The Official Cigar Thread

Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I've been meaning to create this thread for awhile but kept forgetting

Post everything about cigars !!

What you have smoked and liked/hated,good deals....

I find great deals from here : http://www.cigarsinternational.com/

I recently bought 25 Macanudo Maduro's and split them with a co-worker. Pretty good smoke
My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i've had macanudo, good stuff

me and my buddy have a tradition where we smoke a cigar at midnight on new years... we haven't been able to do it for past few years so i haven't smoked cigars in a while but i look forward to picking that tradition back up next year
  • conman wrote:

me and my buddy have a tradition where we smoke a cigar at midnight on new years... we haven't been able to do it for past few years so i haven't smoked cigars in a while but i look forward to picking that tradition back up next year

Yeah I got into smoking a few years ago. Never touched a cigarette in my life but started puffing stogies.

Now I have a humidor packed with a nice selection. I did the cigar of the month club for 6 months thats a good way to try different cigars and find what you like.

I like mild/medium cigars. My wife hates all the cigars I smoke :lol:

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i've had a few...

don't remember the brands

i do remember getting my nippled zapped by this elctrolighter at a cigar shop near wrigley....

i may or may not have been drinking heavily during the game.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    i've had a few...

don't remember the brands

i do remember getting my nippled zapped by this elctrolighter at a cigar shop near wrigley....

i may or may not have been drinking heavily during the game.

:?

I made a habit of trying to keep the wrapper i always forget what I smoked if someone brings them to a party

I always wanted a freshly hand wrapped one from the islands...tobacco or no tobacco :lol:

• conman wrote:

Yeah I got into smoking a few years ago. Never touched a cigarette in my life but started puffing stogies.

Now I have a humidor packed with a nice selection. I did the cigar of the month club for 6 months thats a good way to try different cigars and find what you like.

I enjoy Griffins and Avos, usually the robusto sizes and any Cuban smokes I can get when I'm north of the border or across the pond. Check the Griffins and Avos if you haven't already. Just bought a box of Griffins today from CI. My tradition is to smoke one after the show walking back to the car, tailgating or sitting on the steps of the Spectrum going WOW! Would love to hear some recommendations as you just never know until you've smoked them. Hate to get a bum box or bundle. Light 'em if you got 'em!

peace.

PS: We need the CI smiley icon over there on the right ;)
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    which island? Cuba i assume?

i had once decent one and couple of crappy ones from there.

just don't tell the border crossing guards
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i don't smoke as much as i used to but i do enjoy a good cigar

my favs are macs or partagas...but for a inexpensive, everyday cigar i like flor de oliva
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Don't remember the name of it but I was given a rum flavored mini cigar by someone I helped move some rocks. A few days later a couple buddies and I did some mushrooms, we only had a little nugget of pot, and a few roaches, I suggested the cigar (since I never smoked them or cigarettes) It was so tasty!! :mrgreen:
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    edited November 2011
    conman wrote:

I enjoy Griffins and Avos, usually the robusto sizes and any Cuban smokes I can get when I'm north of the border or across the pond. Check the Griffins and Avos if you haven't already. Just bought a box of Griffins today from CI. My tradition is to smoke one after the show walking back to the car, tailgating or sitting on the steps of the Spectrum going WOW! Would love to hear some recommendations as you just never know until you've smoked them. Hate to get a bum box or bundle. Light 'em if you got 'em!

peace.

PS: We need the CI smiley icon over there on the right ;)

Nice..I love a good stogie while tailgating

I'll check out the Griffins. I like the 5 Vegas GOLD and Classic. Romeo y Julieta was a good smoke. I smoked a Gurkha not sure which one and nearly lost my dinner about an hour after smoking it :lol:

I usually smoke the Maduro or Robusto size

I have a screened in sunporch out back I love it in the summer just chilling with a beer and cigar
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on

• I seem to recall loving a philly blunt....it might have been defective, it was cracked down the middle and green inside, but tasted and smelled great. Best cigar ever!!
    voidofman wrote:
    Don't remember the name of it but I was given a rum flavored mini cigar by someone I helped move some rocks. A few days later a couple buddies and I did some mushrooms, we only had a little nugget of pot, and a few roaches, I suggested the cigar (since I never smoked them or cigarettes) It was so tasty!! :mrgreen:
    ahh yes flavored cigars are great for rolling green
    romeo y julieta was a good one too, forgot about those
  • I love Padron Cigars. Very good for only $15 a pop.
  • voidofman wrote:

I never tried one soaked in Rum..sounds good though

Pot ? never heard of it ;)

• norm wrote:
    i don't smoke as much as i used to but i do enjoy a good cigar

my favs are macs or partagas...but for a inexpensive, everyday cigar i like flor de oliva

The Macanudo was my 2nd cigar I smoked it was good

I always keep them in my box for people that dont smoke

I'll have to try that

I feel bad I used to hit my local cigar shop but the prices are crazy compared to online

• I recently picked this up...

m-xkel550k.jpg

Nice double torch and punch if you dont have a cutter

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prod ... 50K&cat=13

• Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    I prefer Cohibas...Funny, though, I heard recently a person can go bat-shit crazy if you try and eat one... :lol:
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Macanudo usually buy a couple every week at my favorite smoke shop.

La Aurora every now and then.

Btw if anybody is looking for wood cigar boxes I have plenty. So many uses for them. And yes you can put yr weed in them. lol

Great thread also.
    first cuban i ever smoked was in 96...at my buddy's wedding reception...game 6 of the series and a couple of us 'opened' the bar at the country club to watch the game and help ourselves to the beer on tap...by the end of the reception, most of the guests, including most of the wedding party (me included) were watching the game...it was a great night
  • I have a cuban in my humidor but haven't smoked it yet

I guess I'm waiting for a special occassion hopefully I'm not let down

I'll have to try that

I feel bad I used to hit my local cigar shop but the prices are crazy compared to online

I smoke a lot of cigarettes. When I buy an occasional cigar it's at a local shop. But yes, buy a Padron.
    I have a cuban in my humidor but haven't smoked it yet

like with any cigar, they'll be good one and bad ones

just make sure to keep it properly stored so that when you do smoke it it will have it's optimal flavor

doesn't have to be a special occasion...just make sure to smoke it when you can really enjoy it
  • norm wrote:
    I have a cuban in my humidor but haven't smoked it yet

like with any cigar, they'll be good one and bad ones

just make sure to keep it properly stored so that when you do smoke it it will have it's optimal flavor

doesn't have to be a special occasion...just make sure to smoke it when you can really enjoy it

Yeah I've noticed that I'll smoke a cigar and its great the next time its not even close

I seem to have the best tasting cigars on vacation :lol:

Must be the environment more than the stogie. Maybe Thanksgiving I'll break out the cuban

• First time I went to Germany my buddy and I went to a smoke shop in Munich and we each bought a Cuban cigar. First time really enjoying a cigar and we decided to drink wine........not a good idea. It was hot and we were part of a group tour. I remember sitting in a church with a wild and crazy buzz wishing and saying I'll never do this again god. lol
  • First time I went to Germany my buddy and I went to a smoke shop in Munich and we each bought a Cuban cigar. First time really enjoying a cigar and we decided to drink wine........not a good idea. It was hot and we were part of a group tour. I remember sitting in a church with a wild and crazy buzz wishing and saying I'll never do this again god. lol

Thats the only way i can sit in church

;):lol:

Ohhh man my head was spinning and I had the shakes it was bad.

Good times :mrgreen: lol

So glad this thread was started, I think a long time ago there was another one. Nice to chat about cigars again.

Ohhh man my head was spinning and I had the shakes it was bad.

So glad this thread was started, I think a long time ago there was another one. Nice to chat about cigars again.

The worst experience I ever had was I drank a lot of this : Jersey Devil Port
    Our deep rich and velvety Cynthiana wine fortified with brandy and oak aged for 3 years. Alc. 19.5% By Vol.

Its a local wine...I had a stogie with it I was loopy/nauseous for hours :lol:

Yeah I did too

I did a search but nothing came up

• Ohhh man my head was spinning and I had the shakes it was bad.

The worst experience I ever had was I drank a lot of this : Jersey Devil Port
    Our deep rich and velvety Cynthiana wine fortified with brandy and oak aged for 3 years. Alc. 19.5% By Vol.

Its a local wine...I had a stogie with it I was loopy/nauseous for hours :lol:

Yeah I did too

I did a search but nothing came up[/quote]

I think it was on the old board.

A bad experience at the time but now a classic story to remember and tell for yrs to come. hehe :D
  • Bump. . . I like this a lot.