***YIELD Campaign Cincinnati 2006***

Comments

• YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    Oh 1 more thing...please be respectful with your signs...I hate signs at the concerts...block people's view. Ok...had to say it.

Couldn't agree more...we're all PJ vets here. We won't get in folks' way from enjoying the show. Some dip with a big sign was in the way in Chicago so I know how it feels to not be able to see because of signs. Some chick had a "Smile" sign in St Paul as well. As long as it's during an encore or something when there's no music being played, I'm fine with it.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Hahaha...it was never hostility...I was just messing with you guys. Sorry if it came off different, just giving you a hard time.

I know, just trying to get a rise out of us...for shits and giggles.

:D

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    Hahaha...it was never hostility...I was just messing with you guys. Sorry if it came off different, just giving you a hard time.

I was beginning to think twice about wearing Filas to US Bank Arena if you kept up your hostile ways. ;)
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    I know, just trying to get a rise out of us...for shits and giggles.

PBM

Well it worked....no giggles...but I have to go change my pants now.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Let's get this thread rocking liek the "ahem" Philly threads. We got potential, we got a purpose, we got YIELD, we got a CCFA Fundraiser on the same floating platform as Hooters.

GIVEN TO FLY will be the opener on 6/24/2006.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    fanch75 wrote:
    GIVEN TO FLY will be the opener on 6/24/2006.

I can think of no finer song to open up YIELD night in the 'Natti!
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
    RockKing wrote:
    I can think of no finer song to open up YIELD night in the 'Natti!

See my screen name. :)
    Morning my Cincinnati People!

Just bumpin this big, thyck round azz.
    fanch75 wrote:
    Morning my Cincinnati People!

Just bumpin this big, thyck round azz.

Good morning Brother Fanch. 3 weeks from today!

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
    RockKing wrote:

Dude. I am ready for Cincy. I have friends in the Camden tailgating thread and they're all headed to East Rutherford tonight. Man, I want to go to a show today!

That's okay though, because we have Cincy, Yield Night, and a CCFA Fundraiser at Hooters - AND THEY DON'T.
    fanch75 wrote:
    Dude. I am ready for Cincy. I have friends in the Camden tailgating thread and they're all headed to East Rutherford tonight. Man, I want to go to a show today!

That's okay though, because we have Cincy, Yield Night, and a CCFA Fundraiser at Hooters - AND THEY DON'T.

I know what you mean. I got spoiled by Chicago and Cleveland all in the same week. This layover is brutal.

RockKing wrote:
    This layover is brutal.

Especially when everyone calls you from shows when YIELD songs are on. :p
    Especially when everyone calls you from shows when YIELD songs are on. :p

Heh, I can't even imagine.

I have a question about the sending in postcards idea. Do you think it's better to all send in our own uniquely designed postcards, or to have someone create a design in PDF and then have everyone print out and mail that postcard in?

• PJaholicPJaholic Posts: 81
    I would love to hang with my fellow Yield buddied but the 3 shows so far have burned away the little savings I have.

I'm gonna have to get a second job just to put into the PJ fund!!!
    "i'm lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side"
  • feathersfeathers Posts: 84
    I'm all for Yield, and I certainly support this...

...but can we have them play "Black" too? It's my favorite, and I haven't heard it yet. ;)
    04/18/03
    10/06/04
    06/24/06
    08/05/07
    06/16/08
    feathers wrote:
    I'm all for Yield, and I certainly support this...

...but can we have them play "Black" too? It's my favorite, and I haven't heard it yet. ;)

I'm never opposed to hearing Black. Always a great concert moment. But we simply can't allow anything to interfere with the number of YIELD songs that we are trying to hear.

• feathersfeathers Posts: 84
    RockKing wrote:
    I'm never opposed to hearing Black. Always a great concert moment. But we simply can't allow anything to interfere with the number of YIELD songs that we are trying to hear.

I don't think that will be a problem...after all, ALL of Yield won't even take up half an average-sized setlist...
    04/18/03
    10/06/04
    06/24/06
    08/05/07
    06/16/08
    feathers wrote:
    I don't think that will be a problem...after all, ALL of Yield won't even take up half an average-sized setlist...

I agree. I'm sure Black will be fit in there somewhere.

RockKing wrote:
    Heh, I can't even imagine.

I have a question about the sending in postcards idea. Do you think it's better to all send in our own uniquely designed postcards, or to have someone create a design in PDF and then have everyone print out and mail that postcard in?

I was thinking a uniform post card would be best. But the council should vote on it. :)
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    RockKing wrote:

YEAH!!!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
    Jeninthbox is bringing the YIELD Night- Cincinnati sign to E. Rutherford again tonight. Let's hope we get acknowledgement from a band member this time. Just a head nod, anyone. :)
    Jeninthbox is bringing the YIELD Night- Cincinnati sign to E. Rutherford again tonight. Let's hope we get acknowledgement from a band member this time. Just a head nod, anyone. :)

IN HIDING played tonight = acknowledgment. :)
    IN HIDING played tonight = acknowledgment. :)

Excellent news! I heard this gem via Jen's cell. It was actually listenable! I was enjoying a nice Mexican dinner of authentic tacos whilst listening to IN HIDING live via cell. Nice!

In other news, I'm currently listening to Oasis's "The Masterplan" opus, and thinking about heading to da club and shit.
  • Danny BoyDanny Boy Posts: 161
    Drove back from Evansville, Indiana to Louisville today and listened to Yield in its entirety. You fuckers got me thinking, and I dig it. Really hoping to hear Faithfull, No Way, In Hiding and All Those Yesterdays. E. Rutherford got In Hiding... lucky bastards. I also would like to see some Lost Dogs make an appearance. I saw Sad and Undone at the Gorge and those songs were awesome. Hard To Imagine as a Cincy opener, tiiiiiiiiiight - one can hope, yeh???

Keep this thread bumping, folks. And why not add an Indy show why they're at it?
    Trading magic for fact, no tradebacks... So this is what it's like to be an adult...
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    My only concern for this show is that PBW will be 12 weeks pregnant.

Am I a terrible father-to-be for taking my expecting wife to a Pearl Jam show?

PBM

whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

Now I'm PISSED you did not tell me. :( :mad:

Kidding aside...but that's a f*ing WONDERFUL thing to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):):):)

Ah, just perfect timing to develop that kid with PJ tunes at the show!! :D

Now....my question is....

Do I tell the interpreter(s) to practice only on the YIELD songs?

Congrats, you silly kids.... ;)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
    IamMine wrote:

Now....my question is....

Do I tell the interpreter(s) to practice only on the YIELD songs?

Congrats, you silly kids.... ;)

Interpreters???
    Trading magic for fact, no tradebacks... So this is what it's like to be an adult...
  • Who cares about Yield. No Code is better.
    Who cares about Yield. No Code is better.

I agree with that assessment, although Yield is pretty fuckin' good. I'm going and forth between it and the new album right now.
  • Hope you guys get a huge dose of yield on the 24th!!

Good luck!

Maybe some of the vibe will carry over to the aussie shows later this year ;)
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    Murder wrote:
    Hope you guys get a huge dose of yield on the 24th!!

Good luck!

Maybe some of the vibe will carry over to the aussie shows later this year ;)

good karma for us, is good karma for you.

:)
    take your money and your drugs.