Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    EZ1221C wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    apparently ... atlanta is still in the league ... :lol::lol:

http://m.yahoo.com/w/sports/nhl/game/nh ... tsrc=yahoo
    9-8? did the goalies just not show up?
    i thought brygalov was supposed to put Philly over the top...

no pronger = no D for philly ...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Well apparently Bryzgalov said in the post game press conference he has no faith in himself (or something to that effect) :?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    he sure is a strange one

I got 5 points for the Winnipeg win as I have Pavelic in my fantasy team, good job Jets

hoping the Oilers win too as I picked up Bulin who was still free yesterday in my league
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Well apparently Bryzgalov said in the post game press conference he has no faith in himself (or something to that effect) :?
    good for my pens. but I have a feeling he will pick it up. He's too good of a goaltender to play poorly for very long.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    smarchee wrote:
    he sure is a strange one

I got 5 points for the Winnipeg win as I have Pavelic in my fantasy team, good job Jets

hoping the Oilers win too as I picked up Bulin who was still free yesterday in my league

what the cuss? ... don't you guys take gaa or save %? ... haha
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    polaris_x wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    he sure is a strange one

what the cuss? ... don't you guys take gaa or save %? ... haha

we have GA, Saves, and SO points, but 5 points for a win, so Pavelic got me 7.7 points tonight lol
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Ilya Bryzgalov stared into the cameras, didn’t blink and bared his soul.

“You have terrible goalies, it’s no surprise why you have terrible goals,” he said after the Flyers' 9-8 loss to the woeful Winnipeg Jets on Thursday.

Not since Ron Hextall has a Flyer goalie truly thrown himself under the bus. Bryz did.

“I have zero confidence in myself right now,” he said. “If you probably throw a ball instead of the puck, I’m not gonna stop it.”

The Flyers' $51 million goalie has four straight losses. He’s given up 18 goals over that span.

He came in behind by four goals against Winnipeg. His teammates got him a lead. He couldn’t hold it.

“I’m terrible,” Bryzgalov said. “I will apologize in front of the fans and in front of my teammates. I don’t know what is going on. I have no answer.

“I thought the last game in Montreal, nothing can happen that would be worse. Today was worse.”

He said he’s never felt like this in his nine-year NHL career. Forget about communication problems with his shoddy defense. It’s worse than that, he said.

“We can’t stop the puck; it’s very simple,” he said. “You can’t ask more from the forwards. They score eight goals and we’re still losing. Terrible goals and it’s me … I'm lost in the woods right now.”

His coach, Peter Laviolette didn’t buy it. Not entirely.

“As a group, generally speaking, when you’re giving up too many goals and not getting the result you are looking for, that’s an easy question to ask,” he said.

“But there’s confidence in him and what he’s done in the past. And confidence in our ability to play. But we’ve got work to do.”
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    smarchee wrote:
    we have GA, Saves, and SO points, but 5 points for a win, so Pavelic got me 7.7 points tonight lol

:lol: that is so wrong! ... haha
    yikes ... defensive scheme is a joke ... but the offense is ridiculous ...

4-0 ..

good to see all the leaf jerseys in the stands in columbus! ...
  • kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    polaris_x wrote:
    yikes ... defensive scheme is a joke ... but the offense is ridiculous ...

4-0 ..

good to see all the leaf jerseys in the stands in columbus! ...
    also nice to see scrivens get his first nhl win, the leafs are in first place tonight and hopefully after the pens game they will stay there.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    also nice to see scrivens get his first nhl win, the leafs are in first place tonight and hopefully after the pens game they will stay there.

scrivens is already way better than the monster ...

how is everyone's fantasy team doing? ... i'm in first place largely due to kessel and pekka rinne ...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Wow...The Oilers are 8-2-2...not a bad start...they're going to have a good young team for years to come.

I see the wings lost their 6th in a row last night...they were booed off the ice at the joe after the Calgary game.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Wow...The Oilers are 8-2-2...not a bad start...they're going to have a good young team for years to come.

I see the wings lost their 6th in a row last night...they were booed off the ice at the joe after the Calgary game.
    i love it, the wings are a bunch of old geezers and its about time they fall off the map.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    lukin2006 wrote:

love the kids on the oilers ... khabibulin has turned back the clock as well! ...
    kenshunt wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

i love it, the wings are a bunch of old geezers and its about time they fall off the map.

I don't think their fans really see what's happening...their superstars are aging...and 1 by 1 key pieces of their championship teams are retiring and they no longer have the talent in the farm system to replace these guys.

It's a painful pill to swallow, but I think you can only stay at the top for so long. Montreal is a great example...

The thing that annoys me most about the wings is their fans...many think they invented hockey.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

love the kids on the oilers ... khabibulin has turned back the clock as well! ...
    contract year, happens everytime for khabibulin
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I follow Taylor Hall...he played junior hockey here...It was fun going to the WFCU centre and watch him play, his last year in Windsor you could tell he was ready, he was just dominate, and a tough hockey player.

Your leafs are off to an impressive start...good to see them doing well...hopefully all Canadian teams make the playoffs.

kenshunt wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

contract year, happens everytime for khabibulin

Did the oilers use any of those good picks on a goalie?

lukin2006 wrote:
    I follow Taylor Hall...he played junior hockey here...It was fun going to the WFCU centre and watch him play, his last year in Windsor you could tell he was ready, he was just dominate, and a tough hockey player.

Your leafs are off to an impressive start...good to see them doing well...hopefully all Canadian teams make the playoffs.

i don't think their record reflects how they are really playing ... no team atop the nhl standings should have the worst PK in the league ... they've been REALLY lucky early this year ... i think when all is said and done ... they will be clawing for that 8th spot with a bunch of teams ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

i don't think their record reflects how they are really playing ... no team atop the nhl standings should have the worst PK in the league ... they've been REALLY lucky early this year ... i think when all is said and done ... they will be clawing for that 8th spot with a bunch of teams ...
    i agree with the pk comment, the leafs struggled killing off powerplayers by the jackets last night, but they did manage the kill off the 4 powerplays with luck and scrivens.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

At least they're headed in the right direction...maybe they can correct the PK woes!!!

I'm impressed with Edmonton and Chicago...a year after Chicago turned over so many players they look to be real good again.

sid the kid comes back tonite ... clearly, the best player in the nhl ...

watching ovechkin these days makes you realize that the best player in hockey isn't going to be the one who scores the most goals and gets the most points ... it's the guy who plays the best in a system and makes his teammates that much better ...
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    polaris_x wrote:

watching ovechkin these days makes you realize that the best player in hockey isn't going to be the one who scores the most goals and gets the most points ... it's the guy who plays the best in a system and makes his teammates that much better ...
    Crosby with an awesome goal minutes ago. Welcome back Sid! Read his lips after that goal: "Fuck Yeah".
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    polaris_x wrote:

2 goals and 2 assist upon return...good to have him healthy and playing hockey again...

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

2 goals and 2 assist upon return...good to have him healthy and playing hockey again...

Agreed. I'm supposed to hate him because I'm a Rangers fan, but that was a fantastic performance.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    love the articles talking about how he's x points behind kessel and ovie ...

just waiting for the haters to talk about his whining again ... :lol::lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    CryingCrosby.jpg

Too soon? Too soon?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3cHd185utza6BqqdVE_cUB9lwFUIvIhwCU2J4fFaeP420czcXAg

Fuck the Pens.

;)

welcome back, crosby.
    right on cue ... hahaha ... :lol: