Options

Your Pearl Jam Ten Club order has been received

2»

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    boyo79 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Is there anything on the back of the shirt? Tempted but I think I'm gonna pass on this one. I wonder if they will continue using the PJ20 mark for next year?

Nothing on the back

Thanks!
    demetrios wrote:
    Is there anything on the back of the shirt? Tempted but I think I'm gonna pass on this one. I wonder if they will continue using the PJ20 mark for next year?

I wouldn't think there was anything on the back of it. I also think they'd stop using the PJ20 logo after this year. Just my thoughts though.

- Uncle Snuffy

My thoughts exactly but you never know. I wonder if they will be doing variant prints for their 2012 tour. It would be weird releasing PJ20 prints & 20 variant prints during their 2012 tour when they already did them in 2011. Maybe PJ21 & 21 variant prints for '12? :geek:
  • Options

By the way, I gotta comment on the "available until Dec 31st" aspect. When I saw someone post that earlier, I assumed it was just a piss-take on the whole "limited edition" trend. But to actually go to the goods page and see that it really is only available until then is disheartening to say the least. Is everything "limited edition" now? It's really starting to turn into an unfunny joke. It's only encouraging flippers (not that they need any encouragement to start with). Once they see a "on sale until XX", a few more are sold to them and not real fans. Despite how cynical it sounds, maybe it's a ploy by the club to sell more shirts. That's the only reasoning I can see.

Wait. First we complain that they don't tell us how limited, now we do? At least they gave a date and not a quantity. So, I disagree with the flipper comment. It seems you could order 100, and someone else will still get their 1 as long as they order in a month and a half. Seems reasonable to me. I don't see how there would be many 10C members that want this that won't have a chance. I mean, a month and a half seems like a long time when you know that's the horizon (as opposed to the blu ray where you had no idea). So, it seems that flippers would be taking a bit of a gamble on this one. If I don't buy it in the next month, I'm guessing paying an increased price will not be attractive to me.

It actually sounds like 10C is trying to do better. They don't want these things sitting in a warehouse somewhere. They don't want folks to get locked out because of quantity concerns. So, they put a date certain on it that is far enough out to get the job done. I think this is a great sale tactic from the prespective of piquing interest and minimizing the secondary market. Why should it straggle out there for 5 years because someone might join in 2 years and want one? That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Yes, in 2 years these will be on Ebay. But, how is that different from any other out of print shirt that might be desirable to someone out there?

If you want it, get it now because we have plenty of stock until December 31. If not, then don't. Spit or get off the pot.

Who's to say that though? Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not entirely certain, but wasn't there only a few sizes left in the Zombie shirt by the time Oct 31st rolled around? So what's to stop a flipper from buying, let's say, the whole quantity of XLs. Or, a more reasonable example, 50 different flippers from buying up all the XLs. The rest of the people who want that size would then be left in the cold. Nothing seems to indicate that every size will be in stock come and available to buy on, say, December 30th. I could be wrong though but if it's the same as the Zombie shirt, I don't think there will.

As for your '5 years' point, there has been some shirts that have been there for 5 years (or thereabouts). Sure, sizes may be limited on them but there'll still there. I don't see what the problem (bar storage space) would be to keep a cool design in stock for a number of years if it's popular and of interest to future members.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    how does Brain of J go?
    "You've been taught, whipped into shape, now they got you in line...."

to each his/her own I guess but I can't believe anyone is buying this shirt. my apologies if this is insulting but I find it humorous that this shirt got approved as a marketable design. I guess we will buy anything with Pearl Jam on it. Its a good experiment on us lab rats, that's for sure
    understand u brother.. :)
    for me has to do with collection..i like the shirt..find it different but still.i bought it for collector reason..
    must have around 200 pj shirts by now..
    like other people buy other stuff..i never understand why people buy the S/N posters..whats the difference?
    isnt band sign them or something..and from show they wasnt there..for exable some people pay 100-120 +30 shipping for some jokes ,cos there is no other word to describe the most of canadian posters..
    +in Greece and especially in my town,there is no other fucker wear pj shirt ..so here my pj shirts are rare.. :lol:

I only purchase posters from the shows I actually attended. I like to purchase the s/n editions simply because I like mine to have the signature of the artist who did the artwork. Often times people who come over to my house admire the posters and will ask who did the artwork. I can tell them the name of the artist and refer them to their signature on the poster. Pretty cool im my opinion.

- Uncle Snuffy
    cool.im not into to it..have all the poster from the shows i saw and like 10 more i liked ..thats it..
    shirts is my thing..and not only pj ones,collect others too..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    This shirt is ok, but why haven't we seen any shirts from PJ20 in goods? Instead of wasting effort on new designs that are just ok, why not sell the stuff that people may have missed out on at the shows, including the sports themed stuff?
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    crazypjfan wrote:
    This shirt is ok, but why haven't we seen any shirts from PJ20 in goods? Instead of wasting effort on new designs that are just ok, why not sell the stuff that people may have missed out on at the shows, including the sports themed stuff?

I'm with you on this! Missed out on PJ20 merch while I was there and would love to have the shirts!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    crazypjfan wrote:
    +1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    I would guess a few of the shirts would show up in the Goods. Not much seems to have been left after the shows (according to reports here) so I would guess that it's just the leftovers that 10c gets to sell.

It's still not too late to score that Riot Act crow shirt if you missed out on it at the show :lol:

I still think my shirt design beats the pants off any of the 10c offerings this year.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    I would guess a few of the shirts would show up in the Goods. Not much seems to have been left after the shows (according to reports here) so I would guess that it's just the leftovers that 10c gets to sell.

It's still not too late to score that Riot Act crow shirt if you missed out on it at the show :lol:

I still think my shirt design beats the pants off any of the 10c offerings this year.

WHAT shirt design???? :lol:

Shhhhh.... if you reference it, they might lock THIS thread....

BTW I agree with you, as I posted earlier. Yours had some creativity and thought behind it, not cheesy stencil work.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Thanks for the reference to the shirt formerly available at a PJ board near you!
    NAUjackfan wrote:

WHAT shirt design???? :lol:

Shhhhh.... if you reference it, they might lock THIS thread....

BTW I agree with you, as I posted earlier. Yours had some creativity and thought behind it, not cheesy stencil work.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Better Dan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

I'm with you on this! Missed out on PJ20 merch while I was there and would love to have the shirts!

Once the tour is over maybe tour merch will end up on here :)
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options

Totally agree with that. PJ is pretending to be hard core now? I've never heard of Krass. Ugly shirt. Looks like a home made shirt, like with those stencils you buy at a craft store. $30+ for this? If it was the free Analog shirt of the year, it'd be OK... better than I'm Analog... but don't know why anyone would pay for this.

Pearl Jam have never pretended to be a hardcore band, saying that they have never denied their roots and so much of Seattle in 88/89/90 was influenced by UK punk/US hardcore.
    Eddie Vedder clearly loves old US hardcore (fear shirts worn onstage, X doing the SA tour)

I won't buy that shirt as I don't really buy black shirts anymore, however as a Brit who likes Crass I totally dig the sentiment and the paying homage to a very very important punk band.

I think it's also especially important right now, given the current state of global politics and the amount of resitance/anti capitalist movements taking place as I type this. Saying that they are selling a shirt and making money on it so that Irony isn't lost on me, however the sentiment still holds true.

Read more about Crass here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crass

In closing, I think that shirt is awesome :mrgreen:
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    Hey, Sidnum, what do you think of the new shirt?

Oh, well if you're asking, I think it's pretty ugly.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    crazypjfan wrote:
    All the sports caps and Ts at Alpine where sold out at the venue, they may have other Ts from the US/CANADA tour left like the new PJ logo T. I bought a PACKERS T at alpine, my first PJ sports T and it was a copy of my fav. team.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    Sidnum wrote:
    Hey, Sidnum, what do you think of the new shirt?

Oh, well if you're asking, I think it's pretty ugly.
    :lol:
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,305
    I prefer it to the zombie shirt...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    nutbarz wrote:
    There is something wrong with that swatztika... oh wait, nm.... :lol:

gees I thought it was a skateboard ramp... lol
  • Options
    nutbarz wrote:
    There is something wrong with that swatztika... oh wait, nm.... :lol:
    \

Not directly to you...just interjecting into this thread is all...
    The Swatzika was not invented by Hitler. He STOLE it and thus has infamously defamed this highly religious symbol (Jainism.... which stems from Buddhisma and I'm NOT promoting religeon by ANY means). However I do wish everyone would educate themselves - even if it's simply thru a Google search. With that said -I personally would NOT walk around with a giant Swatzika on my shirt NOW.... THANX alot Adolf! But I definitely WILL wear the new PJ T-shirt just because of its awesome-ness and bears absolutely no resemblence to a swatzika. I'm just saying.
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    crazypjfan wrote:

Just about every thing sold out at PJ20. There was like nothing left as I left the second night.
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...