Options

Any PJ20 Regrets?????

13»

Comments

• Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Just not being there.... :cry:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    didn't meet everyone i wanted to meet.....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    That I didn't discover them sooner. First two shows. With more to come. I discovered the dead after 15 years and saw them 75+ times. Get ready...... many more shows to come.
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Not F5ing a little harder so as to have a chance to win the lottery :D

That, and I never made it through the museum.

Truly no real regrets though!

PS. Why would someone who didn't even go to PJ20, and doesn't have any regrets about not going to PJ20, post on this thread?
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    mfc2006 wrote:
    didn't meet everyone i wanted to meet.....

+1
  • Options
    tottototto Posts: 291
    edited September 2011
    Carey wrote:

PS. Why would someone who didn't even go to PJ20, and doesn't have any regrets about not going to PJ20, post on this thread?

I F5ed to the point of injury and did not win.

Great question about not going to the show. We asked that and revived no response. I'm jealous as hell of the people at the show tonight but only have love and best wishes they see the show of their life. Don't get it.
    Post edited by totto on
    Milwaukee, 7/8/95
    Milwaukee, 6/30/06
    East Troy, 9/3/11
    East Troy, 9/4/11
    San Jose, Costa Rica 11/20/11
    Manchester, England 6/20/12
    London, Canada 7/16/13
    Chicago, 7/19/13
    Charlottesville, 10/29/13 *** Favorite Show****
    Milwaukee, 10/20/14
    Chicago, 8/20/18
    Boston, 9/4/18
    St. Louis, 9/18/22
    St Paul, 8/31/23
    St Pau,l 9/2/23
    Austin, 9/18/23
    Austin, 9/19/23
    Chicago, 8/29/24
    Chicago, 8/31/24
  • Options
    JibitiJibiti Posts: 264
    Not seeing most of John Doe's set, missed Ed sing 'Golden State.

Not having enough $ on debit to get 'poster show' posters, shirts. ATMs didn't work for me.

Not getting potential autographs at poster show.

:(
    6.30.06 - Marcus Ampitheatre (Summerfest),
    9.03-04.11 PJ20!!!
    7.19.13 - Wrigley!!!
    10.19.14, 10.20.14 (Yield!!)
  • Options
    totto wrote:
    Carey wrote:

I F5ed to the point of injury and did not win.

Great question about not going to the show. We asked that and revived no response. I'm jealous as hell of the people at the show tonight but only have love and best wishes they see the show of their life. Don't get it.

I don't get it either, seems like borderline meanness to me! Either that or just good old fashioned waking up on the wrong side of the bed!
  • Options
    Yeah, good question: have you read the hundreds of people that don't go to the shows but comment on the "setlist reviews?" Isn't that the preeeeety much the same thing?

Anyways, no disrespect - just like to ask legit questions (most would agree that there is a double-standard when it comes to what you can and cannot talk about). I'll start a new, peacefully, PJ-PC named thread.

Seriously, no disrespect. And, I would've attended it made sense (to me) geographically (I've seen this band many-a-times, all the way back to '92).
  • Options
    totto wrote:
    Hey brianwilson

#1 I live in Wisconsin, I like it here and obviously others do as well, including the band. Have you been here or is this a closed minded opinion? I would love to understand your hehe comment about the Midwest and my great state. Please enlighten us all.

Me, too.
  • Options
    Yeah, good question: have you read the hundreds of people that don't go to the shows but comment on the "setlist reviews?" Isn't that the preeeeety much the same thing?

Anyways, no disrespect - just like to ask legit questions (most would agree that there is a double-standard when it comes to what you can and cannot talk about). I'll start a new, peacefully, PJ-PC named thread.

Seriously, no disrespect. And, I would've attended it made sense (to me) geographically (I've seen this band many-a-times, all the way back to '92).

IMO, you took it a bit further than the setlist reviews by insulting the organizers of the museum, implying that you are somehow better than the people who live in Wisconsin/midwest, and mocking people who are emotional about celebrating 20 years of their favorite band. So no, I don't think its preeeeeeeeettty much the same thing.
  • Options
    Just the states (physically), I like the people. The other stuff I think is the same; most sincere apologies, Carey, just opinions (mostly tongue-in-cheek, BTW).
  • Options
    I don't like the PJ Vans either :idea:
  • Options
    tottototto Posts: 291

thank you, geographically nothing works for 80% of the world. I hope you get a show close to you next year and it kicks your ass like PJ20 did for me. Take care
    Milwaukee, 7/8/95
    Milwaukee, 6/30/06
    East Troy, 9/3/11
    East Troy, 9/4/11
    San Jose, Costa Rica 11/20/11
    Manchester, England 6/20/12
    London, Canada 7/16/13
    Chicago, 7/19/13
    Charlottesville, 10/29/13 *** Favorite Show****
    Milwaukee, 10/20/14
    Chicago, 8/20/18
    Boston, 9/4/18
    St. Louis, 9/18/22
    St Paul, 8/31/23
    St Pau,l 9/2/23
    Austin, 9/18/23
    Austin, 9/19/23
    Chicago, 8/29/24
    Chicago, 8/31/24
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    regrets? -
    #1 not finding Speedy's tailgate on day 1 :?
    #2 having my flag taken off me when I went in on day 2, not thinking of ducking off between the cars, folding it up & stuffing it down my pants especially when Ed then did a shout out to the international folks & I couldn't hold my flag up! :shock: :cry:

Those are my 2 big blights on an otherwise unbelievable weekend!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    thinking i didn't want a wisconsin themed shirt because they're usually sports themed and i'm not a fan of the bucks or packers etc (or sports in general for that matter). then realizing, wait, that packers jersey DOES look cool... and not getting it because it sold out.
    not getting night 1's poster
    not talking to people from the board
    bringing the camera that uses batteries but not actually buying extra batteries

that weekend was amazing though. so happy i got to see every band i wanted to see and so glad i actually went despite being nervous over traveling by myself
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!