Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    My wife is cool about me hanging my PJ posters up. Every poster I own is on a wall somewhere in the house and most of them are in the living room for everybody to see. She'll stand in line with me at shows to get them, go to the framing store with me to pick stuff out and all that good stuff. I'm know she doesn't love them nearly as much as I do, but she's never really complained about them or said no. So I have no complaints at all on my end.
    Same here! :)
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    I can't get the images to display so I'll link to them. If someone can post them for me, thank you in advance.

This is an A/P of the U2/PJ poster I purchased in a charity auction a year or so ago. It's my favorite poster and the lighthouse doodled by Brad Klausen has very special meaning to me... I can't thank Brad enough. He did an amazing job. (the lighting is a little off in the last picture but it shows how perfectly it fit and some detail of the frame)

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q294 ... oodle1.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q294 ... doodle.jpg

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    maverick wrote:
    I can't get the images to display so I'll link to them. If someone can post them for me, thank you in advance.

heres one:
    nxnx3b.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    maverick wrote:

heres one:
    nxnx3b.jpg

Uhmmmm.... BRILLIANT!!!! To those that only use black frames, what ya think now?!?!?
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    mine's already on the wall!

Porto Alegre (11/11/11), Brazil!

Isn't it great?

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r488/teinloft/IMG_0174.jpg
    Porto Alegre '05
    Porto Alegre '11
    Porto Alegre '15
    São Paulo '15
  • Options
    As a person who only uses black frames I love it! Then again a black frame just wouldn't work with this print anyway
    pjradio wrote:
    maverick wrote:

heres one:
    nxnx3b.jpg

Uhmmmm.... BRILLIANT!!!! To those that only use black frames, what ya think now?!?!?
    Miami 92,WPB 2008,Tampa 2008,MSG 2008#1, EV Baltimore 2009 Night#2,EV ATL 2009, Seattle 2009, Jazzfest 2010, WM3 Arkansas 2010,Bridge School 2010
  • Options
    teinloft wrote:
    mine's already on the wall!

Porto Alegre (11/11/11), Brazil!

Isn't it great?

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r488/teinloft/IMG_0174.jpg

nice!!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    This is the other thing - I have a DC 06 I'd love to frame, and a Dusseldorf 07, EMEK's coming out the yang, a Showbox Warbird... I don't even ask about framing them, because I know it will be met with an unequivical "No".... everything I own is tastefully done, but still no, no art depicting women, no war scenes... not to mention absolutely nothing by adam jones...

It kills me... over christmas I gave away a Hampton, Toronto 05 Audioslave print because I just couldn't take it anymore... The print was from one of the 1st shows I ever went to, the show was killer, I have the best memories of it... The poster was the first gigart I ever bought - I wound up getting introduced to the whole industry and JH through the A/P I bought from him (as a result of knowing a guy at my internship who collected PJ posters and was big into the gigart scene)... and for christmas I just gave it away... "No naked women, ever"... doesn't matter that it meant the world to me... got so sick of it sitting in a closet at my parents house that I gave it to my college roommate who has asked me for it a million times.... now I get to see it once a year when I visit him.... at least it's no longer being hide from the world I guess...

crushed....

I just don't get it...

Shep,
    This sounds like a very sad situation. :cry: I don't know what I would do if I were being berated by someone I loved over something that was so dear to me.

Collecting and hanging PJ ART is very taste specific but as long as it's done well, there shouldn't be so much push back. It sounds like it's her way or the highway and I image it's that way a lot.

It seams reasonable that you should get one room in the house, be it a guest or office, some place that you can hang as many that will fit. You can rotate them throughout the year to enjoy all your prints.
    If some are truly offensives to her you could maybe hang those inside the closet.

It's a matter of respecting each other.

BTW, I'm a female and I have a beautiful home filled with ART , I only get compliments on it even when I know the viewers aren't into it. :D

I hope things get better for you, the pain in your words is palpable.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,710
    maverick wrote:

This is an A/P of the U2/PJ poster I purchased in a charity auction a year or so ago. It's my favorite poster and the lighthouse doodled by Brad Klausen has very special meaning to me... I can't thank Brad enough. He did an amazing job. (the lighting is a little off in the last picture but it shows how perfectly it fit and some detail of the frame)

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q294 ... oodle1.jpg

They are just amazing. Great work B
  • Options
    Just got mine back:
    a0dool.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    ^ That's bad ass!
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    ^ That's bad ass!
    Digging it big time
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    ^ That's bad ass!
    Digging it big time

:thumbup:
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    hmmmmmm.......wonder how uch i could sell mine for in that frame :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Sawyer wrote:
    hmmmmmm.......wonder how uch i could sell mine for in that frame :lol:

alot... :oops:
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    Just got mine back:
    a0dool.jpg

WOW amazing, I love it :clap::clap:
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    Just got mine back:
    a0dool.jpg

That is incredible! Love it. :D
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    pjradio wrote:
    Just got mine back:
    a0dool.jpg

Very nice :thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    Just got mine back:
    a0dool.jpg

absolute cracker
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    pjradio wrote:
    Just got mine back:
    a0dool.jpg

****CONGRADULATIONS****

I dont know if I love the red around it or just like it. I know I dont hate it. Dont get me wrong it looks amazing and your one of the lucky ones that have one. So as long as you love it thats all that matters. :D:clap: :thumbup:

Ill tell you one thing it sure does make me want to frame mine so bad I just had a tear well up in my eye :lol: .... :(
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    The orange frame is a ballsy move, but man does it work. its so striking like that.

I dont actually like the print at all, but thats one hell of a framing job
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    The orange frame is a ballsy move, but man does it work. its so striking like that.

I dont actually like the print at all, but thats one hell of a framing job

Don't want to be critical. To each his own. I think Striking is the right word. But, your eye is drawn to the frame instead of accentuating the art (My eye can't stop being drawn to the dramatic frame). But, I'm a color blind man who doesn't notice when his wife puts up new drapes. So, I would take what I say with a grain of salt.

Enjoy!!!
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,931
    I think it actually balances the print a little more bringing the Octopuss to the eye instead of the overbearing bear...like it, but yeah - not a fan of the print tbh. Prob would have loved it had I been there. :D
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Thought I would share on this thread as well

DSC00430-1.jpg

DSC00432-1.jpg

DSC00434-1.jpg
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    Above the mantle with this one, wow if you have a wife she must be the coolest!
    daviecoop wrote:
    Thought I would share on this thread as well

DSC00430-1.jpg

DSC00432-1.jpg

DSC00434-1.jpg
  • Options
    ahill721 wrote:
    Above the mantle with this one, wow if you have a wife she must be the coolest!

Years and years of attrition mate!!

No I joke, she is actually very cool, I have a poster on two walls and a guitar on the other.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    your eye is drawn to the frame instead of accentuating the art (My eye can't stop being drawn to the dramatic frame).

a0dool.jpg

The frame is not that bright...pic is skewed by a flash on the right side...the actual frame color is more to the Left side....waaaayy darker. I wanted to accentuate the Orange Octopus that is in the middle of the print (actually, I have no clue what I'm doing, just looked cool to me)
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    your eye is drawn to the frame instead of accentuating the art (My eye can't stop being drawn to the dramatic frame).

a0dool.jpg

The frame is not that bright...pic is skewed by a flash on the right side...the actual frame color is more to the Left side....waaaayy darker. I wanted to accentuate the Orange Octopus that is in the middle of the print (I have no clue what I'm doing, just looked cool to me)
    Frame is definitely cool. And you're right. I think it's the brightness that keeps drawing my lazy brain. In case you didn't know, I don't like to think.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Havent seen this one done yet.

002-1.jpg