***YIELD Campaign Cincinnati 2006***

Comments

• darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    While I'm wanting the majority of the setlist to be from the Avocado, I think a good amount of Yield songs would fit nicely into the catalog!! I'd love to hear Brain of J, Given to Fly, In Hiding, Faithful, Low Light, Do the Evolution, and All Those Yesterdays up there with Worldwide Suicide, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Unemployable, Gone, Army Reserve, Come Back, Comatose, Parachutes, and Inside Job!! Hearing all these songs from these two albums for the night would be an AMAZING show!!! Let the Yield Campaign hold true!!

Lord Vedder
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    My only concern for this show is that PBW will be 12 weeks pregnant.

Am I a terrible father-to-be for taking my expecting wife to a Pearl Jam show?

PBM

If the number of pregnant women I've seen at my last two Pearl Jam shows (Tampa 2003 & Kissimmee 2004) is any indication, then I say 12 weeks is hardly a risk at all.

I swear I saw women in the upper levels in Tampa who were in their third trimesters.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    grace6697 wrote:
    my pleasure. i'll bring it back again soon. the boys need reminders.

it's $508 for two tickets into the Natti. this is looking less and less likely.

Fly into Detroit and drive from there. :D Make it happen.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    Where's the "official" Cincinnatie Vitalogy campaign?
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    know1 wrote:
    Where's the "official" Cincinnatie Vitalogy campaign?

You'll have to make your own. It may be lonely in that thread. ;)
    You'll have to make your own. It may be lonely in that thread. ;)

Why? In my opinion, Vitalogy is the better album. I like Yield a lot, but I'm not in favor of having an overabundance of those particular songs at that concert.

• grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    know1 wrote:
    Why? In my opinion, Vitalogy is the better album. I like Yield a lot, but I'm not in favor of having an overabundance of those particular songs at that concert.

you are barking up the wrong tree, my love.
    take your money and your drugs.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    know1 wrote:
    I like Yield a lot, but I'm not in favor of having an overabundance of those particular songs at that concert.

Then, you're in the wrong thread man. :p

:D

We're on a mission from God.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    Then, you're in the wrong thread man. :p

We're on a mission from God.

PBM

Then by all means carry on. If God is behind this, who am I to stand in the way! :)

know1 wrote:

To each his own...I wouldn't mind hearing Tremor Christ in the Natti between PILATE and FAITHFULL. :)
  • Danny BoyDanny Boy Posts: 161
    Good to see the lads and lassies of the greater Natti area bumping for their beloved... Moved to Louisville in December, still in South Jersey getting ready to fly out and my next show is in the Natti.

Camden shows were fucking tight - saw on the MP that they soundchecked All Those Yesterdays for Camden I and was itching to have that as the closer. Maybe in the Midwest.

Gracie6697 - you were about 5 rows in front of me for Camden II; I saw your sign and dug it, was really fuckin' hoping they'd break it out. I was fortunate enough to the first playing of No Way live in Pittsburgh 98'. Also haven't seen In Hiding in quite a spell...

I'm not as much of a Yield fan as most of the folks in here, don't really have a favorite album to be honest but if I had to choose would probably go with No Code. Yield's strong though, and I'd love to see an All Those Yesterdays closer in the Natti, maybe Red Dot playng when they take the stage and of course some In Hiding, Faithfull and No Way somewhere in between.

Hope your thread keeps getting bumped. Peace ~
    Trading magic for fact, no tradebacks... So this is what it's like to be an adult...
    Danny Boy wrote:
    Yield's strong though

I like that attitude man.
    Danny Boy wrote:
    Hope your thread keeps getting bumped.

Rock on dude.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    seriously, will this be the show of shows this year? I cant wait.

*signs name here*
  • To each his own...I wouldn't mind hearing Tremor Christ in the Natti between PILATE and FAITHFULL. :)
    If that's not the best idea I've heard all day...
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
    I like that attitude man.

Rock on dude.

PBM

Thanks, PBM. And congrats to you and PBW for the fututre jammer currently preparing to make his/her way into the greater Kentucky area. One thing I left out regarding the show in the Natti... and I'm sure you all felt my pain in 03'. I had flown down from Alaska for Chicago, Cincy and Indy in 2003 and was fucking crushed when I rolled up to the will call window at the United Center and saw the dreaded "Cincinnati show cancelled due to flooding" sign. Twas on the verge of sickness.

I have never felt that this band owes any of us shit. I got a feeling that they know fully how saddened a good portion of us were and think they're going to play the show of shows on June 24th.

And a shitload of Yield wouldn't bother me in the least.

Request: Ed preset solo - - The Times They Are A Changin'.

Cheers~
    Trading magic for fact, no tradebacks... So this is what it's like to be an adult...
    Danny Boy wrote:
    Thanks, PBM. And congrats to you and PBW for the fututre jammer currently preparing to make his/her way into the greater Kentucky area. One thing I left out regarding the show in the Natti... and I'm sure you all felt my pain in 03'. I had flown down from Alaska for Chicago, Cincy and Indy in 2003 and was fucking crushed when I rolled up to the will call window at the United Center and saw the dreaded "Cincinnati show cancelled due to flooding" sign. Twas on the verge of sickness.

I have never felt that this band owes any of us shit. I got a feeling that they know fully how saddened a good portion of us were and think they're going to play the show of shows on June 24th.

And a shitload of Yield wouldn't bother me in the least.

Request: Ed preset solo - - The Times They Are A Changin'.

Cheers~

I can't imagine the feeling of a cancelled PJ show. This campaign is in place to make sure they know they should do something special for Cincinnatians and it just so happens that the special thing can be YIELD songs-a-plenty.. :)
    I can't imagine the feeling of a cancelled PJ show. This campaign is in place to make sure they know they should do something special for Cincinnatians. :)

Try to imagine braiding George the Animal Steel's back hair... that was what it felt like.
    Danny Boy wrote:
    Try to imagine braiding George the Animal Steel's back hair... that was what it felt like.

Obscure wrestling reference.

Nice.

PBM

Danny Boy wrote:

That's nasty...could be as bad as being put in a Camel Clutch by the Sheik. :)
  • speaking of wrestling...
    I saw someone with a Stone Cold Steve Austion shirt on the other day
    pretty badass considering IT'S A NEW FUCKING MILLENIUM!

anyway...
    speaking of wrestling...

anyway...

Tell me it wasn't at a Pearl Jam show, please.... He could've at least rounded up a George the Animal Steel tee.
  • Danny Boy wrote:
    Tell me it wasn't at a Pearl Jam show, please.... He could've at least rounded up a George the Animal Steel tee.
    I can't remember where the hell I was, but it wasn't a show...
    speaking of wrestling...

anyway...

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat will always be my favorite wrestler.

On topic: I like YIELD and want it in the Natti.
    Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat will always be my favorite wrestler.

On topic: I like YIELD and want it in the Natti.

You guys planning any kind of t-shirt or poster campaign??? I'm thinking after the first encore the crowd should break into All Those Yesterdays, at least those in the crowd familiar with this jewel.
    Danny Boy wrote:
    You guys planning any kind of t-shirt or poster campaign??? I'm thinking after the first encore the crowd should break into All Those Yesterdays, at least those in the crowd familiar with this jewel.

That's not a bad idea....or we could all start singing Red Dot

We're all crazy....
    We're all crazy and we're

(lyrics from PJ.com)
    That's not a bad idea....or we could all start singing Red Dot

We're all crazy....
    We're all crazy and we're

(lyrics from PJ.com)

That would be tight... Forgive the continual ATY bump - - just need to catch it live one time. Red Dot sing-along would be proper all things considered.
    Danny Boy wrote:
    That would be tight... Forgive the continual ATY bump - - just need to catch it live one time. Red Dot sing-along would be proper all things considered.

There is no need to ask for forgiveness for wanting ANY YIELD song to be played. Especially one as good as ATY.
  • superflowsuperflow Posts: 4
    I agree some of the best live songs are songs off Yield and it would be awsome to here more of them more often...Great Idea I am just wishing for a way to get to cinnci
    **YIELD CAMPAIGN 2006** - Cincinnati, Ohio
    There is no need to ask for forgiveness for wanting ANY YIELD song to be played. Especially one as good as ATY.

Heading to the Philly airport now... will continue on with you fellow Midwesterners at a later date. Like I said earlier, keep the campaign strong.

Before I get on my way would like to mention that the opening of SVT when the band rolls up with All Those Yesterdays playing is probably one of my favorite Pearl Jam-commercially-released DVD moments.
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    Danny Boy wrote:
    Good to see the lads and lassies of the greater Natti area bumping for their beloved... Moved to Louisville in December, still in South Jersey getting ready to fly out and my next show is in the Natti.

Camden shows were fucking tight - saw on the MP that they soundchecked All Those Yesterdays for Camden I and was itching to have that as the closer. Maybe in the Midwest.

Gracie6697 - you were about 5 rows in front of me for Camden II; I saw your sign and dug it, was really fuckin' hoping they'd break it out. I was fortunate enough to the first playing of No Way live in Pittsburgh 98'. Also haven't seen In Hiding in quite a spell...

I'm not as much of a Yield fan as most of the folks in here, don't really have a favorite album to be honest but if I had to choose would probably go with No Code. Yield's strong though, and I'd love to see an All Those Yesterdays closer in the Natti, maybe Red Dot playng when they take the stage and of course some In Hiding, Faithfull and No Way somewhere in between.

Hope your thread keeps getting bumped. Peace ~

did you see stone freak?! that was the best part! :)
    take your money and your drugs.