Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Berlin '09.......

Hard To Imagine!? Brother!? Game over. McCready's solo on Corduroy is filthy.

The encores are ridculous. The entire set is phenomenal with amazing crowd interaction.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    YLed2 wrote:
    Berlin '09.......

The encores are ridculous. The entire set is phenomenal with amazing crowd interaction.
    proud to be there....this is for the birds....my first time saw live this masterpiece..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0df7iJLr ... re=related
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Santa Barbara 2003. Great Setlist!!!!!!
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    YLed2 wrote:
    Berlin '09.......

proud to be there....this is for the birds....my first time saw live this masterpiece..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0df7iJLr ... re=related

"This is for the birds".......what a great way to open into song. I couldn't imagine being at this show..had to be amazing. :D
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    veddertown wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    Been listening to the Katowice shows from 2000. Struggled with them though especially night one, just seems like there is no energy from either the band or crowd.
    These shows are pretty revered but I can definately relate to this. On night 1 there is a lack of any of magic that is on much of the other shows from this leg although it's still pretty good. I think the crowd aren't very respectful of each other and it seems to make Ed sound pretty tense. Night 2 is much better and because of the odd circumstances it feels like a nice intimate get together. I still wouldn't rate it as high as some people do but it's still fun to listen to. I love the four slow songs to begin the show.

Definitely agree with you. Opening with Release, Of The Girl, Sleight Of Hand and Thin Air is a pretty magic moment and they should do that more often!!! But that aside I'm not sure why the shows are so highly rated. Probably my least favourite of the 43 2000 boots I own!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    Koln 2000
    veddertown wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    Been listening to the Katowice shows from 2000. Struggled with them though especially night one, just seems like there is no energy from either the band or crowd.
    These shows are pretty revered but I can definately relate to this. On night 1 there is a lack of any of magic that is on much of the other shows from this leg although it's still pretty good. I think the crowd aren't very respectful of each other and it seems to make Ed sound pretty tense. Night 2 is much better and because of the odd circumstances it feels like a nice intimate get together. I still wouldn't rate it as high as some people do but it's still fun to listen to. I love the four slow songs to begin the show.

Started listening to Stockholm 2000 on my way to work this morning. Sounds so much better than both Katowice shows I think. I'm wondering if the mix for both Katowice was just bad, if that's part of the reason why when listening to those shows they don't seem that good.

• veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    boyo79 wrote:

Started listening to Stockholm 2000 on my way to work this morning. Sounds so much better than both Katowice shows I think. I'm wondering if the mix for both Katowice was just bad, if that's part of the reason why when listening to those shows they don't seem that good.
    I think you nailed it first time around Ian about the energy. There's definately less connection between the band and the audience. Go and listen to the Rock Am Ring, Rock Im Park and Pinkpop shows and you will hear a much better crowd despite them being multiple band events. The Polish shows are still pretty good but the band only got into the same gear as the audience and they don't compare to the likes of Lisbon, Milan, Berlin or Prague to just name a few. I'm listening to Pittsburgh 2000 today and it's one of my favorite US shows from that tour.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • will be checking out Cardiff 2000 soon!
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

My Fugazi Live Series ramblings and blog: anothersievefistedfind.tumblr.com
    veddertown wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

I think you nailed it first time around Ian about the energy. There's definately less connection between the band and the audience. Go and listen to the Rock Am Ring, Rock Im Park and Pinkpop shows and you will hear a much better crowd despite them being multiple band events. The Polish shows are still pretty good but the band only got into the same gear as the audience and they don't compare to the likes of Lisbon, Milan, Berlin or Prague to just name a few. I'm listening to Pittsburgh 2000 today and it's one of my favorite US shows from that tour.

Which shows was Landgraaf? Listened to that a few months back but didn't enjoy it. Don't own Prague but when I do I'll listen to it (only have 4 left to get from the Euro's).

Pittsburgh is superb, just a great set. Everything about it is great. Even Flow to open, drop in In My Tree and Sleight Of Hand. Wash in the 1st encore :D

I'm onto West Palm Beach 1 today, after that I've got Memphis, Saratoga and Washington too listen to. And then I'm gonna have to get back to completing the 2000 collection!!!

boyo79 wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

Which shows was Landgraaf? Listened to that a few months back but didn't enjoy it. Don't own Prague but when I do I'll listen to it (only have 4 left to get from the Euro's).

Pittsburgh is superb, just a great set. Everything about it is great. Even Flow to open, drop in In My Tree and Sleight Of Hand. Wash in the 1st encore :D

I'm onto West Palm Beach 1 today, after that I've got Memphis, Saratoga and Washington too listen to. And then I'm gonna have to get back to completing the 2000 collection!!!
    Landgraaf is the Pinkpop show. I'm quite fond of it as they didn't make it a very typical festival setlist and there were some great versions of the Binaural songs played. Saratoga is an awesome show and I'm sure you'll love it. Which boots do you need yet? I'll be meeting up with Alastair and yourself in Manchester by the way, I got a PM from him his this week asking what I was doing. There'll be a big Scottish contingent making a nuisance of ourselves.... :D

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    Today: #47 2003 Little Rock
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • gunter1976 wrote:
    will be checking out Cardiff 2000 soon!

Although I love NAIS, I am not sure it works for me as a show opener. I always considered this song to be sort of intimate, setting a very specific, rather "dark" mood, which demands a certain mindset. That is why I am having a bit of trouble listening to this song as an opener. I think I prefer it later on in the set, played on rare occasions, when it falls into place with the rest of the set and general "feel" of the evening. In this regard, I definitely enjoyed the 2003 Fargo version recently.

I do not dig the second and third song of the Cardiff show, being Breakerfall and Gods' Dice. These songs just don't do anything for me. Never have, and probably never will.

Other than that, the rest of the set list offers a great selection of songs and the renditions of these are overall very solid. The mood is relaxed and easy, which provides for great listening :)
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

My Fugazi Live Series ramblings and blog: anothersievefistedfind.tumblr.com
  • curlycurly Posts: 703
    its in my vehicle...so i dont know the exact date...
    but i know its Boston 94...and its pretty good...Dirty Franks on it...
    i've just finished my second time playing it...pretty good show...
    oops...sorry bout that triple post.....i got caught day dreaming a lil...
    veddertown wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

Landgraaf is the Pinkpop show. I'm quite fond of it as they didn't make it a very typical festival setlist and there were some great versions of the Binaural songs played. Saratoga is an awesome show and I'm sure you'll love it. Which boots do you need yet? I'll be meeting up with Alastair and yourself in Manchester by the way, I got a PM from him his this week asking what I was doing. There'll be a big Scottish contingent making a nuisance of ourselves.... :D

Its Landgraaf or Nurnberg I wasn't keen on. Looking at the Pinkpop set, that looks like a set I'd be very happy with! So it must be the Nurnberg boot! I will have to listen to them both again.

The Euro boots I need are Prague, Salzburg, Ljubljana and Zurich. I'm gonna put a thread on Lost Dogs in a few weeks to see if anyone has them or any of the US ones I need too!

I can't wait til the shows and to finally meet people from on here!!! It's gonna be great :D You going both shows?

PS, the Stockholm show I enjoyed alot!

• TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Montreal 2011. Its a bit sloppy in places, but the boot has grown on me a bit.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    Just renewed my membership & got Saskatoon 2011

I call it SaskaBOOM !
    Gibson1972
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    all the shows mentioned on this page are great. i listened to paramount theatre 4/17/94 earlier. i might play that one again. i'm in a dave a. mood this week. those early shows with his drumming were sooo energetic. as stone said in the book & movie- the "lose your mind" shows..the pj i fell in love with. i might do san diego 11/3/93 or indio 11/5/93 or boston 4/12/94 (full show) marathon tonight. i'm waiting on the ups man to bring my 93/95 box & am super excited! last night i listened to 1/8/95 self pollution, 9/7/98 va beach & fell asleep to 7/16/93 rotterdam. dave a. week has begun...
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    01.05.2012....#56 Columbus 24th June 2003....love the Ohio Improv! :D
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    portugal 10
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Just finished Hamilton 11.
    Sounds like a fun show but I don´t think the sound quality is the best on this one.

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

Halifax, Nova Scotia 2005. I dont think there is a better setlist on the 05 tour. Not necessarily the best show but close. An unexpected setlist in an unexpected location. If PJ came to my backyard and pulled this I'd never complain about anything ever again! And then probably wake up wishing it had actually happened... :lol:

Hard To Imagine :o
    Animal
    Corduroy
    Green Disease
    Love Boat Captain :o
    Dissident
    State Of Love And Trust
    You Are :o
    Go
    Breath :o
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    Leatherman :o
    Even Flow
    Not For You (Modern Girl)
    Jeremy
    Blood :o

Encore 1
    Low Light
    Off He Goes :o
    Nothingman
    Glorified G :o
    Rearviewmirror

Encore 2
    Alive
    Down
    In My Tree :o
    Daughter
    Better Man
    Porch
    Bu$hleaguer :o
    Fortunate Son
    Rockin' In The Free World

• MK1980MK1980 Nottingham, UK Posts: 291
    MEN '09, Hyde Park '10, Universal City CA '09 & Philly 10/30/09 esp loving the last two for the rare ones - deep, breath & alone!
    How I choose to feel is how I am...I will not lose my faith, It's an inside job today.
    Manchester Aug 17th 2009
    Hyde Park June 25th 2010
    Manchester June 20th & 21st 2012
    Leeds July 14th 2014
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    MK1980 wrote:
    MEN '09, Hyde Park '10, Universal City CA '09 & Philly 10/30/09 esp loving the last two for the rare ones - deep, breath & alone!

Philly 10/30 is one of the best boots out there. Great setlist with such an energetic flow and performance.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • MK1980MK1980 Nottingham, UK Posts: 291
    MK1980 wrote:

Philly 10/30 is one of the best boots out there. Great setlist with such an energetic flow and performance.

Agreed, when i was choosing my two free downloads with 10c version of backspacer, i knew i had to have that one!
    How I choose to feel is how I am...I will not lose my faith, It's an inside job today.
    Manchester Aug 17th 2009
    Hyde Park June 25th 2010
    Manchester June 20th & 21st 2012
    Leeds July 14th 2014
  • mtxmtx Posts: 283
    I just get to Manchester, TN. June 14 2008 boot.
    Disc 2
    W.M.A.

I died and went to heaven :D
    Wuhlheide 2006, 2009, 2010,2014; Chorzów 2007; Hyde Park 2010; Open'er 2010;
    Alpine 1&2;
    2012 Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, Copenhagen;
    2013 Wrigley EarthCam / Ice cold water $1
  • Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    Saskatoon Sept.2011
    Gibson1972