The National Football League

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Andy Reid should be coach of the year
    I'm liking what that Jason Garrett guy is doing down in Big D

How about when he iced his own kicker? That was a nice move...
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    how far back do i gotta go to find out why the other thread got locked?
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    norm wrote:

shit stirrer :lol:

;)

never

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

spruce up your title a little :silent:
    81 wrote:
    how's that?

imalive and I approve this thread :thumbdown:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    better?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    81 wrote:
    better?

kat's reading sports threads now i guess....

is it too much to ask for roman numerals in the thread title? :? tis the season
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    is it too much to ask for roman numerals in the thread title?

yes.....i maxed out the subect field. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    MD97728 wrote:
    hey phantom pain - as an original 700 leveler of The Vet and 22 year season ticket holder - I take offense to that! and let me just say now how thoroughly disgusting this game will be - between the skanky half time show and 2 skanky teams playing - i am NOT looking forward to this super bowl.

Sorry to offend...join the Eagles discussion if you really wanna feel offended

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    how 'bout eliminating the year so it will make sea happy so she won't have to make up another rule
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    81 wrote:
    is it too much to ask for roman numerals in the thread title?

yes.....i maxed out the subect field. :lol:

use a smaller font :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    do we now have to create new threads for all the sports teams?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

kat's reading sports threads now i guess....

cowboys and SF Giants fan...

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    norm wrote:
    how 'bout eliminating the year so it will make sea happy so she won't have to make up another rule

Stop with all this logical thinking ... there is no place for that here.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Stop with all this logical thinking ... there is no place for that here.

sorry...forgot where i was
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    "The time is yours"
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Chicago Bears middle linebacker Brian Urlacher acknowledges in the latest edition of Real Sports on HBO that he uses the painkiller Toradol.

“You drop your pants, you get the alcohol, they give you a shot, put the band-aid on, you go out and play,” Urlacher told interviewer Andrea Kremer. “Not that big of a deal.”

Urlacher compared it to getting a flu shot, but Kremer’s report pointed out there can be serious consequences from taking the drug, including kidney failure and gastrointestinal bleeding. Urlacher said he had been unaware of the consequences, but once he was told about them he said he would still take the drug, which masks pain from head to toe.

“First of all, we love football,” Urlacher said. “We want to be on the field as much as we can be. If we can be out there, it may be stupid, it may be dumb, call me dumb and stupid then because I want to be on the football field.”

Urlacher also said he would not admit to team medical personnel if he thought he suffered a concussion.

“If I have a concussion these days, I’m going to say, something happened to my toe or knee just to get my bearings for a few plays,” he said. “I’m not going to sit in there and say I got a concussion, I can’t go in there the rest of the game.”

Toradol is legal and non-addictive and administered by team doctors in the NFL. Former NFL center Jeremy Newberry said he would sometimes see 20 or 30 players lined up before a game to get a shot of the drug.

Newberry said Toradol “makes you feel like Superman for three hours,” but the 35-year-old now is suffering from stage three kidney failure that doctors attribute to Toradol.

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:dpompei@tribune.com">dpompei@tribune.com</a><!-- e -->

Twitter@danpompei
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Newch91 wrote:

I kind of enjoy that the Giants talk shit through their official team twitter page. :D
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I kind of enjoy that the Giants talk shit through their official team twitter page. :D
    :lol: Yep, whoever is the head of their social media is a great guy for this.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

:lol: Yep, whoever is the head of their social media is a great guy for this.

I think I read a while back it's the VP of PR or communications or some shit like that, which makes it so much better.
  • Joe Philbin...all day
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Billy Cundiff Rushed His Kick Because Of An Error On The Gillette Stadium Scoreboard

Cundiff told me he initially thought he was at fault, that he had looked at the scoreboard too early, before the down number had been changed. In fact, the Gillette Stadium scoreboard was off by a down. On Monday, Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs told ESPN that Ravens players thought the team had made a first down after receiver Anquan Boldin fumbled out of bounds on first-and-10 from the Patriots' 23-yard line. Instead, the ball was marked where Boldin had lost it, a yard short of a first down. On second and third downs—which the scoreboard said were first and second—Ravens threw unsuccessfully into the end zone. Ravens P.R. director Kevin Byrne told me—and Cundiff later learned—that team officials watched the All-22 video of the game on Monday and confirmed the scoreboard malfunction.
    http://deadspin.com/5878655/
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    The refs make the first down calls, not the scoreboard operator.

If anything, Cundiff should have turned to Harbaugh and said he wasn't ready if he felt rushed ... they had a time out left.

And just to be clear, because deadspin likes to bury things to make stories more edgy or controversial ...
    Cundiff blames no one but himself for the miss.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:

If anything, Cundiff should have turned to Harbaugh and said he wasn't ready if he felt rushed ... they had a time out left.

And just to be clear, because deadspin likes to bury things to make stories more edgy or controversial ...

:D

just posting for informative purposes (and to see pjhawks blow a vein in his head :lol: )
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    jimed14 wrote:

Yeah, not sure why the hell they would not have called a timeout there, it was an obvious 'rush' situation and they had the timeout to burn.

I feel badly for him as he is going to lose his job. But this was a colossal error by Lee Evans (you can take the man out of Buffalo but you cant take the Buffalo out of the man) and then Cundiff.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Manning's response to Rob Lowe tweeting his retirement announcement:

“I never thought `Sodapop Curtis’ would announce my retirement,’’ Manning said, laughing, referring to Lowe’s character in the 1983 movie “The Outsiders.’’ “I always thought I would be the one to announce it. I’m a huge fan of the movie, but that caught me way off guard. I can’t explain it. I know he (Lowe) is a friend of Jim’s (Irsay), and Jim sounded surprised.’’

His future is in Jim Irsay's hands. The new GM will not be a factor according to Manning.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    81 wrote:
    Chicago Bears middle linebacker Brian Urlacher acknowledges in the latest edition of Real Sports on HBO that he uses the painkiller Toradol.

“You drop your pants, you get the alcohol, they give you a shot, put the band-aid on, you go out and play,” Urlacher told interviewer Andrea Kremer. “Not that big of a deal.”

Urlacher compared it to getting a flu shot, but Kremer’s report pointed out there can be serious consequences from taking the drug, including kidney failure and gastrointestinal bleeding. Urlacher said he had been unaware of the consequences, but once he was told about them he said he would still take the drug, which masks pain from head to toe.

“First of all, we love football,” Urlacher said. “We want to be on the field as much as we can be. If we can be out there, it may be stupid, it may be dumb, call me dumb and stupid then because I want to be on the football field.”

Urlacher also said he would not admit to team medical personnel if he thought he suffered a concussion.

“If I have a concussion these days, I’m going to say, something happened to my toe or knee just to get my bearings for a few plays,” he said. “I’m not going to sit in there and say I got a concussion, I can’t go in there the rest of the game.”

Toradol is legal and non-addictive and administered by team doctors in the NFL. Former NFL center Jeremy Newberry said he would sometimes see 20 or 30 players lined up before a game to get a shot of the drug.

Newberry said Toradol “makes you feel like Superman for three hours,” but the 35-year-old now is suffering from stage three kidney failure that doctors attribute to Toradol.

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:dpompei@tribune.com">dpompei@tribune.com</a><!-- e -->

Twitter@danpompei

:(
    81 wrote:

yet another PED which somehow is not classified as a PED :roll:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

yet another PED which somehow is not classified as a PED :roll:

There is no such thing as a "PED" in football. Those things only exist in baseball.
    Everyone in football is clean........

There is no such thing as a "PED" in football. Those things only exist in baseball.
    Everyone in football is clean........

you're right. what was I thinking?? :? :shock:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13