Tremor Christ meaning (or your interpretation)

2»

Comments

• This. Song. Kicks. Ass.

*Agree*

Great song that seems to be forgotten about on the album never really understood it or been able to relate to it, these songs always seem to be the best in their own way.
    If i was ever the problem, i'd certainly never admit it...
  • This is a hard-core awe-some song, in my opinion...and thanks for the deciphering with the liner notes. Does make one wonder what type of literature the lyracist was devouring at the time, and what state of mind and of being said lyriacist was in at the time of writing. Alls I can say is I am thankful for whatever he was going through to put such thought provoking words to an outstandingly matched piece of music.
    "Dream the dream others then...you will be no one's RIVAL!"
    "Doo do do do doo do doo, Doo do do do doo do doo..."
  • I'm totally late to this party, but reading back urges me to post my interpretation. I think Tremor Christ is all about the price of fame, and the fact that they have sacrificed their inner most feelings and privacy to people who always want more. PJ is the sailor..Drifting past the storm (media scrutiny) His savior that is drowing in his wake is his wife (and/or family). Just my interpretation, for what it's worth.
    Unthought Known
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Masterpiece..need more play..my tattoo..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    edited October 2015

First I think its off their best album period. Truly the one most personally profound.

think its his cryptic way of briefly describing his experience in finding out about his father. And how it was music that saved him.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    I think its about the toying of the soul between God and the devil. The constant conflict between the flesh and the spirit.
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited March 2017
    Like I've said before, I like a lot of music. But this band has set the bar so high for me in many ways, in terms of what I preceve as good, quality, & great music. Like this song. It's not catchy, it's not a balad, or is it? But so full of imagery that your mind produces while listening. You get thoughts of being at sea in a realitivly small but stable sail boat (like literally) at night maybe raining and foggy, with a lighthouse way in the distance behind you, the light from it so faint that you only catch a faint blink from it once in a while. At the same time you are thinking about it medaphoricly pondering where you are at in life and what you are deciding to do with your self.
    How many bands or songwriters can do that?
    Yes I've seen some awkward reviews over the years regarding Vitalogy, one guy said it's disjointed and hard to listen to.
    I've always thought that it is an outstanding masterpiece.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • different Live lyrics... 
    "Hansom is the devil.. When he is whispering pleasing words... "
    "Turns the bow back flows and.."

I like the spin... less heady!! 👌