Options

Any PJ20 Regrets?????

tottototto Posts: 291
edited September 2011 in Given To Fly (live)
Here is my list:

Not seeing any of the side stage shows. Clips of Ed and Mike joining a few of them looked cool.
Wearing flip flops day one so I did not trash my kicks. I spent an hour after the show washing my feet.
Picking up tickets Friday night. 2 hour process and missed Wish List Party. No line when we went in on Saturday.
Camping, way to old for that and far too much work!
Not dressing warm night 2. Fine at the show, cold as hell at our post tailgate.
Not pre-scouting bathrooms and beer close to my seats. Seemed like I had to climb to the top everytime!
Not joining the Ten Club years ago!

Show's kicked ass, I was spent Monday!
Milwaukee, 7/8/95
Milwaukee, 6/30/06
East Troy, 9/3/11
East Troy, 9/4/11
San Jose, Costa Rica 11/20/11
Manchester, England 6/20/12
London, Canada 7/16/13
Chicago, 7/19/13
Charlottesville, 10/29/13 *** Favorite Show****
Milwaukee, 10/20/14
Chicago, 8/20/18
Boston, 9/4/18
St. Louis, 9/18/22
St Paul, 8/31/23
St Pau,l 9/2/23
Austin, 9/18/23
Austin, 9/19/23
Chicago, 8/29/24
Chicago, 8/31/24
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Wearing a t-shirt to night 2.

Forgetting my good camera for the museum (took many cell phone pics which are OK).

Not buying the Klausen S/N from day 2. had plenty when I shook his hand and said hello.
  • Options
    Missing the supporting acts on Day 2 - especially Eddie joining Glen on "Falling Slowly". Not wearing a warm sweatshirt on the 2nd night, was it chilly or what.
    Seattle 2009-09-21
    Alpine Valley 2011-09-03, 2011-09-04
  • Options
    its over :evil:

i saw most of the side acts...

i was warm
    went to museum early on saturday..that que(line) was huge on sunday
  • Options
    Not being there :(
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    childofthemoonchildofthemoon Detroit Posts: 60
    I regret not going to Night 1. I thought i'd save some money and avoid the extra ticket, hotel cost, etc. Big mistake!
  • Options
    Missing the museum. Waited until the last minute. Didn't realize there would be a two-hour wait to get in. Heard there was some really cool stuff in there.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,425
    We opted to watch most of the sidestage acts, so we didn't venture to any tailgates. We strolled around the 10C park, but not for too long...wish I would have parked it there for an hour and met some more 10C peeps.
  • Options
    My SD card on my phone filled up night one and I didn't realize it and I didn't want to miss anything night 2 fiddling around during the set deleting things.

I regret not bringing a completely blank card to the show.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I regret not going to Night 1. I thought i'd save some money and avoid the extra ticket, hotel cost, etc. Big mistake!

Same...My wife looked at me halfway through the sunday set, smiled and said "We shoulda came last night, too"
    Figured we'd spend sooo much more. 2 tanks of gas, $80 for 2 tix and a $60 hotel room on the way back. Not too much of a regret since it was my little girls bday on Saturday and we wanted to hang with her all day.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Missing the museum. Waited until the last minute. Didn't realize there would be a two-hour wait to get in. Heard there was some really cool stuff in there.

+1

Also wish I had made it over on Sunday to hang out with the guys from Boston that sat next to us on Saturday night. We were on the same wavelength throughout the whole show and they were seriously the nicest guys ever.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Not getting to see the museum, 14 hours goes quick oddly enough when there is constant music. I never really found myself with enough down time to wait in that line.

Meet some nice peps, wish I could have meet more.
    Sandstone Amphitheatre - Jul 03, 1998,Saratoga Performing Arts Center - Aug 27, 2000, HSBC Arena - May 02, 2003, Mellon Arena - Apr 26, 2003, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006, Verizon Amphitheatre - Jun 17, 2008, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009, Quicken Loans Arena - May 09, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011

Eddie Solo 8-16-08 DC, 6-15-09 Baltimore
  • Options
    I feel like I have too many...I'm trying to just let go :|

1. I killed my cell phone saturday because I kept it in my pocket while setting up a tent in the pouring rain. This caused me to be phoneless all weekend. Wouldn't had been a problem but I had to meet up with the person who had my tickets that day and I couldn't find a way to get a hold of her for hours. I was sooo stressed out. Many thanks to the guys that let me use their phones repeatedly during that time. :)
    2. Due to getting lost, the weather, and my dead phone I didn't get into the show until nearly 6pm Saturday. Missed the side acts day 1.
    3. Sunday I got in at 2. But I felt like I had to choose between the PJ museum or the side acts. I choose the museum and it's 2.5 hour wait. I loved it but I really wished I could have at least heard the other artists while I was waiting.
    4. Didn't make it to the poster convention. :( This is my biggest regret. I was going to right after the museum but I forgot and instead found a spot on the 10C lawn to wait and rest.
    5. That spot on the lawn turned out to really suck...It was in a little dip that I hadn't noticed until PJ started and I couldn't see a thing. And I was surrounded by some lame people who sat or layed down during PJ!
    It's OK, It's OK...we've all seen better days

Noblesville 5/7/10, PJ20 Alpine 9/3/11- 9/4/11, MIA Philly 9/2/12, Missoula 9/30/12, Wrigley 7/19/13, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13
  • Options
    The whole weekend was incredible for me.

There is only ONE regret I have....

I wish I would have socialized a little bit more. We grilled out both days, met a couple people around us, but I wish I would have went out a bit more and socialized. I had a work trip the previous week, didn't fly back into Milwaukee until 9:00pm, so I was unable to attend the Friday night gathering.

I was lucky enough to get all three posters, got a couple t-shirts, and had incredible seats.

But hey, if that's the only regret I have, I guess I'm pretty fortunate.
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    I regret having lawn seats for night one, but I don't regret meeting new friends during the rain, and sitting with them on the lawn for the whole show on Saturday and for the first two bands on Sunday.

I also regret not seeing the side stage bands on Saturday and wondering why Dhani Harrison was at PJ20.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I regret not making sure BOTH my camera batteries were charged up, I took 4 pics in the museum and then it died... :x Though we did meet some cool peeps that were in line, so it made the wait bearable, and they helped alter our mood as well ;)

I regret not making sure my portable cell phone charger was charged up, had to go to the charging station so I could text unlost and Afroannnie and tell them where to meet us.

I regret that the whole weekend wasn't 3 days like that other band that takes over the Gorge for 3 days on Labor Day Weekend-I think with ONE more day, it would have completed everything. The Saturday rain really put a damper on milling about and meeting more people.

I regret not buying reserved/GA tix, had lawn both days and I wish I could have been closer to 'feel' the excitement more...and see more of what was going on stage. I'm really short, so I had to rely on the video screens.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    absolutely nothing
    6/16/2008 Columbia, SC, 10/30/09-10/31/09 Philly, EV Solo 6/26/11 Detroit, 9/3/11-9/4/11 Alpine Valley, 9/30/2012 Missoula,MT 7/16/13 London, ON *****FIRST ROW****, 7/19/13 Chicago, IL, 10/30/13 Charlotte, NC. 4/21/2008 Columbia, SC, 5/2/2016 MSG2
  • Options
    Oh yeah I also didn't get the first nights poster because I got in so late. But I could've made it better by getting an extra night 2 to trade for a night 1 but I didn't! Mad at myself for that. Grrrr....
    It's OK, It's OK...we've all seen better days

Noblesville 5/7/10, PJ20 Alpine 9/3/11- 9/4/11, MIA Philly 9/2/12, Missoula 9/30/12, Wrigley 7/19/13, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13
  • Options
    I regret not bringing my poster tube back in Night 2 empty.

Without the tube I skipped getting a Klausen signed poster. Also skipped buying the $100 glow in the dark Hampton. Kinda a bummer, but saved me some dough I guess. Probably would have bought 3-4 more posters had there been tubes on Sunday.

I also regret not buying the hat now...and the key chain. By the time I decided to get the key chain, it was Sunday and the lines were long and not worth the wait. If I really want it I can get t from the Goods section and just pay more.

Really, my regrets mean I have more $ left so maybe that's not bad.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,177
    Not waiting out the line for the museum...I kind of regret not getting there earlier enough to get the posters but we had such fun tailgating both days and met some cool ass people that we decided to walk in the venue later.
  • Options
    Not getting a good enough nap so I could have seen N1 of PJ's performance. (Kind of hard with some drunk a$$hole Bears fans). Any maybe not buying a Klausen poster, but I got both the Ames Bros. autographs on a t-shirt!
  • Options
    ed's performance

regret not going to museum

regret it turning into cornell20

probably built it up too much in my head (thinking it would be state college esque etc)
  • Options
    I wish I was able to see the museum, but I don't regret it. No way did I want to waste 2 and a half hours of precious time waiting on line.

We barley had enough time for the side stages and meeting fans from all over without the museum wait. They should have kept it open all night.
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • Options
    You had to wait 2 hours to get into a pj museum??? Way to go, organizers!.. hahaha. Should've been an outdoors and somewhat of a free-for-all.

The only way I would've gone is if I lived w/in a hundred miles or so.

Put it this way: The PJ shows looked like Santa Barb in '03. I know it's cool to make a vacay out of it (to Wisconsin, haha), but you could've seen PJ and ALL of the other "smaller" bands (for 20 bux or less) when their resepective tours came to your hometown in a club. They were great acts though.

Sorry for my opinion, but I just don't get it (any festival show - Coachella, Lollapallooza, etc.).
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    You had to wait 2 hours to get into a pj museum??? Way to go, organizers!.. hahaha. Should've been an outdoors and somewhat of a free-for-all.

Put it this way: The PJ shows looked like Santa Barb in '03. I know it's cool to make a vacay out of it (to Wisconsin, haha), but you could've seen PJ and ALL of the other "smaller" bands (for 20 bux or less) when their resepective tours came to your hometown in a club. They were great acts though.

Sorry for my opinion, but I just don't get it (any festival show - Coachella, Lollapallooza, etc.).

An outdoor museum with a bunch of priceless artifacts...That makes sense

The tix and travel to see all the bands on the bill would cost alot more than that for me or anybody else that doesn't live in a city. I think the $ that I spent to go to one day of PJ20 is the least amount of money I've spent on a show in a long time, and that's seeing some smaller bands at smaller venues.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,809
    Short and T-shirt for night 2. It wasn't so bad, but a jacket would have been nice. At least the lawn was dry!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    what are regrets?
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,177

Dude you don't get it & never will. You just had to be there.
  • Options
    None. Play the South!
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:

Dude you don't get it & never will. You just had to be there.

Seriously. This was an event like no other that came before it and no other that will follow it (unless we make it to PJ40). It's like telling your best friend of 20 years, "Sorry dude. I can't go to your wedding, but let's go to lunch next time you're in town, eh? That'll be the same thing."

As if the two events are analagous.
  • Options
    NoCode_1 wrote:
    probably built it up too much in my head (thinking it would be state college esque etc)

So you thought Christ was going to return in the middle of it or something? Man, you must have shit a brick when Cornell walked out, then.