Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    skyvalleyskyvalley Posts: 184
    I'am in......
    Berlin 95 with Neil Young, Berlin 1996, Berlin 2000, Berlin 2006, Munich 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Berlin 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Berlin 2 2012
  • Options
    katelliskatellis Posts: 513
    put me down .. i want a restock of the deluxe dvd though ..
  • Options
    redkeethredkeeth Posts: 123
    katellis wrote:
    put me down .. i want a restock of the deluxe dvd though ..

yeah I don't mind format having the option of both is cool but, I'll take what 10C will deliver save for the iTunes

That is no way near a good way to stream their performances. Low sound quality less than CD.
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003
    * Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006
    * Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

• Options
    Updated the list. 344 signatures and counting. To anyone out there who hasn't put there name down yet, don't be shy! :)
  • Options
    +1!

I know I had my chance and missed out, but doing another run of limited edition items is not unprecedented and I really hope 10c will do this. I really had my heart set on the deluxe blu-ray edition and at this point am holding off on getting any version to see how this works out. I see people selling on ebay for like $500. I was willing to a pay premium to buy on 10c, but that is getting out of hand, and I'd like to see 10c give some more members a crack at this without having to resort to paying through the nose on auction sites. Those who did snag a copy will probably think differently I suppose.
  • Options
    Add me to this petition please!

I have to hold up my hand and say I just wasn't paying attention to the various editions of the DVD that were going to be released, and the 'limited edition' status of some.
    Hence my extreme disappointment when I realised that the deluxe DVD boxset had already sold out.....didn't expect it to be THAT limited!
    So far haven't given up and bought the standard DVD but it's looking like that's what I will have to do in the end :(
  • Options
    +1 also. I was completely oblivious to the limited nature, and I was waiting for to be financially stable enough for it. Shoot!
    It's hard to be mad when there's so much beauty in the world.
  • Options
    I'd love to see a re-stock!
  • Options
    evilAevilA Posts: 2
    +1
  • Options
    DipperDipper Posts: 26
    Please re-stock the blu ray. I've been holding off buying the standard version from best buy and it's killing me.
  • Options
    Up to 350 now. Great to see three posters in a row make their first post here. Welcome! :) And, again, anyone else just throw their name up here and I'll add you. Seeing a $500 auction for the set is disappointing (and insulting) but everyone here should just remain positive and continue to build on this until we can't be ignored!
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    Hey, I think I asked to add my name to the list a while back - may have missed it on your list. Please add me! And, thanks for doing this. I did receive my DVD yesterday, and believe me, everyone should have an opportuniy to order this. Blue Ray or DVD....it is awesome.......
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    Signed as well.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Up to 350 now. Great to see three posters in a row make their first post here. Welcome! :) And, again, anyone else just throw their name up here and I'll add you. Seeing a $500 auction for the set is disappointing (and insulting) but everyone here should just remain positive and continue to build on this until we can't be ignored!

Yeah thought the same of the 3 posters in a row on page 60..

Welcome guys!
  • Options
    JH10467JH10467 Posts: 35
    I know this isn't a popular opinion but everyone had the same opportunity as everyone else to buy these sets. I get that some people had life get in the way but that's the nature of life. I bought my set and I really don't care if they sell more but I don't think they should. It was marketed as limited, yes I know that could be 1 million but it wasn't 1 million and it sold out. That should be the end of it. I think it would set a bad precident to sell more. What about the people who just have to have a zombie shirt? What if they haven't logged in since they went on sale and the miss the cutoff? Should they make more? What if you miss a ticket on sale? Should more be made available because you start a petition? Where does it stop? Can I start a petition to reprint the 96 and 98 posters? I'm sure if they have a blu ray making machine that the 10 club must have a screen printing machine in the basement. I'd also like a carbon black M3...think the 10 club can help me out with that? It is the ultimte driving machine and I know I could just buy a regular M3 but the carbon was limited so it must be better...why 10 club..no BMW...would you put something in a dull(glossy) package just to temp me...petition started. Yes, for my joke/attemted metaphor to work I need people to tell me that flat paint and all the little add ons are available elsewhere.
  • Options
    JH10467 wrote:
    I know this isn't a popular opinion but everyone had the same opportunity as everyone else to buy these sets. I get that some people had life get in the way but that's the nature of life. I bought my set and I really don't care if they sell more but I don't think they should. It was marketed as limited, yes I know that could be 1 million but it wasn't 1 million and it sold out. That should be the end of it. I think it would set a bad precident to sell more. What about the people who just have to have a zombie shirt? What if they haven't logged in since they went on sale and the miss the cutoff? Should they make more? What if you miss a ticket on sale? Should more be made available because you start a petition? Where does it stop? Can I start a petition to reprint the 96 and 98 posters? I'm sure if they have a blu ray making machine that the 10 club must have a screen printing machine in the basement. I'd also like a carbon black M3...think the 10 club can help me out with that? It is the ultimte driving machine and I know I could just buy a regular M3 but the carbon was limited so it must be better...why 10 club..no BMW...would you put something in a dull(glossy) package just to temp me...petition started. Yes, for my joke/attemted metaphor to work I need people to tell me that flat paint and all the little add ons are available elsewhere.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but, this section is for the people that want to sign a petition to make additional copies available to ALL Pearl Jam fans. Any Pearl Jam fan knows that the true SPIRIT behind the band is for EVERYONE to share and enjoy the music this band has to offer. If you do not subscribe to this theory, please, sunmit your post somewhere else.
  • Options
    JH10467 wrote:

After 61 pages this is kinda off topic...
    Also u are missing the point not everyone had the same opportunity.....
  • Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    JH10467 wrote:
    I bought my set and I really don't care if they sell more but I don't think they should. It was marketed as limited, yes I know that could be 1 million but it wasn't 1 million and it sold out. That should be the end of it. I think it would set a bad precident to sell more.

This is a thread to sign a petition.

So if you don't want to kindly support your fellow 10c members who weren't as lucky as you by signing the petition, then start your own thread to protest the petition

would you feel the same way if you didn't get the set? You don't think this is something all paying 10c members should be able to own????
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    JH10467 wrote:
    I know this isn't a popular opinion but everyone had the same opportunity as everyone else to buy these sets.

Not really true. If they only planned to sell a certain amount fans were always going to miss out..it just comes down to which fans? If they had announced it as limited up front the sets would have sold out within a few hours (or much sooner)..perhaps even you would have missed out then. The bottom line is that they didn't make nearly enough to meet the demand. This seems to have been the band's/management's decision and it's something that I very much disagree with.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Bottom line is that the band wasn't upfront with how limited the product was and didn't make enough for everyone who would want one. I have no idea why.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,985
    Actually, they may have produced enough. The problem is the non-restriction on orders and the fact that non 10C members could purchase them. :(
  • Options
    Count me in. I cannot understand why this item was limited to begin with. It is like being at a show and only a limited part of the crowd becomes one with the band rather than the entire crowd. Does it sound like a good show?

In my opinion, I think any one at any time should be entitled to purchase this item. If you’re at a show and you miss out on getting a poster that day, then that is a different matter. It is funny that it is only the limited edition that contains a disc dedicated to the fans. It just seems like there is something wrong with this picture.

I think when any item becomes limited, the true value of the item is lost and instead becomes more about the money. I guess purchasing it for $500.00 on E bay is reasonable while supplies last. Can you say green disease? It is like the wealth is being spread onto the size of a pin, but still I wonder. Hopefully in writing this, our voices are heard and that our votes will count for something. Really, how much difference does it make?
  • Options
    re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! re-stock! come on!!
    'Eddie has one of the best, if not the best, voices out there. When he sings, people believe them.'

...there's just too much that time cannot erase...

'Even Jesus Hates creed'
  • Options
    JH10467 wrote:
    I bought my set and I really don't care if they sell more but I don't think they should. It was marketed as limited, yes I know that could be 1 million but it wasn't 1 million and it sold out. That should be the end of it. I think it would set a bad precident to sell more.

This is a thread to sign a petition.

So if you don't want to kindly support your fellow 10c members who weren't as lucky as you by signing the petition, then start your own thread to protest the petition

would you feel the same way if you didn't get the set? You don't think this is something all paying 10c members should be able to own????

I'd buy the Blu from Best Buy and hope the 10 club sells the other discs later. If not then I'd have no one else to blame but myself. If I knew it was limited and I waited then shame on me. If I wanted a $100 laptop(advertised as limited) on black friday I'd damn sure get in line early instead of showing up the next day and complaining it was sold out.

Good luck with your pettition but as I said earlier in this thread, all people want are the extra discs...why not pettition that they get sold instead of a limited edition item that has sold out? I'd think you'd have better luck with that.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    bump
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JH10467 wrote:

Popular or unpopular, I don't get this line of thinking. I am especially puzzled by your allusion to 10C being in charge of BMW production. The zombie shirt had a definitive cut off (in this case it was a date - Halloween). It's also not a poster where an artist may intentially limit supply. It's not a white vinyl where a special production would have to be set up.

It's a blu ray that is easily mass produced on a computer (if you really wanted to). I think many folks have said, they'd do without the special packaging if they could just get their hands on the physical discs. Regardless, with a blu ray or dvd, there is no precedent of limiting production anywhere in the universe (there's the way to use hyperbole - not the bmw thing). You just sound very mean spirited (and also sound like someone that perhaps cares more about the collectibility of a blu ray than the actual content - blu rays and dvd's have not proven to have quite the collectibility value of other things).

I just don't get why you would bother chiming in on this type of thread. I don't even want the thing. It just seems silly that this type of product was not at least open to all orders before release date. And I have a feeling once they get past their backorder and Best Buy's exclusivity window, we'll be seeing these available (perhaps without the packaging) again.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Sorry if my attempted metaphor was so bad that it confused and saddened the masses. Like I said before I think the extra discs should be sold seperately so everyone who missed out can watch it and be happy. I don't think they should sell something again if it was originally marketed as limited because of the possible future implications...not because I ordered my set before they sold out.
  • Options
    Uhhhh, please sign my name to the petition. Nothing else to say really. Just please restock it. Thank you TC.
    Summerfest - Jul 08, 1995 / Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Oct 08, 2000
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998 / Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003 / Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 21, 2003
    Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004
    United Center - May 16, 2006 / United Center - May 17, 2006
    Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006 /Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    JH10467 wrote:
    I know this isn't a popular opinion but everyone had the same opportunity as everyone else to buy these sets.

Not really true. If they only planned to sell a certain amount fans were always going to miss out..it just comes down to which fans? If they had announced it as limited up front the sets would have sold out within a few hours (or much sooner)..perhaps even you would have missed out then. The bottom line is that they didn't make nearly enough to meet the demand. This seems to have been the band's/management's decision and it's something that I very much disagree with.

Exactly! I've always had to post something along the lines of this once people post "You had enough time to buy it". Can we use this as the cut-and-past response in the future? :D

On another note, up to 355 names now.
  • Options
    JH10467 wrote:
    Sorry if my attempted metaphor was so bad that it confused and saddened the masses. Like I said before I think the extra discs should be sold seperately so everyone who missed out can watch it and be happy. I don't think they should sell something again if it was originally marketed as limited because of the possible future implications...not because I ordered my set before they sold out.

BTW the thread title doesnt say Limited Edition...