Options

how to handle a bad trade?

13»

Comments

• Options
    I think outing the guy is not the right thing to do,i am new to the boards and have traded/sold/ bought a lot here.

But with that being said I think you should contact a moderator who could get involved maybe they can contact the other party. If they can't work something out they could ban them with the right evidence you provide. I'm just saying throwing tar and feathers at this guy maybe isn't the right thing
  • Options
    I think outing the guy is not the right thing to do,i am new to the boards and have traded/sold/ bought a lot here.

But with that being said I think you should contact a moderator who could get involved maybe they can contact the other party. If they can't work something out they could ban them with the right evidence you provide. I'm just saying throwing tar and feathers at this guy maybe isn't the right thing
    The mods are not going to do shit. It's really not they're business. Calling him out will put pressure on him to reply to the op. Its a dick move to screw each other over on here. Call him out.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    Did you use paypal?
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Did you use paypal?

being that it was a trade......
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    81 wrote:
    Did you use paypal?

:lol::lol:

Although if it was an outright sale that was paid as a "gift" like most of us do here, I don't think paypal would help either, would it?
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Did you use paypal?

Although if it was an outright sale that was paid as a "gift" like most of us do here, I don't think paypal would help either, would it?

I wasn't thinking of trade. My apologies. I was thinking of paying and not getting your item. Duh. hahahahahaha
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options

I agree. I would contact the 10 club first to see if there is anything they can do. I would call though and not email.
    Member 164xxx

More to Come....
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Did you use paypal?

Yeah. I think it would be pretty hard to tell paypal that you didn't get something in return for a gift that they get no fees off of.....
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    how many posts does the user have?

one thing i heard in a similar thread to this is to become facebook friends with the person you're going to trade with...

the thought being it's much harder to fake an identity on there... although not impossible

did you get a phone number? i would never trade without one
  • Options
    one thing i heard in a similar thread to this is to become facebook friends with the person you're going to trade with...

i was the one who said that, that is my rule!
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    I like to get an address and then send them a screen shot of google street view. Then they know you mean business!
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    I like to get an address and then send them a screen shot of google street view. Then they know you mean business!

slight problem

not everyone is street viewable
  • Options
    JMo wrote:

If you are making a trade, wouldn't you need an address so you know where to ship the item?
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    Of course you need an address. Especially if Plan B is to send a horse head!
  • Options
    if someone sent me a screenshot from google of my place I would be really creeped out
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    if someone sent me a screenshot from google of my place I would be really creeped out

got an address?

lot of the US has been street mapped by google....all the major roads are...

my street hasn't been, although you can zoom in from above pretty darn good....and see the grill on the patio

although, my house isn't steet viewed on google, there are other ways to get a picture of the front of my house from the internet.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

Screenshot from google? I send pics of the person's bedroom just to show them I mean business :D

Okay, we're not really helping OP out here, but I think he already has his game plan. Good luck, hope this all works out for you or at least you get your vinyls back.
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    Of course you need an address. Especially if Plan B is to send a horse head!
    its statements like this that make me wish the forum had a like button!
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    How about I give you a post office box number... you can send me as many shots of that as you like
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

Screenshot from google? I send pics of the person's bedroom just to show them I mean business :D

Okay, we're not really helping OP out here, but I think he already has his game plan. Good luck, hope this all works out for you or at least you get your vinyls back.

not all of us are the PJ floozy with pics of all the bedrooms you've performed in ;)

hahaha...

i kid... i kid :)

so... is this issue dead or what?

the OP isn't that responsive either ;)
  • Options
    OP already said this over on page 4, I think he's all set for now. The rest of us just can't seem to help ourselves :D
    Lftdaporch wrote:
    i will pm him and wait and see.
    it is possible to be tied up in the usps hell.
    i called tenclub today to ask about my zombie tee and they sent me tracking info. mailed nov 7th, arrived less than 10 miles from me at the main chattanooga processing center on the 17th and is still sitting there. so i will be patient at this time.

thank you for all the advice
  • Options
    not all of us are the PJ floozy with pics of all the bedrooms you've performed in ;)

OI!! Just caught this bit. :evil:
  • Options
    sent a second pm at this point acknowledge the first unanswered pm and have given a deadline to have my stuff mailed back to me.
    why does post count matter? i joined the board around day one of it's inception, posted alot between 02 and 03, disappeared to the carbon world in 04. i think my post count is less than 20. really only became active to secure the pj bluray deluxe, thank you white discussion, then decided to unload all my duplicate vinyl for stuff i wanted. unfortunately one out of my 3 deals seems sour.

i don't check the boards everyday due to managing a restaurant and juggling being a good husband and father. most of my internet time is spent drooling over vinyl from thirdman records.
  • Options
    Lftdaporch wrote:
    sent a second pm at this point acknowledge the first unanswered pm and have given a deadline to have my stuff mailed back to me.
    why does post count matter? i joined the board around day one of it's inception, posted alot between 02 and 03, disappeared to the carbon world in 04. i think my post count is less than 20. really only became active to secure the pj bluray deluxe, thank you white discussion, then decided to unload all my duplicate vinyl for stuff i wanted. unfortunately one out of my 3 deals seems sour.

i don't check the boards everyday due to managing a restaurant and juggling being a good husband and father. most of my internet time is spent drooling over vinyl from thirdman records.

i know what you're saying..
    i hope at least you package will return to you. and good luck man!!
  • Options
    so i have now received 75% of my trade with my guy. sending last part today. had to mail separately b/c there was a poster involved as well.

people please remember to be honest and up front during a trade even if you can not do exactly as you promised. it is better to say hey sorry i wont mail until this day as opposed to someone worrying over where their stuff is.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    good this working for u...again u handle this perfect...congrats for your manmners...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    :thumbup:
This discussion has been closed.