***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Went last night in Buffalo.

Blew me away. They brought Krist Novoselic out too which was awesome.
    Wow!! What did he play with them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZTYfwca3Zg
    That's awesome!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    edited September 2011
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Went last night in Buffalo.

Blew me away. They brought Krist Novoselic out too which was awesome.
    Wow!! What did he play with them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZTYfwca3Zg
    That is just awesome!! Interesting they didn't play I Should Have Known while they had him there.

I hear they are really bringing it this tour- can't wait for the DC show!! 6 weeks, 4 days! 8-)
    Post edited by samjam on
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    going to the Izod Center tonight! :D
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    conman wrote:
    going to the Izod Center tonight! :D

nice! I have a few friends there, should be a great show!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    OMIGOD was that amazing or what?!?!?!?!?! I wasn't supposed to be at tonight's IZOD show but a friend had an extra ticket and it didn't take too much convincing. Helped that I had a ride there and back to the city which was my big hang-up.

So many highlights... Krist Novoselic playing accordion on These Days, the rising platform across from the stage, Dave talking smack to the people sitting down, This Is A Call, Everlong (my all-time favourite), crazy fan who managed to get on stage and bounced around for a bit before diving back into the pit after a guard tries to chase after him, Dave talking about how it's the first time he's seen people tailgating at their shows and how they've finally made it (or something like that). AND, the best part was NOBODY in my row shuffled back and forth to get beer or pee, so I could watch the entire show uninterrupted. What a beautiful thing.

They played for close to 3 hours. Whole reason I originally didn't want to go tonight was because I really didn't think I needed to see them 3x but after tonight, I'm so happy I get to see them two more times at MSG and Newark!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    OMIGOD was that amazing or what?!?!?!?!?! I wasn't supposed to be at tonight's IZOD show but a friend had an extra ticket and it didn't take too much convincing. Helped that I had a ride there and back to the city which was my big hang-up.

So many highlights... Krist Novoselic playing accordion on These Days, the rising platform across from the stage, Dave talking smack to the people sitting down, This Is A Call, Everlong (my all-time favourite), crazy fan who managed to get on stage and bounced around for a bit before diving back into the pit after a guard tries to chase after him, Dave talking about how it's the first time he's seen people tailgating at their shows and how they've finally made it (or something like that). AND, the best part was NOBODY in my row shuffled back and forth to get beer or pee, so I could watch the entire show uninterrupted. What a beautiful thing.

They played for close to 3 hours. Whole reason I originally didn't want to go tonight was because I really didn't think I needed to see them 3x but after tonight, I'm so happy I get to see them two more times at MSG and Newark!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    :clap::clap: :thumbup:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    yeah last night was awesome. i was sitting in the first section on the floor behind the GA, so when Dave had his little stage I was right fucking there. Kick ass performances all night, awesome jams, and Shiflett's guitar throw around his shoulder was siiiick
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Options
    I love this!
    Dave Grohl's Foo Fighters hold nothing back in Jersey; fans treated to hours-long rock assault at Izod.
    He treated the stage as a suggestion, not a piece of required reading

http://www.northjersey.com/arts_enterta ... enter.html
  • Options
    Anyone else with reviews from yesterday's show? HELP ME, I need to keep the high going.
  • Options
    WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    edited September 2011
    I went to the Izod Center show in NJ last night.
    Foo Fighters = Just Amazing! Got there early to be up by the rail by Chris. Had a great view of Taylor and Dave. Some what can see Nate and Pat. Set list was was great. The energy from Dave was unbelievable. Taylor on drums WOW :o The man is Massive. He deserves so much respect. Loved watching him and listening to him during his solo. Chris was great and he looked relaxed. Sometimes he would smile at us. Pat looked like he was enjoying the crowd. Nate seem a bit serious but once in a while he was head banging..fun to watch. One of the highlights for me was seeing Kris K. (Nirvana bassist) on stage with the Foo's playing. After that song he said bye and left the stage and Foo's then went straight to I Should Have Known it was bitter sweet moment.

The section where I was on the floor, we were having the time of our lives. I like what Dave did after the encore, he played in the back of the floor for three song I believe. Giving attention to the people in the back was great.
    I had the time of my life. I've seen them before but last night crowd was no joke. Foo's gave us love and we returned it twice as intense. I wasn't lucky to get Chris's pick or Taylor's drum stick but did get Dave Grohl's! :D

I can't wait for MSG! Bring on the HOT BUNS! ;)
    Post edited by WashMyLove on
  • Options
    WashMyLove wrote:
    I went to the Izod Center show in NJ last night.
    Foo Fighters = Just Amazing! Got there early to be up by the rail by Chris. Had a great view of Taylor and Dave. Some what can see Nate and Pat. Set list was was great. The energy from Dave was unbelievable. Taylor on drums WOW :o The man is Massive. He deserves so much respect. Loved watching him and listening to him during his solo and when he was singing. Chris was great and he looked relaxed. Sometime he would smile at us. Pat looked like he was enjoying the crowd. Nate seem a bit serious but once in a while he was head banging..fun to watch. One of the highlights for me was seeing Kris K. (Nirvana bassist) on stage with the Foo's playing. After that song he said said bye and left the stage and Foo's then went straight to I Should Have Known it was bitter sweet moment.

The section wear I was on the floor, we were having the time of our lives. Like what Dave did after the encore, he played in the back of the floor for three song I believe. Giving attention to the people in the back was great.
    I had the time of my life. I've seen them before but last night crowd was no joke. Foo's gave us love and we returned it twice as intense. I wasn't lucky to get Chris's pick or Taylor's drum stick but did get Dave Grohl's! :D

I can't wait for MSG! Bring on the HOT BUNS! ;)
    That's awesome!!!!

I realized Taylor was an animal on the drums when I first started playing along to Wasting Light on the drums. That's some serious drumming that man does.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Suziemay wrote:
    Anyone else with reviews from yesterday's show? HELP ME, I need to keep the high going.

Great show, indeed! One of the first things I noticed about the crowd was how mainstream and preppy the majority looked. So I loved when Dave said, "how many have seen us before and there was a big applause. But then he said "How many are here seeing us for the first time?" and there was a HUGE applause. So then he says, "Well, we've been around for 16 years so why would haven't you all seen us before?!" I loved it, it verifies how successful Wasting Light is and how many more fans they've gained. I love how he called out the guys sitting down. And just the raw energy from the band but especially Dave, he's just so perfect for this role. So friggin funny and entertaining and can scream like no one else! And playing almost 3 hours... who else does that? It's longer than most PJ shows! Oh, I loved seeing Krist, too. Great to have him come out and play the accordian. It seems like most the crowd didn't know who he was though! At least he mentioned the anniversary he and Krist were celebrating... :D
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    In case anyone's going to the Sacramento show: this was posted on FB today:

Guys,
    THE SACRAMENTO POWER BALANCE ARENA SHOW IS RESCHEDULED
    FROM THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20TH TO TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST
    All the original tickets will still be honored
  • Options
    Grandma wrote:
    In case anyone's going to the Sacramento show: this was posted on FB today:

Guys,
    THE SACRAMENTO POWER BALANCE ARENA SHOW IS RESCHEDULED
    FROM THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20TH TO TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST
    All the original tickets will still be honored
    Will add that to the first page. Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

Show last night was great. These guys really bring it. So much energy its incredible. Grohl is quite the showman. He really knows how to play to the crowd. Thought the new stuff sounded great live, except for Walk, where I thought the audio wasn't loud enough, drowned out by the guitars. Also not so into Best Of You being done acoustic, as great as it was, seeing them before I like the full band version more , fast and screaming it loud seems more how that song should be done, but who I am I to tell Dave Grohl that :? . But all in all, an unbelievble 3 hour marathon of great music. Foos are the only band besides PJ where nobody sits at all the entire show. Good times.

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    vitodacat wrote:
    Foos are the only band besides PJ where nobody sits at all the entire show. Good times.
    everybody in my section(except for me and my buddy) and everybody in the two sections to our left and right were sitting for the entire show.

by far the worst crowd i've ever been a part of but the band was fucking amazing.
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    vitodacat wrote:
    Foos are the only band besides PJ where nobody sits at all the entire show. Good times.
    everybody in my section(except for me and my buddy) and everybody in the two sections to our left and right were sitting for the entire show.

by far the worst crowd i've ever been a part of but the band was fucking amazing.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Most around me were up and jumpin the whole time

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    edited September 2011
    conman wrote:
    vitodacat wrote:

I hate going to rock shows where people are sitting down..No respect, unless you have some kind of injury then it's fine to sit but if not...Like what Dave said last night F them! :lol:
    Post edited by WashMyLove on
  • Options
  • Options
    I love WASTING LIGHT. can't wait for my first official Foo Figthers show in Los Angeles next month.
    Let Me Live So When It's Time To Die Even The Reaper Cries
  • Options
    conman wrote:

Man, that stinks. Completely opposite for me, possibly the best crowd of all the concerts I've ever been to.
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    conman wrote:
    vitodacat wrote:

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Glad you enjoyed the band and rocked out with your friend! :D
  • Options
    PJ88 wrote:
    conman wrote:
    vitodacat wrote:

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Glad you enjoyed the band and rocked out with your friend! :D
    yeah we weren't gonna let some lazy fuckers ruin our experience. we've been going to shows together since high school and we always have a blast no matter what. :)
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    For those of you lucky enough to be seeing the Foos with The Joy Formidable in a few weeks...GET THERE EARLY! Saw TJF headline last night and they were friggin' awesome. They are perfect for a Foos show (heavy, energetic, and fun). Well worth getting there early. I am positive they will win over every crowd they play in front of.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    For those of you lucky enough to be seeing the Foos with The Joy Formidable in a few weeks...GET THERE EARLY! Saw TJF headline last night and they were friggin' awesome. They are perfect for a Foos show (heavy, energetic, and fun). Well worth getting there early. I am positive they will win over every crowd they play in front of.

Good to hear!! I've heard a few Joy Formidable songs and liked what I've heard. Always a plus when the opener(s) for a fantastic band are also fantastic! Excited to hear them and Social D open!
    5 weeks, 6 days 8-)
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    One of my favourite pics from the 9/26 IZOD show. Rare moment that Dave wasn't moving around like a possessed person so I managed to snap this pic.

davegrohl9262011izod.th.jpg
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Suziemay wrote:
    One of my favourite pics from the 9/26 IZOD show. Rare moment that Dave wasn't moving around like a possessed person so I managed to snap this pic.

davegrohl9262011izod.th.jpg

nice! Love it! :D
  • Options
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Newch91 wrote:

:clap:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Have they taken out Generator from the most recent sets?? I know they were playing it for a while, looked at some of the past handful of shows and didn't see it there. DAMN if that's true! My favorite FF song, tied with Times Like These :(
    ~not a dude~