Options

There's so much vinyl!!!!!!!!!!

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    Speaking of vinyl... are we still waiting for a Christmas single for this year or did we already get it?
    we're all going to the same place...
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Speaking of vinyl... are we still waiting for a Christmas single for this year or did we already get it?
    Still waiting.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    Yeah! I would love to hear how those mono mixes sound - I have a lot of Bob Dylan on the original 60s mono, and the kind of sad person I have become I will probaby end up buying some of the recent reissues, and comparing them! No wonder I have no money.

Speaking of which later today I am going to seek out a shop I bought some amazing 60s and 70s vinyl from last year - they were at a record fair I went to, and had an amazing stock. They are pretty local and I just phoned them - I don't think I will be disappointed. Gonna drive over there today and see what I can pick up for £30.

Would be interested to read your review of the Dylan newch!
    My review is probably simple. If you're a Dylan fan, experience the mono version. Get the album on vinyl in mono. It's the way Dylan would want you to listen to it. It sounds amazing. Get it and listen to it...especially with head phones on. Do it!

:thumbup:

I might have to do just that!
    Yes you really have to.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    I got myself some good stuff today:

John Lennon - "Milk and Honey" (Have to skip Yoko's stuff)
    Bob Dylan - "Live at Brandeis Univeristy"
    Dead Kennedys - "Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables"
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

Yep, I'm doing exactly the same with 'Double Fantasy' right now!
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

Yep, I'm doing exactly the same with 'Double Fantasy' right now!
    :lol: Yep. On my iTunes, I have a set list with his DF and M&H songs, which I consider should've been his album.
  • Options
    "All Things Must Pass" sounds amazing on vinyl! I remember listening to it about 10 years ago, but this is the first time in 10 years I'm listening to the vinyl version.
  • Options
    I got such a bargain this week. An acquiantance decided to get rid of all his vinyl at 2 quid ($3) each. A lot of it is crap but there are some gems in there. I bought about twenty off him this week and he has about 100 more for me to look through.

The real bargain there was Kraftwerk - Radioaktivat. The earliest German Kling Klang pressing, as the later ones have a lyircs card and this only has the titles in German. Still got the deutchmark sticker on the cover. And the beautiful part is that it comes with a full sheet of 16 promo stickers, plus an extra one on the cover. I've checked around and the closet I could find on the net was the same pressing with 14 stickers remaining for 50$, so I imagine this is worth more as it is complete and in great condition, too.

I love it when you get a bargain like that!

Kraftwerk_Radio_Activity_album_cover.jpg
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,935
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCbWPwuJ ... ata_player

I just got a bunch of my records back from a friend who I leant them to so he could learn to mix ages ago, that didn't work out so here they are. I can't believe I parted with that PJ single. :shock:
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    KarleyKarley Posts: 506
    I got such a bargain this week. An acquiantance decided to get rid of all his vinyl at 2 quid ($3) each. A lot of it is crap but there are some gems in there. I bought about twenty off him this week and he has about 100 more for me to look through.

The real bargain there was Kraftwerk - Radioaktivat. The earliest German Kling Klang pressing, as the later ones have a lyircs card and this only has the titles in German. Still got the deutchmark sticker on the cover. And the beautiful part is that it comes with a full sheet of 16 promo stickers, plus an extra one on the cover. I've checked around and the closet I could find on the net was the same pressing with 14 stickers remaining for 50$, so I imagine this is worth more as it is complete and in great condition, too.

I love it when you get a bargain like that!

Kraftwerk_Radio_Activity_album_cover.jpg

sounds great! unfortunately the album itself, besides the title track, isn't really my thing. what do you think of it?
    <object height="305" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="305" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" favorite tracks!</a> by <a href="
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCbWPwuJnU0&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player

I just got a bunch of my records back from a friend who I leant them to so he could learn to mix ages ago, that didn't work out so here they are. I can't believe I parted with that PJ single. :shock:

Hahaha - like a mini 90s time machine! Glad you got reunited.
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    God, I love Visual Vinyl. Trip to the UK finished. Returning home, having spent just £35 in total, with 16 vinyl. Not all great condition but some are really fine:

Dylan - More Best of
    Donovan - Colours (double LP)
    Joni Mithell - Blue
    U2 - Boy
    Peter Gabriel - 1st
    Tubes - Tubes
    compilations of obscure 60s US rock, reggae and some other shit
    Oldfield - Tubular Bells
    JM Jarre - Oxygene
    Kate Bush - Never Forever
    Van Morrison - Moondance
    Lonnie Donegan - Frankie and Johnny
    and a couple of others I can't remember right now.

it really is the best little shop around and I'm looking forward to spinning all of these.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,903
    Latest vinyl(s) I just received was just a few day's ago. :)

400_Vedder11goodies.jpg
  • Options
    God, I love Visual Vinyl. Trip to the UK finished. Returning home, having spent just £35 in total, with 16 vinyl. Not all great condition but some are really fine:

Dylan - More Best of
    Donovan - Colours (double LP)
    Joni Mithell - Blue
    U2 - Boy
    Peter Gabriel - 1st
    Tubes - Tubes
    compilations of obscure 60s US rock, reggae and some other shit
    Oldfield - Tubular Bells
    JM Jarre - Oxygene
    Kate Bush - Never Forever
    Van Morrison - Moondance
    Lonnie Donegan - Frankie and Johnny
    and a couple of others I can't remember right now.

it really is the best little shop around and I'm looking forward to spinning all of these.

Great haul!

Moondance and Blue - two of my all time favourite albums. Both best experienced in vinyl :thumbup:

• Options
    demetrios wrote:

400_Vedder11goodies.jpg
    I hope Uke Songs is still available.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, the other three I got were Morrissey, Curved Air and Joan Jett.

I highly recommend that place to anyone who lives in the Midlands. It is so small that he can't shift all the stock he has, so loads of really decent albums in pretty good condition end up in the pound boxes. A quid for m ost of those albums. He makes his cash from the collectibles sections and there are a lot of good secitons. The 80s and 90s section is a bit lacking but the rest are excellent for such a small store. For about a tenner they have the Cure, Jesus and Mary Chain, Wedding Present, Stones, 50s skiffle, pshychadelica and all kinds of other goodies. It's worth a trip and with a hundred quid I reckon most collcters could come away with 2 or 3 rarties, half a dozen albums for a fiver and armfuls of interesting finds from the pound boxes.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,903
    Newch91 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

400_Vedder11goodies.jpg

It's still available. :)

https://secure.pearljam.com/store/produ ... 6291-VINYL
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

400_Vedder11goodies.jpg

It's still available. :)

https://secure.pearljam.com/store/produ ... 6291-VINYL
    Sweet. I'll probably get it later this week.
  • Options
    Got a couple of my holy grails today: John Lennon's "Plastic Ono Band" and "Imagine" albums. "Imagine" sounded great. Listening to "Plastic Ono Band" now.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Got a couple of my holy grails today: John Lennon's "Plastic Ono Band" and "Imagine" albums. "Imagine" sounded great. Listening to "Plastic Ono Band" now.

And I got a huge Lennon/Lenin related bargain today. Russian pressing of 'Hard Days Night' complete with Cyrillic writing all over it. $3. Mind condition. Can't say fairer than that ;)
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

And I got a huge Lennon/Lenin related bargain today. Russian pressing of 'Hard Days Night' complete with Cyrillic writing all over it. $3. Mind condition. Can't say fairer than that ;)

Sounds good! You two should come and join us over at the Vinyl thread in the 'other music' section - most of the regulars from here seem to have migrated to there, and it's a really interesting thread, with quite a lot of people adding their latest finds etc

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=117418&start=1410

(although I do still like seeing vinyl on the porch :) )