Options

how to handle a bad trade?

Comments

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    i say out him...the fact that he read the your last message & failed to reply would've done it for me
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    Lftdaporch wrote:
    i would like to add a couple of things.
    1. i was not on a "good" trader list and i would like to think i am a good trader and will also give people the benefit of the doubt.
    2. i made 2 other trades that same day which turned out well, let's not judge the many on actions of the few.
    3. this guy was shipping from the u.s. so no international delays.
    here is the timeline.

oct 25th trade was negotiated
    oct 31st i shipped package to them with tracking number pmed same day as they requested, i was told mine was going out next day
    nov 3rd after asking about tracking number i was told package was mailed that day and i would get tracking number the next day
    nov 6th asked about tracking number again, was told his wife left it at work and that package would show up next week
    nov 15th told trader i was losing faith and a tracking number would really help me feel better, they replied sorry it was really on the way and would return my items if something happened
    nov 25th i asked again about package, message has been read and no response has been made at this point.

i do not want to put anyone on a public trial, i just really want my stuff, since part of the trade was going to be sent to someone else as part of another trade.(grdesigner79 if u are reading this, sorry i am still obviously waiting to get an item to send you, but if u have to trade with someone else i understand)

I would send the person a written letter to demand action..this would also serve as a reminder that you know where the person lives ( in case you ever had to take legal action, etc.)
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    i say out him...the fact that he read the your last message & failed to reply would've done it for me

this and the fact that he/she has constantly made excuses regarding tracking number
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    this would also serve as a reminder that you know where the person lives

This to me is actually the scariest part about trading/buying from the forum :mrgreen:
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:

^this
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    Suziemay wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    this would also serve as a reminder that you know where the person lives

This to me is actually the scariest part about trading/buying from the forum :mrgreen:

I agree!
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Hope this works out doesn't sound promising tho :(
  • Options
    Fuck yes you can call them out.

I'm sorry, but i've traded with a lot of people for years, from everything from bootleg cd's to vinyl, and never fucked anyone, or been fucked over.

This is a word of mouth community, and if you do right by it, you can't go wrong.

Call the son of a bitch out, i would.

You just gave up 2 very expensive vinyl records for essentially nothing. I have everything except RVM, L02L and Benny on vinyl, so i understand. I'd be pissed.

You've given him more than enough time IMO.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    a whole month with refusing to give tracking number AND it's non-international?

I'd say out him after one final warning giving it 7 more days after the message is read for a concrete resolution. other people deserve to know not to trade with this person.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    i dont know who is the other person,probably he fucked up in this,delay ship,or never did it...
    but still,the call out is bad..cos in the end,,you never know.....
    for me,here we are now..anyone intresting to know who is the "bad" guy,can pm the OP for secure he will not do trade with the "bad"guy..but think this..what happen after you call him hereand the item comes to your door??what if next time you are the one that your ship will delay?..
    anyone like public trials,can study to law school..
    and not say guilty to anyone without know both parts story,justy becouse,know all as usual..
    and really congrats to the OP,for his patient,congrats,cos he open the thread,..his move show the quality of his caracter..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,723
    Definitely give him one last chance, but after that - if there is no reasonable response, and you see the message has been read, or there is no reply ....then yeah call him out.....

if it then arrives, you can always apologise, but its certainly reasonable to do this, after all you have been more than reasonable up to now

but sure one more chance is the right way to play it, he might be having a hard time, and a PJ trade be the last of his worries, shit happens in life, and often gets in the way, but he owes it to you to explain it either way
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Definitely give him one last chance, but after that - if there is no reasonable response, and you see the message has been read, or there is no reply ....then yeah call him out.....

if it then arrives, you can always apologise, but its certainly reasonable to do this, after all you have been more than reasonable up to now

but sure one more chance is the right way to play it, he might be having a hard time, and a PJ trade be the last of his worries, shit happens in life, and often gets in the way, but he owes it to you to explain it either way

I agree, send him a PM and say, if I don't hear from you, I am going to out your sorry ass!
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    After I read this thread I'd say out him too!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Do what you have to do? I love this forum and want people to feel comfortable trading on here. I've managed to get some great stuff and hopefully give some great stuff to others. We do not need for the fear of being screwed on a deal kill trades ;).

BTW- My Morning Jacket next Wednesday in Dallas, Let's do this :D
  • Options
    Do what you have to do? I love this forum and want people to feel comfortable trading on here. I've managed to get some great stuff and hopefully give some great stuff to others. We do not need for the fear of being screwed on a deal kill trades ;).

BTW- My Morning Jacket next Wednesday in Dallas, Let's do this :D

I agree this forum is great but any time you piut something on the honor system theres going to be someone who takes their own initiative.
    Hopefully you saved all of your email conversations incase anyone asks for them. You do need to report this though.
    In the future i sugest you try asking for a phone number to call and finalize any purchase or trade. I usualy try and do this with people that are state side, especially if I dont see them post alot.
  • Options
    sctt_perry wrote:
    I agree this forum is great but any time you piut something on the honor system theres going to be someone who takes their own initiative.
    Hopefully you saved all of your email conversations incase anyone asks for them. You do need to report this though.
    In the future i sugest you try asking for a phone number to call and finalize any purchase or trade. I usualy try and do this with people that are state side, especially if I dont see them post alot.

And what would be a low post count to you? 8? 11? :lol:

Just kidding - that actually is a good point. I just found it funny with your post count and all.... (not that there's anything wrong with it.....)
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    sctt_perry wrote:

And what would be a low post count to you? 8? 11? :lol:

Just kidding - that actually is a good point. I just found it funny with your post count and all.... (not that there's anything wrong with it.....)

Yeah I dont usually post unless I have something to say but Ive also never fucked anybody over on here. This is just a way to mitigate getting ripped off.
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    I've known lftdaporch for years and he's good people. This situation is unfortunate.
  • Options
    i will pm him and wait and see.
    it is possible to be tied up in the usps hell.
    i called tenclub today to ask about my zombie tee and they sent me tracking info. mailed nov 7th, arrived less than 10 miles from me at the main chattanooga processing center on the 17th and is still sitting there. so i will be patient at this time.

thank you for all the advice
  • Options
    Unfortunately this issue will not be resolved by outing him on the forums. If it makes you feel better, then go ahead. It does nothing in the way of getting your items.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Unfortunately this issue will not be resolved by outing him on the forums. If it makes you feel better, then go ahead. It does nothing in the way of getting your items.

peer pressure can be a wonderful tool, although it doesn't always work. plus it makes for a good thread. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

peer pressure can be a wonderful tool, although it doesn't always work. plus it makes for a good thread. :?

I agree, public shaming does wonders especially if it's just someone who doesn't have their act together rather than someone who has a legitimate reason. It's not my preferred way, but sometimes that's the only way to get someone's attention.
  • Options
    mleachmleach Posts: 106
    Had the same thing happen to me about 6 weeks ago..Made a trade but would not send the item until I received a tracking number..Dude made every excuse in the world..Told me it was shippped,lose tracking number,USPS shipped it back to him,wife forgot to ship them and every other thing in the book..Finally called him out and he fessed up that they were never shipped..VERY SAD!! Hope its not the same guy..Good Luck..Hope its just stuck in the USPS log jam.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    mleach wrote:
    Had the same thing happen to me about 6 weeks ago..Made a trade but would not send the item until I received a tracking number..Dude made every excuse in the world..Told me it was shippped,lose tracking number,USPS shipped it back to him,wife forgot to ship them and every other thing in the book..Finally called him out and he fessed up that they were never shipped..VERY SAD!! Hope its not the same guy..Good Luck..Hope its just stuck in the USPS log jam.

...a pretty solid argument to call someone out, imo.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    mleach wrote:

dig he finally ship?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    81 wrote:

I agree, public shaming does wonders especially if it's just someone who doesn't have their act together rather than someone who has a legitimate reason. It's not my preferred way, but sometimes that's the only way to get someone's attention.

Public shame and peer pressure do not exist on a message board. The member just walks away and never looks at this board again......no public shame and no peers pressuring them. Hands washed clean.
  • Options
    Public shame and peer pressure do not exist on a message board. The member just walks away and never looks at this board again......no public shame and no peers pressuring them. Hands washed clean.

it may not help the OP, but at the same time, it chases off the chump so the next person doesn't get hosed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    81 wrote:

I'm not suggesting this will work 100% of the time, but I wouldn't discount it as an avenue to pursue if OP is desperate. Plus, it will alert others to stay away from that individual.
  • Options
    I've done about 10 trades here and prob the same on ebeans. I've sent stuff to Ny from Pa that took 2 weeks. I've also sent something to Cali that got there in 3 days. I also had a print take about a month to get to Oregon. In all these situations a tracking # was available. Like others have said i'd send him one last message. If he dosen't reply or send u a tracking# then but his name on blast.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    mleachmleach Posts: 106
    My trade never happened..I got lucky and didn't take it in the shorts......
This discussion has been closed.