*** San Diego Fanviews 7/7 Here ***

12346»

Comments

• So finally I get to put my fanview...

The 7/7 show was my first PJ show and was also my friends. My pops had his 10C tickets, (I'm in the 10C now, San Diego 08 i'm waiting) and I was off to McCreadys side up top, but this is Pearl Jam and i could care less.

So to start the day off I went down to the beach on a typical day here, (Ed makes a comment about that) and enjoyed the water and caught some rays trying to burn time off before the show. So on my way home I see a truck with Pearl Jam painted on their windows and we both acknowledged each other thought that was pretty damn cool seeing someone who is gonna be at the show and shares the same love of the same band who is visiting your city.

Anyways, at this point in my life my Pearl Jam knowledge was limited to Rearviewmirror and various bootlegs, so I did not know nearly as many songs as I do now.

So the show starts, i'm extremely pumped, and Oceans comes on, I don't know this song but who cares, it's my first live PJ song...

Next is Severed Hand, but i'm still waiting for one of the big hits...Corduroy does it. For me the show started with Corduroy, once it was over i'm just starving for another big song and for me being not a hardcore fan yet that came with Even Flow. Great, but I was still awaiting something more...

Betterman/Save it for Later - Well, this I guess I could say is the something more, at least at this point, the feeling of singing a whole verse with 12,000 other people only to have Eddie Vedder say "that's fucking beautiful" is unbelievable...

Inside Job and Life Wasted back to back are high points for me as those are two of my favorite cuts off of Avocado...

Rearviewmirror- what do i say? Jammed for over 10 minutes, couldn't ask for more...

The show is definitely on...and Long Road gives the crowd and myself time to cool down...only to be brought back again by the song dedicated to "those one liquor store kind of towns", and for me Small Town and Crazy Mary are sort of synonymous and when i think of them i think of the same sort of setting, so hearing these back to back was something else...

I get a Crown of Thorns "break", until what me and my friend had been waiting for...as soon as the opening riffs of Alive came on we high fived and went nuts and so did the rest of the crowd, just crazy involvement crowd everyone was singin Ed was up on the Amps along with Mike...couldn't have asked for a better Alive as my first one...

At this point, I am thinking what else could they possibly play to make the night better?

Last Kiss - Great song to hear once, wouldn't care to see it again but Ed climbing the ladder on my side was pretty cool

Finally, we get to RITFW with Kelly Slater, lights on everyone singin along knowing the night is done, but to get Yellow Ledbetter also with the Star Spangled Banner at the end just topped off a night i'll never forget...
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    Hope everyone has the boot by now.....
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • I was there what a great show.Also went to the two shows at the Gorge.Would have to say the two shows at the gorge were better due in part to the location
  • The performances of Corduroy, Betterman and Crazy Mary are my favorite from the tour. I listen to them constantly.

What an unbelievable night.
  • Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Anniversary bump!

Best concert ever!
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • SlinkeSlinke Posts: 2
    coming up on 3 years later, still is the best concert ever~~~Best boot of the 100 or so I have heard, and we are all ready for Pearl Jam to rock Diego again soon!
  • Even after 5 years, this show is still my favorite show of the 17 I've been too, even the Gorge. Was just listening to Long Road and thought I'd bump this, for Clayton Ligget.
    Let Me Live So When It's Time To Die Even The Reaper Cries