block the good peep holes.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    RKCNDY wrote:

Me too ... The flock always block the good peep holes.

I would have thought you'd put on a dress and wig and hide out in one of the stalls.... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • A wig and a dress, AND his hand down his pants??....This thread has take a turn for the worse! :shock:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Lizard wrote:
    i wanna hear what crojam has to say about this.......

Off-topic, but I love the cat in your signature :)
    Thanks, Leeze!!
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

funny-pictures-history-my-hand-was-not-in-my-pantaloons.jpg
    sure..whatever you say..... 8-)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    Just like I answered in the "why do people back their cars into parking spaces" thread:
    Just so we're always ready to get a move-on!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Lizard wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

funny-pictures-history-my-hand-was-not-in-my-pantaloons.jpg
    sure..whatever you say..... 8-)

next time i see crojam he better be wearing pantaloons...sen can even pj customize them :P :lol:
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Lizard wrote:

I told Sen if she starts this thread, I'd be outed as a crotch shuffler on the board

Which I can live with, just regret not putting a wager in ;)
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    I'll wear them to next years rose bowl Norm
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I'll wear them to next years rose bowl Norm

:lol::lol: deal!
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    my 17 year-old son has been doing this lately. I keep threatening to break his fingers by punching him in the nuts.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i need a reminder every now and again that it's still there :P
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    i worked with a guy that checked his package every time he walked through a door
    full hand-on package check
    any door or any entrance to a room even if there was no door
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
    i worked with a guy that checked his package every time he walked through a door

what's to check? there's no way he could have left it in another room.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    iluvcats wrote:

he could if it had a strap.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Lizard wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:

he could if it had a strap.

:lol:

he wished
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"

- Christopher McCandless
This discussion has been closed.