10. God's Dice
    11. Deep
    12. Garden
    13. Wishlist [dedicated to Doug Gilmour]
    14. Evenflow
    15. Present Tense
    16. Rats
    17. State Of Love And Trust
    18. The Fixer {Ed talks about The West Memphis 3 and thanks the Canadians that helped support them and their cause}
    19. Porch

ENCORE BREAK 1
    20. Last Kiss-(Cochran) {played to audience behind the stage}
    21. Just Breathe
    22. I Got Shit/Cinnamon Girl-(Young) {Ed sings chorus of "Cinnamon Girl"}
    23. Light Years
    24. Jeremy
    25. Why Go

ENCORE BREAK 2
    {When the band returns to the stage Stone says "Let's hear it for Eddie Vedder"}
    26. Do The Evolution
    27. Alive
    28. Kick Out The Jams w/ Mark Arm & Steve Turner of Mudhoney-(Davis, Kramer, Smith, Thompson, Tyner)
    29. Baba O'Riley-(Townshend)
    30. Yellow Ledbetter

NOW THIS IS A FUCKING SETLIST.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the Montreal show. I don't regret for one second, driving up from Boston for PJ last week, but I was hoping for something more like this than what we got. I've seen other people killed on this thread for complaining about the 'mediocrity' of their setlist, but I'm right there with them. It's okay to want to hear other stuff than what's 'usually' played at a PJ show. (yes, there were some rarities played on Wednesday, but that set was dominated by their concert mainstays)

Toronto 2 got Deep, Garden, Rats, Present Tense, Baba O'Reilley,In My Tree, Light Years?!?! Go & Animal to start the show? Awesome. Friggin' awesome.

Every live PJ show is a gift to me, and I love them all individually.

But this is the kind of show I'm chasing.

It's OK to chase that kind of show, but I think it is unrealistic to expect it in a city they had not played in six years. I think the band had real concerns about the crowd and the setlist reflected that. But the crowd rocked in the end and so did the show.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Some people will never be completely satisfied no matter what. :roll: All these complainers regarding the setlists have a pretty sweet and easy life to put so much energy into the band and their set lists.

I thought the Montreal show and its crowd was incredible!
    Jeanwah wrote:

Great pictures!

I wish you all the best for your recovery and hope this "spirit lifting" experience will speed up your healing progress.

Alain

Thank you!! It's already done wonders to making me feel better! :D
  • Jeanwah wrote:
    Some people will never be completely satisfied no matter what. :roll: All these complainers regarding the setlists have a pretty sweet and easy life to put so much energy into the band and their set lists.

Yes Jeanwah, I have a pretty sweet and easy life because I was hoping for more rarities in the setlist. I hated the show and I will never be satisfied with Pearl Jam or anything else in my life. I'm a piece of shit for having my own opinion, or one that doesn't jive with yours.(did you even read my quote about loving the show?)

This is why this forum sucks, I can't have a dissenting opinion, or even admit I'm jealous of another night's setlist without having some blind PJ apologist making assumptions about how sweet & easy my life must be.

Get off your high horse.
  • JimmyV wrote:
    [It's OK to chase that kind of show, but I think it is unrealistic to expect it in a city they had not played in six years. I think the band had real concerns about the crowd and the setlist reflected that. But the crowd rocked in the end and so did the show.

Well said.
    Jeanwah wrote:

Yes Jeanwah, I have a pretty sweet and easy life because I was hoping for more rarities in the setlist. I hated the show and I will never be satisfied with Pearl Jam or anything else in my life. I'm a piece of shit for having my own opinion, or one that doesn't jive with yours.(did you even read my quote about loving the show?)

This is why this forum sucks, I can't have a dissenting opinion, or even admit I'm jealous of another night's setlist without having some blind PJ apologist making assumptions about how sweet & easy my life must be.

Get off your high horse.

I did see that you loved the show. I was commenting not about just your post but about all the complaints across the board. The last thing I am is a PJ apologist. I just happened to have been in a wheel chair for the last year due to unfortunate circumstances and my perception on the world has changed completely. I'm grateful for everything now, even though I can't do half of what I used to.
  • Jeanwah wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

Get off your high horse.

I did see that you loved the show. I was commenting not about just your post but about all the complaints across the board. The last thing I am is a PJ apologist. I just happened to have been in a wheel chair for the last year due to unfortunate circumstances and my perception on the world has changed completely. I'm grateful for everything now, even though I can't do half of what I used to.

Big ups to you for getting out to the show. I have NO idea what that is like to try to live life in a wheelchair as neither I nor anyone I'm close too has been in that situation. I absolutely wish you the best & the fullest recovery possible.

We can argue day & night about what constitutes a standard PJ setlist (if such a thing exists, which some people think it does not), but like I said before, Montreal was loaded w/ concert mainstays for them. I (& I think many other people) were hoping for something different in the tour in the wake of PJ20. And there's nothing wrong with that, that's what this forum is for. I know this happens after every show, not everyone is totally happy with every setlist, whatever.

That being said, opinions are subjective, and everyone is entitled to theirs. No-one's is any more or less valid, regardless of our situations in life.
    At the end of the day, I just don't think it's fair to presume anything about where anyone else is coming from. Rolling your eyes is one thing, to suggest peoples' 'sweet & easy lives' is something totally different.

Good luck with your recovery, keep living & loving life.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

These are GREAT. Leica glass rules! Mine were taken with Leica lenses adapted on a Sony NEX 5 camera.

http://s1097.photobucket.com/albums/g34 ... 0Montreal/

I reposted 'cause my photos got lost behind the "the setlist sucked" nonsense.

Obscurity doesn't always traslate into "better". An Arms Aloft where no one raises their arms is kind of pointless.
    It sounded to me like a brand new Eddie intro to Porch as well. I was digging the channelled Pete Townshend-y windmill that Ed threw in at the end of it.

Would I have liked to hear a Driven to Tears cover? hell yeah. Did Come Back make up for it? You betcherass it did. The energy in the room from start to curtain call was a-frickin'-mazing. As the offical start of the tour, I thought it ruled.

I'd be into it if they played Riot Act, Pearl Jam, and Backspacer from start to end.
    Johnny Guitar gets no love.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Does anyone have or has anyone seen a picture of the setlist? I'm curious if Come Back really was a last minute set change. Sure seemed like it that night.

edited September 2011
    JimmyV wrote:
    Does anyone have or has anyone seen a picture of the setlist? I'm curious if Come Back really was a last minute set change. Sure seemed like it that night.

http://gallery.me.com/agauthiermdphd#10 ... ack&sel=51
    http://gallery.me.com/agauthiermdphd#10 ... olor=black
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • JimmyV wrote:

See my picture gallery at

http://gallery.mac.com/agauthiermdphd#1 ... &view=grid

Setlist is there.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Montreal 20/06/03, Montreal 15/09/05, Ottawa 16/09/05. Montreal 1 (EV) 09/08/08; Albany 2 (EV) 09/06/09.
    Toronto 21/08/09; Cleveland 9/05/10; Buffalo 10/05/10. Montreal 7/09/11; Toronto 11/9/11; Toronto 12/9/11; Ottawa 14/9/11.
    London 16/07/13; Pittsburg 11/10/13; Buffalo 12/10/13. Moline (No Code) 17/10/14, St Paul 19/10/14, Milwaukee (Yield) 20/10/14.
    Quebec City 5/5/2016, Ottawa 8/5/2016; Toronto (Binaural) 10/5/2016, Toronto 12/5/2016 (Completed Ten, finally got Oceans).
    London 18/7/2018, London 19/7/2018 :(, Boston 2/9/2018.
    Quebec City 1/9/2022; Ottawa 3/9/2022; Hamilton 6/9/2022, Toronto 8/9/2022.
    JimmyV wrote:

Setlist is there.

Your seats were terrible. How did you deal with such a pedestrian set list?
  • JimmyV wrote:

Setlist is there.

Your seats were terrible. How did you deal with such a pedestrian set list?

I wish I was I fortunate as fortunate as me.

Montreal 20/06/03, Montreal 15/09/05, Ottawa 16/09/05. Montreal 1 (EV) 09/08/08; Albany 2 (EV) 09/06/09.
    Toronto 21/08/09; Cleveland 9/05/10; Buffalo 10/05/10. Montreal 7/09/11; Toronto 11/9/11; Toronto 12/9/11; Ottawa 14/9/11.
    London 16/07/13; Pittsburg 11/10/13; Buffalo 12/10/13. Moline (No Code) 17/10/14, St Paul 19/10/14, Milwaukee (Yield) 20/10/14.
    Quebec City 5/5/2016, Ottawa 8/5/2016; Toronto (Binaural) 10/5/2016, Toronto 12/5/2016 (Completed Ten, finally got Oceans).
    JimmyV wrote:

Setlist is there.

How did you get two setlists? I saw the roadie hand a couple out... to the same person?
    JimmyV wrote:

http://gallery.me.com/agauthiermdphd#10 ... ack&sel=51
    http://gallery.me.com/agauthiermdphd#10 ... olor=black

Thanks! Looks like it was not a set change...but Evenflow was? I would not have guessed that. :lol:

• Jeanwah wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

Setlist is there.

How did you get two setlists? I saw the roadie hand a couple out... to the same person?

I was first row seat 11. The roadie gave Mike's set list to the pregnant lady in the second row on my left. Eddie's set list was given to a woman in the first row. She was standing four people on my right.

Jeanwah wrote:

Setlist is there.

I was first row seat 11. The roadie gave Mike's set list to the pregnant lady in the second row on my left. Eddie's set list was given to a woman in the first row. She was standing four people on my right.

Yeah, I was on the far right in front of Stone. seat 33.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    400_PearlJamMontreal11.jpg

Floor. Section B (Ed). Row 8th. Seat 23.

The first Pearl Jam show of the Canadian Tour!! Shared that night with Ed (Brisk). He wanted to hear some songs off Binaural tonight, and so we got some & it was worth it!! The energy of that crowd was insane. Ed was passing around wine bottles left to right. Loved the Riot Act Canadian Flag. Need to find one ASAP cause that was bad ass. Every time I visit Montreal their crowds are wild. Wanted to so wear my Boston Bruins Stanley Cup long sleeve shirt but said what the hell, no need for arguments tonight. The band was tight but a few fuck ups on a few tracks but it was all made up for.
  • "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • demetrios wrote:

The first Pearl Jam show of the Canadian Tour!! Shared that night with Ed (Brisk). He wanted to hear some songs off Binaural tonight, and so we got some & it was worth it!! The energy of that crowd was insane. Ed was passing around wine bottles left to right. Loved the Riot Act Canadian Flag. Need to find one ASAP cause that was bad ass. Every time I visit Montreal their crowds are wild. Wanted to so wear my Boston Bruins Stanley Cup long sleeve shirt but said what the hell, no need for arguments tonight. The band was tight but a few fuck ups on a few tracks but it was all made up for.
    Just add a picture of Ed with that flag! But little blurry. :(
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • chainchain Montreal Posts: 336
    I've waited 6 years to see them again... and what a night!!!

The setlist was great, the crowd was awesome... 6th row center... (145XXX)

Highlights for me? Setting forth and Hail Hail....also starting with Small town... wow...

See you soon PJ! Waiting for the bootlegs....
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    demetrios wrote:

hey...i met the dude who made the flag...i don't know if he's selling any...but i can contact him if you want...
    Loujoe wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

hey...i met the dude who made the flag...i don't know if he's selling any...but i can contact him if you want...

I loved that flag! If he is selling any, let me know! :D
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Loujoe wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

For sure. :)
  • ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    Listening to this on Sirius right now. Amazing - the entire band is ON! Happy for those who got to see this one live!
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • FitPearlFitPearl Posts: 744
    ogey38 wrote:
    Listening to this on Sirius right now. Amazing - the entire band is ON! Happy for those who got to see this one live!
    yup.

I miss them right now. :(
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

I'm ready to go back!

• FitPearlFitPearl Posts: 744
    JimmyV wrote:
    I'm ready to go back!
    ohhhhh hell yeah!

waiting for 2012! :D

• Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    demetrios wrote:
    Loujoe wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

For sure. :)
    Can we see a pic of this flag? I'm interested in this as well.