Comments

• Options
    redkeethredkeeth Posts: 123
    edited November 2011
    red bar
    push me pull me
    stupid mop

Sweet Lou to me is at least funny & Johny guitar has a decent sound "theme"

I don't like Last Kiss but so many do, and it is a cover so I wont count it.
    Post edited by redkeeth on
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003
    * Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006
    * Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

• Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Last Kiss
    Dirty Frank
    Foxy
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    Don't really have a least favorite but i guess it depends on the day and the mood. some days i cant stand some songs but then the next day i cant get enough of it. its like it grows on me.
    08-09-2009 Calgary
    09-21-2011 Calgary
    09-23-2011 Edmonton
    12-02-2013 Calgary
    456xxx
  • Options
    Anything off of Ten...
  • Options
    I have favorite songs and least favorite songs...but there is only one song that PJ does that I simply cannot STAND - and that is Last Kiss. It was a lame-ass melodramatic song when it was originally done, and it still is a lame-ass melodramatic song. And for that reason, I have always been baffled as to why PJ selected this song to cover. All the other songs they cover - everything from Rockin In the Free World to Crazy Mary to I Believe in Miracles where all songs that seemed to fit with Pearl Jam's character as a band. But Last Kiss is so schmaltzy melodramatic - it never made any sense to me, in the context of their other music.

Sweet Lew is an odd song...and Wishlist sometimes grates on my nerves just a wee bit if I'm not in the mood for it...but the only song PJ plays that I feel is totally out of character is Last Kiss. It's the only song they play that I will skip over on a bootleg or hit 'reverse' on my Sirius/XM radio over - I'd rather hear whatever they played previous to that song twice in a row than listen even once to Last Kiss.

Man, I hate that song. :lol:
  • Options
    stickman81 wrote:
    Anything off of Ten...

Wha! Including Black?!

You like Help, Help, and Stupid Mop better than Black??
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Songs I don't really like, but much better than anything I could ever come up with.

Sweet Lew
    Dirty Frank
    Evacuation
  • Options
    Love Johnny guitar....love backspacer....

Not such a big fan of leatherman or you are...
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    As soon as I read Leatherman in post no. 1 I knew this thread was headed for trouble...

I'll be over at the other side of the porch if anyone wants me.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,537
    thefixer9 wrote:
    2. Insignificance
    3. Immortality

Now other for Stupid Mop I actually really like both Insignificance and Immortality but they are some of my least favorites when it comes to PJ.

WTF are you talking about?

Immortality is my favorite song by anyone so it's startling to see it in a thread like this.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Come Back
    I Am Mine
    Thumbing My Way
    Speed Of Sound
    Wishlist

The MOR side of Eddie is a total bore.
  • Options
    Come Back
    I Am Mine
    Thumbing My Way
    Speed Of Sound
    Wishlist

The MOR side of Eddie is a total bore.

Wow...to each their own I guess. :lol: I Am Mine and Thumbing My Way are probably my two favorite songs off of Riot Act....and Thumbing My Way in particular is a beautiful song with some incredible lyrics.

But hey....I guess the great thing about this band is that there is something for everyone. ;)

I'm sorta with you on Wishlist though. I don't hate it...but it would be fairly low on my list of songs that made the studio albums.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    thefixer9 wrote:
    2. Insignificance
    3. Immortality

Now other for Stupid Mop I actually really like both Insignificance and Immortality but they are some of my least favorites when it comes to PJ.

WTF are you talking about?

Immortality is my favorite song by anyone so it's startling to see it in a thread like this.

That's exactly how I feel about Unthought Known.

But now that I think about it I could probably replace Immortality with Dead Man.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    PKTrekGirl wrote:

Wow...to each their own I guess. :lol: I Am Mine and Thumbing My Way are probably my two favorite songs off of Riot Act....and Thumbing My Way in particular is a beautiful song with some incredible lyrics.

I agree with this statement. Eddie does seem to have a knack in bringing out the softer/acoustic side of the band that I really like. Elderly Woman, Better Man, Off He Goes, Wishlist, Just Breathe, Come back, Man of the Hour, Light Years, Thumbing My Way, and the list can go on and on. Not to mention covering Last Kiss was his idea.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Nothing as it Seems (know i will get a lot of shit for this, but the song just doesnt do it for me)
    Help, Help
    Parachutes
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,083
    Get Right, Help Help, Evactuation.

Not sure why Leatherman shows up on these lists, such a nice little tune, a fun rocker.
  • Options
    PA JammerPA Jammer Tamaqua, Pa. Posts: 340
    Red Mosquito
    MFC
    Speed of Sound
    Tom- Tamaqua PA

"What could be better than a beer with Eddie Vedder"
  • Options
    I really like Johnny guitar
  • Options
    knittedknitted Posts: 244
    sleight of hand
    evacuation
    hold on

hold on edged out just a girl coz they played it last time i saw them (auckland 09) and it was such a waste of setlist and a bit of a carwreck in the middle of a stonking set.
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • Options
    Jerome230 wrote:
    3. Supersonic
    2. Cropduster
    1. Help Help

Yep pretty close. honorable mentions to speed of sound, johnny guitar, unemployable, sweet lew, the fixer, in the moonlight, ghost...
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    I think people should list their favorite three songs as well because I'm curious. Anyone who picks "In The Moonlight" or "Cropduster" as being one of Pearl Jam's absolute worst has to have shitty taste in music.
  • Options
    I think people should list their favorite three songs as well because I'm curious. Anyone who picks "In The Moonlight" or "Cropduster" as being one of Pearl Jam's absolute worst has to have shitty taste in music.

:roll:

black
    rearviewmirror
    hard to imagine

honourable mentions to animal, go, immortality, present tense, given to fly...

clearly.. all shit songs.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    Favourites:

Why Go
    Nothing As It Seems
    Off He Goes

Honourable mentions are plenty though... esp present tense
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    pureoc wrote:
    Nothing as it Seems (know i will get a lot of shit for this, but the song just doesnt do it for me)
    ill pray for your soul..good luck..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,472
    I wonder if people only hate Last Kiss because it was a big hit when it was only supposed to be a fan club only single? I like the song. Plus it's not their song.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    I don't skip many songs when they start playing on my iPod, but I do skip these:

Sweet Lew

Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me

Bugs

If I could choose a 4th song, Mankind would also be included.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Just off the top of my head, I'd probably go with:

Elderly Woman
    Insignificance
    Indifference
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    drifting
    dirty frank
    you
    i loooove all the "original" mixes for these songs, but they fucked them up with overdubs on lost dogs. did not see the point...maybe to freshen them up for some of us that had a lot of those songs for years, but i prefer the originals.. they even changed the name of u and added a g to driftin! brother jammed, however. i love it when mike gets to go apeshit! so, top 3 songs-
    anything in between
    1/2 full
    immortality
    honorable mention:
    nothing as it seems- just has that floyd vibe to it...
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Surprised for the Johnny Guitar hate in this thread..I really like that one.

My bottom songs would be:

Stupid Mop (since not really a "song" I'm going to list 3 others)
    Sweet Lew
    Help Help
    Evacuation
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Writer's Block
    With Arms Wideopen
    My Sacrifice

WINNER!!!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ