Options

Second worst day of the worst year of my life...

13»

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:
    Hope u feel better today brotha. From 1 RF to another.
    What does self medicate involve btw?

Just beer. All of the other stuff,and there was a lot of it, ended when college ended...ok maybe a couple of summers after college it ended.

If you are just hanging out I would suggest good vodka. on the rocks. wont gain the beer weight, takes much less of it to do the trick and you will feel better in the AM.

I gave up hard alcohol in 1998 because of this story and this is the God's honest truth. I was at a bachelor party and got absolutely smashed on Lemon Drops...smashed. I walked home about three miles and woke up on my bathroom floor with my pants around my ankles...grass stains on my knees like I had been walking for a bit with my pants down and had actually fallen...and me using as a pillow a metal Syracuse Orangeman trash can I had. I had actually punched a huge dent/crease in the trash can so my head would fit in there securely like it was a pillow. The next day I was such a hurting puppy...but it was a good night that night. :lol:
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    DS1119 wrote:
    I gave up hard alcohol in 1998 because of this story and this is the God's honest truth. I was at a bachelor party and got absolutely smashed on Lemon Drops...smashed. I walked home about three miles and woke up on my bathroom floor with my pants around my ankles...grass stains on my knees like I had been walking for a bit with my pants down and had actually fallen...and me using as a pillow a metal Syracuse Orangeman trash can I had. I had actually punched a huge dent/crease in the trash can so my head would fit in there securely like it was a pillow. The next day I was such a hurting puppy...but it was a good night that night. :lol:

All this on Lemon Drops?

:lol::lol:

It sounds like you've got in under control, but the worrier in me can't help but say this.. don't overdo the self-medicating, okay? And remember to eat/hydrate/sleep.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

All this on Lemon Drops?

It sounds like you've got in under control, but the worrier in me can't help but say this.. don't overdo the self-medicating, okay? And remember to eat/hydrate/sleep.
    So you STOLE a garbage can lid? Correct? I think there's a thread bout people who do shit like that. Jeeze.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

All this on Lemon Drops?

I think they are called Lemon Drops??? From what I remember it was a shot of vodka followed up by sucking on a lemon slice coated in sugar...my stomach is turning thinking of that right now.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I think they are called Lemon Drops??? From what I remember it was a shot of vodka followed up by sucking on a lemon slice coated in sugar...my stomach is turning thinking of that right now.

it's TEQUILA, not vodka.. and it calls that way.. at least, here in Argentina
  • Options
    So you STOLE a garbage can lid? Correct? I think there's a thread bout people who do shit like that. Jeeze.

hwl?set=sku%5B20162838%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B400%5D,h%5B300%5D&load=url%5Bfile:product%5D

It was already in my room...looked something like this. Now imagine turning it on it's side and punching the fucker in the middle until it's fully dented like a V...that's where I put my head. :D
  • Options
    Juan Godoy wrote:

Oh :shock: ...whatever it was it caused me to give up the hard stuff.
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    2011 is turning out to be a sucky year for a ton of people. I'm sorry about your loss, hang in there. :(
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,684
    DS1119 wrote:
    Juan Godoy wrote:

Here in the states that is indeed a lemon drop. (Vodka/Lemon/Sugar)

The key to hard alcohol (and to feeling OK the next day) is in what you DONT drink. As in, no-mixers. Captain and Cokes taste great, right? Have about 10-12 of them on a night out partying. What you forget the next AM is that you slammed a six pack of coke with that booze. (And Rum is high in sugar anyway.)

Dont get me wrong -- I loves me some beer! But I dont want to feel like shit on Saturday or Sunday AM so I tend to stick to straight stuff. Sake/Shochu/Vodka -- they all do the trick!

BTW, I loved the Orange growing up!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

hwl?set=sku%5B20162838%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B400%5D,h%5B300%5D&load=url%5Bfile:product%5D

It was already in my room...looked something like this. Now imagine turning it on it's side and punching the fucker in the middle until it's fully dented like a V...that's where I put my head. :D
    I still stand by my statement. :p
    I got a Dora the explorer one of those in my shitter. :D
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Juan Godoy wrote:

The key to hard alcohol (and to feeling OK the next day) is in what you DONT drink. As in, no-mixers. Captain and Cokes taste great, right? Have about 10-12 of them on a night out partying. What you forget the next AM is that you slammed a six pack of coke with that booze. (And Rum is high in sugar anyway.)

Dont get me wrong -- I loves me some beer! But I dont want to feel like shit on Saturday or Sunday AM so I tend to stick to straight stuff. Sake/Shochu/Vodka -- they all do the trick!

BTW, I loved the Orange growing up!

couldn't agree more!!
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

All this on Lemon Drops?

Oh, those actually sound quite potent! They can't be Lemon Drops but to be honest, I have no idea. Only thing I have to go by is every time Lemon Drops are brought out, all the dudes around me roll their eyes and make fun of the girly shit. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I got a Dora the explorer one of those in my shitter. :D

:o

RF
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    Sorry I missed this 'till now, DS1119. Two big blows in one year- that's a lot to shoulder. I wish you all the best and hope you're holding up as well as possible. PJ forum's a great place for support. We're all pulling for you!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

It is? :-? Okay, maybe my friends are alcoholics. Anyway. :D
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:
    Sorry I missed this 'till now, DS1119. Two big blows in one year- that's a lot to shoulder. I wish you all the best and hope you're holding up as well as possible. PJ forum's a great place for support. We're all pulling for you!

Thanks man. I really hope you can get some help for your hearing. :thumbup:
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    DS1119 wrote:

this story is hilarious! :lol:

cheer up man. good times, fun times lie ahead.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

this story is hilarious! :lol:

cheer up man. good times, fun times lie ahead.

Thinking of some of my past is actually helping me escape right mentally right now. I'm starting a new thread to hear other member stories. :thumbup:
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    I gave up hard alcohol in 1998 because of this story and this is the God's honest truth. I was at a bachelor party and got absolutely smashed on Lemon Drops...smashed. I walked home about three miles and woke up on my bathroom floor with my pants around my ankles...grass stains on my knees :
    Yeah I can see how going to a party with a bunch of dudes and waking up with your pants around your ankles and dirty knees and no recollection of why could cause a behavior change. :mrgreen:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I gave up hard alcohol in 1998 because of this story and this is the God's honest truth. I was at a bachelor party and got absolutely smashed on Lemon Drops...smashed. I walked home about three miles and woke up on my bathroom floor with my pants around my ankles...grass stains on my knees :
    Yeah I can see how going to a party with a bunch of dudes and waking up with your pants around your ankles and dirty knees and no recollection of why could cause a behavior change. :mrgreen:

Yup...I get this everytime I tell the story. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i for you...kind of in a similar boat...its so sad it's sickening
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,213
    Damn really sorry to hear it DS, hope things turn around for you soon, as you seem to have already found out hanging out here will help cheer you up big time :D
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    Damn really sorry to hear it DS, hope things turn around for you soon, as you seem to have already found out hanging out here will help cheer you up big time :D

It does. More than I think I can express. :thumbup:
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Hey. Hope you're doin ok.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011