Options

Second worst day of the worst year of my life...

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
January 10th my Dad passed away. Today, October 24th, my girlfriend/fiance' of almost 8 years have officialy split. Needless to say I was not a willing party for this. I'm heartbroken. :cry:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    I'm really sorry. That sucks.
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    oh man

hope things turn around for you

so sorry to hear this

hugs
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,907
    From my own experience, try not to stay in one feeling too long. Drags everything out. Just focus on whats in front of you to do.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Hey man!

First off sorry about your Dad, that's gotta be rough! And second that really sucks about your girl!

I feel for you dude!

Last year wasn't a good one for me, but you get through these things! It's in our nature to survive them!

Keep your chin up bud!

Sending you good vibes and all emotional type stuff that blokes aren't allowed to properly articulate!
    Dublin, Ireland, The Point, Jun 01, 2000
    Dublin, Ireland, The Point, Aug 23, 2006
    London, England, Wembley Arena, Jun 18, 2007
    London, UK, O2 Arena, Aug 18, 2009
    Manchester, M.E.N. Arena, June 20, 2012
    Manchester, M.E.N. Arena, June 21, 2012
    Leeds, First Direct Arena, July 8, 2014

Eddie
    London, Hammersmith Apollo, 30 July, 2012
    London, Hammersmith Apollo, 31 July, 2012
    London, Hammersmith Apollo, June 7, 2017

No need to be void,... or save up on life... You got to spend it all.....
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Sucks, sorry to hea .but on the bright, more time for mic ultra.?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this DS...hope things start lookin up for you.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    DS1119 wrote:
    January 10th my Dad passed away. Today, October 24th, my girlfriend/fiance' of almost 8 years have officialy split. Needless to say I was not a willing party for this. I'm heartbroken. :cry:
    I don't know the details, but give it a little time.

I've had many friends who had bad break ups over many years in a relationship, only to come back together months later stronger than ever.. Give it time.
  • Options
    Hey man!

First off sorry about your Dad, that's gotta be rough! And second that really sucks about your girl!

I feel for you dude!

Last year wasn't a good one for me, but you get through these things! It's in our nature to survive them!

Keep your chin up bud!

Sending you good vibes and all emotional type stuff that blokes aren't allowed to properly articulate!

I hate to bring this up, but why put exclamation points at the end of every sentence? It just makes you seem excited that he's feeling down. Maybe thats just one of my pet peeves. But anyway, I always rely on friends to cheer me up or music to soothe my soul if i feel like being alone when things like things like this happen. Look to the future and create some goals for yourself (Like to see pearl jam in 2012 :D ).
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,662
    Oh that fucking sucks. My dad died last January and it did make it a shitty year. Losing your lady totally blows.

Here's to hoping that you can find strength in the memory of your dad and the anger/sadness of today's activities. I would say drink a case of beer and wallow in it for a few days. Then focus on what is in front of you -- never know where this strange road may take us.

As Mike & Ed wrote:
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets, oh
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    jg1988jg1988 Posts: 181
    That is pretty awful to go through. I recently went through the same with my girl, it is awful and hard to get over. Just talk to your family and friends. Do whatever you can to get your mind off of it...it is going to be hard but you will prevail trust me. Very sorry again, just stick in there man.
  • Options
    binxbinx Posts: 21
    Leaves you open for what's to come.

Very sorry about your Dad.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i am sorry to hear this man.

things will get better. they always do!
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    So sorry to hear that DS. There's not really anything that can be said to make this easier on you..just take it one day at a time and surround yourself with people that care about you.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    supadupasupadupa Chicago Posts: 377
    Sorry to hear that. But trust me, if you hang in there and keep some faith in yourself, things will be okay.

That sounds really corny now that I've read over it, but it's true.
  • Options
    I'm self medicating right now...I've never felt this way in my life. You guys may have read some of my posts in the past and generally I just like to have fun. I don't get too serious about anything...but this has crushed me. The past two months have mentally brought me to my knees. I don't fucking eat anymore because I can't hold anything down...25 pounds lost in 6 weeks and I'm a smaller guy to start with. I live in an area now that I fucking hate and with no one here. :(
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Hang in there man. Life is a funny roller coaster with twist and turns and ups and downs just ride it out. Woman come and go sure u dont wanna hear that now but get better start getting the munchies gain some weight and smile. The Bills are 4-2 and Wash is going to limp into Toronto if that helps or even gives you a smile for a second.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    I feel so bad for all you are going through. *HUG*
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear this mate, hope things get better for you really soon. :(
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'm self medicating right now...I've never felt this way in my life. You guys may have read some of my posts in the past and generally I just like to have fun. I don't get too serious about anything...but this has crushed me. The past two months have mentally brought me to my knees. I don't fucking eat anymore because I can't hold anything down...25 pounds lost in 6 weeks and I'm a smaller guy to start with. I live in an area now that I fucking hate and with no one here. :(
    hey man, i know exactly how feel.... it sucks. best advice i can give you is don't let yourself sink too deep, keep your mind occupied. if you can learn to take your mind off it, everything will come back(appetite, happiness).

obviously this won't happen over night, just stick with it and you'll be fine.

shoot me a pm if you ever just need to talk to someone...
  • Options
    evmanevman Posts: 55
    DS1119 wrote:

i know how you feel i lost my dad in march and my girlfriend just dumped me as of sunday of 2 years
  • Options
    supadupasupadupa Chicago Posts: 377
    conman wrote:
    hey man, i know exactly how feel.... it sucks. best advice i can give you is don't let yourself sink too deep, keep your mind occupied. if you can learn to take your mind off it, everything will come back(appetite, happiness).

obviously this won't happen over night, just stick with it and you'll be fine.

shoot me a pm if you ever just need to talk to someone...

This. When my ex-husband walked out on me a few years back I felt the lowest I had ever been. But things got okay for me again. I think I'm a better person now from the experience, but at the time it did deeply, utterly suck.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Sucks dude. You can have mine???
    Stay strong brother. There are plenty of women out there. Who knows you might score a lovely pj lady on here!!
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Sorry to hear this, man. Keep your head up...you'll get through this.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    from someone that has been in a soul crushing situation for years and went through a season of close relatives and friends dying all I can say is that things will get better, you just have to find a way to get through it. seriously find a hobby, start working out, running, something else to focus on.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,255
    DS1119 wrote:
    I lost my Mom January 2nd. It cast a pall on the year, so I can sympathize.
    I'm sorry to hear about your travails, things probably seem like they'll never get better, but they will, just hang in there and remember there's plenty of us here to talk to. Feel free to shhot a PM if you like.

Take Care.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Sorry to hear this, man. Keep your head up...you'll get through this.

Thanks. :(
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this man. 2011 has been a difficult year for me too. I have a thing about even years being good and odd years bad. Keep the faith and hang in there. Good times are ahead for you.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    So sorry to hear this. Losing two very close people in such a short time is tough. You'll make it through. Just let the feelings come but don't stay stuck in them.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I already sent you a PM but I forgot this part. My boyfriend dumped me after two years and I decided I would never ever fall in love again. Maybe a month later I went on a date and I had this sort of "what the fuck" attitude and at the end of the date I said, "So, am I gonna see you again?" because I didn't care, I was sick of the games and stuff. And he said, "Well, no, cause I'm really busy with work and law school" and I thought - well, at least he's honest.

He called a day later, we dated, fell in love, got married, two kids later and he's still the love of my life.

So - yeah, there's bad stuff. But then there's really good stuff that surprises you, too.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad. Mine died in 07, and my mother died in 95. And my dear sweet cat died on Friday. 8 years together then a breakup has got to be so hard. Pain is pain and it hurts. Be easy on yourself and give yourself time to get through everything. Be in a daze when you need to be. Sleep.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008